The GBA DS Cover Project (discussion & links)

[quote name='moe11888']
I know this isn't much of a difference but in my opinion, the white border is too thick. Could we use something like this. Once again, I realize there is a very little difference.

gbaside1sr2.GIF
[/quote]

That logo looks really nice. So have we decided to start using this one? Should I start using this one as opposed to the old one? Are we sure?

Oh and I'l upload that cover now Snowcone. Thanks for the link again! Edit: Success!
-G

[quote name='simplygriff'][quote name='moe11888']
I know this isn't much of a difference but in my opinion, the white border is too thick. Could we use something like this. Once again, I realize there is a very little difference.

gbaside1sr2.GIF
[/quote]

That logo looks really nice. So have we decided to start using this one? Should I start using this one as opposed to the old one? Are we sure?

Oh and I'l upload that cover now Snowcone. Thanks for the link again! Edit: Success!
-G[/quote]

That is what I am using now. I am going to replace the logo on all the existing covers with the new one.

The updated covers with the new logo are being uploaded. After that I will get the remaining uploaded covers put in place. Man this is turning out to be a massive project. I am going to send a few emails to some of the Nintendo Fan Sites and see if they can generate some buzz about this.

hey, snowcone - I like the new page you created! I'll change the OP to point to it!

Also, not to be an ass, but could you at least credit me for my original designs on your page? I know you went back and put in the new logo, but it sure would be nice to get credit for them, especially the Metroid DS cover..

Kepp it up - these are still great!!

[quote name='organicow']hey, snowcone - I like the new page you created! I'll change the OP to point to it!

Also, not to be an ass, but could you at least credit me for my original designs on your page? I know you went back and put in the new logo, but it sure would be nice to get credit for them, especially the Metroid DS cover..

Kepp it up - these are still great!![/quote]

LMAO. I just PMed you asking for you to make me a list of the ones you did as well as a link to your own site. I setup the database to default to me until the field is filled with another name so that is why my name shows up.

Ok everyone, I am heading out of town until Sunday. I will pick back up first thing on Monday. DenisDFat, thanks for the scans. They are not straight so it's going to be tough to use them. I will let you know if I can't make it work.

Cool tip for unstraight scans in case you don't know.

Use the ruler tool to draw a line across a line you know should be straight like an edge or logo or something. GO Image> Rotate Canvas> Arbitrary>

It will automatically insert the value you need to rotate it. Press OK and you're done. Do this first thing though because it rotates the whole canvas and can cut things off if you're not careful.
-G

Also I plan on doing a few of these tomorrow on my day off. First up is Mario ADV 2 and Super Mario Classic. I'm not sure what else after that. Just wanted to let anyone else know who may be doing these as well so we don't end up doing the same ones. Oh and I'm going to use the new GBA logo from the start.
-G

I've got Pokemon Pinball, DKC2, Crash N-Tranced, and Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge almost done. I'm using the old logo because I already have it ready, but I'm hoping you can change it to the new logo when you get back.

Uploading Mario Pinball Land, Pokemon: Fire Red, Pokemon: Leaf Green, and Yu-Gi-Oh: World Championship 2004. I'm still using the old logo, so you'll need to change this batch too if you can.

I just did KOFEX2 myself. It was my first attempt, so it may be a little off in some places, but hopefully you can fix those.

Got Mario Advanced 2 and Super Mario Classic done w/ new logo. I'll try uploading now if the link is still active.
-G
Edit: Uploaded Sucessfully!

[quote name='simplygriff']Cool tip for unstraight scans in case you don't know.

Use the ruler tool to draw a line across a line you know should be straight like an edge or logo or something. GO Image> Rotate Canvas> Arbitrary>

It will automatically insert the value you need to rotate it. Press OK and you're done. Do this first thing though because it rotates the whole canvas and can cut things off if you're not careful.
-G[/quote]

Awesome. I did not know that.

KoF EX 2
Mario Pinball Land
Mario Adv. 2
Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon Leaf Green
Pokemon Pinball
DKC2
Crash N-Tranced
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge

All uploaded and thumbed.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']More requests:

Iridion 3D
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Give it to me![/quote]

I'll try to do Tony Hawk 2 tomorrow morning.

I never picked up Iridion 3-d. :(

Oh and Snowcone, Glad I could help with the scan tip. That's saved me tons of time lining ish up.
-G

[quote name='simplygriff'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']More requests:

Iridion 3D
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Give it to me![/quote]

Oh and Snowcone, Glad I could help with the scan tip. That's saved me tons of time lining ish up.
-G[/quote]

Thank you thank you thank you!

[quote name='simplygriff'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']More requests:

Iridion 3D
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Give it to me![/quote]

-G[/quote]

Just upload them as usual.

[quote name='Surashu']Request:

Mega Man Battle Network 2
Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue
Monster Rancher Advance 2
Pokémon Ruby[/quote]

I don't have any of those.:( Anyone else?
-G

First of all, I think this is an awesome idea.

7 of my 8 games have already had covers created. The only one that hasn't is Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs. I have the original cardboard box and a scanner, but I don't have photoshop or the skills to actually make the cover. If I scan the box, could I talk someone into trying to make the cover for me (and the other 6 people who bought the game)?

