The Last Of Us Remastered for $51.45 W/ $25 in SYWP at KMART PS4

Oboogie188

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I was just told this via CSR chat...it doesn't even sound remotely correct.

bfauble83, since this is a pre-order item, the slot will only be limited. I understand that this is released today but that will be for the previous batch who made the order two to three months ago. The next batch of release will be on December 31 2014. Your order falls on the next batch, bfauble83 since the slot on the previous batch of pre order has been sold out.

I preordered this on June 10 from Kmart. No status update. Also says December 31, 2014, but I assume that's because their order pages don't update release dates. It did say December 31, 2014 when I preordered it. Either way, a bit miffed Kmart is bungling this one.

Just to update:

My online order status still says processing, December 31, 2014 ship date.

I called KMart about it, and they told me it actually shipped (via UPS) and will be with me tomorrow. The tracking number isn't showing yet (and they didn't have one to give me), but...

Interestingly, the automated phone order status mentioned the order is in process/carrier UPS, too... 

No idea when I'll receive mine either. I should have known better...Kmart is a joke. They're about 15 years behind the times when it comes to their website/online ordering....not to mention the stores themselves. It amazes me that company is even able to stay in business. 

Just to update:

My online order status still says processing, December 31, 2014 ship date.

I called KMart about it, and they told me it actually shipped (via UPS) and will be with me tomorrow. The tracking number isn't showing yet (and they didn't have one to give me), but...

Interestingly, the automated phone order status mentioned the order is in process/carrier UPS, too...
Thae phone says that for all my pre-orders even super smash bros for wii u which doesnt have a release date yet.

Anyone have pending charges on their CC? What their website says is irrelevant. If they shipped, you'll have a charge. I don't. I didn't realize Kmart was so bad with pre-orders. The idiot I spoke to said the release date had been changed. I told her it was available right now on amazon, and she just kept copying and pasting the same shit over and over about how she contacted some "expert." She talked to me like I was the idiot that had no clue what was going on.  :twoguns:

Anyone have pending charges on their CC? What their website says is irrelevant. If they shipped, you'll have a charge. I don't. I didn't realize Kmart was so bad with pre-orders. The idiot I spoke to said the release date had been changed. I told her it was available right now on amazon, and she just kept copying and pasting the same shit over and over about how she contacted some "expert." She talked to me like I was the idiot that had no clue what was going on. :twoguns:
no charge on my card

My plan was to preorder Madden with the $25 SYW points I earn from this game, then possible roll that $20 over to WWE 15. If this ends up working out badly, I guess I will not be doing that. If I get the game by the end of the week, I'll be fine, but anything past that will be a disappointment.

I guess I could go to Kmart and buy the game this week, then return this one whenever I get it.
the points won't work on madden cause they expire before madden is released

the points won't work on madden cause they expire before madden is released
Actually the points don't expire for TLOU preorder for quite some time. See the message I received from the SYWR team:

Thank you for contacting Shop Your Way Rewards regarding your point balance.

We apologize for the confusion and would be happy to explain. Base/bonus points earned will typically expire 1 year after the purchase is made at the end of the calendar quarter (ex. points earned 05/01/2014 will expire 06/30/2015). We do, however have bonus offers with a shorter expiration period. The offer "Members get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you Pre-Order The Last of Us Remastered" is set to expire 01/15/2015.

The base points earned on this purchase will expire as normal, however, the bonus points will expire 01/15/2015.

You can verify your point balance by visiting www.shopyourway.com or by calling 1-800-991-8708.

Once again, thank you for contacting Shop Your Way Rewards. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,

Crystal M.
Shop Your Way Rewards Member Service
www.shopyourway.com

Well the way it's going for many of us, if it never ships, we'll never get our points anyway. :D

I hope it shows up tomorrow. Otherwise I'll... I'll ... survive. But I'll pretend to be furious. :)

Well Kmart just sent me an email cancelling my order all together for no reason at all....trying to get answers from "customer service" right now

Well Kmart just sent me an email cancelling my order all together for no reason at all....trying to get answers from "customer service" right now
I wish they'd cancel my orders rather than just let them sit there. Either that or ship them. The people there are so inept that I've canceled an order of a TV stand twice, and it's still not canceled. I canceled it on the phone, then in a chat the next day. They both said I'd get a confirmation email too. Where do they find these idiots?

I complain when people ripoff amazon and whatnot, but I'm all for people bitching and moaning to get whatever you can out of this company for free. Companies like this just need to go out of business.

