The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='game_collector_83']How about these:

Art of Final Fantasy IX
Xenosaga DVD (preorder disc with all cutscenes from the first game)
8-bit Simon Belmont figure SEALED (Dracula X Chronicles preorder)
Mega Man X digital clock with suction cup feet (Mega Man X7 preorder I think)
Final Fantasy IX Vivi Plush (free when registering to play online back in the day)
Monkey Ball Aiai Plush (Super Monkey Ball Adventure preorder)
Doom III Hell Knight Pweter figurine (Doom III preorder)

I saw the Art of Final Fantasy IX on ebay, but I wasn't entirely sure how rare it actually is. They rest I have no idea, value-wise.[/quote]

Would not say rare, but more hard to find. Are you looking to get rid of them??????

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Why does NCAA College Basketball 2k3 go so high?
I think i saw 3 at my kmart...[/quote]

It's only the Cube version. It was released in fairly limited quantities, it's the only NCAA College Basketball game on the Cube, and it's the only NCAA College Basketball game without the College Hoops name.

Thanks, Wikipedia!

That said, are there any rare new/sealed XBox games? I have a few.. Fatal Frame 2, The Guy Game, Conker Live & Reloaded, Toe Jam and Earl, Psychonauts, and a few others.

[quote name='Scorch']It's only the Cube version. It was released in fairly limited quantities, it's the only NCAA College Basketball game on the Cube, and it's the only NCAA College Basketball game without the College Hoops name.

Thanks, Wikipedia!

That said, are there any rare new/sealed XBox games? I have a few.. Fatal Frame 2, The Guy Game, Conker Live & Reloaded, Toe Jam and Earl, Psychonauts, and a few others.[/QUOTE]

The XB has a few moderately rare games but nothing that I know of which is worth a lot... I'm pretty sure The Guy Game is worth quite a bit.

Hey I just found (and bought of course) Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) at CC today for $8.96. Is Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) rare by chance? The only reason I really bought it was because I heard it was an excellent game and I figured for that price, I couldn't go wrong.

I also saw King of Fighters XI for the PS2 as well.

[quote name='Pck21']Hey I just found (and bought of course) Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) at CC today for $8.96. Is Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) rare by chance? The only reason I really bought it was because I heard it was an excellent game and I figured for that price, I couldn't go wrong.

I also saw King of Fighters XI for the PS2 as well.[/QUOTE]

Might be worth keeping sealed. With the unexpected sequel coming out, a sealed copy would probably turn a good profit though the sequel won't hit for a while.

But the game is also a great game... it's definitely worth playing.

[quote name='Vinny']The XB has a few moderately rare games but nothing that I know of which is worth a lot... I'm pretty sure The Guy Game is worth quite a bit.[/quote]

The Guy Game was pulled from shelves due to a 17 year old being in some of the footage in the game and the last time I checked you couldn't even sell it on Ebay since it was banned.

As for the other games that Scorch mentioned, I have a copy of Psychonauts SEALED still and I may go grab a complete/minty used copy of TJ& E from Gamestop for $5 soon.

[quote name='Vinny']Might be worth keeping sealed. With the unexpected sequel coming out, a sealed copy would probably turn a good profit though the sequel won't hit for a while.

But the game is also a great game... it's definitely worth playing.[/quote]

Ah thanks! I just asked on here because the prices on amazon and ebay were very low for a game that I thought to be rare. I completely forgot about the sequel coming out which should make it jump in price. The bad part is I really want to play it! :) Ugh what to do, what to do. lol.

[quote name='Scorch']That said, are there any rare new/sealed XBox games? I have a few.. Fatal Frame 2, The Guy Game, Conker Live & Reloaded, Toe Jam and Earl, Psychonauts, and a few others.[/quote]

Outrun: C2C is fairly rare on the Xbox.

[quote name='Pck21']Ah thanks! I just asked on here because the prices on amazon and ebay were very low for a game that I thought to be rare. I completely forgot about the sequel coming out which should make it jump in price. The bad part is I really want to play it! :) Ugh what to do, what to do. lol.[/QUOTE]

Just get a used copy, it's $8 from Gamestop.

[quote name='kell']Outrun: C2C is fairly rare on the Xbox.[/QUOTE]

It is? Dammit... I have the first OutRun on the XB (whatever it's called) and figured that one would be worth something someday. But since it wasn't, I figured the sequel wouldn't be worth anything either.

