The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

Ah I see, everyone will be able to find you now since you're a plant person (which nobody else is). :rofl:

Just kidding, too bad you went to a bigger server instead of a failing one like Ferguson's Crossing. They need all the help they can get.

I was in Ferg's Crossing, and it was totally dead. I had no idea it was going to be empty since it said "High" for population.

I switched to Tarnished Coast because I like the community, but it's a bit overcrowded. I'll probably stay for the community. If only I could find a medium-pop server with a nice community. :) TC is really great, though.

Ferguson's Crossing is nothing impressive, I'll admit. I've been here since the Headstart and they are horrible at WvW and are fairly silent in map chats in most areas but I like the players I've assembled for my guild.

F-Crossing is not a "big" server and lacks the most notable guilds but I don't have a problem with that since I run one of the bigger, best guilds on the server. :shock:

With WvW being such a big part of the endgame in GW2 currently, I wouldn't want to join a server that you know is going to have 0 chance of winning. Its PvP or farm for a legendary.

Why is "The Crossing" going down in price so much? Seems odd to me that it was 55 a couple days ago and now it is sitting at like just about 50g. That's a fairly big jump.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Ah I see, everyone will be able to find you now since you're a plant person (which nobody else is). :rofl:

Just kidding, too bad you went to a bigger server instead of a failing one like Ferguson's Crossing. They need all the help they can get.[/QUOTE]

No I don't think you understand: She has a mushroom for a head and she's purple. She's purple! ;)

I only went Darkhaven because that's where my buddy is and he's been bugging me to get it since release. Kinda shitty about the whole having one 'home' server though as I'm an altaholic. (unless I misunderstood that prompt as there was beer involved)

I'm really enjoying my time with the game so far and it really does completely change your perspective on an MMO when there's no monthly fee guilting you into playing.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']No I don't think you understand: She has a mushroom for a head and she's purple. She's purple! ;)
[/QUOTE]

OK then, I think that is pretty unique. :rofl: I haven't seen any purple tree people running around.

[quote name='frostybroc']Thinking of picking this up, do they have a referal bonus or free trial?[/QUOTE]

Why what good timing on your end:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Refer-a-Friend-Free-Trial-is-Coming

We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial. You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.
To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.
We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!
Probably worth noting that the launcher (22MBs) downloads ~15GBs of game data and there's no play now while the rest downloads in the background type option so it'd be best to get going sooner rather than later.
Windows Client
Mac Beta Client

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost Shores should be interesting, considering it is just a little added content for no real reason. It is being thrown in between Halloween and Christmas, so I don't expect anything monumental but maybe some AH prices will skyrocket on some things again. :fridge:

Also would love a Referral! Have been wanting to try this game out ever since the mac client was announced (big fan of Guild Wars 1 when it originally came out).

A friend of mine let me get at his account, where I created an Asura Engineer. I'm diggin the style. So I might pick it up this evening after finishing up some reflection papers. What is a good server to get on? Is there a CAG guild?

No CAG guild, as far as I know, which is a bit shocking and sad.

It's really hard to pick a server. I went with Tarnished Coast because it's the unofficial RP server. I don't RP, but it seems to have the best people on it. I'm enjoying it. I think TC must mostly be older folks, which seems to lead to a better experience. I like younger folk, but I have to admit it's nicer without having to hear about boobs and chuck norris constantly.

I ended up picking it up with some credit I had at Best Buy. Probably stick with an Asura Engineer since I had fun testing out the game with one.

Yup, I knew it; I'm already looking at my 4 out of 5 filled character slots and thinking about dropping another $30 just to have 8 slots total. (I'll wait for a sale or something but I really want one of each profession in my stable)

I decided to stray a bit from casters and start a Norn Guardian knowing full-well that I gravitate away from both melee classes and boring human-like races. Ug...she's my favorite damn character now.:booty:
gw015.jpg

Guardians are a lot of fun!! I'm enjoying my ranger and finding it to be what I always wished the hunter was in WoW. The beauty of Guild Wars 2 is that you can play any class basically however you want.

Here are the details for the referrals:
Invite a Friend to Play Guild Wars 2 for Free

Share Guild Wars 2 with a friend! They’ll receive an invite with a special code that will allow them to create an account and log in to play for free between November 15 and 18, 2012. Our supply of free invite codes is limited, so invite your friends today!

