The Incredible Hulk - Gen. Discussion & Info

so far i have only unlocked Joe Fixit and his moves seem almost identicall so far to regular Hulk. This game is fun but thing do seem to just "explode" when you walk next to them. I bought mine at BestBuy I totally forgot about the GameStop preorder. And some of the other moves like the Thunderclap are kinda akward to pull off in a fight where u are swarmed with enemies and the Army.

I was watching a friend play it the other day, he racked up several achievements for the game. Its not worth 60 dollars, but it is definitely a game worth trying out. It didn't seem to bad.

[quote name='Scorch']The game came out yesterday so I doubt most places will have it to rent until next week.

I've tried it and the game's just.. atrocious. It's littered with bugs.. completely filled with them. The most obvious is when Hulk jumps into the water.. like other superhero games, he jumps back out, but the animation sticks on the ground (he acts like he's still falling), then the game throws you backwards, then forwards, and then you finally land. I tested this on both the PS3 and the 360 versions and the bug is present.

There's all sorts of inconsistencies, too. I picked up a lawn chair and threw it at a few trees, which all were decimated by my lawn chair. Civilians don't die.. I threw them across the map, into a building, into cars, into the ground.. they always get up and run away.

He climbs the buildings weird.. instead of climbing up, he leaps up with each move. Oh, and while everything's destructible, you don't have to hit it to destroy i.. I slowly (and when I mean slowly, I'm talking the speed of a snail here) walked into several objects (billboards are the worst about it) and they all acted like I just freakin' blew them up.

I'm all about some sandbox, but it's just not fun after about ten minutes or so. I loved Ultimate Destruction, but after a round or two of this, I had to stop.. it was pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

But would this game be "incredible" if a patch was released to fix these bugs; or are the play mechanics and basic content simply not enough to carry it towards redemption?

I think a patch would go a LONG way towards redeeming this game. Definitely not worth 60 bucks like I paid but I am a Hulk fanatic..for better or worse.

A patch could definitely make it better.. I don't know about totally redeeming it. The core gameplay is there, a few more months and this one would've one-upped Ultimate Destruction..

//edit: Also, did anyone else receive an achievement for pressing start? I did, it said "Finally, you are invincible!" or something to that effect. Was this a glitch or an actual achievement just for pressing start?

[quote name='Khondor']most things cam be interacted with (Destroyed), but buildings can only be damaged,
you cant bring one down :cry:
[/quote]

Just to clarify (I havent read the rest of the post) you can destroy all the buildings heck there is a achivement where u have to destroy all thebuildings in a neighborhood.

They suppose to be releasing a patch and multiplayer at the endof the month as its rumored ill let you guys know if its 100%

And on thoughts about people who keep tryin to compare this to UD:
They used the UD formula which is good but don't compare the 2 the game isnt UD 2. Is just the Hulk movie game but they made it open world. I for one think the game is
at least a 9.0/10. It would of gotten a 10 if the glitches werent there (not that bad of a glitch) really how many times u gonna jump in the water? The game locks up here or there
but of course patches can fix. The gameplay is fun gfx is sweet what more can you ask for? I really loved this game and for 60 bucks I felt like its worth it. Great job on there first
try (Edge of Reality).

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Just to clarify (I havent read the rest of the post) you can destroy all the buildings heck there is a achivement where u have to destroy all thebuildings in a neighborhood.[/quote]

You can mess up the fronts of buildings, but you can't level the buildings like in UD. I think that was the complaint.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Anyone see it at their local Blockbuster yet? I've been asking them where it's been the last 2 days....[/QUOTE]

They got them in today.

[quote name='deadite76']They got them in today.[/quote]
They did not have them out at mine today...hmmm

[quote name='Scorch']You can mess up the fronts of buildings, but you can't level the buildings like in UD. I think that was the complaint.[/quote]

I was just playing the part against the hulkbuster armor and he does this laser move and as im running when he hits abuilding it levels so yes you can level every building in the game including the high ways

[quote name='Scorch']A patch could definitely make it better.. I don't know about totally redeeming it. The core gameplay is there, a few more months and this one would've one-upped Ultimate Destruction..

//edit: Also, did anyone else receive an achievement for pressing start? I did, it said "Finally, you are invincible!" or something to that effect. Was this a glitch or an actual achievement just for pressing start?[/QUOTE]

I believe that is the Shellhead achievement, which I got when I started the game as well. It is from having an Iron Man save file, as I had Hulkbuster unlocked from the start as well. I think you can also get it from defeating a Hulkbuster near the end of the game.

bread's done
Back