The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

:\ You people need to call Nintendo and suggest they stop doing exclusives with GameStop. Even if they charged $5 more than the price Nintendo announced, that's still messed up. They're taking advantage of us. I'd much rather have bought the LE on Amazon or something. I really hate dealing with GS. I just gave in this time because I'd rather spend $65 now than some crazy asking price when these hit eBay. They have all these streetpass and download events at BestBuy, why not give BB these exclusives? Reward Zone kicks the crap out of PUR. The Xenoblade thing was another issue. They were the only ones to carry it then when they restocked, they decided to sell it at nearly double the price.

>\ Damnit, Nintendo.. make better marketing decisions!

Last edited by a moderator:
:\ You people need to call Nintendo and suggest they stop doing exclusives with GameStop. Even if they charged $5 more than the price Nintendo announced, that's still messed up. They're taking advantage of us. I'd much rather have bought the LE on Amazon or something. I really hate dealing with GS. I just gave in this time because I'd rather spend $65 now than some crazy asking price when these hit eBay. They have all these streetpass and download events at BestBuy, why not give BB these exlusives? Reward Zone kicks the crap out of PUR.
how about you make the first call and start the revolution..

:\ You people need to call Nintendo and suggest they stop doing exclusives with GameStop. Even if they charged $5 more than the price Nintendo announced, that's still messed up. They're taking advantage of us. I'd much rather have bought the LE on Amazon or something. I really hate dealing with GS. I just gave in this time because I'd rather spend $65 now than some crazy asking price when these hit eBay. They have all these streetpass and download events at BestBuy, why not give BB these exclusives? Reward Zone kicks the crap out of PUR. The Xenoblade thing was another issue. They were the only ones to carry it then when they restocked, they decided to sell it at nearly double the price.

>\ Damnit, Nintendo.. make better marketing decisions!
Yeah here is the thing Gamestop still account for a large amount of their products sold. When they do things like this its a thank you.

Edit Also The X1 polices prove money talks if you don't like something everyone has to collectively not buy the product.

Yeah here is the thing Gamestop still account for a large amount of their products sold. When they do things like this its a thank you.

Edit Also The X1 polices prove money talks if you don't like something everyone has to collectively not buy the product.
I'm not going to refute that they sell a lot of games but places like TRU or Amazon obviously contribute huge sales too. Back with the Skyward Sword LE, they offered it at many retailers. I think GS's got enough thank you from them. -_- Everytime I go to GameStop and someone asks for help to select a game, the employees seem to always steer them away from Nintendo titles.

You will probably have better luck writing to other retailers to let them know that you want to buy more exclusive nintendo merchandise from them and persuading their buyers to be more aggressive with carrying Nintendo products.

Everyone that hates to shop at GS should stop and think for a moment. Local shopping for games has really gotten quite bad lately. Best Buy has dwindled to nothing and KMart and Sears are basically gone. It would only be Target and Walmart. They are too small in selection for my taste. Sales can be good and clearance items are nice but the big stores need MORE.

Trade ins would be zero.

Internet would be your only option. Doesn't anyone appreciate instant gratification?

I hate full price or inflated prices but I do like picking up a new game over the weekend to play today.

This is probably a stupid question but I have to ask it, on the deluxe digital promotion section of the wii u site it says

Earn points when you buy downloadable games and content at the Nintendo eShop on a Wii U Deluxe Set. Points are earned on both games published by Nintendo and other publishers.
And another line under that it says

Purchase direct at the Nintendo eShop

Purchase a download code at a store

Purchase a download code at an online retailer

>

Download from the Wii U Nintendo eShop
Does that mean you will get a 10% credit in your Wii U eshop account for the Wind Waker digital code that comes with this or are these codes different from the ones you could buy in a store?

Well, I may regret this later, but I bit on this offer.

Between the rerelease of Wind Waker with reduced sailing times, a few games coming out that I'm interested in, Rayman Legends, and the ability to play games on the gamepad screen while I'm watching over my soon to be born daughter, I just couldn't resist.

The Zelda stencil job on the controller is a nice bonus on top.

Decided to order from Newegg. Hoping that they will come through with the preorder this time.
You won't regret it. And when your new daughter (congrats by the way!) asks you years later if she was the best thing ever that happened to you in your life you can say, "not even close. It's the Zelda edish Wii U I bought from Newegg by FAR." Don't you want that conversation to happen? Absolutely.

This is probably a stupid question but I have to ask it, on the deluxe digital promotion section of the wii u site it says

And another line under that it says

Does that mean you will get a 10% credit in your Wii U eshop account for the Wind Waker digital code that comes with this or are these codes different from the ones you could buy in a store?
It may...I'm not sure yet. If I bought Super Luigi U as a download code from Gamestop and applied the code to my Wii U, I would get credit for it on the Wii U premium Promo (just did it recently). But for a pack-in game.. hmm... I doubt it. You didn't get the 50 coins from the NintendoLand pack in either, but you did get the post-play coins and survey for NintendoLand which was good.