[quote name='Vinny']Just get a used copy, it's $8 from Gamestop. [/quote]

Haha as soon as I posted on this site, I opened up a new tab and looked up the availability at GS! There is a used copy near me and I will probably get it, especially at that price.

I had Outrun: Coast 2 Coast on the Xbox too, which I got from the Blockbuster BOGO sale last year or the year before. I threw it in with my collection of games that I sold on here a while back, along with all of the Silent Hills, Futurama for Xbox, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 for Xbox and a number of other sought after/'rare' games.

OK, how 'rare' or not is Graffiti Kingdom? I've passed on two near complete(missing manual for both) copies from TWO seperate Blockbusters in the past 6 months or so. Was I stupid or what?

[quote name='lakers310']is snowboard kids for N64 rare?[/quote]

Both snowboard kids games for N64 are worth about the same.
Snowboard Kids $16
Snowboard Kids 2 $22

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK, how 'rare' or not is Graffiti Kingdom? I've passed on two near complete(missing manual for both) copies from TWO seperate Blockbusters in the past 6 months or so. Was I stupid or what?[/quote]

This game sells for about $17 now. But you can see from the huge price spike for the game in December and January that it might be one of those games that sells for a lot around Christmas time. You might be able to sell it then for $35 or so.

[quote name='jjgames']Both snowboard kids games for N64 are worth about the same.
Snowboard Kids $16
Snowboard Kids 2 $22

This game sells for about $17 now. But you can see from the huge price spike for the game in December and January that it might be one of those games that sells for a lot around Christmas time. You might be able to sell it then for $35 or so.[/quote]

AW DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!! A few years ago i sold at gamecrazy for a penny

[quote name='kell']Outrun: C2C is fairly rare on the Xbox.[/quote]

Yeah, I have that. I saw two copies for $4.99 each once.. almost bought them both, but passed on the other. Oh well. It's not new/sealed though. I think I have every rare XBox game now.. except Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK, how 'rare' or not is Graffiti Kingdom? I've passed on two near complete(missing manual for both) copies from TWO seperate Blockbusters in the past 6 months or so. Was I stupid or what?[/quote]

It only sold 14,000 copies.

It is definitely one of the rarest PS2 games. For some reason most people only seem to find it used at Blockbuster. I found a used copy at Gamestop for $17.99 about three years ago though.

[quote name='Rozz']It only sold 14,000 copies.

It is definitely one of the rarest PS2 games. For some reason most people only seem to find it used at Blockbuster. I found a used copy at Gamestop for $17.99 about three years ago though.[/quote]

See, I did NOT know that, though the only places besides the one local shop(which had a single copy for $4-6 a while back) that I've seen them at are Blockbuster stores and usually they're missing at least the manual.

[quote name='Rozz']It only sold 14,000 copies.

It is definitely one of the rarest PS2 games. For some reason most people only seem to find it used at Blockbuster. I found a used copy at Gamestop for $17.99 about three years ago though.[/quote]

If that 14,000 number is true I bet the game would be worth something in the future. Is the game any good? I guess if it is crap, then it doesn't matter how rare it is it will still be pretty cheap.

It has been nearly 3 years since it came out though, so if it hasnt gained value yet, I dont think its going to. Yes, its uncommon, but theres so little demand for it that it doesnt matter.

Graffitti Kingdom was loads of fun. Not to mention it had a stellar soundtrack done by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross). It's on my request list on Goozex right now.

[quote name='darkslime']Is Prince Of Persia for the Genesis rare?[/quote]

Nope. It sells for about $4-5 bucks and is relatively easy to find too.

I remember that there was a Sonic Adventure 1 for Dreamcast that was rare. I think it was the black label. CAGs, correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='yukafls']I remember that there was a Sonic Adventure 1 for Dreamcast that was rare. I think it was the black label. CAGs, correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

You're probably thinking of the Limited Edition version. It's pretty rare and can sell for quite a bit on eBay.

[quote name='Jack']You're probably thinking of the Limited Edition version. It's pretty rare and can sell for quite a bit on eBay.[/quote]

I agree. The regular Sonic Adventure games on Dreamcast don't sell for much but the Limited Edition one goes for about $40+

Mega Man X (sealed) SNES.

I saw it at a game shop I go to and I don't really know the price they're asking. Depending on how much I could get for it, it might be worth a flip.

...or if anyone here wants it, I'll go see how much it is and pick it up for ya (and whatever else they might have). :)

[quote name='punkmaggit']Mega Man X (sealed) SNES.

