The Inclusive 4GB SD Card Workaround Solution for Wii!

I downloaded Sin & Punishment to my SD card since I didn't have room. Then I made room and downloaded it to my Wii. Is it possible to delete it off the memory card?

[quote name='rjj']I am having a problem very similar to what llamaaction described.

I have been using the 4GB workaround for several months without any significant issues. But yesterday, after downloading a song in RB2, the system indicated that there was no more space on the SD card. I figured no problem, I would just delete one of the dummy files I was using to pad the card. However, when I restarted RB2, it indicated that the SD card was unuseable, and that the SD mode was disabled. I figured that perhaps when it ran out of space during the download/transfer that something happened to make the card unreadable. I have tried low level formatting with SDFormatter numerous times, with no luck. The Wii itself is fine with the card and can read and transfer information to it. But RB2 won't, even when there is less than 1.99 GB free.

Any suggestions?

TIA[/QUOTE]

This happens with me as well, where RB2 won't recognize my Transcend 4GB card sometimes. It's frustrating. I usually take it out put it back in several times. Sometimes the game eventually recognizes it, sometimes not. I don't know what causes it or how to fix it. All I can suggest it trying to remove the card and put it back in. Mine works flawlessly for VC and WiiWare games, but just has this recognition issue in RB2.

Taking the card out and putting it back in makes me feel like I'm trying to get a game working in my NES again. :p

[quote name='utopianmachine']Is it possible to games load from the SD card and still have the channel present on the Wii menu?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no. It sucks and makes me wonder what the point of having 48 channels on my main menu is when I can barely use 18 without filling up the internal memory.

[quote name='icedrake523']I downloaded Sin & Punishment to my SD card since I didn't have room. Then I made room and downloaded it to my Wii. Is it possible to delete it off the memory card?[/QUOTE]

You downloaded it to your SD card. Then did you download it again from the Shop Channel? You didn't have to do that, you could have moved it from your SD card.

Go into data management in your Wii menu, choose channels, then pick your SD card. It will show all the games and channels on your SD card. When you find S&P you can choose to delete it or move it. Since it's already on your internal memory, just delete it. You could choose to move it in the future if you feel that's easier than re-downloading it.

bread's done
Back