The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='Doomstink']I'm not even going to bother checking Myst as the majority of the series is worthless, could be an oversight on my part, though, because collections and gold editions usually wind up being worth more than their predecessors.

Battle Realms on the other hand is incredibly rare, both of those games in new condition are probably worth a combined $250 - $300 (unless they are the Focus multimedia bootleg versions).[/QUOTE]

Sold. But in all seriousness where the hell am i gonna find a buyer for this?

What happened to the Metal Gear Subsistence Limited edition? That seems to have had a rather dramatic drop in price... I'm certainly not complaining since it allowed me to get a mint copy and guide for $60, just seems rather odd for it to drop like that, can you guys think of any factors that may have caused this?

[quote name='snowmint']So how about Sakura wars wii, wario land shake it, DQIV DS, Pikmin wii?[/QUOTE]
Sakura Wars: No
Wario Land: No
DQ 4 DS: No
Pikmin Wii: No

At least that's what I'm pretty sure about. DQ4 is $20 new at GameStop.com (and can be found elsewhere, like Amazon and Kmart), Wario Land is OOP but still pretty cheap and not really 'rare.' That might have changed though in the 8 months since I bought it.

Only 2 I'm not 100% on are Sakura Wars, which isn't rare since you can buy it from BB or the publisher directly (it's being clearanced out at BB), and Pikmin Wii, since I know it's long OOP and possibly hard to find, although I bought it for $6.41 at TRU during one of their "B1G1 40% off" sales. They canceled the other game in my order as well, made it awesome.

[quote name='Ltor']Sold. But in all seriousness where the hell am i gonna find a buyer for this?[/QUOTE]

eBay. You should easily be able to get $200 there if not the $300 they are actually worth (which you could get if you were willing to wait it out). I had no trouble selling my used copy for $30 a few months ago, I actually think it sold immediately after I listed it. There's a pretty big fanbase for Battle Realms, apparently.

Also, I was wrong about Myst. A new Myst Trilogy is worth anywhere from $40 - $60.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']What happened to the Metal Gear Subsistence Limited edition? That seems to have had a rather dramatic drop in price... I'm certainly not complaining since it allowed me to get a mint copy and guide for $60, just seems rather odd for it to drop like that, can you guys think of any factors that may have caused this?[/QUOTE]

Post holiday price deflation. Prices for games peak at the beginning of January and then fall dramatically throughout the remainder of the year until October when they begin to rise again.

Found a complete set of floppys for Kings Quest 5 today, any idea? Just curious, since I'll be heading back there in a wekk and may want to pick it up.

[quote name='GUNNM']Passed on threads of fate complete at goodwill googling now leads me to believe I should have gotten it.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I have never seen in in the wild.

How much do you think I would get for these games? They are all sealed new.
I am thinking of selling them.

Ico
Growlanser: Generations Deluxe
Growlanser: Heritage of War Limited Edition
Ar Tonelico 1
Ar Tonelico 2
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2 with Bonus Limited Edition Raiho Plushie
.hack GU trilogy
Xenosaga Trilogy
Tenchu Wrath of Heaven and Fatal Shadows
Suikoden III-V
Tales of the Abyss
Shadow Hearts Trilogy

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']How much do you think I would get for these games? They are all sealed new.
I am thinking of selling them.

Ico
Growlanser: Generations Deluxe
Growlanser: Heritage of War Limited Edition
Ar Tonelico 1
Ar Tonelico 2
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2 with Bonus Limited Edition Raiho Plushie
.hack GU trilogy
Xenosaga Trilogy
Tenchu Wrath of Heaven and Fatal Shadows
Suikoden III-V
Tales of the Abyss
Shadow Hearts Trilogy[/QUOTE]

Pretty good chunk.

Most ps2 games have seen a steady decline over the past year mainly cause the 360 and ps3 games have started to become more collectible. It also didn't help the fact that ps2 games are constantly getting reprinted so alot of collectors have lost a bit of interest in them in general. I know because I have the same games as you do and they're all sealed as well. It's not easy believe me..

But on the bright side, bundles have been kind of a blessing to me. a sealed hack gu bundle (3 games) would probably sell around $300-$350 of you're patient enough. the shadow hearts trilogy you have is probably worth around $200-$270 as a bundle. the xenosaga trilogy will probably be worth around $250-300. These are retail estimates but comparing to an auction setting you're looking at a plus an definitely minus situation.

