the king of fighter thread 3: dream match never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about a tournament...I was going to wait a few days to train more before I brought it up :p I'm all about it though. I'm up for SF2--which version? Seems like Super Turbo is the way to go and I definitely agree about 3 out of 5.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yes, the SFIII rap is creepy. I start the game up to play and then this weird announcer rapper guy comes on and for some reason it makes me feel dirty. The game is great, but that guy just gives me the willys. [/quote]

yeah, just some tasteful music and designs would've been sufficient, since the name of the game precedes its self more than almost any game on the planet. I didn't didn't want to hear the SF edition of the Superbowl Shuffle :lol:

[quote name='evilmax17']Make sure to specify which version of SFA3 too, so everyone can be ready. 9##### or whatever.[/QUOTE]

oops thanks fro the reminder.
everyone should use this verison:
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (US 980629)

i think ther is only one...

if I am lucky, (and someone can post me a link as well as tutorial for getting online with mame 32), I can probably get some sparring done on sunday, monda, and/or tuesday.

rolento I read on a faq that 56k can work on Kaillera! Try it out, see what happens.

Edit: I can't tell the difference between the 2 alpha 3s. I'd assume 980904 is the more up to date and balanced version, no facts to back that up though

i would if there were more companies than road runner offering broadband where i live. they charge $50 a month in my location!

[quote name='2poor']i would if there were more companies than road runner offering broadband where i live. they charge $50 a month in my location![/QUOTE]

and he's.......*drum roll please*...............2poor! *badum ching!*

okay, I'm hopping on kaillera now

[quote name='Apossum']and he's.......*drum roll please*...............2poor! *badum ching!*

okay, I'm hopping on kaillera now[/QUOTE]

just because im poor doesnt mean i dont have feelings. :cry:

;-)

I'll think I'll be using guy for the tourney, at least in Alpha 3.

just because im poor doesnt mean i dont have feelings.

what? poor people don't have feelings! they're just good for trying out experimental drugs on and for stealing their kidneys to sell on the black market.

;-) j.k. i'm poor too, mooching the broadband off the folks.

btw, good steve fox users know *exactly* the right time to do that jumping foot stomp move-- then follow up with a ridiculous juggle. :bomb:

[quote name='2poor']you're good at tekken right? how would you play as a good steve fox?[/QUOTE]

all Steve needs is flicker stance, aside from version 5.1 steves infinite!
[3],1,1 [3],1,1,df+2,b+1,b~flk1,f+2,1~b,flk1,alb 2

[quote name='Mishimaryu']all Steve needs is flicker stance, aside from version 5.1 steves infinite!
[3],1,1 [3],1,1,df+2,b+1,b~flk1,f+2,1~b,flk1,alb 2[/QUOTE]

version 5.1?

yup certain characters had too many advantage (Nina,Bryan,Steve) while others were too weak in the game so namco made different versions changing characters attributes for ex:

Bryan Fury
- b+1 does not launch on normal hit.
+ CH WS+3 stun can not be escaped.
+/- 1+3+4 taunt and f,b+2 punch remain the same.
- f,f+2 has more delay.
- 1,2,4 has more delay.
- 1,2,1, d/f+3 catch no longer works.

Steve Fox
- d/f+2 does not launch.
- Infinites are gone.
- CH ALB 2 does not stun.
- b+1~B FLK b_f+2 is gone.
- CH 1,2,1,2, and 2,1,2 no longer launch.
- 1,2,1 and 2,1 into FLK~ALB is gone.
- Juggles after d/f+1+2 hits close are no longer possible.

wait what's CH mean again? i know flk is flicker and alb is the spin.
edit:damn all they did with steve was take anything he had worth while out. and d/f+2 is his major launcher isn't it? what other ones does he have?

f,f+2 is a stun similar to his old 5.0 3+4,2 on CH. Basically they're stunned and additional hits will pick them up in the air.

Also to everyone that inquired about a Hori Real Arcade Pro stick, you can purchase them here. This is the official VGO/EVO2005 store... The prices aren't too bad but they are way better than every other site... check it out.

http://www.vgonetwork.com

[quote name='gigan54']also keep in mind that we'll be using mame32K v.0.64 to play in the tournament[/QUOTE] For anyone having trouble finding this, go to www.DarkTemplarz.com ... and click the "downloads" link. Listen to Gigan because it really is essential that everyone playing uses the same version (and 0.64 is the most widely accepted/best version on the Kaillera servers).

Also I just want to remind everyone that Kaillera supports 4 people at a time in all games. So two people can watch and chat while the other two are actually fighting. Pressing F5 swaps controls between the players, so you can alternate when someone loses.

[quote name='BustaUppa']For anyone having trouble finding this, go to www.DarkTemplarz.com ... and click the "downloads" link. Listen to Gigan because it really is essential that everyone playing uses the same version (and 0.64 is the most widely accepted/best version on the Kaillera servers).

