The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines is definitely uncommon. Past copies have sold for around $40.

Princess peach goes for about $18 on ebay, but if theyre selling on amazon for that much, its kind of worth it. I think they're having a buy one get one %50 off DS gasmes right now as well.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines is definitely uncommon. Past copies have sold for around $40.
[/QUOTE]

You can thank True Blood and Twilight for that. I think both Vampire games were only worth around $10 prior to the vampire popularity surge a couple years ago. Unfortunately for me, I only owned the original game which never got a boost in value, presumably because it is set in the past versus the modern day setting that Bloodlines has.

Maybe not the right thread for this, but does anyone have any idea of the value of a copy of the first pressing of a Final Fantasy XII OST? I looked on eBay but I didn't see any first printing copies, and most of the regular ones look like bootlegs.

Does anybody know if a copy of game and watch collection for the ds from club nintendo might be worth anything in the future? Debating if I should open it or not.

I'm sure it will be worth something in the future, but it won't be for a good 10+ years. If you think you are willing to sit on it that long to maybe get $40 bucks, go for it.

[quote name='vodkablast']Is Super Princess Peach rare / going OOP? It's $60 at amazon and sellers have new ones for $40 but the TRU by me had like 5 five of them today at $30.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i bought one awhile ago. I noticed some buy it now listings on Ebay is going for 40 to 60 dollar range.

OK. I picked up a sealed "Origin Pak" today. It was a combo package of System Shock, Wing Commander III, and Bioforge.

Any idea what this is worth? There is no listing on Amazon, but there is a current buy it now for an opened, but complete copy on Ebay for $40 + shipping.

I was wondering if these are rare:

-Resident Evil 4 Collecters Editon (PS2)
-The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collecters Edition (PC) *T Rated version*

RE4 CE is uncommon, but not really too rare, not the ps2 one anyway. Same thing goes for oblivion(from what Ive seen). Not sure if the T rated version is rarer or not, though.

[quote name='vodkablast']Is Super Princess Peach rare / going OOP? It's $60 at amazon and sellers have new ones for $40 but the TRU by me had like 5 five of them today at $30.[/QUOTE]
toys r us have a chokehold on a big chunk of it. i dont think any distributors actually still carry them other than TRU. TRU and nintendo are best friends :)

[quote name='phear3d']toys r us have a chokehold on a big chunk of it. i dont think any distributors actually still carry them other than TRU. TRU and nintendo are best friends :)[/QUOTE]

Mine too... it's still full price and it'll likely stay that way for another 2-3 years.:lol:

[quote name='Collectorguy00']What about Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition? I know it was sold out for a second and ebay prices are all over the place.[/QUOTE]

Look at the completed listings, not what people are pricing them at. They're getting a little north of $100 new.

[quote name='sgr76']Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey and Parasite Eve for PS1. I just managed to snag Oddworld on ebay but i am getting seriously gouged for Parasite Eve. Are they really that rare?[/QUOTE]

This isn't what being gouged is. Being gouged is when you're in a hurricane zone and you need bottled water, which is being sold for $5 a gallon. Being gouged is when you have your car repaired and they won't give it back unless you pay more than the negotiated price.

If you choose to buy a luxury such as VIDEO GAME, you are not being gouged. You don't need video games. It's a big, damn internet. If you paid more than you're comfortable with, you have nobody to blame buy yourself. YOU made the choice when you weighed the value of your money against the value of owning the game.

I'm tired of idiots blaming the VENDOR for CHOOSING to pay for a non-essential item like a goddamned video game. LEARN TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND CHOICES, PEOPLE.

[quote name='othergames']This isn't what being gouged is. Being gouged is when you're in a hurricane zone and you need bottled water, which is being sold for $5 a gallon. Being gouged is when you have your car repaired and they won't give it back unless you pay more than the negotiated price.

If you choose to buy a luxury such as VIDEO GAME, you are not being gouged. You don't need video games. It's a big, damn internet. If you paid more than you're comfortable with, you have nobody to blame buy yourself. YOU made the choice when you weighed the value of your money against the value of owning the game.

