The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

[quote name='xycury']:lol:

Well just had to.…

Anyways with the engineer.... All that's left is the " Mesmer" class[/QUOTE]

lol... I'm hoping they make a big fucking deal about GW2 at E3, or they are going to shoot themselves in the foot.

[quote name='HydroX']lol... I'm hoping they make a big fucking deal about GW2 at E3, or they are going to shoot themselves in the foot.[/QUOTE]

Arenanet is heavy with the EU, so they won't do squat at E3, I can bet you on it.

They will at the later show in Germany though.... guarentee that... they always show over there, NCSoft is huge in the EU/Asia market where they can spend the bucks.

[quote name='xycury']Arenanet is heavy with the EU, so they won't do squat at E3, I can bet you on it.

They will at the later show in Germany though.... guarentee that... they always show over there, NCSoft is huge in the EU/Asia market where they can spend the bucks.[/QUOTE]

True, forgot all about that.

Does anybody still play the original Guild Wars? I'm thinking about playing again since I've had the game for months and haven't played much.

OP needs to update the GW part of the post for new WoC Beyond content released on July 7.

Possibly should wiki-fy to let the fall barrage of new content and GW2 news releases be updated here consistently?

its not really the purpose of this thread to keep it update with latest news, its just what i'm doing till the game comes out and we have a place for the cag guild members to talk about their experiences and the game, but its not out yet. i just do the op stuff to help pass the time till the game is actually out when i feel like it and the cag guild hasn't been active for a very very long time so there isn't a need to keep a roster for the time being.

that said i don't care if you wiki it, but its kind of redundant atm since anet is blogging all their updates and shit. if you want the latest news, get it from the official site. the thread will be more active when the game actually comes out and i'll get the cag guild going again and plan gaming nights and all that good shit.

I understand the limitations and excessive time requirements for updating a thread like this with the constant influx of information from Anet; don't get me wrong, I can't wait for this game to come out, but even with visiting guildwars2guru.com and my favorite necromancer site for gw2, necrobator.com, it's hard to keep up.

I only suggested wiki-ing this out of deference to the pre-existing community of CAG guild wars players to help keep any who are interested in gw2, interested till release. I don't mean to tread on toes, but if a majority of CAG gw players have been playing since 2007 or earlier, they've been waiting for four years for this game, if not more. If there is another way to garner attention to this thread, not only for gw players but folks new to the Anet way of doing things, this could and should be the focus of attention, a funnel, a way to whittle all the massive blog posts and community involvement into a few short paragraphs with streamlined links for further reading/flushing out.

I respect your efforts here; I've run into similar issues with my own alliance being non-active in this limbo period between gw and gw2 release, but I'm willing to help you and CAGs however I can.

Thekrakrabbit said it best.

Still no release date, but it's getting closer and closer. Might actually have to update my computer this year in order to play it.

[quote name='HydroX']Still no release date, but it's getting closer and closer. Might actually have to update my computer this year in order to play it.[/QUOTE]
no exact date but...

[quote name='GW2']We recently finished our first closed beta test, and we're now ready to hold progressively larger events. In February we'll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we'll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year.[/quote]

[quote name='crystalklear64']no exact date but...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read about that. Got me super pumped, but it likely won't be out until late this year.

[quote name='HydroX']I was just coming to post this. lol

Signed up, but I doubt I get in. My specs are terrible.[/QUOTE]

Can't be as bad as that poor bloke who signed up on his netbook. xD

They probably will be looking for multiple tiers of low,mid,high-ranged rigs. Maybe you won't get into the first beta, but speculation on up-and-coming optimizations to the gfx engine will supposedly allow for a much wider range of setups to play the game. So they'll definitely want lots of different types of setups to test the game out on.

[quote name='timmaa']Can't be as bad as that poor bloke who signed up on his netbook. xD

They probably will be looking for multiple tiers of low,mid,high-ranged rigs. Maybe you won't get into the first beta, but speculation on up-and-coming optimizations to the gfx engine will supposedly allow for a much wider range of setups to play the game. So they'll definitely want lots of different types of setups to test the game out on.[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah. I was thinking the same thing. Here's hoping.

Tried playing this today, but couldn't get past level 4. The lag was unbearable, as to be expected the first weekend of mass beta, but still disappointing. Also disappointing that the game segregates character starting zones by race, so I couldn't play with my friend unless we both rolled the same race.

Game seems fun enough, but not the next coming of MMO's for sure. I'll play this with my IRL friends that want to, but my passion will remain with SWTOR.

well i played through the street rat missions up to level 10 where you kill the gang leader. unlocked almost all the skills for all the elementalist weapon combos, and i have just now rolled up a new character. hardly any lag for me though of course the server crashes suck.

you can play with your friend easily. simply hit H, choose to go into the pvp lobby and go to lion's arch. in la there are asura portals to all the starting areas.

the tough part is getting into the same instance as your friend since you can't choose districts like you could in guild wars, if you get put into an overflow shard good luck ever seeing each other.

I am now a Level 7 Norn Engineer. Had no lag or major issues, had some crashes yesterday trying to create my character and a few issues selecting a server but once i finished all that ive been pretty good.