EDIT: Also, someone said a few posts above that the Tony Hawk one was done and uploaded, but I don't see it on the main page for this project. Are there more covers available than show up on the main page?

EDIT: Also, someone said a few posts above that the Tony Hawk one was done and uploaded, but I don't see it on the main page for this project. Are there more covers available than show up on the main page?

Griff uploaded them to Snowcone's site. Snowcone still needs to add the cover to his main page, though.

I'm going to re-upload Pokemon Pinball - I noticed the damage to the box in the top left corner of the back side; but I can fix that in photoshop since it's only one solid color where it's creased.

The scans for Spyro look blurry to me - any way you could get them clearer?

EDIT: Looking at the Pokemon Pinball I made, I'm just going to re-do it to make it look better.

Better Pokemon Pinball uploaded. Snowcone - can you give me the link to the new logo? I don't see it so I'm still using the old logo.

[quote name='k8s']The scans for Spyro look blurry to me - any way you could get them clearer?[/quote]

Yeah, they aren't as good as some of the ones that I've seen, but it's at 400dpi, and the JPGs are bigger than what they will be when they're all done, so maybe they'll look better? I dunno, my HP PSC1350 is pretty good (photos look like originals when scanned), but I left all the settings on default except making it 400 dpi. I'm not sure how to make it better

lol. I didn't get a chance to update with the covers from today. I will do that in the morning. In the meantime I have enlisted the help of the Penny Arcade forumers in an attempt to massively expand our efforts.

[quote name='k8s']Better Pokemon Pinball uploaded. Snowcone - can you give me the link to the new logo? I don't see it so I'm still using the old logo.[/quote]

I plan on updating the homepage with details and links to all my resources first thing tomorrow.

Contra Advanced Done. Will upload shortly.
Edit: Uploaded sucessfully!

I can do all the Spyro games (Attack of Rhynocs, Season of Ice, Season of Fire) from my own scans if the others are too blurry. My wife loves that purple dragon so we have all the games. Except the newest Crash crossover thing. :p ???
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']Contra Advanced Done. Will upload shortly.
Edit: Uploaded sucessfully!

I can do all the Spyro games (Attack of Rhynocs, Season of Ice, Season of Fire) from my own scans if the others are too blurry. My wife loves that purple dragon so we have all the games. Except the newest Crash crossover thing. :p ???
-G[/quote]

Well mix it in. All your other covers are great.

If you're going to enlist help of other forums(which is great) I think we need to have some kind of work in progress list, thread or something. Perhaps on the ssnackbar-games page. What do you guys think? I just don't want people wasting time doing stuff twice. And honestly I want to do all the ones I can cause this is fun for me.

My List (again):
Castlevania AOS -Already Done
Castlevania COTM -Already Done
Contra Advanced - Done
FF Tactics Adv - Already Done
FF1&2 - Already Done
Final Fight One - Front of mine messed up
GT Advanced
Mario Kart - Already Done
Metroid Fusion - Already Done
Sonic Advanced - Already Done
Spyro Season of Flame
Spyro Season of Ice
Super Mario Advanced - 1Done
Super Mario Advanced 2 - Done
Super Mario Advanced 3 - Already Done
Super Mario Advanced 4 - Already Done
Super Mario Classic - Done
Tetris Worlds
Tom & Jerry The Magic Ring
Tony Hawk 2 - Done
Wario Ware - Already Done
Zelda LTTP - Already Done

Looks like I don't have the Attack of the Rhynocs or I'm not sure where the box is. I plan on doing all the rest.
-G

[quote name='Snowcone']If everyone is ok with it I will move all discussions to our forums for centralization.[/quote]

I'm cool with it. Got a link?
-G

[quote name='Snowcone']Awaiting rescanned Spyro[/quote]

Well, I would rescan them, but I'm seriously walking out the door to go on a week-long trip, and anyway I don't know if scanning them a second time will make it better than I got it before, so hopefully someone else can get a copy of the Attack of the Rhynocs box and can scan it better than I can.

[quote name='bficky'][quote name='Snowcone']Awaiting rescanned Spyro[/quote]

Well, I would rescan them, but I'm seriously walking out the door to go on a week-long trip, and anyway I don't know if scanning them a second time will make it better than I got it before, so hopefully someone else can get a copy of the Attack of the Rhynocs box and can scan it better than I can.[/quote]

Yeah, I figured someone else could try. The problem with GBA boxart is that sometimes it just isn't that clear or the scanner picks up wierd gradient patterns in the color. We will see if someone can come up with boxart for it. If not, I will publish the previously created one.

i'll see if I can get the following scanned in:

Duke Nukem Advance
F-Zero
Gradius Galxies
King of Fighters Ex
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
Max Payne
Phantasy Star Collection
Ultimate Muscle

I also have Chu Chu Rocket and CT Special forces boxes, but both have some heavy wear (both KB Toys display copies)

Sneaky - Is the damage on the edges and corners, or is it over the main logo and stuff? If it's just on the edges, I could try to fix it in photoshop if you want.

[quote name='k8s']Sneaky - Is the damage on the edges and corners, or is it over the main logo and stuff? If it's just on the edges, I could try to fix it in photoshop if you want.[/quote]

Nah, they both had price stickers (among other stickers) on the front of the box, and when removed, left residue, or removed some of the case. Total lost cause.

bread's done
Back