I'm wondering if we should setup something in the freebies forum or just do it here.(?)

Still never heard of them. If you want, you can PM me and I'll give you my name on GW2 so you can get ahold of me. You're welcome to join up with my guild. Extremely organized and helpful, not to mention well respected, large and a top guild on the server.

Lost Shores will be nice, but what will be the lasting appeal of this little update is the Fractal of the Mists. The question I have is...what kind of dungeon tokens will it drop? Tokens to get Accended armor I guess?

Well that first bit of the event was disappointing but I was doing it the second that it started so it was a complete clusterfuck of players and skill lag.

Is it even worth logging on for? I mean, Halloween was pretty awesome but an event without a holiday behind it just lacks motivation. WoW just has my full attention atm heh.

Are the tokens/items from token going to still be around after this weekend? I would kind of hope so given the amount of tokens needed for some items.

The event was cool in design but terrible in execution. The lag was crazy on Phase 1. Then I couldn't complete the quest chain not too much of a biggie since the reward was meh. I loved Phase 2 taking LA back and then boarding the ship and building up the new zone. Phase 3 was long and annoying and was buggy as hell. Took me 3 hours to beat in the over flow I was on. The reinforcements took forever to get rid of. At the end of all of it I got a 20 slot bag and some other items not for my class to make some money on the market. I enjoyed the event but wished it was more like Mad King and more instanced based.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']The event was cool in design but terrible in execution. The lag was crazy on Phase 1. Then I couldn't complete the quest chain not too much of a biggie since the reward was meh. I loved Phase 2 taking LA back and then boarding the ship and building up the new zone. Phase 3 was long and annoying and was buggy as hell. Took me 3 hours to beat in the over flow I was on. The reinforcements took forever to get rid of. At the end of all of it I got a 20 slot bag and some other items not for my class to make some money on the market. I enjoyed the event but wished it was more like Mad King and more instanced based.[/QUOTE]

Imagine this same, exact experience, EXCEPT, at the end of the massive 3-hour battle... you crash to desktop. That's what happened to me. I logged back in, and whether I was on the same overflow or another, I don't know, but the boss was already dead and charred, and there was no reward chest. I then switched to another overflow, and it was at the BEGINNING of the whole battle! There was no way I was going to stay up ANOTHER 3 hours. I would have been up until 6am, and I had to get up at 7!

:( Really crappy luck. I would have been happy with a 20 slot bag and whatever other doo-dads.

Ug...3 hours and then a CTD? That sucks bigtime.

I think the whole event took us like 90 minutes but I had beer at the ready so it went by pretty quickly.

Was rad to see engineers with a solid line of mortars and turrets and basically everyone there making sure that not a damn person went un-rezzed throughout. (I spent a good amount of time switching between greatsword in the fray and then scepter and focus while resurrecting people)

I definitely had a good time and it melted away the disappointment I felt on the first day...but then loot will do that I guess. (and yeah the whole event was in an overflow...hell my whole time logged in was in an overflow)

WTF 3 hour boss fights?! Are they taking pages of bad design from FFXI? Wow, really glad I didn't waste my time then for a shitty 20 slot bag. My characters have full 15 slot bags and never run out of room regardless. Hope whatever holiday event they have next isn't such a limited run or retarded in conception.

[quote name='Jodou']WTF 3 hour boss fights?! Are they taking pages of bad design from FFXI? Wow, really glad I didn't waste my time then for a shitty 20 slot bag. My characters have full 15 slot bags and never run out of room regardless. Hope whatever holiday event they have next isn't such a limited run or retarded in conception.[/QUOTE]

I played from the start of the event to the end. On the first over flow I was only like 30 mins in and the rezzing wasn't going well in my group so I hit the WayPoint and my game froze on a load screen got back in on an over flow that was further along in the event then when I d/ced and it still took me another 2.5 hours. In my over flow there was just a lot of people standing back not doing anything, then halfway in the event chain from Phase 2 randomly started and we couldn't progress because the bridge was broken so we had to go back and redo phase 2 to get to the otherside of the island to do phase 3. it was bugged as hell. I am a new player so the 20 slot from this was welcome but a hell of a time getting it.

bread's done
Back