The GBA DS Cover Project (discussion & links)

[quote name='The Punisher']any ideas on fitting the manuals in the ds cases?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

GBA manuals? I use an X-Acto knife to cut out the small plastic strip towards the top of the case (right above the top of the DS manual). With that removed, GBA manuals fit perfectly.

[quote name='The Punisher']any ideas on fitting the manuals in the ds cases?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I've had super luck with a toe nail clipper. It's small, and sharp and not much effort, you can snip the top thin piece and it works.

about 10 seconds and you can slip a DS manual.

if you can get a straight edge instead of the normal round, it might look less rounded.

I'd take a picture but it's nothing compared to the hacking it takes to get a damn GBC or GB in the damn thing.

[quote name='PR Mega X']GBA manuals? I use an X-Acto knife to cut out the small plastic strip towards the top of the case (right above the top of the DS manual). With that removed, GBA manuals fit perfectly.[/QUOTE]

when u get a chance, can u post a pic with the booklet without/inside?

do u know if printing the cover takes special paper? So do i just download the over art, go to print, and print it or do i need to input the size before printing?

Want to print some GBA art covers for the ds case.

[quote name='The Punisher']when u get a chance, can u post a pic with the booklet without/inside?

do u know if printing the cover takes special paper? So do i just download the over art, go to print, and print it or do i need to input the size before printing?

Want to print some GBA art covers for the ds case.[/QUOTE]

Cell phone camera is the best I can do, but here you go:

Here's a picture highlighting the area that you need to cut out (I've already done it here)
step1y.jpg

Here's a shot of the manual inside the case
img20110820171738.jpg

As for the paper, photo paper is the best. Standard letter 8 1/2 x 11 will come out just a *bit* too short for DS cases. I recommend legal 8 1/2 x 14 if the gap bothers you.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Cell phone camera is the best I can do, but here you go:

Here's a picture highlighting the area that you need to cut out (I've already done it here)
step1y.jpg

Here's a shot of the manual inside the case
img20110820171738.jpg

As for the paper, photo paper is the best. Standard letter 8 1/2 x 11 will come out just a *bit* too short for DS cases. I recommend legal 8 1/2 x 14
if the gap bothers you.[/QUOTE]
thanks. pics look great. The gap shouldnt be a big deal. I mean when i download the over art from the coverartproject, do i need to alter anything (size,etc.) before print preview? Would it look good if it prints on regular 8 1/2 by 11 paper?

[quote name='The Punisher']thanks. pics look great. The gap shouldnt be a big deal. I mean when i download the over art from the coverartproject, do i need to alter anything (size,etc.) before print preview? Would it look good if it prints on regular 8 1/2 by 11 paper?[/QUOTE]

If you have an option in your printer settings for "Borderless Printing", I'd check that. Otherwise, you should be good to go.

[quote name='PR Mega X']If you have an option in your printer settings for "Borderless Printing", I'd check that. Otherwise, you should be good to go.[/QUOTE]

thanks.

Could anyone provide a scan of MADDEN 08 cover art for DS? Or, if they were feeling generous, the actual liner and/or manual? Trying to help a friend complete a Christmas gift.

By any chance does anyone have the cover for magic touch detective 2 1/2 they could scan? Google search provides me with everything minus the spine art work :(

Still haven't found the newer/alternate box art scan of Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on the Cover Project.  Might have to cave and buy the game again.

Still looking for Catherine on 360 and Katherine on PS3.  Along with their censored versions done in the same way.

bread's done
Back