The Last Of Us Survival Edition available NOW at Amazon.com (OOS)

Yeesh... I decided to refresh it for about 10 minutes before calling it quits, and after seeing it bounce in and out of back-order and sold out hundreds of times, just as I was about to call it quits, I was able to add it to my cart and check out.

They're randomly popping in and out of stock.  I just grabbed one at 2:22 AM PST.  Now it appears OOS again, but if you click on featured merchants you can buy from Amazon (due June 21st).

Last edited by a moderator:
what are the good times! to get it on the amazon deal

It seems like the sony store is now OOS so is the best way is trying gamestop?

^^ you just have to keep checking periodically, like they were just up about 10 minutes ago. You should turn on one click ordering to increase your chances.

what are the good times! to get it on the amazon deal
It seems like the sony store is now OOS so is the best way is trying gamestop?
GameStop is worth a try. Use this page (http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/the-last-of-us-survival-edition/107706), and check availability. Whichever stores show up should have it, but make sure to call, because most (if not all) the copies in stock are from pre-orders, and some stores are still holding those copies, while others are selling them.

Well, fuck. I waited because I didn't want to pay tax, and Sony went oos.

If it's going to be backordered, why won't they just take orders until then? Are people getting their Amazon orders shipped right away?

Just received my copy from Amazon. No damages to the box itself and the game box is sealed. 

Very happy to have gotten a copy. Thanks OP!

I don't get it...

why didn't those that are "hunting" for one of these pre order one if you where interested. looks to me like you waited to see if it would be hard to find and now that it seems to be, people are complaining about missing out. I can think of three different places off the top of my head that you could pre order and your card isn't charged until the game ships.. I always put in a pre order with amazon as soon as something i'm interested goes up and then have a few months to decide where I want to get it, I ordered the last of us survival edition the day it went up for pre order and so far the only game I've ever missed out on was one that I cancelled.

Well, fuck. I waited because I didn't want to pay tax, and Sony went oos.

If it's going to be backordered, why won't they just take orders until then? Are people getting their Amazon orders shipped right away?
I put in an order yesterday with Amazon around noon and had them send to a locker near my house. Got an e-mail today saying it was delivered to the locker already. I chose FSSS (5-9 biz days) and they turned it around in under 24 hours. Hopefully it's not damaged or some return that never got routed back properly.

I don't get it...

why didn't those that are "hunting" for one of these pre order one if you where interested. looks to me like you waited to see if it would be hard to find and now that it seems to be, people are complaining about missing out. I can think of three different places off the top of my head that you could pre order and your card isn't charged until the game ships.. I always put in a pre order with amazon as soon as something i'm interested goes up and then have a few months to decide where I want to get it, I ordered the last of us survival edition the day it went up for pre order and so far the only game I've ever missed out on was one that I cancelled.
Sounds to me like you're one of those "I wanted it before it was cool people ;)

The Last of Us is a brand new IP and I'm not sure how many people wanted to pay $80 for something they may or may not like, but it's being hailed as one of the best games of the generation and has gotten amazing scores, who wouldn't be interested in it now?

Just got shipping confirmation from Sony, though Fed Ex says the tracking number doesn't exist. Might be because it just shipped. I hop that's it.

I don't get it...

why didn't those that are "hunting" for one of these pre order one if you where interested. looks to me like you waited to see if it would be hard to find and now that it seems to be, people are complaining about missing out. I can think of three different places off the top of my head that you could pre order and your card isn't charged until the game ships.. I always put in a pre order with amazon as soon as something i'm interested goes up and then have a few months to decide where I want to get it, I ordered the last of us survival edition the day it went up for pre order and so far the only game I've ever missed out on was one that I cancelled.
I did have this pre-ordered. I had a pre-order on Amazon, but cancelled it because I had spent more money than I had planned on a trip with friends, and father's day was coming up in a couple of weeks. I had a bunch of GameStop trade-in credit, so I figured I could just put an order in there after cancelling my Amazon order. Unfortunately, they were all sold out... And I did end up having enough spending money. I also didn't think it would be so limited.

the only reason i am even ordering this, is to use my $20 promo trade in credit from last time before it expires.

Sony Store has this in stock too, showing that it'll ship next week. I wonder if they're making more?
They may be, but it still won't amount to a huge quantity in the long run (in my opinion). I was happy to get one from Sony and one from Amazon (for a friend).

anyone who received the last of us survival from amazon get an opened copy? Seal on top had been broken and steelcase inside has some scratches .

I hope people that think "...they are making more" understand that from the conception of the idea to getting the inventory to stores would take weeks... not four days.

I hope people that think "...they are making more" understand that from the conception of the idea to getting the inventory to stores would take weeks... not four days.
Bingo. These are almost certainly either returns from people or orders that were cancelled. Hence the fella above me saying his looked to have been opened.

Was able to get one from the Sony Store now.  Its listed as temporarily OOS but estimated ship date of 6/27.  That's ok with me, now that I don't have to scour these interwebs to find one (was almost considering driving over an hour away to a Best Buy location last night, that listed 1 left in stock, but they didn't have any).

Received order confirmation from Sony, good to go!  Yes, and to GBAstar's point, Amazon and Sony Store are likely just getting some replenishment inventory in.  It would take much longer than a few days to "make more."

Back in stock on June 26th probably a good time to get in on this if you haven't yet. It has a really nice packaging for an excellent game.

Even though I asked, I know that's the case (since I always tell people, if something is OoS, Amazon almost always gets something back in stock once it's released). I'm honestly surprised, is all. I think this is the first Sony CE that's actually been hard to find after release... and they even released two versions for it. Uncharted 3, God of War 3 & Ascension, InFamous 2, LBP2, and Killzone 2 were all easily found months after release. I think that's all of their CEs in NA, right?

Back in stock on June 26th probably a good time to get in on this if you haven't yet. It has a really nice packaging for an excellent game.
from this post, i still believe there will be a chance for another incoming shipment to amazon. The last time when people ordered, it said back in stock in june 18. Sure enough it came back last night at the quanity of around 356.

bread's done
Back