The Last Story for Wii - $29.99 and Free Shipping at Deep Discount

blackfrancis44

CAGiversary!
I just ordered The Last Story for the Wii for 29.99 on deepdiscount.com with FS

Link

It's the best deal I have found for this so far...though you will wait for it...since it's deepdiscount and it won't ship for 5-10 days and then another couple days when they actually ship it out.

Not a problem for me since I have a bag log of games I am playing now.

Last edited by a moderator:
So am I right in thinking that this my card will not be charged till the game ships?

Edit: Nevermind, its up to $46.99 now. Looks like this is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this thread yesterday, got excited and placed an order, and considered cancelling my Newegg order. Now my order with DeepDiscount says "backordered" while there's a pending charge for $29.99 with my CC, and they've changed the price back to $46.99 so I may never receive a product? WTF?! If in the next 20 days or so I don't see a change in the status of the order with DeepDiscount I'm doing a chargeback on my CC! I'm so glad I didn't cancel my newegg order afterall!

Yeah, backordered on my end too. Not surprised at all... most of us knew this would happen. If you're mad now, you were "warned" many times. These guys always pull through in the long run.

[quote name='SanjiX']Yeah, backordered on my end too. Not surprised at all... most of us knew this would happen. If you're mad now, you were "warned" many times. These guys always pull through in the long run.[/QUOTE]

They're not a bad company - I have ordered tons of DVDs/manga through them - but it depends also on Xseed's stock level. If Xseed can't supply them more then....

They're not going to rip you guys off, though. You may or may not get the game, but they're not a shady company that will keep your money and send you nothing for it.

P.S. I kept mine ordered at Amazon, and got a shipping notice at 2AM this morning, which claims it'll arrive tomorrow.

[quote name='Destro']I saw this thread yesterday, got excited and placed an order, and considered cancelling my Newegg order. Now my order with DeepDiscount says "backordered" while there's a pending charge for $29.99 with my CC, and they've changed the price back to $46.99 so I may never receive a product? WTF?! If in the next 20 days or so I don't see a change in the status of the order with DeepDiscount I'm doing a chargeback on my CC! I'm so glad I didn't cancel my newegg order afterall![/QUOTE]

Where's the problem yet, exactly?

The price changing after the fact doesn't mean anything in regards to your order. I'd only be bummed if your order gets canceled.

[quote name='dandragonrage']They're not a bad company - I have ordered tons of DVDs/manga through them - but it depends also on Xseed's stock level. If Xseed can't supply them more then....

They're not going to rip you guys off, though. You may or may not get the game, but they're not a shady company that will keep your money and send you nothing for it.

P.S. I kept mine ordered at Amazon, and got a shipping notice at 2AM this morning, which claims it'll arrive tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got a bunch of anime from them during a sale two years ago. A good bit of it arrived fairly quickly. The only ones that were back ordered were two of them, one took 2 weeks and the other a month. But I think it depends on how long it takes the company to ship DD more copies.

[quote name='dandragonrage']They're not a bad company - I have ordered tons of DVDs/manga through them - but it depends also on Xseed's stock level. If Xseed can't supply them more then....

P.S. I kept mine ordered at Amazon, and got a shipping notice at 2AM this morning, which claims it'll arrive tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are a bad company, one of the worst. They charge you BEFORE the item ships or they even have it in stock, they often take forever to get games or sometimes don't even get them at all. I remembered I preordered my Mass Effect 2 CE there and they never shipped it, when I called like 2 weeks after it was supposed to come in, they said they weren't getting it in. Yet unless I had called them, they were just going to keep my money without sending anything. Oh, and when they screw you (at least last I checked), you can't cancel on the website like with any legitimate business, instead you have to call them...that's the hallmark of a scammer, making it hard to cancel.

[quote name='HeroesNoMore']Xseed didn't ship enough units to Amazon to cover pre-orders apparently, so there's no telling what's going to happen there.

Point is, the game is very obviously in high demand and seems to be going as fast as it did in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get this info? Amazon only got their copies yesterday and hasn't shipped any yet (although they sent all of us e-mails saying it would be shipped within the next day), so how would anyone know if they had enough to cover pre-orders or not?

[quote name='bojay1997']Where did you get this info? Amazon only got their copies yesterday and hasn't shipped any yet (although they sent all of us e-mails saying it would be shipped within the next day), so how would anyone know if they had enough to cover pre-orders or not?[/QUOTE]

Mine actually said shipped, provided a tracking number, and says it'll be delivered tomorrow. The tracking # works and is marked as in transit. I got the email about 12 hours ago now (around 2AM this morning).