[quote name='crystalklear64']the tough part is getting into the same instance as your friend since you can't choose districts like you could in guild wars, if you get put into an overflow shard good luck ever seeing each other.[/QUOTE]

The game doesn't let you switch instances if you're in the same party but different instances? Does that strike anybody else as a major oversight or just me?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']The game doesn't let you switch instances if you're in the same party but different instances? Does that strike anybody else as a major oversight or just me?[/QUOTE]
a dev on the forums said that its only happening atm due to the ridiculous number of players. when partied the game should automatically put you in the same area, but you both have to switch zones.

theres a lot that i'm disappointed with in gw2 based on the beta, especially any and every aspect of PvP, but this weekend has shown me that it will deliver where i liked guild wars the most, and that is in exploration. holy shit the environments are ridiculous. so many little details packed into every inch of terrain. i spent about 6 hours total just exploring the 3 starting cities taking screenshots. there is so much to see!

spent this last day doing nothing but exploring. was delighted to find this:
2me9tzp.jpg

I had a great time with the Beta, I finished with a Level 17 Norn Engineer which i enjoyed playing a lot. The exploration in this game is great. Considering this game was never really on my radar as I am not much for MMO's.

I currently have a Sub to SWTOR but i have kind of fizzled and I am only at level 28 :/. I took the plunge after watching some videos for a pre-purchase and figured i would try the beta out. Now i am definitely excited for this game to come out.

I cant believe more CAG's aren't in to this game?

I'm pumped for the game but my computer is too old to play it and I'm too broke to replace or upgrade it. So my only alternative is to live vicariously through you all.

I enjoyed it. Due to work and school projects, I only got my charr engineer up to level 8, but it was pretty fun. Not gameplay related, but their map is pretty fantastic.

My friend and I were pretty interested in this like last summer, when it looked like it was going to come out last winter. That said, we've pretty much lost interest in it at this point, especially since neither of us were invited to any of the beta stuff (cant be bothered pre-ordering a game I might not like just to get beta access). Now, with D3 coming out in May, and the eventual release of Counter Strike Global Offensive this summer, I really doubt we'll take the leap on this in the fall.

wasted an hour or so here. cannot believe the stuff they have put into this game. at the top there are some diving goggles that do nothing except allow you to spin and flip in the air when you jump off. if you mess up your timing you do a bellyflop.

vid of my friend trying it out:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F3r-7oRan0

going to have a blast exploring the world which is one of the things I spent so much time in Guild Wars for. Very happy with this aspect of GW2 assuming the rest of the content is up to the same quality as the stuff I've seen so far.

Friend and I loved the beta which moved this from a maybe to a definite purchase. Now we're looking to go back and do the Hall of Monuments stuff but she doesn't have Eye of the North. Are there any known retailers that still have copies kicking around for less than MSRP or will we have to settle with dropping $20 for it?

I don't really know cag's policy on the stuff, but I bought a friend EOTN from a website that just sells the cd-keys. Check around for that if you're brave enough. Theres a place selling it for 10$ that I have used in the past but not everyone is cool with sites like it.

Amazon has it for 17$ with prime.

[quote name='Genocidal']Friend and I loved the beta which moved this from a maybe to a definite purchase. Now we're looking to go back and do the Hall of Monuments stuff but she doesn't have Eye of the North. Are there any known retailers that still have copies kicking around for less than MSRP or will we have to settle with dropping $20 for it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crystalklear64']I don't really know cag's policy on the stuff, but I bought a friend EOTN from a website that just sells the cd-keys. Check around for that if you're brave enough. Theres a place selling it for 10$ that I have used in the past but not everyone is cool with sites like it.

Amazon has it for 17$ with prime.[/QUOTE]

Amazon Warehouse Deals has a copy for $13 and change, might be worth it as if it doesn't activate you can return it with no issues.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list..._used?ie=UTF8&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&condition=used

Well I got home at 3pm yesterday leaving me with 3 hours to play GW2. Sat down, patched the client and loaded it up. Did the "defend the guy from centaurs while he gets some loot" dynamic event and logged off.

I think its just because I know its beta and everything is going to get wiped, but I just didn't feel like playing. Hope that feeling goes away at release.

Just was informed of a GW2 thread so I'll just place this here...

I was able to snag a beta key for next weekend, and I am getting super excited. I have watched a lot of combat videos. I am liking what I see. Part of me is tempted to just jump on the GreenManGaming deal for 10% off and be done with it.

But honestly, the thing that will seal the deal is if I can convince some friends to play or find a good community. That is what sells MMOs for me.

Anyone else in the beta for next weekend/played in past betas?

I bought GW2 from Green Man Gaming today and I am super excited for the game, but I have a quick question...

the code that they sent me...it is just for the beta correct? I already have a code so I was wondering if I could give it to a friend so he could play this weekend with me. I should receive a code for the full game when it finally launches, right?

Why is there not more interest in this?!

I'm in the beta this weekend (missed the last one due to a video card dying just days before) and am looking for some good community. Any CAGs want to meet up in-game? I have no idea what server to choose.

switched to cavalon server.

Awwright, beat the level 19 story quest (circus one) at level 14. It was tough and all my shit was broken at the end, but it was done. Now it just says Demo Story Complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back