the king of fighter thread 3: dream match never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][image]http://neuropod.net/SDB/sheets/Capcom/Other/AkumaNXC.gif[/image]

something for VGM to get his Akuma fix... ripped from Namco X Capcom[/QUOTE]

Pretty cool. Is Dan in that game?

well here are the characters i use:
CvS2:yamazaki, athena, bison, iori
MvC2:magneto, sentinel, jill, iron man
SF3:ken, makoto, Q, hugo
Tekken 5:steve fox,
SC2: nightmare, raphael, mitsurugi

[quote name='Apossum']but s/he has boobs[/QUOTE]

ever heard of surgery?

danken.gif

[quote name='Apossum']but s/he has boobs[/QUOTE]

as long as "it" has boobs it's a woman right?

Characters I use:

Tekken 5 - Ganryu, Christie, King
Tekken Tag Tournament - True Ogre/Ogre, King/Armor King
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - Lion
Soul Calibur II - Cervantes, Yoshimitsu, Ivy
Super Street Fighter II Turbo - N-Chun Li
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Chun Li-SA II
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Marth
Mortal Kombat Deception - Bo Rai Cho, Noob-Smoke

[quote name='gigan54']to continue where the previous thread left off.

because everyone knows that athena is bad ass[/QUOTE]

Wow! I'm gone for awhile and looky at what I see! :drool:

I need to improve my skills with Athena on CvS2. I like the character though.

Anyone getting KOF 2002/2003 for Xbox when it comes out? I can't wait to try it on Live.

[quote name='2poor']as long as "it" has boobs it's a woman right?[/QUOTE]

yeah, pretty much. ;-)

hmm... go ahead, but it's going to pull away from this thread... just do it here... and without even looking it up I already know that that pic of athena was done by falcoon. no mistaking his style.

THE best CG art team has to be the guys who do stuff for the Tekken series. Superb stuff there.

One of my favorite styles (I want to find out who this artist is) is the art from the story sequences of Tekken 4. The same artist is doing all the story and character art for Soul Calibur III. If anyone can find the name of this artist, I would be greatful. He/she has such a great sketch style and rough almost watercolor look to everything.

oh.. another is... ahh... whatever...

yeah Tekken 5 is easily one of the best looking games out right now. except in the PS2 version, Asukas face looks a little odd.

The music isn't half bad either, which is usually my biggest complaint about fighting games-- too much cheesy music. I get genuinely pumped by some of the songs.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']hmm... go ahead, but it's going to pull away from this thread... just do it here... and without even looking it up I already know that that pic of athena was done by falcoon. no mistaking his style.

THE best CG art team has to be the guys who do stuff for the Tekken series. Superb stuff there.

One of my favorite styles (I want to find out who this artist is) is the art from the story sequences of Tekken 4. The same artist is doing all the story and character art for Soul Calibur III. If anyone can find the name of this artist, I would be greatful. He/she has such a great sketch style and rough almost watercolor look to everything.

oh.. another is... ahh... whatever...[/QUOTE]

I would say Team Robot does the best CG work (they did the intro movie to Onimusha 3), but Tekken has the best CG for a fighting game.

[quote name='2poor']does anybody else find the rap song from SF3:TS really crappy?[/QUOTE]

yea I still like the soundtrack though including Yun and Yangs stage, ryus and a few others.

people I use btw...

Tekken 5: Lei, Law, Feng damn namco ever since Tekken 3, TTT Lei was toned down like hell not to mention his razor rush and free juggle of DRG+1

SF3 strike: Shotos, Remy, Ibuki

VF4 EVO: Lau, Jacky, Goh

is sakura considered a shoto? how about Demitri ;-)

SF3 has some great stage music. I like a good techno track in a fighting game, and the jazzy techno in SF3 is kinda catchy.

[quote name='Apossum']is sakura considered a shoto? how about Demitri ;-)

SF3 has some great stage music. I like a good techno track in a fighting game, and the jazzy techno in SF3 is kinda catchy.[/QUOTE]

yea you know the basic fireball, uppercuts and the hurricane kick motion. While Charlie and guile are considered shotos but with charged motions.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']yea you know the basic fireball, uppercuts and the hurricane kick motion. While Charlie and guile are considered shotos but with charged motions.[/QUOTE]

no way in hell are charlie and guile shotos.

[quote name='The VGM']Nope, I don't "contriobute" to anything productive. Do us a favo and go back to lurking.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you got me! I didn't run the spell check, guess that means I'm an imbecile! I'll do you a "favo" and try to be as obnoxious as you are!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
AkumaNXC.gif

something for VGM to get his Akuma fix... ripped from Namco X Capcom[/QUOTE]

I thought this game was a 3D RPG? How are there these pics of Akuma in the game? Is it worth importing?

[quote name='weaponx666']I thought this game was a 3D RPG? How are there these pics of Akuma in the game? Is it worth importing?[/QUOTE]

i'ts more of a strategy rpg from what i've seen (like fire emblem, advance wars, FFT. etc.) only fights are sorta like a mini game. sort of like zells overdrive in FF8, only faster. at least that's what it looked like to me.

[quote name='Odenat']Charger charecter like hold back then press foward so I guess your "charging" when your holding back[/QUOTE]

:lol: I was talking about Charlie and Guile being shotos.