Backordered, eh? And an increase in price? Well, I should be glad that they didn't alter my order, although who knows if they're gonna change it once they actually ship the product. Eh, I'll give them a month.

[quote name='Devulture']Backordered, eh? And an increase in price? Well, I should be glad that they didn't alter my order, although who knows if they're gonna change it once they actually ship the product. Eh, I'll give them a month.[/QUOTE]

Tons of companies change prices of products with demand/time. Doesn't mean they will (or even legally can) change the price of orders already priced. They will either provide the game at the price it was ordered at or they will cancel the order (or I guess if it was a price mistake, they could contact you and give you the option to pay more or cancel, but I highly doubt that). I've been a customer of theirs for over 5 years now.

[quote name='sadboy']I have no idea what Setherial meant by the game "not doing well" either.

Anyway, I kept my original pre-order, and decided to order a copy of the game at DeepDiscount as well.[/QUOTE]

It has been out for 48 hours (give or take) and I, too, wonder how he has sales figures already.:roll:

I ordered through Amazon and I don't care how long it takes to ship, etc. -- It will be nice to fire up the Wii for the fist time in a while. Hopefully I can waggle my way into finishing (finally) Skyward Sword, too...

[quote name='bojay1997']Where did you get this info? Amazon only got their copies yesterday and hasn't shipped any yet (although they sent all of us e-mails saying it would be shipped within the next day), so how would anyone know if they had enough to cover pre-orders or not?[/QUOTE]

My pre-order from amazon is delayed and estimated to be shipped next Tuesday. Got email from amazon to confirm and approve the delay. The email is sent ou around 2 am as well.

Anybody else in the same situation?

Amazon.

They have been shipping them out to some but others are going to have to wait for a new shipment. That's what the rep told my brother when he called and others have been told the same according to their forums.

[quote name='dandragonrage']Tons of companies change prices of products with demand/time. Doesn't mean they will (or even legally can) change the price of orders already priced. They will either provide the game at the price it was ordered at or they will cancel the order (or I guess if it was a price mistake, they could contact you and give you the option to pay more or cancel, but I highly doubt that). I've been a customer of theirs for over 5 years now.[/QUOTE]

So am I.

I don't distrust DD like most people, and this isn't the first time I had a backorder of a product. Although, I am a bit concerned about changes in the order status in regards to pricing, because this hasn't happened to me before.

[quote name='HeroesNoMore']Amazon.

They have been shipping them out to some but others are going to have to wait for a new shipment. That's what the rep told my brother when he called and others have been told the same according to their forums.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine in March, but they delayed my shipment and needed my approval to keep it for next week. It's really strange that they only seem to be shipping it to people who ordered in the past few weeks, but whatever.

[quote name='Prismatico']I ordered mine in March, but they delayed my shipment and needed my approval to keep it for next week. It's really strange that they only seem to be shipping it to people who ordered in the past few weeks, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I ordered mine on April 30 and as mentioned already, it's in mail. Not sure why they'd ship mine before yours but I'm not complaining (no offense).

[quote name='dandragonrage']FWIW, I ordered mine on April 30 and as mentioned already, it's in mail. Not sure why they'd ship mine before yours but I'm not complaining (no offense).[/QUOTE]

Do you by any chance has prime? Maybe they prioritize the shipment to prime members.

[quote name='dandragonrage']I do.[/QUOTE]

Well I think that explains it. I don't hv prime, but I hv one day shipping. Yet they delayed mine. :)

[quote name='Blaster man']Will this become one of those rare games?[/QUOTE]

You ever walk into any retail store and see copies of Fragile Dreams?

Me neither.

I see it's in-stock at some Best Buys and none at GameStops(only 10 online). Hmmm. I'm tempted to get one to hold onto for a bit to see if it becomes rare.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I see it's in-stock at some Best Buys and none at GameStops(only 10 online). Hmmm. I'm tempted to get one to hold onto for a bit to see if it becomes rare.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy inventory numbers showing on their URL are not correct, I double-checked this with a store near me just the other day. The only accurate assessment is to call the store directly and have someone check their inventory.

[quote name='blinknot4']You ever walk into any retail store and see copies of Fragile Dreams?

Me neither.[/QUOTE]

Ummmm I was at Frys last week and they had at least 10 copies.

