The Last Of Us Survival Edition available NOW at Amazon.com (OOS)

It is still possible to get it from Amazon. People are probably still having payment problems all the time (little wonder, considering how many people are living paycheck to paycheck on this forum), and those copies are getting released. You have to use something like FireFox's Check4Change and have it refresh like every 10 seconds.

I wonder why AMZ had any come in stock for sale after months of no preorders being offered.
Did you not read what I wrote? Because people have payment problems, and those copies are being released back into inventory. Amazon, like most modern online retailers, has a real-time inventory management system.

I did see that. For some reason I read it as how the stock today alone kept saying sold out then came back in stock, not in regards to the past.

My Survival edition got robbed from my backyard. Sucks that they would leave this in the back of my house. I was always scared of this happening and it finally did wow this sucks :(

I ordered one this afternoon and assumed it would come next Tuesday.  However, according to Amazon, I will have the game in my hands tomorrrow!  Last night, I was convinced that I would only own this particular edition in my dreams.

Hurry up guys! Just back in stock!
Gone again. Unless I'm just not seeing it. Did no place get extra copies to put out?
This sold out everywhere before release. Amazon will usually have a few extra copies left post-release but those are drying up fast. Earlier today, when I made my post, there was 123 left... by the time I made my post (which took maybe 30 seconds) and submitted it, there was 4 left and I had to go back and edit my post.:lol:

I'd keep an eye on the listing. There will probably be a few that pop up.

lol, i just picked up a dinged up copy for amazon warehouse for $60 after tax. I hope it is not too bad.

Hurry up guys! Just back in stock!
Gone again. Unless I'm just not seeing it. Did no place get extra copies to put out?
I've seen it show in stock at least 4x today since the original post but couldn't add it to cart
Longest I've seen it available around 655pm PST and it did finally let me check out.
Goodluck!
Individual Gamestop stores are also holding copies of Survival Editions that were pre-ordered that they may sell to public on Monday of not picked up by then. So check or call your local stores

Last edited by a moderator:
Three (well two now that I got one) up right now! Go get 'em CAG!

Edit: Use one click ordering to snag things up faster. You usually have about half an hour to change payment method or shipping address after you place your order. It really is about the only way to snag something like this or a great deal on Amazon Warehouse.

Every now and then option comes back to add to cart from Amazon.  I recommend refreshing every now and then and you might snag it, that's how I eventually got it.

Amazon keeps teasing me. I really want this so I've been coming back and refreshing the Amazon page and, sometimes, it'll refresh to 'available on 6/18/13, order now' but when I add it to my cart, it isn't available anymore. Annoying. :(

I know firsthand why they have extras. I foolishly cancelled my pre-order that I had for months as I thought that I could get one from Best Buy for store pickup yesterday as their system said they had more in stock earlier this week. Well I cancelled my AMZ order after I got the BB confirm # and then within 15 minutes my order at BB was auto-cancelled by the system and I was completely out of luck, which was my mistake.

I know AMZ will not just put that one pre-order copy back in stock as they wait until after the game launches and any residuals are put back in circulation. They had the same thing happen with the BL2 Loot Chest and Darksiders 2 CE as they were sold out for many months, but a few hundred popped up on release day at a random time? Gamestop online works the same way from what I have seen.

There could be some more of these that pop up later down the road when people from yesterday and well as those that have had existing CC billing issues from the original pre-orders get put back in circulation. I may be mistaken, but AMZ gives people that pre-order/order items up to a week to resolve their CC billing issues or they automatically cancel the order.

For the record, I ordered this yesterday when it was back in stock and I got a message from AMZ aroundt midnight that my game has already shipped (Thanks CAG and the poster).

I was just able to grab one a few minutes ago, and it's due to ship Monday. So hopefully, it doesn't get cancelled or come damaged.

Like it was stated it above, keep checking back, as they seem to be adding stock off and on, as they become available.

This would be cool to get, as my GS order appears to be lost, stolen, or "who the hell knows"?

Thanks OP!

Had one and ups left it in my backyard and it was stolen lol first time a package was stolen from me...
do you live in a high crime rate neighborhood?
I think so lol there was a lot of people walking around my block too. I had the door open and I was home all day excited for it no idea way he left it in the back this time...

I think so lol there was a lot of people walking around my block too. I had the door open and I was home all day excited for it no idea way he left it in the back this time...
maybe the ups guy was the one who stole it, LOL
maybe amazon gave me my money back and 15 bucks :/ still pissed
you should try your local gs /bestbuy for non-reserved copies
Just keep refreshing this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00B3PEWQE/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1371321058&sr=8-2&keywords=last+of+us&condition=new

I didn't see it updated on the main product page but I refreshed here and it popped up. Also, use the 1 click purchase option for an even greater chance of getting one!

If you guys have a Fred Meyer in your area, you should check it out.  Mine had 2 of these.  Also $10 off $50 purchase coupons through the rest of the day.

If you guys have a Fred Meyer in your area, you should check it out. Mine had 2 of these. Also $10 off $50 purchase coupons through the rest of the day.
I never thought of that. Didn't know they'd be carrying them. Will check there tomorrow if GS doesn't have any.

For those of you who still want one, you might want to check your GS on Monday. GS normally holds POs for 48 hours, meaning Monday should be the day that they start to sell off an extra or two (depending on how many they have).