Also I just want to remind everyone that Kaillera supports 4 people at a time in all games. So two people can watch and chat while the other two are actually fighting. Pressing F5 swaps controls between the players, so you can alternate when someone loses.[/QUOTE]

this also will lead to some interesting vs. series tag mathches ;)

Well there actually is a hacked MvC with full 4-player support. For the other games, I suppose you could improvise it by having the host mash F5 every time someone does a tag... heh heh everyone would really have to cooperate for that one :D

It's really fun having four people in, the non-players can be sort of like commentators for a wrestling match. Plenty of potential for some good-natured pissing off... I can imagine all the snide comments VGM would make in between matches. :p

[quote name='The VGM']Yeah yeah, I misspelled a word too. You should just stop trying, I mean it took you like 5 pages to reply.[/QUOTE]

I don't sit at the PC all day checking this thread. Once a day for me. Another 5 page later reply. Sorry!

[quote name='BustaUppa']Well there actually is a hacked MvC with full 4-player support. For the other games, I suppose you could improvise it by having the host mash F5 every time someone does a tag... heh heh everyone would really have to cooperate for that one :D

It's really fun having four people in, the non-players can be sort of like commentators for a wrestling match. Plenty of potential for some good-natured pissing off... I can imagine all the snide comments VGM would make in between matches. :p[/QUOTE]

He'd save it for this thread and post that he kicked all of our asses with Dan :p

just a reminder that registration ends tonight. so if you're interested in some street fighter alpha 3 action, send me a PM

(i'm surprised rodimus hasn't said anything yet)

I would love to get in on some action, but my situation ATM is too iffy...

I just played a few full hours of fighting with a friend of mine... no offense to him, he is decent, but absolutly no competition there. I am runnign out of good sparring partners. ... I played Tekken 5, Project Justice, Rival Schools, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and he onyl beat me 2 times out of 50... and those two times I was being nice. sucks...

looks like it's going to be a small tourney. i have 4 contestants and they are:

a. thevgm
b. evilmax17
c. gigan54
d. apossum

i think the order that they're in should be alright.

so three wins moves you up to the championship bout. then another 3 wins makes you CAG's sfa3 champion. good luck to all the participants.

if you guys want to do this in one long battle, then decide on a date/ time and we'll get it started. ( i won't be online tonight for a good hour or two)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I would love to get in on some action, but my situation ATM is too iffy...

I just played a few full hours of fighting with a friend of mine... no offense to him, he is decent, but absolutly no competition there. I am runnign out of good sparring partners. ... I played Tekken 5, Project Justice, Rival Schools, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and he onyl beat me 2 times out of 50... and those two times I was being nice. sucks...[/QUOTE]

That reminds me, we gotta get together, I'm off on Wedensdays and Thursdays, let me know what's good for you. I've been tinkering around with Tekken 5, but ever since all my data got erased I lost motivation to train. Have you unocked all the costume and stuff? I remember you saying that you leveled up everyone to Tekken Lords which is impressive.

On the weekends I bring my PS2 to work and on our off time we play some Tekken 5. They're all very bad, so to make it even they put their handicap up to 150% and I drop mine to 50%. That might help give you more of a challange with your friend Rolento.

Appossum - What's the drink of choice today?

well, it's only 12:30 here, so I'm not drinking yet, but last night it was goose island honkers ale and some cabernet sauvignon from argentina. needless to say, I've got a killer headache right now...beer and wine make for a killer hangover :bomb:

yeah... rodimus we do need to get together for some games. Two problems: I don't drive (I can, i'm friggin 20, but I don't own a car... use public trans) and school starts not this monday, but the next.... though, I do have thursdays free, depending if I get a job at my campus' computer lab (where I get paid to surf the net all day), I may not have thursday free... college sucks, but it's sure as hell better than alot of other things.

good point about the handicaps... the problem is, is that he would most likely get pissed at me for using handicaps. Though I may be wrong.

heh, I have a friend who gets pissed at handicaps. I was playing Deception with him and went about 15-0 at 30% energy with Mileena. Of course, that game is as broken as they come.

Well finally my pc is fixed (for the moment) and I see all the retarded things that were talked about while I was gone. Very sad.

[quote name='The VGM']Well finally my pc is fixed (for the moment) and I see all the retarded things that were talked about while I was gone. Very sad.[/QUOTE]

Not as retarded and un-important as your PC.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Not as retarded and un-important as your PC.[/QUOTE]

How is my pc retarded? And when did I mention un-important?

Go play some Tekken 5 you tool.

:rofl: see... this kind of banter is why I keep coming back to this thread :)

and not to piss you off, but seeing as how capcom keeps rehashing almost everything they've done with fighters, i think that's a little more ledgible for being a tool. not trying to poke at you, just trying to point out something.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:rofl: see... this kind of banter is why I keep coming back to this thread :)

and not to piss you off, but seeing as how capcom keeps rehashing almost everything they've done with fighters, i think that's a little more ledgible for being a tool. not trying to poke at you, just trying to point out something.[/QUOTE]

Can you blame them? Their shit is quality. I want an Alpha collection for PS2 NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back