[quote name='phear3d']Most ps2 games have seen a steady decline over the past year mainly cause the 360 and ps3 games have started to become more collectible. It also didn't help the fact that ps2 games are constantly getting reprinted so alot of collectors have lost a bit of interest in them in general. I know because I have the same games as you do and they're all sealed as well. It's not easy believe me..

But on the bright side, bundles have been kind of a blessing to me. a sealed hack gu bundle (3 games) would probably sell around $300-$350 of you're patient enough. the shadow hearts trilogy you have is probably worth around $200-$270 as a bundle. the xenosaga trilogy will probably be worth around $250-300. These are retail estimates but comparing to an auction setting you're looking at a plus an definitely minus situation.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if current gen games are going to get reprinted as well... I know the obvious answer is yes but I'm thinking that they're more likely to make them downloadable.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Vinny']I wonder if current gen games are going to get reprinted as well... I know the obvious answer is yes but I'm thinking that they're more likely to make them downloadable.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is going to be an issue anymore. I could easily be wrong, but lot of the playstation 2 reprints are done by an outside company. They used to post on here. Maybe they still do. Can't remember the name now (Gamequestdirect???) They then split money with the original company that made the game. That is how I understood it at least. Seems like a much more profitable venture to just allow downloads instead of reprinting at this point.

[quote name='schuerm26']I don't think it is going to be an issue anymore. I could easily be wrong, but lot of the playstation 2 reprints are done by an outside company. They used to post on here. Maybe they still do. Can't remember the name now (Gamequestdirect???) They then split money with the original company that made the game. That is how I understood it at least. Seems like a much more profitable venture to just allow downloads instead of reprinting at this point.[/QUOTE]

I completely forgot about GameQuestDirect.. they basically lied about their very first reprints (Persona 2 and Rhapsody) and said that they magically found a bunch of them. Then they did a couple of Atlus games... then Atlus decided to reprint their own games. They got a really bad rap on CAG (as they constantly lied about one thing or another) and even tried to suck up by saying they had new management and provided CAG with semi-decent deals for a short bit...

I know a few other games have been reprinted (namely Namco ones) but I'm not 100% sure GQD was responsible for those.

with too many games coming out lately, the only way is to move forward. if it happened that one or two games from Atlus have become scarce or hard to find, like for instance a sealed copy of knights in the nightmare for the ds, i really think they will focus more on what sells the most ie. Demon Souls or maybe even 3D Dot Hero. use the resources on other games and maybe creating and publishing other games instead of reprinting a game that people didnt really care about the first time around.

alot of the companies these days like Bioware for example, are releasing games with 1 specific sku at a time. its better to sell out of one sku and then sell the others later on. having way too many versions is a little overkill.

Why do you say you can get $350 for the Shadow Hearts Trilogy? I have never really seen them go for more then $20-$30 unsealed and $50 sealed individually so $350 is hella high.

I thought this thread was the "Is This Game Rare?", it derailed a long time ago. Somebody should make another thread called "I just found this game, how much do you think I can sell it for?"

[quote name='MSI Magus']Why do you say you can get $350 for the Shadow Hearts Trilogy? I have never really seen them go for more then $20-$30 unsealed and $50 sealed individually so $350 is hella high.[/QUOTE]
youre talking about an auction setting - im talking about buy it now/retail.

as a bundle you can get more for them. not very many people sell them as a bundle and not very many people have a sealed trilogy either. your market is far less than those looking for individual copies but your competition is less to none compared to those selling individual copies. sure you can get them for less, but it'll probaby take you 3 weeks or maybe even upto a month to get good deal. some people doesn't like to wait so use that to your advantage :)

a good example for this was final fantasy games for the ps1. you used to be able to get over $130 upto $200 for a complete set of final fantasy ps1 games. seling the other games (other than FF7 & FF Tactics) would probaby bring you closer to $6-$12 at the most. so bundling it with FF7 and Tactics will increase the value of the other games.

is White Water! for the intellivision rare? i bought a box of atari games and it was in there. By the way the atari box had 55 games in it and i got it for $16 :) at a flea market.

Hey everyone,

This seems like it would be the best place to ask this question. What game is to the left of Bubble Bobble in the picture. Its been driving me crazy for a little while now and I can't figure it out. I like to think I can probably tell 95% of NES games from just a blurry pic of the label or box but I have no idea and it is annoying me so much.

I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought this would probably be the best place for this.

Thanks

nes.jpg

[quote name='Dokstarr']Hey everyone,

This seems like it would be the best place to ask this question. What game is to the left of Bubble Bobble in the picture. Its been driving me crazy for a little while now and I can't figure it out. I like to think I can probably tell 95% of NES games from just a blurry pic of the label or box but I have no idea and it is annoying me so much.

