The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='shinn']trapt for ps2, and animal crossing wild world with the memory card, are those rare?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call them rare, but uncommon. Think they were both already discussed in the thread. If you have Trapt complete, I'd be interested =P

Dead Rising :360: original print in good condition.

Rare? Not really. Uncommon? Yes. It will eventually be really hard to find. It sold many more platinum hits copies than original print and remains a popular title.

I'm getting annoyed at the fact that I can't find one anywhere offline.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']I found a copy of Unlimted Saga Limited Edition for the PSX at half price books. Its a japanese import and can only be played on moddifed or japanese systems. Its got the box and everything. Anyone have an clue if thats a worthy pickup for $100 bucks? I can seem to find anything about it. http://www.ecrater.co.uk/p/3761481/unlimited-saga-limited-edition-game-with#[/QUOTE]

If you can't find anything about it and it is $100, my guess would be leave it the hell alone. That is really expensive for a video game. There aren't many that go over that (especially since it is fairly recent being a PS2 and an import) so you are playing with fire. Could be wrong about this one though.

[quote name='mvega']Brand new sealed Phantasy Star for the Sega Master System.[/QUOTE]

Definitely rare... but the series is fairly unknown. The Phantasy Star Online games helped spread the name but barely anyone played those. I wouldn't think it would sell for more than $100-150 but if Sega decides to release a PSO game now, it will likely skyrocket in value since MMOs are very popular these days.

[quote name='snowmint']Scored a goku Quest V at GS. Now what to do with it.[/QUOTE]

retire. you clearly dont need to work anymore. you won at life

[quote name='Blank Earth']I heard about a Mega Man X Collection reprint, the Anniversary Collection was reprinted too?[/QUOTE]

Oh wait, it was X. No idea about Anniversary.

Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time.

It's probably in the top 10 for hard-to-find DS games, complete of course. I was shocked to walk into Toys R Us and see a bunch of brand new copies, they did an exclusive reprint. So I paid under the inflated price for a brand new one!

[quote name='Rollobobo']Hey relax yourself there chief....I checked amazon and ebay and saw the prices. Was wondering CAGs opinion on the subject. Not your smart ass remark. Calm down.[/QUOTE]

I would guess that CAGs would think that it's worth about $28 on amazon. That's what this CAG thinks.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Is the Pokemon Coliseum Bonus Disc worth anything? I got this a while back and its been sitting in my closet. I would love to get rid of it.

This is what it looks like.

http://www.okauctions.info/PB070219.JPG[/QUOTE]
i sold it both with the actual game for $60 almost 2 years ago. but they do tend to sit forever though.

[quote name='phear3d']i sold it both with the actual game for $60 almost 2 years ago. but they do tend to sit forever though.[/QUOTE]

I really figured it was worthless unless some Pokemon collector was looking for it. I honestly don't even know where it came from. I used to sell a lot on eBAY, but there's way too many scammers. Maybe I'll see if anyone here wants it. Thanks for the insight . Appreciate it.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Hey relax yourself there chief....I checked amazon and ebay and saw the prices. Was wondering CAGs opinion on the subject. Not your smart ass remark. Calm down.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to sound rude but is it really an "opinion" when you're looking right at the prices? I mean, you can't say "they sell for $30 so in my opinion it's worth a thousand dollars."

An opened god of war 2 special edition for playstation 2? I don't have the shirt that came with it anymore though :(

Action Replay Max (older version) for the GameCube is pretty rare.

Found a copy of a AR Max w/ card and manual for $1.99 at GoodWill. A month later, I had it listed on eBay as an auction for 7 days for .99 cent and it ended up going for $70 with over 22 bids. Three days later, another seller, who probably seen my auction, listed his with a BIN for $125 and it was sold within 2 days for that amount. If I had known the value of it, I would have kept it or listed it at $120+.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Star Wars TFU Sith Edition still worth going after? Found a copy for 360 for $20. Left it alone to research, but it kind of varies on auction, so I'm kinda like... meh

[quote name='nnthomas']Is Star Wars TFU Sith Edition still worth going after? Found a copy for 360 for $20. Left it alone to research, but it kind of varies on auction, so I'm kinda like... meh[/QUOTE]

If u are a collector and like star wars. The USB is cool, but get a real USB like Sandisk.

NCAA BAsketball 10(xbox 360)

GS is giving $25 trade in credit for it if it goes towards LA Noire. I started searching on Amazon & ebay and the prices start at around $30 used. You can sell it on Glyde for $67!!!

I got this from ebay last year for under $11 shipped. Is this maybe due to it being the last licensed one made?

