The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

The load times on Lego City are like first loading GTAV whenever you enter/exit a building, or new area. My son even asked me "Daddy, why does it take so long to load?" He's only four so I have to keep his attention focused every time we hit a loading screen so that he doesn't get frustrated with the game and want to play something else. He likes the game besides that issue, though. I would not pay retail for it (even with B2G1). I got mine for 20 bones from Gamefly (looked brand new, disc and all).
Everything this guy said. They are long and the initial GTA V load is a good comparison. Your'e talking like 45+ seconds everytime and the kicker is they are more frequent if you stay on mission so your'e punished for playing the game straight. They are annoying but the game looks as good or better than most PS3/Xbox360 kids games (you can tell the Wii U has a little more power) and it's extremely well written.

I bought mine from gamefly too for 20 bucks and recommend holding out. I think its a great game but at this point I bet it will regularly be in Gamefly sales or even a BF item.

i dont use the gamepad unless i have to for things like the eshop or web browswer. on nsmbu & wwhd i use the pro controller & i use the wii remote for pikmin. i did notice even when just web searching i only got 3 or so hours of battery life. its a non issue for me though. the pro controller lasts forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont use the gamepad unless i have to for things like the eshop or web browswer. on nsmbu & wwhd i use the pro controller & i use the wii remote for pikmin. i did notice even when just web searching i only got 3 or so hours of battery life. its a non issue for me though. the pro controller lasts forever.
Zelda is so much better with the gamepad !! But I'm with you on the others the pro controller is much better on everything els.

So does anybody have any recommendations for a good but not-too-expensive screen protector for this beauty?

Also, I have absolutely zero intention to sell the WW code, but what about the Hyrule Historia code? Would that be worth anything?

So does anybody have any recommendations for a good but not-too-expensive screen protector for this beauty?

Also, I have absolutely zero intention to sell the WW code, but what about the Hyrule Historia code? Would that be worth anything?
I'd grab the Hori screen protector, their stuff is awesome.

Already got the WW LE Bundle, otherwise I would grab that Ganon statue from GS. I'll definitely be picking up Toon Link Nendoroid next year: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166946

-Edit-

Slightly off topic, but for those that like this Ganon figure, there is a CAG thread on Japanese video game figures which includes two Skyward Sword Link figures coming out this year: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/279912-japanese-vg-figure-thread-zs-samus-re-rel-out-now-link-samus-re-rel-oct-sonic-re-rel-oct-link-rah-nov/

Got an order in on the LE! YESSSS!!!!

Edit: Should also mention that the coupon code: "SAVER" works for Free Shipping.

Quite pleased to announce that the limited edition with statue is back in stock at Gamestop. Good luck.
Thank you, Thank you,THANK YOU! I HAVE to sell my digital WW/Hyrule Historia codes now, got an order in for this. YES, so happy.

Really wanted this but wasn't going to pay an ebay scalper for it. This box will look awesome next to my Zelda edition Wii U box.

Nah, you can still buy a physical copy from Amazon for $20.

Nah, you can still buy a physical copy from Amazon for $20.
Actually, the codes are going for $5 - $10 dollars. It isn't much, but something to consider. The only problem you'll face is other CAG's trying to sell theirs asap. Like the game itself is worth $50, but you can find it (with the HH) for as cheap as $30 - $35 here, which really comes down out to $25 - $30 due to reports of it counting towards the DX credit.

lol I'll just grab a Wii U like new from CL for 175 (or online for 200) and get the game separate. I see people selling the system all the time. Hell, I picked mine up on release day and sold it 2 months later myself!

Can anyone speak to this one versus the Rocketfishnone BBY sells for $8? Do either let you charge the the pad in the cradle with it on?
I bought the Rocketfish one, highly recommended. Sure it adds a little bulk to the controller but it has a kickstand built in and is crystal clear so you can see the pretty Zelda graphics on the gamepad. Also, it fits the official charge cradle with it on (unlike the Hori one, I hear). Plus it's a snap to take off and put on, has a clamshell design with 2 clasps at the bottom. I thought it was great for the price.

Is there any place that has any decent deal on this now? Newegg ran out, so it looks like local store at full retail price with tax is my best option, which is annoying since Newegg with the coupon would have saved me $40 with the coupon and tax savings.

I bought the Rocketfish one, highly recommended. Sure it adds a little bulk to the controller but it has a kickstand built in and is crystal clear so you can see the pretty Zelda graphics on the gamepad. Also, it fits the official charge cradle with it on (unlike the Hori one, I hear). Plus it's a snap to take off and put on, has a clamshell design with 2 clasps at the bottom. I thought it was great for the price.
I agree with lassiterb. I bought the $8 rocketfish hardshell case and the Wii U starter set case zip-case that BB is selling for $6. They work great together. I get protection for the gamepad when it's in use and while it sits on the shelf.