The game is in stock online now, hopefully ours will ship today...

I did another chat and the CSR said he would request that my order status change from processing to shipping, but that it could take 3-5 days. I might just go to Kmart and buy a copy, then return it whenever I receive this one.  What a hassle.

Did you use any points/rewards that expired before 7/29? That's usually the reason..
Mine was canceled as well, because my "SYWR couldn't be authorized." I did use those points on an order earlier this week, but I got back more rewards from that order than I'd had in my account, and there was only a period of maybe a couple hours where my SYWR account was empty on Sunday morning. So yeah, makes no sense at all. Kmart is the worst.

Mine was canceled as well, because my "SYWR couldn't be authorized." I did use those points on an order earlier this week, but I got back more rewards from that order than I'd had in my account, and there was only a period of maybe a couple hours where my SYWR account was empty on Sunday morning. So yeah, makes no sense at all. Kmart is the worst.
i think using any points on preorders seems to cause problems.

I wonder if other retailers use Kmart as their bottom-line standard and constantly use them as the butt of jokes. Still, this isn't anywhere as bad as the Ni No Kuni crap that DigitalRiver pulled last year...and people are still using that shit service.

It makes perfect sense. You can't use points twice. Every point is "unique" which is why orders get cancelled if you used those points twice, even if more points came in to your account prior to release. Their whole point system is a mess, anyway.

It makes perfect sense. You can't use points twice. Every point is "unique" which is why orders get cancelled if you used those points twice, even if more points came in to your account prior to release. Their whole point system is a mess, anyway.
I thought my order would work out well this time since I purchased something for immediate delivery at the same time as my pre-order. All of my points were deducted from my account immediately instead of waiting for the pre-order shipment (because the other item was shipped immediately). Unfortunately, Kmart has still messed it up. But my issue may not be related to points. I really can't tell at this point and I know customer service is not likely to shed any light on the subject. I'm giving my order a few more days to shake out and then i'll try to contact them.

Regardless, I don't understand why Kmart doesn't just deduct points for pre-orders to save everyone the hassle. I suppose pre-orders are probably such as smart portion of their overall sales that it's not a big deal to them.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would every point be "unique"? Points are points. They're only deducted from your account when used. Why the hell would it matter where the points came from, so long as the account balance has enough points to deduct at the time the order is processed?

It's a dumb system because Kmart doesn't have any fucking clue what they're doing. Don't defend it.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would every point be "unique"? Points are points. They're only deducted from your account when used. Why the hell would it matter where the points came from, so long as the account balance has enough points to deduct at the time the order is processed?

It's a dumb system because Kmart doesn't have any fucking clue what they're doing. Don't defend it.
I'm not defending it. I did say it's a mess.. :)

I'm also saying it makes sense in that the system is actually understandable. When you get points for a first purchase, consider those points as X. When you get points for the next purchase, those points are Y. So if you spend the X points, they're not available for that next preorder purchase, even if the Y points come in afterwards to give you enough points to cover that second purchase! It's incredibly annoying, but it does make SENSE. That's all I'm saying.

And yes, if KMart's system were better, the points would all merge happily, preorders would remove the points available (I have plenty of points still visible in my account, despite making preorders months ago with all of them, for example..). I have to keep track of how many points are ACTUALLY available versus how many are taken up by my preorders. I also have to make sure that the points don't expire prior to the preorder shipping, because that voids the entire order at the time of processing (think of the points as credit cards with expiration dates).

I'm not saying I LIKE the way KMart does this. But again, it does (unfortunately) make "sense." It's just a crap way of doing things!

Here's a solution: Stop trying to roll your points into preorders. Simple enough?

No one is having problems using them on in stock / ready to ship items. I thought people would have come to this conclusion months ago when the problems first started to arise.

Here's a solution: Stop trying to roll your points into preorders. Simple enough?

No one is having problems using them on in stock / ready to ship items. I thought people would have come to this conclusion months ago when the problems first started to arise.
This was the first time I had used SYWR points on a preorder. I'm so sorry I didn't follow every little development on how Kmart preorders work and simply assumed they'd work like you'd expect them to. Considering every point to be unique is absolutely asinine.

And if you're using the rewards on in stock items, then you're probably killing the value of the deal. Kmart rarely has the best price on anything in their stores, nor do I even enjoy walking into that store.

I've learned my lesson, and I'm getting out. Once I burn through the rewards I have left, I won't bother buying from Kmart again.