I have to agree with you apossum. Tekken 5 is the only fighting game I have ever played where the music actually pumps me up for the fight. Overall, the music gives Tekken 5 more than it needs, which is great! I loved the music so much I even downloaded the whole soundtrack. It seems ever since Namco got a hit with Katamari Damacy's music, they've been making alot better game music for each of their in-house games.

Yes, the SFIII rap is creepy. I start the game up to play and then this weird announcer rapper guy comes on and for some reason it makes me feel dirty. The game is great, but that guy just gives me the willys.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yes, the SFIII rap is creepy. I start the game up to play and then this weird announcer rapper guy comes on and for some reason it makes me feel dirty. The game is great, but that guy just gives me the willys.[/QUOTE]
Me too. For some reason I feel uncomfortable while playing this game, for the exact same reason. Weird eh?

[quote name='weaponx666']Oh, you got me! I didn't run the spell check, guess that means I'm an imbecile! I'll do you a "favo" and try to be as obnoxious as you are![/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah, I misspelled a word too. You should just stop trying, I mean it took you like 5 pages to reply.

[quote name='2poor']does anybody else find the rap song from SF3:TS really crappy?[/QUOTE]

I think it sucks balls.

Thanks for the gifs Rolento

dan_mini4.gif

never have I seen such a huge fan of Dan. IMO he sucks, a joke character! the fruity pink costume, one hand fireballs that are only good at close range, semi-hurricane kicks? a counter gem which sends all red blocks to your opponent, use-less taunts lets see what other usesless ideas or special moves will he get in upcoming fighters? :lol:

[quote name='CaoPi']never have I seen such a huge fan of Dan. IMO he sucks, a joke character! the fruity pink costume, one hand fireballs that are only good at close range, semi-hurricane kicks? a counter gem which sends all red blocks to your opponent, use-less taunts lets see what other usesless ideas or special moves will he get in upcoming fighters? :lol:[/QUOTE]

you forgot his version oh the shao-kohoken(sp?) from svc: chaos... as well as the heaven blast punch. haha dan's the shit!

[quote name='CaoPi']never have I seen such a huge fan of Dan. IMO he sucks, a joke character! the fruity pink costume, one hand fireballs that are only good at close range, semi-hurricane kicks? a counter gem which sends all red blocks to your opponent, use-less taunts lets see what other usesless ideas or special moves will he get in upcoming fighters? :lol:[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with pink? Personally I think you're just mad because Dan uses the strongest fighting style ever, and you lose to him all the time. Buck up.

All of those complaints are the reasons why he's so awesome.

He can actually be used effectively if played right. I used him (and Genjuro) more than anyone during my brief stint with SvC Chaos on Xbox Live.

ok so everyone knows a cag tourney is the next step for this thread. the question is, what game should we start off with?

i was thinking the tourneys should start with street fighter 2.

maybe we could make it a monthly or bi-weekly thing, giving everyone enough time to fit a match into their schedules. also i believe the matches should be best 3 out of 5.

well that's my idea anyway. are you guys interested? suggestions of any kind would be appreciated.

[quote name='gigan54']ok so everyone knows a cag tourney is the next step for this thread. the question is, what game should we start off with?

i was thinking the tourneys should start with street fighter 2.

maybe we could make it a monthly or bi-weekly thing, giving everyone enough time to fit a match into their schedules. also i believe the matches should be best 3 out of 5.

well that's my idea anyway. are you guys interested? suggestions of any kind would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Seconded (I'd prefer CE, but whichever is fine). I'm on right now actually.

[quote name='gigan54']i know vgm will get a kick out of this read.(it's a bit long though)
http://grblitz.overclocked.org/dan.htm[/QUOTE]

I read most of it. I love his quote from Alpha 2 (see my sig).

I was playing with him in SFA a couple of days ago and while his look and sounds were half assed, he was pretty strong.

Oh and if you guys are talking about an Xbox Live tourney, :puke:

[quote name='The VGM']I read most of it. I love his quote from Alpha 2 (see my sig).

I was playing with him in SFA a couple of days ago and while his look and sounds were half assed, he was pretty strong.

Oh and if you guys are talking about an Xbox Live tourney, :puke:[/QUOTE]
Dan in Alpha 1 is surprisingly good. Definately his strongest iteration in terms of strength.

[quote name='evilmax17']Dan in Alpha 1 is surprisingly good. Definately his strongest iteration in terms of strength.[/QUOTE]

It's funny to hear him using Ryu's voice when doing an uppercut. All you can! (pretty sure that's what he says)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I vote for starting with SFA3, as alot of people have a well rounded experience with that game.[/QUOTE]

on what? Mame?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I vote for starting with SFA3, as alot of people have a well rounded experience with that game.[/QUOTE]

sounds good to me
oh and evilmax, ggs man :)

okay so if you want to join CAG's first EVAR!!1! SFA3 tourney, just dorp me off a pm by say friday night around about 9P.M. EST? that wayi can tally up the contestants and set up the brackets and what not.
may the best fighter win :D

and yes vgm i think it should be on mame.

[quote name='gigan54']sounds good to me
oh and evilmax, ggs man :)

okay so if you want to join CAG's first EVAR!!1! SFA3 tourney, just dorp me off a pm by say friday night around about 9P.M. EST? that wayi can tally up the contestants and set up the brackets and what not.
may the best fighter win :D

and yes vgm i think it should be on mame.[/QUOTE]

Do I even have to PM you? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back