I saw it at a game shop I go to, and I don't really know the price they're asking, but depending on how much I could get for it, it might be worth a flip.

...or if anyone here wants it, I'll go see how much it is and pick it up for ya. :)[/quote]i would pick it up. people make up their own values on ebay. but im not surprised if they sell for this much. we all know that the value is based on the current market :). but i would be happy to have it if you don't mind :)

Sure they ask that much, but who actually pays?

Called the store and it's $29.99. I'm heading there today to grab it. Thanks phear. I really trust your opinion.

Those auctions you brought up talk about a "middle seam." Is that a big deal?

*edit* Picked it up - the seal is opened a little on the side, but still looks really pretty :D. Also picked up a sealed Soltice (NES) for $4.99. Any idea how rare that one would be?

[quote name='punkmaggit']Sure they ask that much, but who actually pays?

Called the store and it's $29.99. I'm heading there today to grab it. Thanks phear. I really trust your opinion.

Those auctions you brought up talk about a "middle seam." Is that a big deal?

*edit* Picked it up - the seal is opened a little on the side, but still looks really pretty :D. Also picked up a sealed Soltice (NES) for $4.99. Any idea how rare that one would be?[/quote]

Solstice is going for about $20 new on eBay, so that's a pretty good deal.:)

Couldn't find this on ebay, nor any completed listings. Anyone have a clue? I know the Gamecube Remake Guides go for a decent amount, so I would assume this is the same.

DSCF0028.jpg

i have one of those 2/3 guides but i heard there was 2 versions. RE guides are cool. i pretty much have them all with RE archives. i think that would be the rarest of all RE guides, which occationally would sell for $100+. *hint* i would sell anything RE related closer to Re5's release date :)

I have been a huge fan of the RE series, I have some of the games for Dreamcast and Gamecube but never got around to expanding it. I also have some of the promos. I wish I could have gotten the guides when I had the chance, the only one I have is for code veronica(for DC and is a good game) but it was in a DC magazine. I guess that counts as a walk through not really a guide.

[quote name='phear3d']i have one of those 2/3 guides but i heard there was 2 versions. RE guides are cool. i pretty much have them all with RE archives. i think that would be the rarest of all RE guides, which occationally would sell for $100+. *hint* i would sell anything RE related closer to Re5's release date :)[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot all about RE Archives. That's the one I really want...:whistle2:(

The two different versions of the 2/3 guide are just the different publishers (Prima and Brady), right?

[quote name='Vinny']Oh yeah, I forgot all about RE Archives. That's the one I really want...:whistle2:(

The two different versions of the 2/3 guide are just the different publishers (Prima and Brady), right?[/quote]
people prefer the dan berlow (i think thats how you spell his name) version. as for RE archives. i called a few bookstore and found one. it was 25 miles away but, it was worth it.

Anyone know what the Earthbound Strategy guide is worth? I found one that I might buy but wasn't sure if it is a good deal. It's the official strategy guide.
Here is a picture of the guide.
9ed9_1.JPG

[quote name='jjgames']Anyone know what the Earthbound Strategy guide is worth? I found one that I might buy but wasn't sure if it is a good deal. It's the official strategy guide.[/QUOTE]

That's a tricky one. On one hand because the guide was packed in with every copy of the game , that means that it's (technically) no more rare that the game. On the other hand , because a lot of people lost or damaged there copy of the guide , and because (most) people didn't sell or give away the guide and game together , that makes it valuable as well.

I've heard people say that it's worth about half the value of what a copy of the game goes for , so take that for what you will.

[quote name='StarKnightX']That's a tricky one. On one hand because the guide was packed in with every copy of the game , that means that it's (technically) no more rare that the game. On the other hand , because a lot of people lost or damaged there copy of the guide , and because (most) people didn't sell or give away the guide and game together , that makes it valuable as well.

I've heard people say that it's worth about half the value of what a copy of the game goes for , so take that for what you will.[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken... there weren't exactly a ton of copies of Earthbound either so, it's pretty damn rare I'd say no matter how you look at it.

[quote name='darkslime']Worth $5-10. Common.[/QUOTE]

Even though it's common, I've normally seen that it goes for $15-20. Not sure where you're seeing it for $5-10...

[quote name='Vinny']Even though it's common, I've normally seen that it goes for $15-20. Not sure where you're seeing it for $5-10...[/quote] I just picked one up and PnT for 8 not too long ago.

bread's done
Back