I'm tired of idiots blaming the VENDOR for CHOOSING to pay for a non-essential item like a goddamned video game. LEARN TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND CHOICES, PEOPLE.[/QUOTE]

Reported for losing the game

[quote name='othergames']This isn't what being gouged is. Being gouged is when you're in a hurricane zone and you need bottled water, which is being sold for $5 a gallon. Being gouged is when you have your car repaired and they won't give it back unless you pay more than the negotiated price.

I'm tired of idiots blaming the VENDOR for CHOOSING to pay for a non-essential item like a goddamned video game. LEARN TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND CHOICES, PEOPLE.[/QUOTE]

Should be in every thread where people blame the seller for the price of a game (well, after fixing some grammar.)

[quote name='ninja dog']Should be in every thread where people blame the seller for the price of a game (well, after fixing some grammar.)[/QUOTE]

:applause:

People love getting mad at the game dealers when the market determines the value. If you don't like the price it's offered at then don't pay it.

[quote name='phear3d']toys r us have a chokehold on a big chunk of it. i dont think any distributors actually still carry them other than TRU. TRU and nintendo are best friends :)[/QUOTE]

sorry if this is a dumb question, but being that it's hard to find that game anywhere else, do you think I should pick up a copy to add to my DS collection. I'm debating, because I don't know whether or not it'll hold it's value or become more valuable in the future. I know it's $40 at my local gamestop for a used copy.

[quote name='ninjab0yyyy13']sorry if this is a dumb question, but being that it's hard to find that game anywhere else, do you think I should pick up a copy to add to my DS collection. I'm debating, because I don't know whether or not it'll hold it's value or become more valuable in the future. I know it's $40 at my local gamestop for a used copy.[/QUOTE]

My guess is not, judging by other games like Starfy, Electroplankton, and Tetris. The latter is probably the result of bootlegs more than anything else.

I'm glad I held on to my sealed Mana Khemia 2 game with poster and OST, looks like it's going for $40-60 new already. Persona 3 Portable is also holding its value well.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']I'm glad I held on to my sealed Mana Khemia 2 game with poster and OST, looks like it's going for $40-60 new already. Persona 3 Portable is also holding its value well.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Mana Khemia 2 $40 to begin with? And I see the delux version on ebay right now for $50?

Persona 3 Portable is still too new to tell, imo. Released only 4 months ago. Even Mimana, released almost 8 months ago, is holding most of the value still, and it's pretty widely panned.

Yeah, it started at $40, but it hasn't dropped at all. Values of video games drop so quickly so just maintaining value is a good sign. Plus I have the bonus hat with P3P which should boost the value.

I wish the Shadow Hearts games would increase in value. I have Covenant and From the New World in mint condition with the guides, and the guides are pretty hard to find.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Yeah, it started at $40, but it hasn't dropped at all. Values of video games drop so quickly so just maintaining value is a good sign. Plus I have the bonus hat with P3P which should boost the value.

I wish the Shadow Hearts games would increase in value. I have Covenant and From the New World in mint condition with the guides, and the guides are pretty hard to find.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt they will. I see them at like every Gamestop. Only the first one has maintained value.

[quote name='Fatso2027']I posted a while ago, but I never got a response, how much is a sealed copy of Yakuza 1 (ps2) with the guide worth?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fatso2027']Anybody know about Yakuza sealed with the guide?[/QUOTE]

it's not much, you can get 50ish if you sell them individually, but a bundle will go for 30-40 tops.

Notice something about this Zelda cover?
28t9sg6.jpg

The front cover says Player's Choice. However the side part around where it says Gamecube is black instead of yellow. It should be yellow though if this is player's choice.

Just wondering but is this a simple misprint that everyone has, or is my copy one of a kind?

If I could pick up at least one of each platform(PS3 and 360) for Star Wars TFU Sith Edition sealed, would it be good for flipping on ebay?

