the king of fighter thread 3: dream match never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I'm sorry my eyes can't focus on the screen so I couldn't read your last post. But whatever you wrote probbly wasn't that important, we can both agree on that.

VGM - You like SVC Chaos? I thought that would be the first SNK game for you to bash. Just cause it's got Dan you like it right?[/QUOTE]

Very funny dickweed.

No, I don't like it just because of Dan. Dan looks retarded in that game. Almost as bad as SFA1.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I guess you just like broken games huh?[/QUOTE]

This means nothing to me, you nerdy bastard.

Dan isn't bad, but VGMs love for him seems......... more than platonic :lol:

i have to agree with GuilewasNK about that SNK has kept it alive... though 3d fighters have kept the genre alive also, but only a small part of keeping the 2d games alive. Too many companys are going into the 3d realm of gaming IMO. Gamer's are already asking for more 2d games, and all most devs do is pump out 3d stuff... oh well. :(

[quote name='GuilewasNK'] It's still hard to believe that Capcom hasn't released any of the Alpha series as a collection for play over Live.[/QUOTE]

Capcom needs to have *some* games stashed away for a rainy day, or if a big name game flops hard and they need some quick cash.

Capcom is whoring out Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the 5th time I think, on PSP, so there is something to look forward to. Luckily this version is SFA 3 Upper or whatever it was called, the one on GBA that features Eagle, Maki, and Yun, and it will run on a portable that can handle it.

I don't care how good SFA 3 is on the PSP-- it's impossible to play a fighter for more than 20 minutes at a time on one without your hands cramping up. the D-pad is complete shite for fighters.

Hopefully they do something big in the way of a collection. Darkstalkers and SFA series need to be in an american collection. I loved Chaos Tower, but like I said, playing a fighter on a psp is like begging for early onset arthritis.

[quote name='Apossum']I don't care how good SFA 3 is on the PSP-- it's impossible to play a fighter for more than 20 minutes at a time on one without your hands cramping up. the D-pad is complete shite for fighters.

Hopefully they do something big in the way of a collection. Darkstalkers and SFA series need to be in an american collection. I loved Chaos Tower, but like I said, playing a fighter on a psp is like begging for early onset arthritis.[/QUOTE]

I've played Chaos Tower for hours and have never had a problem, it's probably my most played game on the PSP (which is kind of sad, when you think about it).

[quote name='Socheata']I'm glad I have VGM on my ignore list. He does nothing but insult other users and games in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Rofl, like you ever post in here.

[quote name='The VGM']Rofl, like you ever post in here.[/QUOTE]

he used to.

Purple Flames you mentioned someone making you a stick. Where can I get one made? A Dan stick would be sweet.

[quote name='2poor']people make them at shoryuken.com. you just gotta ask.[/QUOTE]

Them shits cost a lot huh

[quote name='2poor']yeah i think its $150+, but supposedly theyre really good quality.[/QUOTE]

them shits better have cords for PS2, DC, Xbox and PC.

youre better off getting a RAP. theyre really good quality and you can find them for under $100.

[quote name='2poor']youre better off getting a RAP. theyre really good quality and you can find them for under $100.[/QUOTE]

?

[quote name='The VGM']Actually I did just play it and it's not bad. It's nice to play a game where Terry doesn't suck.

I'm tired of fighters making the black guy the most retarded guy though. Butt? :roll:

EDIT: Ok I'm sorry Flava, this game does indeed kick ass. The rest of the FF's blow ass though.[/QUOTE]

No problem, I do have to agree with you that the First Fatal Fury was a pile of dog crap when compared to Street Fighter 2 at the time. Actually SNK games weren't enjoyable until they started stealing talent from Capcom in the mid 90's.

On a side note, has anyone here played the game "The Rumble Fish" yet. I've been curious if it's any good.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/597/597619p1.html

Just in case anyone forgot, Tekken 5 is $27.77 this week at target. This is good news for the guy in this thread who felt bad because Tekken 5 would take forever to go on sale :D.

I have never been a huge Tekken fan but I am seriously thinking of jumping on this one. I did always enjoy playing through and unlocking people in 3 and 4 and I have heard really good things about the new one. This sale may be a good enough motivation for me.

[quote name='MadFlava']No problem, I do have to agree with you that the First Fatal Fury was a pile of dog crap when compared to Street Fighter 2 at the time. Actually SNK games weren't enjoyable until they started stealing talent from Capcom in the mid 90's.

On a side note, has anyone here played the game "The Rumble Fish" yet. I've been curious if it's any good.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/597/597619p1.html[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised I haven't heard anything on Rumble Fish coming to the states. I played Rumble Fish 2 in the arcades and it just came out for PS2 in Japan a couple months ago. Alot of intresting characters, cool looking moves, and in plays great. I'd recomend it to any 2D fighter fan. Sometimes it looks alittle wierd cause it's not exactly 2D, but then again it's not 3D, you just have to see video of it to understand.

I love Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, but the combos were limited with strings already set out for each character, this could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. However SNK still hasn't animated Terry's Triple Power Geyser better than in Real Bout Special. The overall animation quality isn't any better than Alpha 3, but it's no worse. I think SNK were the first to include DMs or Super Combos (whatever you call them.) The original Fatal Fury's had gameplay problems, but the moves and characters I think were more unique than Capcom's efforts, except Axel Hawk he sucked.

I doubt rumble fish will be heading over here, due to what seems to be lack of popularity in japan... though I may be wrong (going out on a whim). If it came to the states, I would definitly pick it up, as I really like it when new fighting series are created/released. I've pretty much exausted my resources of good fighters on consoles, as well as MAME/NEORAGEX, and need to get some new flavor of fighting.