I don't know who had the bright idea of packing a 3lb artbook on top of a steelbook. I had two of these shipped together in a box with a little too much room and of course the bottom copy has a damaged steelbook

I don't know who had the bright idea of packing a 3lb artbook on top of a steelbook. I had two of these shipped together in a box with a little too much room and of course the bottom copy has a damaged steelbook
I'm hoping mine is packaged properly, but I'm not expecting it to be. Amazon and GameStop really need to change their packaging practices for LE items. I already had my original order from GS delivered wrong or stolen through UPS, and of course, there is no way to replace my items.

Items that are LE or sold out, should require better packaging along with "signature required" upon delivery. Sadly, these kinds of items are just regular purchases in the retailers eyes, since they are only charging the retail price. I would never send such rare and non-replaceable items as poorly as these companies do.

I'm hoping mine is packaged properly, but I'm not expecting it to be. Amazon and GameStop really need to change their packaging practices for LE items. I already had my original order from GS delivered wrong or stolen through UPS, and of course, there is no way to replace my items.

Items that are LE or sold out, should require better packaging along with "signature required" upon delivery. Sadly, these kinds of items are just regular purchases in the retailers eyes, since they are only charging the retail price. I would never send such rare and non-replaceable items as poorly as these companies do.
I agree---I've already voiced my opinion that retailers should offer a premium packing/shipping upgrade for $.99 or something like that (some specialty stores like Big Bad Toy Store already offer this) but with this particular edition I'm not sure it would have helped. Depending on how the game was shipped (upside right or upside down) you're going to have the entire weight of the artbook on top of the steelbook.

If anyone purchased more then one it just further complicates the issue

I agree---I've already voiced my opinion that retailers should offer a premium packing/shipping upgrade for $.99 or something like that (some specialty stores like Big Bad Toy Store already offer this) but with this particular edition I'm not sure it would have helped. Depending on how the game was shipped (upside right or upside down) you're going to have the entire weight of the artbook on top of the steelbook.

If anyone purchased more then one it just further complicates the issue
Yeah, there's not much that can be done when a item is packaged poorly at the factory level, but 99% of our issues are at the retail level for sure, and those can be address if companies are willing to go that extra step. I personally can understand why no one keeps stock for losses or damages? This is something else that I feel needs to be addressed.

For those of you who still want one, you might want to check your GS on Monday. GS normally holds POs for 48 hours, meaning Monday should be the day that they start to sell off an extra or two (depending on how many they have).
I've been trying to get one since Friday but 48hrs should be today not Monday right or do they not consider release day as hold time? Idk why I didn't preorder this.

I've been trying to get one since Friday but 48hrs should be today not Monday right or do they not consider release day as hold time? Idk why I didn't preorder this.
I don't believe the release day counts, because it's mandatory for them to hold it for the release date, and then they grant you 48 hours of grace period to let you pick up the item. At least, that's how it works with typical releases on Tuesday around here, wherein they won't sell them until Friday.

I don't believe the release day counts, because it's mandatory for them to hold it for the release date, and then they grant you 48 hours of grace period to let you pick up the item. At least, that's how it works with typical releases on Tuesday around here, wherein they won't sell them until Friday.
but what happens if the person paid it off fully before the release date? does that 48 hrs still apply?

but what happens if the person paid it off fully before the release date? does that 48 hrs still apply?
AFAIK, they're not required (by company policy) to hold the games beyond the "48 hours" rule. If you reserved it and they sell your copy, you'll get whatever money you put towards it if they don't have a copy for you (or can't track down a copy from another nearby GS).

But all of this is done at the judgment of the manager or assistant manager. They could choose to hold pre-orders indefinitely, but it's unlikely they would with popular releases since it would look bad with regards to the stores management (why do they have all these new games?!). Availability of the item matters as well. If they have a lot of unclaimed pre-orders, then they'll likely sell a few copies. When I picked up a copy of ME3 CE, I was able to do so without issue. But with the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest, my GS had two and wouldn't sell either one, even after a week.

I can't believe it sold out everywhere. I had to cancel mine for not having enough funds and saving up for a trip but now I regret it so much. 

I wonder how much this game is selling... Better or worse than Uncharted
I have to wonder why Newegg put up 3,000 of them for sale on Ebay for $45 on the weekend the game was released, especially with how much they actually will pull in after the Ebay and Paypal fees, and free shipping. Seems like the overstocked on the title or something. I wonder if they could've moved 3,000 on their own site by selling it for the same price.

I saw one of my local stores not named Best Buy stock up like a hundred or so copies of Halo Reach. That didn't turn out so well for them.

I wonder how much this game is selling... Better or worse than Uncharted
I have to wonder why Newegg put up 3,000 of them for sale on Ebay for $45 on the weekend the game was released, especially with how much they actually will pull in after the Ebay and Paypal fees, and free shipping. Seems like the overstocked on the title or something. I wonder if they could've moved 3,000 on their own site by selling it for the same price.

I saw one of my local stores not named Best Buy stock up like a hundred or so copies of Halo Reach. That didn't turn out so well for them.
That was a promotional sale. Sometimes, eBay will partner up with some of their bigger stores and give them a deep discount on fees if they cut the price of an item. It's a way for eBay to advertise a sale and for Newegg to get new customers.

I'm guessing the game's selling well, given all the hype and the fact that there's nothing else going against it.

Just got a order in, hopefully it actually goes through. Is 2-day shipping and FREE SuperSaver shipping packed the same way? I'm just curious because if paying the extra cash would better protect my shipment then I would gladly pay it. (don't have prime)

bread's done
Back