Anyone know if the bundle comes with the charging stand?
I believe it does, based on the listing on Newegg's site.

In the Features you can find the following:

Limited Edition Set Includes:
- Black Wii U Console
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Wii U GamePad
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Full Game Download
- The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Digital Download
- Wii U AC Adapter
- Wii U GamePad AC Adapter
- High Speed HDMI Cable
- Sensor Bar
- Wii U GamePad Cradle
- Wii U GamePad Stand Support
- Wii U Console Stand

Bold emphasis mine. Info taken from: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100140

You won't regret it. And when your new daughter (congrats by the way!) asks you years later if she was the best thing ever that happened to you in your life you can say, "not even close. It's the Zelda edish Wii U I bought from Newegg by FAR." Don't you want that conversation to happen? Absolutely.
Well, that did make me laugh, so kudos.

... Sort of regretting chiming in, so I'll just return to my normal lurking for a year or so.

Well, that did make me laugh, so kudos.

... Sort of regretting chiming in, so I'll just return to my normal lurking for a year or so.
Oh man! Don't regret chiming in! I'm glad you did. Yeah I was kidding, but I'm super stoked I'm picking up a Zelda Wii U too. Plus you're going to be a dad soon and that's the greatest thing ever. I'm stoked for you.

It may...I'm not sure yet. If I bought Super Luigi U as a download code from Gamestop and applied the code to my Wii U, I would get credit for it on the Wii U premium Promo (just did it recently). But for a pack-in game.. hmm... I doubt it. You didn't get the 50 coins from the NintendoLand pack in either, but you did get the post-play coins and survey for NintendoLand which was good.
Oh well, I guess I was asking for too much free stuff. Thanks for the response.

Oh man, I pre ordered this the other day, and I didn't even know it had everything else from the original deluxe like the stand and digital promo! That's pretty awesome, especially with gamestop's current sale of Nintendo Land too

I was on vacation last week, and, missed the Special Edition with the statue. :cry:

Ugh....my only hope is to watch around release and hope I can get in on a canceled order copy.
Don't worry, Gamestop got's your back. In 1 year you'll see these on the shelves preowned for nearly $100

I had one preorded at BB and probably would have kept it, but I just felt like it wasn't enough of a  LE console.  I mean am I missing something or is the only physical bonus the stenciling on the tablet controller?  I mean the digital Historia will be online elsewhere within minutes if it's not already (I'm sure it's at least in a scanned version) so as bad as that sounds that means nothing to me, and then game itself is just the download as well.

Yes yes it's only $300 and the same price but when I can get a "like new" used one for $250 with Pikmin 3, an official pro controller, and a wiimote+/nunchuk included (all in original packaging, which is $410 new) it seems a little bit of a waste of money just for stenciling on the gamepad.  Maybe if they had included a Link figure or even the same Gannon one from the disc version or something.  Shoot I would have rather paid $350 (and the standard deluxe drop $50) for some more physical extras.  Even maybe if the whole console was designed in a Zelda theme like MS had the themed 360's and added in some extra HDD space...just something.

I'll just stick with the used one I got for now (should be here later this week!), use the $50 I saved to get WW, and enjoy the fact that I don't have to buy a pro controller or a wiimote/nunchuk.  Kudos to all that are excited of it though I'm not trying to knock you, this is just me...I was excited for a bit too but the good used deals I was finding were just too much to pass up for stenciling.

I ended up cancelling my Gamestop order (shipping killed it) and ordering from Newegg, then cancelled that too to buy it from Best Buy.

I purchased a few BB gift cards from people on another site (for 90% value) to make up the price difference. My thought is, if I end up not wanting it after it has arrived at my apartment, I have a B&M store I can return it to. I didn't want the hassle of sending it back to an online store.

But, I'm confident (like any other Zelda item)...it will end up a collectors item if I keep it sealed. I like Zelda stuff...

I ended up cancelling my Gamestop order (shipping killed it) and ordering from Newegg, then cancelled that too to buy it from Best Buy.

I purchased a few BB gift cards from people on another site (for 90% value) to make up the price difference. My thought is, if I end up not wanting it after it has arrived at my apartment, I have a B&M store I can return it to. I didn't want the hassle of sending it back to an online store.

But, I'm confident (like any other Zelda item)...it will end up a collectors item if I keep it sealed. I like Zelda stuff...
That's my only thing...if I bought it I'd keep it sealed as a collector's item. It'll take a while to cool off, maybe even a few years (already on ebay people are trying to sell'em for around $500), but I'm sure it'll go up in value.