[quote name='emeraldgsl']NCAA BAsketball 10(xbox 360)

GS is giving $25 trade in credit for it if it goes towards LA Noire. I started searching on Amazon & ebay and the prices start at around $30 used. You can sell it on Glyde for $67!!!

I got this from ebay last year for under $11 shipped. Is this maybe due to it being the last licensed one made?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

The cheapest 2k8 Hoops on Amazon is $24 for the 360. That is the last version of that series. That is high though I think. I sold mine for $15 a couple weeks ago. People will probably slowly bring that price back down.

For PS3 it is $47 on Amazon.

[quote name='The Punisher']If u are a collector and like star wars. The USB is cool, but get a real USB like Sandisk.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up cause I wanted to give it a try anyway.

IMAG3077.jpg

Picked this up at Half Price Books today.

Okay, a little harder one.

I picked up some CD-i games.

All three Zelda games, Mario Hotel, and the one I can't figure out it Zelda's Adventure the Demo?

What is the not for resale version of that game worth or how rare is it? Also any background info. Couldn't really find much on google.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Okay, a little harder one.

I picked up some CD-i games.

All three Zelda games, Mario Hotel, and the one I can't figure out it Zelda's Adventure the Demo?

What is the not for resale version of that game worth or how rare is it? Also any background info. Couldn't really find much on google.[/QUOTE]

I'd normally say that "not for resale" items don't get any premium on re-sale values even though they are rarer than UPC'd versions. But since the items are so old and already obscure, they're potentially worth more. I'm guessing the games were bundled with the system so if you've got the system's box, it would be a very rare and valuable set.

Found a sealed 'Call of Cthulu: Dark corners of the Earth" in the back of a Walmart. It was tagged $40.

I know the game is a rarer Xbox game but is $40 an acceptable price?

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']I have one of the signed Devil May Cry 4 Collectors Editions that were only limited to 200 copies. Anyone know how much its worth? Its the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]
You got one of those "golden ticket" versions? I'd say that's pretty rare, I couldn't give you a solid figure, but I'd say to hang on to it.

As for the guy who asked about Cthlhu, I'd say that's about the right price for the game sealed (after a bit of research).

Does it ring up as $40? It's a very old game, they could have cleared it out a long time ago and this one might have slipped through or something. If it's like $20, I'd say do it.

As for the guy who asked about Cthlhu, I'd say that's about the right price for the game sealed (after a bit of research).

Does it ring up as $40? It's a very old game, they could have cleared it out a long time ago and this one might have slipped through or something. If it's like $20, I'd say do it.

Yea, I rang up some Xbox games and they were $5, but Cthulhu still rang up $40.

I have a couple games in my collection that I've always wondered if they are rare at all or not, guess I'll ask here.

Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
Gex: Enter the Gecko
Gex 3
Bloody Roar 1 & 2
Pocket Fighter
Tekken
Mischief Makers
Blast Corps
Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2
Spiderman & Venom: Maximum Carnage
TMNT: Tournament Fighters
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Super Mario All Stars/Super Mario World
Dragon Ball Final Bout (JP Version)

I have a few more I'd like to ask about but I'll save them for another time. These were just some I have no idea the value of and was wanting CAG's opinion. Thank you so much guys.

I was always curious why Conker Live & Reloaded was rare.

It's like $50 on eBay - I think my copy is still sealed o_O

[quote name='Lugi']I was always curious why Conker Live & Reloaded was rare.

It's like $50 on eBay - I think my copy is still sealed o_O[/QUOTE]

It was released towards the end of the original Xbox's console life and it didn't exactly sell very well originally.

Hmmm... kinda like the original on N64. Oddly enough they both became some of the most desired games for their respective systems years later.

[quote name='SativaSam']I have a couple games in my collection that I've always wondered if they are rare at all or not, guess I'll ask here.

Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
Gex: Enter the Gecko
Gex 3
Bloody Roar 1 & 2
Pocket Fighter
Tekken
Mischief Makers
Blast Corps
Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2
Spiderman & Venom: Maximum Carnage
TMNT: Tournament Fighters
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Super Mario All Stars/Super Mario World
Dragon Ball Final Bout (JP Version)

I have a few more I'd like to ask about but I'll save them for another time. These were just some I have no idea the value of and was wanting CAG's opinion. Thank you so much guys.[/QUOTE]
VR Missions isn't rare at all, and Turtles in Time isn't exactly rare, but you can fetch $15-$20 for it, Pokemon Stadium 2 will net you the same. Don't know about the rest.

bread's done
Back