This was the first time I had used SYWR points on a preorder. I'm so sorry I didn't follow every little development on how Kmart preorders work and simply assumed they'd work like you'd expect them to. Considering every point to be unique is absolutely asinine.

And if you're using the rewards on in stock items, then you're probably killing the value of the deal. Kmart rarely has the best price on anything in their stores, nor do I even enjoy walking into that store.

I've learned my lesson, and I'm getting out. Once I burn through the rewards I have left, I won't bother buying from Kmart again.
Well I dunno... I bought a TV stand for $90 that came with $110 in points. I then used the $110 in points on a M&L Wii U bundle which came with $70 in points and cycled those into a 3DS XL which came with $50 in points which I'll burn most of at a store to get TLOU HD PS4 for about a $1 (always pay something out of pocket or you won't earn the correct amount of points) and earn another $20 back after using a coupon.

I can always find things at either Kmart or Sears to use points on and they're almost always better deals then buying the same item elsewhere when you factor in SYWR points and coupons but never in a million years would I apply points to a preorder deal unless I was making the purchase on a Monday and the item released on a Tuesday since they tend to oversell their allotments and cancel orders frequently. It's too much hassle to try and get the point situation straightened out that's why I would advise only using them in store or on something online that is in stock and available to ship.

I just chatted with them... "I have checked with my resources and I am really sorry to let you know that due to an technical error your order has not shipped." ...and he swore that it would be shipped within 48 hours.  We'll see.  

I just chatted with them... "I have checked with my resources and I am really sorry to let you know that due to an technical error your order has not shipped." ...and he swore that it would be shipped within 48 hours. We'll see.
I'm thinking that technical error has something to do with the December 31 placeholder date. I wonder if people that preordered after the release date was announced (and updated on Kmart.com) are having issues.

I received a charge on my credit card today for my orders. I suggest you people check as well. No info on shipping, but my orders went through. 

Edit: My orders have shipped, finally. Just for reference, I ordered on the 16th of this month. 

Chatted with csr and she said all preorder ships 3 business days after release day. Kmart explanation all over the place. Will update tomorrow.

I did in store pickup today before they opened, still no response, Kmart could fuck up minute rice.

I spoke with a CSR over chat earlier asking when my order was expected to ship and he must have seen something wrong with the order because he offered to give me $35 off my order and refund my shipping charges (after it ships) as a solution. Worked out better for me because I couldn't use my Giftcard I had on preorder purchases anyways and it looks like I may get an additional $10 in bonus points + I got to use another $10 in surprise points I had (I think they applied anyways).

Well I followed up with Kmart, since, you know - they told me it had shipped yesterday and would be delivered today. Obviously that didn't happen. They have no idea, and asked me to wait 24-48 hours while the "relevant departments" are contacted. Lulz. 

I was expecting the worse but order just shipped as of a few minutes ago.   I ordered on July 3 and did not use any points in my order.  I did combine 2 coupons though and paid $44 out of pocket and got back $30 in points (had to add a filler item to put it above $50.)   Not a bad deal.  Good luck to those of you still waiting for your orders to ship.

I pre ordered 2 copies on June 29 and chatted with a CS yesterday because the estimated arrival date was July 29 but my order was still processing. He said that it was out of stock and told me to check back in a few days. Just checked my email today  and my order has shipped and the points were posted in my account. Pretty weird since i thought my order would get cancelled because i use some surprise points that expired a few weeks ago.

I just received a shipping confirmation with tracking number. SYWR points also posted to my account. Just for reference my account always stated my delivery date was 7/29, Not 12/31.

anyone placed an order when the release date was showing dec 31 and have their shipped already? I bought this back on 6/22 when they didn't have updated release date yet and mine is still showing processing with estimated date dec 31.

anyone placed an order when the release date was showing dec 31 and have their shipped already? I bought this back on 6/22 when they didn't have updated release date yet and mine is still showing processing with estimated date dec 31.
I'm in the same boat.

Chatted with them one more time and they gave me a generic "it takes 1-5 for an item to ship from its release date."  I guess I'll wait it out since I have a backlog of games right now anyways. :)

Chatted with them one more time and they gave me a generic "it takes 1-5 for an item to ship from its release date." I guess I'll wait it out since I have a backlog of games right now anyways. :)
Good luck, but the people that ordered after the release date was announced seem to have had theirs ship already. You would think there would be a way for CSR to override that December 31 ship date.

Yeah, like I said, I'm in no rush... if it pops up somewhere else for $35 or less in the meantime I'll just cancel. :)

bread's done
Back