They would all be sealed.

[quote name='Capsuledragon']Notice something about this Zelda cover?

The front cover says Player's Choice. However the side part around where it says Gamecube is black instead of yellow. It should be yellow though if this is player's choice.

Just wondering but is this a simple misprint that everyone has, or is my copy one of a kind?[/QUOTE]

That looks like a Canadian copy.

[quote name='Rozz']That looks like a Canadian copy.[/QUOTE]
Well I do live in Canada. But I have other Player's Choice copies and they have the correct colour.

[quote name='Capsuledragon']Well I do live in Canada. But I have other Player's Choice copies and they have the correct colour.[/QUOTE]
it could be just a variant copy not really one of a kind per se. they probably forgot to remove the label at one point.

hmm...Super Mario All-Stars for the wii...is it teh rarez?

lol honestly though, are there any truly rare current gen, ntsc games (not including demo discs, promo discs, etc)

[quote name='Drclaw411']hmm...Super Mario All-Stars for the wii...is it teh rarez?

lol honestly though, are there any truly rare current gen, ntsc games (not including demo discs, promo discs, etc)[/QUOTE]

800k copies sold, so define rare. And a possible reprint.

[quote name='Drclaw411']hmm...Super Mario All-Stars for the wii...is it teh rarez?

lol honestly though, are there any truly rare current gen, ntsc games (not including demo discs, promo discs, etc)[/QUOTE]

Yeah there aren't to many current games that are rare. Its just so cheap to manufacture the discs that they usually make a ton of copies.

[quote name='darkslime']yes they're all worth around 75 bucks each on ebay[/QUOTE]

LOL - I sure hope darkslime is just joking; none of those games are going for 75 a piece -- not even close.

Well it seems that Predator: Concrete Jungle for PS2/XBOX is more "rare" than it should be...I was hoping to grab a copy and replay this game after watching Predators, but instead of going for 10 bucks on ebay like I hoped they would be they are going for around 25-50. Not thrilled about paying that much for a copy.

[quote name='JoshTX']Well it seems that Predator: Concrete Jungle for PS2/XBOX is more "rare" than it should be...I was hoping to grab a copy and replay this game after watching Predators, but instead of going for 10 bucks on ebay like I hoped they would be they are going for around 25-50. Not thrilled about paying that much for a copy.[/QUOTE]

Lions and Tigers and Bears. Oh my.

guys i have a question. its not vid game related, but i dont know where else to ask!! if i do i wouldnt be here so dont bash me!

alright i have a:

1) Yugi Structure Deck (Japanese Volume 1) from like 2002
2) Kaiba Structure Deck (Japanese Volume 1) from 2002 as well.

both are opened but are sealed in individual covers. all are japanese and are in mint condition for the most part.

any idea how much theyre worth?? i doubt theyre rare.. though i looked on ebay and amazon and i cant get an idea of how much they are worth (together and individually)

[quote name='doodmandood']Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 +2 Plus found this for $3.99

I know it's pricey used but is it hard to find?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='aniousjoe']No.[/QUOTE]

!

PSO I&II Plus is actually hard as shit to find. I've been hitting video game stores, thrifts, paw shops, etc. weekly for three years straight and have NEVER seen a single copy of Plus. I've found several (probably 15+) copies of the regular PSO I&II, but never Plus. It is definitely rare and very scarce.

[quote name='giantqtipz']guys i have a question. its not vid game related, but i dont know where else to ask!! if i do i wouldnt be here so dont bash me!

alright i have a:

1) Yugi Structure Deck (Japanese Volume 1) from like 2002
2) Kaiba Structure Deck (Japanese Volume 1) from 2002 as well.

both are opened but are sealed in individual covers. all are japanese and are in mint condition for the most part.[/QUOTE]
What the hell is this!?! This isn't videogames! ROAR! :twoguns: :twoguns: I'm upset now! Off to let the internet know! ROAR!

bread's done
Back