[quote name='AwRy108']The Best Buy inventory numbers showing on their URL are not correct, I double-checked this with a store near me just the other day. The only accurate assessment is to call the store directly and have someone check their inventory.[/QUOTE]

Well the guy I know that works there says there is one and that goes along with the number from the website. I wish it said in-stock online so I could get it and a $10 code.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Well the guy I know that works there says there is one and that goes along with the number from the website. I wish it said in-stock online so I could get it and a $10 code.[/QUOTE]

How are you getting the $10 code? Using a filler to get over the $50 cap or am I missing something?

[quote name='sadboy']I have no idea what Setherial meant by the game "not doing well" either.

Anyway, I kept my original pre-order, and decided to order a copy of the game at DeepDiscount as well.[/QUOTE]

Well from my understanding the reviews have been pretty bad, at least on the American review sites.
I haven't actually checked myself (I lost all interest in this game after Xenoblade ended up being such a mundane, overhyped, and mediocre experience) but I've seen a couple reviews come out this past week that game the game like a 3 or 4 out of 10. The only really positive reviews I've seen for this game are fan reviews.

But again, I haven't been following this game much... Metacritic seems to like it but I suspect most of those are from European reviewers, that leads me to believe XSeed must have tampered with the localization or something?

[quote name='DestinyHero']So it went into backordered status on DDD? What are the chances of us ever getting our orders fulfilled then?[/QUOTE]

If XSeed is still printing it or still shipping out new orders (to retailers that have already been sent some orders), then I'd say reasonably likely. If they assumed it would sell poorly and didn't print enough to cover even preorders then you're obviously screwed, but I would think they wouldn't screw it up THAT badly (and would hopefully print more immediately if they did).

[quote name='kramer0731']How are you getting the $10 code? Using a filler to get over the $50 cap or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

$49.99 will work for the $10.

[quote name='Prismatico']I ordered mine in March, but they delayed my shipment and needed my approval to keep it for next week. It's really strange that they only seem to be shipping it to people who ordered in the past few weeks, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Amazon uses multiple warehouses, so it's very possible that the closest distribution center to you ran out of copies and they didn't want to incur the additional expense of shipping a longer distance. I would note that the game is listed as in-stock at Amazon, but requires 1-2 days to ship, so it is clearly not sold out by any stretch.

[quote name='blinknot4']Cool (last) story bro. :)[/QUOTE]
Like this:

"In your (fragile) dreams! :whistle2:x"

Just kidding.

Got a text from Gamestop saying it will be available Friday. =/

I probably won't even start it until a month from now but I want to make sure I get the CD preorder bonus since the Xenoblade art book went fast.

[quote name='rcerboss']But again, I haven't been following this game much... Metacritic seems to like it but I suspect most of those are from European reviewers, that leads me to believe XSeed must have tampered with the localization or something?[/QUOTE]

It just shows that a handful of American reviewers have developed an anti-Japanese agenda. I mean, Game Informer's review for The Last Story can basically be summarized as "It's an excellent JRPG but I'm giving it a low score because it's a -J-RPG." Their review of FF XIII-2 indicated that the game addressed most of their complaints from the first game yet they gave it a lower score. God of War III and Mass Effect 3 got perfect scores, though. Nah, no home field advantage there.

[quote name='Dwarf41']Well I think that explains it. I don't hv prime, but I hv one day shipping. Yet they delayed mine. :)[/QUOTE]

I have Prime, so that's not it either. Maybe it has something to do with the physical pre-order bonuses?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Ummmm I was at Frys last week and they had at least 10 copies.[/QUOTE]

Does Frys' PM deep discount? Or is it not a major enough site like Amazon?

I[quote name='Thedrknss48']Does Frys' PM deep discount? Or is it not a major enough site like Amazon?[/QUOTE]
When I asked a couple of months ago, they told me they do not price match Deep Discount. They're on a list along with some other online retailers.

Note to bring back an old thread but I just check my order today and it has been canceled. Didn't even get a notification that it was. Oh well, it was too good to be true and DD rep continues.

Mine got cancelled.

I ordered from Amazon later that same day: they shipped it later that day and I had it within 2 days; and it was the Collector's Edition.

They are a good retailer. A little slow on shipping. Back when they shipped everything for free, I used to buy the hell out of new DVDs from them--they were always cheaper than Amazon.

Since they upgraded to their new e-commerce platform and expanded their product offerings, they have added shipping fees, and while they are still cheap, they are not always the cheapest.

Still I always recommend searching for something there along with Amazon and ebay.

bread's done
Back