I had one preorded at BB and probably would have kept it, but I just felt like it wasn't enough of a LE console. I mean am I missing something or is the only physical bonus the stenciling on the tablet controller? I mean the digital Historia will be online elsewhere within minutes if it's not already (I'm sure it's at least in a scanned version) so as bad as that sounds that means nothing to me, and then game itself is just the download as well.

Yes yes it's only $300 and the same price but when I can get a "like new" used one for $250 with Pikmin 3, an official pro controller, and a wiimote+/nunchuk included (all in original packaging, which is $410 new) it seems a little bit of a waste of money just for stenciling on the gamepad. Maybe if they had included a Link figure or even the same Gannon one from the disc version or something. Shoot I would have rather paid $350 (and the standard deluxe drop $50) for some more physical extras. Even maybe if the whole console was designed in a Zelda theme like MS had the themed 360's and added in some extra HDD space...just something.
Where can you find a used deluxe for that cheap with Pikmin 3? I'll buy it.

Where can you find a used deluxe for that cheap with Pikmin 3? I'll buy it.
Found a Deluxe, Pikmin 3, Wiimote+/Nunchuk, Pro Controller, bundle for $300 on eBay. I messaged the guy and asked him he knew the console was dropping $50 on the 20th. I told him if he'd drop it a bit I'd buy it from him right now. He offered to drop it the full $50 as long as I still paid shipping (which was almost as much as tax is anyway) so I said hell yeah! I just bid it up as far as it would let me then he ended it early and charged me extra on the invoice to make it the price we agreed upon.

Very sweet deal! Getting it tomorrow and already found good deals on a bunch of games (some new, some used) so looking forward to tomorrow afternoon!

Found a Deluxe, Pikmin 3, Wiimote+/Nunchuk, Pro Controller, bundle for $300 on eBay. I messaged the guy and asked him he knew the console was dropping $50 on the 20th. I told him if he'd drop it a bit I'd buy it from him right now. He offered to drop it the full $50 as long as I still paid shipping (which was almost as much as tax is anyway) so I said hell yeah! I just bid it up as far as it would let me then he ended it early and charged me extra on the invoice to make it the price we agreed upon.

Very sweet deal! Getting it tomorrow and already found good deals on a bunch of games (some new, some used) so looking forward to tomorrow afternoon!
Nice! Definitely check out Rayman.. game is so awesome.

I had one preorded at BB and probably would have kept it, but I just felt like it wasn't enough of a LE console. I mean am I missing something or is the only physical bonus the stenciling on the tablet controller? I mean the digital Historia will be online elsewhere within minutes if it's not already (I'm sure it's at least in a scanned version) so as bad as that sounds that means nothing to me, and then game itself is just the download as well.

Yes yes it's only $300 and the same price but when I can get a "like new" used one for $250 with Pikmin 3, an official pro controller, and a wiimote+/nunchuk included (all in original packaging, which is $410 new) it seems a little bit of a waste of money just for stenciling on the gamepad. Maybe if they had included a Link figure or even the same Gannon one from the disc version or something. Shoot I would have rather paid $350 (and the standard deluxe drop $50) for some more physical extras. Even maybe if the whole console was designed in a Zelda theme like MS had the themed 360's and added in some extra HDD space...just something.

I'll just stick with the used one I got for now (should be here later this week!), use the $50 I saved to get WW, and enjoy the fact that I don't have to buy a pro controller or a wiimote/nunchuk. Kudos to all that are excited of it though I'm not trying to knock you, this is just me...I was excited for a bit too but the good used deals I was finding were just too much to pass up for stenciling.
I feel the same way. I was stoked when I heard there was a limited edition bundle coming out, but to me....the most attractive part of the package is the box lol. The gamepad is nice, but nothing special enough to make it a must own like the gold Skyward Sword controller was. After that I am far from a fan of digital downloads especially for Nintendo which ties the download to the system and not a personal account. I wanted to get a Wii U before the end of the year so I'm still debating on getting this and selling the download codes together for like $40, or just wait for black Friday in hopes of a $50 gc deal or another bundle deal.

Really? I'm shocked. I thought the SS remote was kind of tacky, I passed on it a few times...obviously wish I had it now, but I love the look of the Wii U LE game pad. Especially since it matches so well with the LE 3DS.

