The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword

[quote name='007']I'd love a new Zelda in the style of 3D Dot Game Heroes... but, sadly, since that game exists, it would seem too much like a rip-off now.

My only real 'want' for a new Zelda, and I already mentioned this earlier, I don't want the WiiU Zelda to look like Twilight Princess. Give me the Skyward Sword or (preferably) Wind Waker style again. A bright game that doesn't aim for realistic graphics would look amazing in HD.[/QUOTE]

Wind Waker in HD would just be Wind Waker without the jaggies. That's not really a style you can make "prettier" without screwing with the aesthetics.

[quote name='KingBroly']Wind Waker in HD would just be Wind Waker without the jaggies. That's not really a style you can make "prettier" without screwing with the aesthetics.[/QUOTE]

That really all depends on how any type of detail is added. There are a ton of ways to, as you put it, 'pretty' up the WW style without ruining the overall aesthetic.

Either way, even if it really did just end as WW without the jaggies, I'd be fine with that. Just fine. Mmm.

[quote name='Rodimus']What about Fusion and Zero Mission? I would have to put both those ahead of Prime 2.[/QUOTE]

I kind of hated those games... I mean they were OK but I enjoyed Prime 2 much more. I think it was because of all of the hand holding and the fact that there weren't a TON of power-ups to find by bombing walls everywhere. They were good games though - certainly better than 90% of what's out there. They just disappointed me big time.

[quote name='007']That really all depends on how any type of detail is added. There are a ton of ways to, as you put it, 'pretty' up the WW style without ruining the overall aesthetic.

Either way, even if it really did just end as WW without the jaggies, I'd be fine with that. Just fine. Mmm.[/QUOTE]

Yep. A good example of cel shaded graphics in HD with a lot of detail is the Prince of Persia game from a few years back.

Yeah, but then it wouldn't be Wind Waker's style anymore. Wind Waker's look is very simple, very clean.

Also, I think it would've been better if the game would let you continue if you lost to the first boss of the game, but making it impossible to finish with 20 Hearts as an eternal mark of shame on your playthrough. That's probably just me though.

fair enough. I didn't like Wind Waker's style all that much, so I more just meant they could do cel shading in HD and get rid of jaggie's and add a lot of detail.

But I'd much prefer the next one to just have Skyward Sword's art style in HD as I'm not big on cel shading in general. I'd rather my games not look like cartoons.

I'd rather have my games have vibrant colors instead of them being dull.

I also expect Nintendo to bring out the HD remake collections in full force on Wii U. If Sony and Microsoft can shamelessly do it, why not Nintendo?

[quote name='KingBroly']I'd rather have my games have vibrant colors instead of them being dull.

I also expect Nintendo to bring out the HD remake collections in full force on Wii U. If Sony and Microsoft can shamelessly do it, why not Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo started the trend with Mario All Stars ;-)

and Mario Kart

[quote name='KingBroly']The Save Data Update Channel is up on the WSC. Break the game with extreme prejudice now.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'd rather have my games have vibrant colors instead of them being dull.

I also expect Nintendo to bring out the HD remake collections in full force on Wii U. If Sony and Microsoft can shamelessly do it, why not Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

Vibrant colors and great HD graphics with a lot of detail in the art design aren't mutually exclusive. To me the ideal look for Zelda is basically Skyward Sword in HD as the game is very colorful, has lots of detail up close and great art design. Just a jaggie mess and the terrible draw distance ruins the detail in the distance.

I like colorful graphics for games that fit it like Zelda--I just don't like them too simplistic and just looking like a kids cartoon like Wind Waker.

For other games--i.e. things set in the real world like Call of Duty--then I don't want colorful graphics but want games to keep going for photo realism. Just depends on the type of game to determine what the best fitting art style is.

As for HD remakes, I have no interest in them on any platform unless it's something I haven't played before. I don't have enough time to get to all the new games that interest me, so I don't waste anytime replaying old games with a new coat of paint.

They've been doing "remake" collections before Sony/MS even entered the console market. Mario All-Stars is probably the first remake collection ever. And I'm sure that's the main reason why the Wii U won't upscale Wii games, so that they can port over stuff like Mario Galaxy, Zelda, etc. to the console. Of course, I'd love Skyward Sword in HD so I hope they do that one first.:D

I also thought Skywards color was a bit on the dull side. Maybe that was the intent to have a more washed out look to go along with the "sky" theme.

So I'm back at Eldin Volcano...just finished the spirit quest.

How much longer do I have left? This game is starting to grate on my nerves.

How much you have left depends on what order you're doing things as we can't tell how much of the end game stuff you've done yet.

You have to go back to each of the three areas and do a spirit quest and then various things to earn the song parts.

After that there's another dungeon and then a couple of final battles after that.

Yeah, that's the last dungeon. So you just have that and the final battles. Along with any sidequests you epwant to finish up.

Got to the woods recently and am loving this game, except for the flying sections with the bird which has terrible control. Haven't played a Zelda game since Ocarana of Time.

Skyward basically looks like Kingdom Hearts, lol.

Having an amazing time btw, will be my first Zelda that I haven't dropped in a few hours. Want to try WW now as well.

Wow. After months of procrastination and picking this game up on release day, I have finally beaten the game! What a great game and story. I loved it.

I just have one regret,
this is the first Zelda game I have ever finished.

[quote name='Josh5890']Wow. After months of procrastination and picking this game up on release day, I have finally beaten the game! What a great game and story. I loved it.

I just have one regret,
this is the first Zelda game I have ever finished.
[/QUOTE]

Fitting since this is the first one in the "Zelda" timeline.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Was I the only one who thought
Demise
looked like
Oni from Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition?
[/QUOTE]I thought the exact same thing :)

I rather enjoyed everything about the game, motion controls were excellent for fights, still don't understand why people complain about the flying portions. Soundtrack gave me goosebumps, tons of stuff to do in the game and a solid challenge with bosses. The story was great as well, it helped absorb me into the game.

[quote name='maigoyume']I thought the exact same thing :)

I rather enjoyed everything about the game, motion controls were excellent for fights, still don't understand why people complain about the flying portions. Soundtrack gave me goosebumps, tons of stuff to do in the game and a solid challenge with bosses. The story was great as well, it helped absorb me into the game.[/QUOTE]

The motion controls were alright but my attachment loses its connection or needs to be reset too often.

The flying sucks because the world is barren. They should have studied Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time which does something similar (better). Honestly there is no scope to the game at all. It's really pathetic compared to Ocarina and the previous games.

I do like the cartoon graphics and 1-on-1 dueling.

[quote name='willardhaven']The motion controls were alright but my attachment loses its connection or needs to be reset too often.

The flying sucks because the world is barren. They should have studied Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time which does something similar (better). Honestly there is no scope to the game at all. It's really pathetic compared to Ocarina and the previous games.

I do like the cartoon graphics and 1-on-1 dueling.[/QUOTE]Hrm odd, the only time I ended up calibrating was when you start the game and once in a while when I'm using the beetle.

The sky area only acted as a hub so that never bothered me much, I headed straight to whichever area I needed to. The areas on the surface were pretty big as a whole and I especially enjoyed the sand desert/ocean.

bread's done
Back