[quote name='Socheata']I'm glad I have VGM on my ignore list. He does nothing but insult other users and games in this thread.[/QUOTE]

amen for that one

I got to play 5.1 this wk at my arcade seems like more Tekken players are coming back for more. As others don't have a clue about the 5.1 version. They finally set it to a 6 round match.. :lol:

any input about your experience with 5.1? I am mainly concerned with character changes... but post anything you want, even if it's just "The guy I played against was a transvestite vampire holding a wine glass filled with acid while whistling the tune to the opening of Late Night with Conan O'brian."

it was nice to see the same tekken crowd back at the arcades again. Didn't see anyone use steve or nina though. I was trying out paul although zaibatsu says his D+4,2,1+2 is as hard as tekken 4 now it steels feels like regular TEkken 5 to me. Tried out Feng also his b+1 is not as good anymore, d/b+3 doesn't mop them to the floor on CH.

Rolento - You're getting Fighting Vipers 2? I got it (probably from the same place you did) but it's not very fun. It plays exactly like FV 1 with I think with 2 new characters. After being exposed to VF4 and Tekken 5 you'll quickly put this one down.

[quote name='MadFlava']No problem, I do have to agree with you that the First Fatal Fury was a pile of dog crap when compared to Street Fighter 2 at the time. Actually SNK games weren't enjoyable until they started stealing talent from Capcom in the mid 90's.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/597/597619p1.html[/QUOTE]

:lol: Speaking of old SNK games, I remember I used to play World Heroes all the time. Janne was my fave. Rasputin had some move that was freaky but I can't remember what it was.

I remember the first Fatal Fury. Tung Fue Rue (or whatever his name was) always tripped me out.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:lol: Speaking of old SNK games, I remember I used to play World Heroes all the time. Janne was my fave. Rasputin had some move that was freaky but I can't remember what it was.

I remember the first Fatal Fury. Tung Fue Rue (or whatever his name was) always tripped me out.[/QUOTE]

There are a couple characters from World Heroes in Neo Geo BC like Fuma, Hanzo and the witch doctor guy named Mudman.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Rolento - You're getting Fighting Vipers 2? I got it (probably from the same place you did) but it's not very fun. It plays exactly like FV 1 with I think with 2 new characters. After being exposed to VF4 and Tekken 5 you'll quickly put this one down.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's the same guy you reccomended to me. I really liked the whole thing so I wanted to load up on a bunch of other games from the guy... though, I e-mailed him the list of games I want about 3 days ago and he has yet to reply... that's the only downside.

Like kinda noted before, I only want to play fighting vipers just to give me further knowlage of the genre... it's one of my favorite genres, and I still enjoy putting time into fighting games even if they do suck.

It can't be any worse than Tuff Enuff:
9413.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, it's the same guy you reccomended to me. I really liked the whole thing so I wanted to load up on a bunch of other games from the guy... though, I e-mailed him the list of games I want about 3 days ago and he has yet to reply... that's the only downside.

Like kinda noted before, I only want to play fighting vipers just to give me further knowlage of the genre... it's one of my favorite genres, and I still enjoy putting time into fighting games even if they do suck.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the same reason why I got it, plus it's not like it's expensive or anything. But it does suck.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Do you look and dress like Dan too?[/QUOTE]

Of course. I have a slick pony tail and I wear a pink gi to school. When people insult me I give them the first taunt.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:lol: Speaking of old SNK games, I remember I used to play World Heroes all the time. Janne was my fave. Rasputin had some move that was freaky but I can't remember what it was.

I remember the first Fatal Fury. Tung Fue Rue (or whatever his name was) always tripped me out.[/QUOTE]

World Heroes is actually not an SNK game, but a Sunsoft game though it was on the Neo

I still regret not picking up World Heroes Perfect for the Saturn before I got rid of my collection

Man I was sooooo close to getting Melty Blood this wekend >_<

I was at Otakon (an anime convention in Baltimore in case you didn't know), and I was wondering around the Dealer's Room when I came to a dealer who had a sign for Melty Blood on display at his booth. Needless to say I bolted for the booth (I've wanted Melty Blood for the last year and a half), and asked him if he had any copies left. He said they may have one left, but he wasn't sure, but the other guy that worked the booth did, but he was in the can. I waited around for 15 minutes, and when the guy came back, he told me that they had sold the last copy of the game not 20 minutes ago :cry:

That was a complete blower, but they told me that they would reserve me a copy, and I could pick it up at the next convention they're selling stuff at, so iy wasn't a complete loss.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Man I was sooooo close to getting Melty Blood this wekend >_<

I was at Otakon (an anime convention in Baltimore in case you didn't know), and I was wondering around the Dealer's Room when I came to a dealer who had a sign for Melty Blood on display at his booth. Needless to say I bolted for the booth (I've wanted Melty Blood for the last year and a half), and asked him if he had any copies left. He said they may have one left, but he wasn't sure, but the other guy that worked the booth did, but he was in the can. I waited around for 15 minutes, and when the guy came back, he told me that they had sold the last copy of the game not 20 minutes ago :cry:

That was a complete blower, but they told me that they would reserve me a copy, and I could pick it up at the next convention they're selling stuff at, so iy wasn't a complete loss.[/QUOTE]

Bittorrent is your friend

[quote name='The VGM']Bittorrent is your friend[/QUOTE]

In a case like this it's one of those times where I actualy wanna go out and support the developers of the game and pay money to own it legally.

[quote name='Purple Flames']In a case like this it's one of those times where I actualy wanna go out and support the developers of the game and pay money to own it legally.[/QUOTE]

No one is stopping you from doing that. You can get it and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back