Really? I'm shocked. I thought the SS remote was kind of tacky, I passed on it a few times...obviously wish I had it now, but I love the look of the Wii U LE game pad. Especially since it matches so well with the LE 3DS.
I agree on the gamepad. There's just enough going on with the Zelda theme but its not to the point where it is totally in your face. I do kinda wish the console itself had something though. Even if it would only be like a small triforce or something

I agree on the gamepad. There's just enough going on with the Zelda theme but its not to the point where it is totally in your face. I do kinda wish the console itself had something though. Even if it would only be like a small triforce or something
I agree that the console not having ANYTHING was a huge miss. Just so it seemed like a bundle than a Deluxe with a Zelda Gamepad. Xbox and PS3 have had themed controllers with the console. Has Nintendo done this before on their consoles? The DS has had plenty of them but Wii just had different colors.

Im still not sure what to do as a current Deluxe owner. Do I really need 2 Wii Us?

Nice! Definitely check out Rayman.. game is so awesome.
Played the demo on my 360 and I loved it. I wasn't really a fan of Origins but this one seems a lot better. I can see how it would be a lot more fun on the Wii U too so I'll definitely get it for that. I'm stacked for a bit though (found some good deals on Amazon on some new games) so I'll be fine waiting until it's a bit cheaper.

I feel the same way. I was stoked when I heard there was a limited edition bundle coming out, but to me....the most attractive part of the package is the box lol. The gamepad is nice, but nothing special enough to make it a must own like the gold Skyward Sword controller was. After that I am far from a fan of digital downloads especially for Nintendo which ties the download to the system and not a personal account. I wanted to get a Wii U before the end of the year so I'm still debating on getting this and selling the download codes together for like $40, or just wait for black Friday in hopes of a $50 gc deal or another bundle deal.
If you need it new I'd definitely wait, but like I just proved if you're patient and stalk eBay for a bit and aren't afraid to pose some deals to some of the sellers you can find some amazing deals out there on used ones.

I'm with you guys, too. I wish the console had some detail on it, but I can live with the special game pad. Is it the 20th yet?!??!!??

I also think the system itself should show a little more Zelda-ness to it, but I am comparing it to the Zelda SS Gold Wiimote bundle also...people want it because of the wiimote only really. Everything else is the same. So, the Wiiu gamepad should be something people want down the line.

I also think the system itself should show a little more Zelda-ness to it, but I am comparing it to the Zelda SS Gold Wiimote bundle also...people want it because of the wiimote only really. Everything else is the same. So, the Wiiu gamepad should be something people want down the line.
Yeah I mean I wouldn't have wanted the tablet gold or anything...just something. Maybe a gold triforce on the bottom or top and then something on the console itself. Seems like there's a lot of little touches they could have done.

Make the eject button a triforce logo, master sword along the USB door, shield logo on the top, maybe some gold highlights, zelda startup sounds...just something.

i was going to pick up one to sell with one of the limited edition ww's i preordered, but it seems the usual zelda collectors arent showing much interest. hopefully the real wii u zelda has a better themed bundle.

Just traded my launch wii u into GameStop for the new LE zelda one . $75 out of pocket to upgrade seems like a good deal to a zelda fan

I don't own a Wii U so Zelda edition + price drop + WW remake = sold. I'm not sure what I'd do if I were in the same boat as most that already own one. I didn't bite on the Zelda edition 3ds because I had my launch one. I did though, months after the XL came out upgrade from my original. This is one of those tough decisions because you know it's Zelda it will probably be hard to come by unless you preorder. I am not a huge Zelda fanboy like others but I do agree they missed big time on adding something nice to the physical console. The gamepad though is awesome. 

ok then thats not so bad. considering you get the game which costs $50, you are really only paying for the tablet controller for an extra $25.
yeah I'm happy I did it . Plus all the club nintendo and pur points you get . Also a brand new warranty on the console

Is Wii U to Wii U transfer now possible (or did you engage CSR)? My google skill is failing.
I don't own much off eshop so didn't worry about it . Held off on eshop purchases because of the pain of transferring stuff with Nintendo . Sure wish they would get more like psn & xlive because I would for sure buy more off eshop .

I have about $250 in GS store credit.

Which options would you go with.

1) 3Ds XL + Zelda Link between worlds
Or
2) Wii U WW bundle

Or just put it towards Ps4 or x1? Just not feeling any release games at this moment

I have about $250 in GS store credit.

Which options would you go with.

1) 3Ds XL + Zelda Link between worlds
Or
2) Wii U WW bundle

Or just put it towards Ps4 or x1? Just not feeling any release games at this moment
Unless you are an ultimate Zelda fan who needs all the collector's swag I'd go for the 3DSXL. I think A Link Between Worlds will be a winner, and the 3DS has so many more gaming options than the WiiU/PS4/One. You can still preorder the Pokemon 3dsxl unit to have something special to play on as well!

^ Completely agree with everything said. If you truly just want to play games, the 3DS is your machine. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best system currently available, and that is doubled by the fact that you can tap into the entire DS library as well.

bread's done
Back