I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought this would probably be the best place for this.

Thanks

nes.jpg
[/QUOTE]

NES_Kickle_Cubicle_Box.jpg

Is there a reason why a used copy of Call of Duty 4 Collector's Edition goes for so much? It wasn't exactly the greatest of CEs out there even when it came out.

[quote name='iPhone']Is there a reason why a used copy of Call of Duty 4 Collector's Edition goes for so much? It wasn't exactly the greatest of CEs out there even when it came out.[/QUOTE]

It was actually "limited" so there's not that many in the wild.

[quote name='phear3d']youre talking about an auction setting - im talking about buy it now/retail.

as a bundle you can get more for them. not very many people sell them as a bundle and not very many people have a sealed trilogy either. your market is far less than those looking for individual copies but your competition is less to none compared to those selling individual copies. sure you can get them for less, but it'll probaby take you 3 weeks or maybe even upto a month to get good deal. some people doesn't like to wait so use that to your advantage :)

a good example for this was final fantasy games for the ps1. you used to be able to get over $130 upto $200 for a complete set of final fantasy ps1 games. seling the other games (other than FF7 & FF Tactics) would probaby bring you closer to $6-$12 at the most. so bundling it with FF7 and Tactics will increase the value of the other games.[/QUOTE]

I think PS2 games are declining cause of PSN. It depends if someone is willing to pay that much.

[quote name='The Punisher']I think PS2 games are declining cause of PSN. It depends if someone is willing to pay that much.[/QUOTE]

You mean PS1, right?

Obviously not a game, but does anyone know if the Zombieland UMD is rare? There's only 4 or so on Amazon, and they sell for about $60.00, and even trade in for $17.00. Also couldn't find any completed auctions on eBay.

3dO. I couldn't find any on ebay through my phone. It is an Adults only game so Im not sure if it needs to be listed in the adult section on ebay and then I couldn't see if any were up through my phone.

list it for $60, it should sell right away. maybe even $80 since you have no competition. i usually take advantage of those situations :)

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I bought Call of Duty 4 for the Mac for $2 at a Flea market.

Is this any rare??[/QUOTE]

No but you can still sell it for a profit

I never knew Shantae GBC was rare. I saw lots of them at GS when they were clearancing them out. No wonder my GBC lot went up to $300 almost.

Not a game per se but anyone know anything about the value of a Pelican Real Arcade Universal stick? It can play on the PS2,GC and Xbox. Ebay doesn't seem to turn up much but I just want to know a good price I can set it at to sell (Found it at a pawn shop for 14)

I have Pokemon Red for the Gameboy still sealed. I saw that it's going for quite a bit on eBay and Amazon...rare or just inflated?

[quote name='Pck21']I have Pokemon Red for the Gameboy still sealed. I saw that it's going for quite a bit on eBay and Amazon...rare or just inflated?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hitokoei']Inflated. There's no such thing as a rare Pokemon game in the main series.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it's inflated... a sealed copy of a game that's over a decade old and as popular as Pokemon is pretty valuable. Probably worth $100, at least.

[quote name='Hitokoei']Inflated. There's no such thing as a rare Pokemon game in the main series.[/QUOTE]

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire for the GameCube is pretty rare.

I sold a used copy that I picked up from GoodWill for $150.

[quote name='postaboy']Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire for the GameCube is pretty rare.

I sold a used copy that I picked up from GoodWill for $150.[/QUOTE]
Do you mean Pokemon Box because Ruby and Sapphire were never released for the gamecube?

[quote name='phear3d']list it for $60, it should sell right away. maybe even $80 since you have no competition. i usually take advantage of those situations :)[/QUOTE]

You people are crazy to think something like that is going to "sell right away" at such a price point. Because the market for erotic 3do games is so hot right now.

And everyone knows about the price gouging BINs that sit there and sit there. Most people ignore them. But if you'd rather loose money on it getting eaten up in listing fees, then yeah go ahead.

[quote name='warmsignal']You people are crazy to think something like that is going to "sell right away" at such a price point. Because the market for erotic 3do games is so hot right now.

And everyone knows about the price gouging BINs that sit there and sit there. Most people ignore them. But if you'd rather loose money on it getting eaten up in listing fees, then yeah go ahead.[/QUOTE]

I put it up for $40 and it sold during the initial 7 day auction. I paid $2 so im happy with the $40.

bread's done
Back