I used the Hori screen protector on the screen itself. It's the best screen protector I've ever used. There were a few small hairs under the screen after I applied it, but they still didn't create any air bubbles. Good stuff.

I agree with lassiterb. I bought the $8 rocketfish hardshell case and the Wii U starter set case zip-case that BB is selling for $6. They work great together. I get protection for the gamepad when it's in use and while it sits on the shelf.

I used the Hori screen protector on the screen itself. It's the best screen protector I've ever used. There were a few small hairs under the screen after I applied it, but they still didn't create any air bubbles. Good stuff.
Did this exact same thing ^

Seems i will go with the Rocketfish one. I will try out the Zagg shield that my bestbuy carries and have them apply it since i suck at them. 

For the record, I bought the Wii U Write & Protect kit by PDP at launch because I couldn't find anything else and I didn't want to leave the Gamepad naked.

I intended on swapping it out for a Hori or something else eventually but it seems to be working out fine, so I'll likely only replace it if it get really beat up somehow.

Did this exact same thing ^
Well I just put the shell on and it doesn't seem too bad. Don't think it would do a whole lot to actually protect anything but the paint but that's what it's there for. Would be nice if it didn't have the mystery opening under the dpad so more of the logo was covered but oh well. At least it's not too obtrusive when holding the controller.

Oh, well still odd they need a cutout for it. Does anything even use it?
Pokemon Rumble U does. Rayman Legends was shown to have some NFC features, though they seemed to only be concept. I also don't know how Skylanders / Disney Infinity works on the Wii U, but they might. All I can say 100% is that Pokemon uses it.

Pokemon Rumble U does. Rayman Legends was shown to have some NFC features, though they seemed to only be concept. I also don't know how Skylanders / Disney Infinity works on the Wii U, but they might. All I can say 100% is that Pokemon uses it.
Skylanders/Infinity still use the portals. That's weird though since I'm pretty sure phones with NFC can work through most cases but I could be wrong.

Seems i will go with the Rocketfish one. I will try out the Zagg shield that my bestbuy carries and have them apply it since i suck at them.
The rocketfish case won't fit with any kind of skin on it. I installed a Skinomi skin on the front of my gamepad and it won't close at all.

One thing I learned with these shells, make sure you take your gamepad out every now and then and wipe it down, if anything gets in there it'll scratch the hell out of the surface.

On a different note, I found some news for anyone who's upgrading to the Zelda bundle. It is possible to transfer content from one system to another if you have both of them. You can either send both systems in to Nintendo, with them paying the shipping, and have your system data and game saves transferred over, or you can give them the serial numbers of the source and target systems and your user name and they'll transfer the licenses and credit to your new one for you. You will lose your game saves though. I had this done today, they told me it would take 2-5 days to do it, but I received an email from them within an hour telling me to set up my account on the new system. My credit was in the e-shop on the new system and all of my downloads were in my history to download again.

The rocketfish case won't fit with any kind of skin on it. I installed a Skinomi skin on the front of my gamepad and it won't close at all.

One thing I learned with these shells, make sure you take your gamepad out every now and then and wipe it down, if anything gets in there it'll scratch the hell out of the surface.

On a different note, I found some news for anyone who's upgrading to the Zelda bundle. It is possible to transfer content from one system to another if you have both of them. You can either send both systems in to Nintendo, with them paying the shipping, and have your system data and game saves transferred over, or you can give them the serial numbers of the source and target systems and your user name and they'll transfer the licenses and credit to your new one for you. You will lose your game saves though. I had this done today, they told me it would take 2-5 days to do it, but I received an email from them within an hour telling me to set up my account on the new system. My credit was in the e-shop on the new system and all of my downloads were in my history to download again.
That's insane. I just can't believe that these are the alternatives they chose to just establishing a proper account system.

Newegg got the bundles back in stock, but the promo codes have expired. $299.99 plus free shipping and no tax is still the best deal on the net I can find, but I'm trying to decide if I want to be impatient and just pay the tax and buy from a local store.

Nintendo is having a Nintendo Direct in an hour, id say theres a 50/50 chance we see a new bundle for like Mario 3D World.

There have been some all but confirmed rumors of a bundle with New Super Mario Wii U and Luigi U. I'd rather have the Zelda bundle myself.

There have been some all but confirmed rumors of a bundle with New Super Mario Wii U and Luigi U. I'd rather have the Zelda bundle myself.
I had ordered this Zelda bundle but cancelled because of this. I figure there's either going to be a bundle like this and/or some ridiculous Black Friday deal that would make me regret buying this one.

New update to play Wii games on the GamePad makes this bundle more appealing...just curious how it works though: is there a sensor bar in the Gamepad, because how would it detect you waving the Wiimote around and pointing at the little screen?

bread's done
Back