The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

my gamestop has my bundles already in the back room. they wont break street date though. guess i just have to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did check my closest TRU on the way home from work today and they had zero on display. Thought I'd look for the hell of it.
I called one near me. The guy said they definitely got them in today, but wasn't sure of the release date so he went to look. He knew.... though you may find a dumb one and the odds probably increase on a Tuesday since it's the usual release date.

If you are calling stores might as well ask how many unit they got.  That will help use determine the rarity of the system

Yeah I didn't ask. I just stopped by based on an earlier poster's comment. I preordered mine from BB for in store pickup on Friday as soon as I could,

My best buy said they had 8 they would get from online orders, but only 4 were pre ordered after me and another guy got them just then

My nearest Target had them in the display case just now. As I asked an employee to open it for me, a more knowledgeable one intervened and correctly told me it was due out Friday.

We chatted a bit, then. They only got two for the entire store. I'm now thinking that this will be a case of manufactured scarcity like the Pikachu model 3DS's.

They let me put my name on one of those two (with the one employee hoping to get the other himself). I'm taking the plunge.

The download code probably doesn't even work yet.
Actually... it probably does.

The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4 with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a suggested retail price of $49.99. GameStop is also offering an exclusive Ganondorf figurine bundled with the packaged game at a suggested retail price of $54.99.
I guess Nintendo is going to continue to push their DD by offering games early. Not an awful idea, though I can't say waiting a few weeks or a month is enough to stop me from getting physical releases. However! The Wonderful 101 has me worried. While Pikmin 3 / Super Mario Bros. U had manuals, Super Luigi U and The Wonderful 101 both have digital manuals. Hopefully this is just Nintendo being cheap or we might be looking at Nintendo killing off the manual. =[

I called one near me. The guy said they definitely got them in today, but wasn't sure of the release date so he went to look. He knew.... though you may find a dumb one and the odds probably increase on a Tuesday since it's the usual release date.

You might want to add in that you're basically wasting your time. Target, BestBuy and Walmart should have the register block the transaction due to street date. I haven't read this topic to see if someone has actually managed to get one like that, but the odds of finding it, having someone okay with selling you it and not having the computer block it are almost nonexistent.

Actually... it probably does.
Do you think that The Wind Waker is available on Nintendo's servers yet?

I would imagine that they'd only "activate" it on September 19th at the earliest.

Unless perhaps the codes that are sent out to the press aren't specifically flagged as press codes.

I'm now thinking that this will be a case of manufactured scarcity like the Pikachu model 3DS's.
Well I mean, it is called a "Limited Edition", after all.

Do you think that The Wind Waker is available on Nintendo's servers yet?

I would imagine that they'd only "activate" it on September 19th at the earliest.

Unless perhaps the codes that are sent out to the press aren't specifically flagged as press codes.

Well I mean, it is called a "Limited Edition", after all.
Well people have digital copies of it, so it's 100% on the server. Nintendo also isn't exactly known for having the best online system, so I could see the codes being active. Not that it really matters either or, since I've seen Sony fail to have working press codes the day AFTER the game released. I just assume Nintendo left it open to prevent any problems with console owners and assumed no one breaks / broke the street date.

Well people have digital copies of it, so it's 100% on the server. Nintendo also isn't exactly known for having the best online system, so I could see the codes being active. Not that it really matters either or, since I've seen Sony fail to have working press codes the day AFTER the game released. I just assume Nintendo left it open to prevent any problems with console owners and assumed no one breaks / broke the street date.
I was able to grab the console Sunday at my local toys r us. I tried the code that night and just tried it again now before posting. When I put it in it tells me the item associated with that code is not currently being distributed. So it seems like the game is locked until it releases on the Eshop Friday.

Well the in-store pick-up for the Best Buys around me have mostly dried up and say "Not Available" so there must a decent limit on how many were made.

Well the in-store pick-up for the Best Buys around me have mostly dried up and say "Not Available" so there must a decent limit on how many were made.
The guy at my best buy said their system was not letting them allow pre orders...so take that how you will

Hmm, I wonder if that's an in-store thing. I was able to pre-order mine for pick-up last week. And there are still a few stores on my list that say you can, but the rest are now tapped-out unlike last week.

And I should also say, either way, as long as I get mine, I'm happy. I'm not looking to hoard or resell, just want mine to use and finally play some Wii U games.

Bestbuy i work at got 10 in on monday. I live in a middle sized city, but thats quite a few more than the animal crossing or pikachu xl's

That's odd, I live about an hour north of Dallas, Tx and have one store in my area, but looking at at which stores in the Dallas area still have it available for friday pickup, around 80% of them still do

Is this even a popular bundle?

I also called my local Game stop and they said they have not run out of it. I bet they currently have some or several in stock already but just cant release it now.

Maybe I will order in store tomorrow

Is this even a popular bundle?

I also called my local Game stop and they said they have not run out of it. I bet they currently have some or several in stock already but just cant release it now.

Maybe I will order in store tomorrow
Well It's combining a unique game pad with the $50 price drop, and you get Zelda instead of Nintendo Land.

It's the most interest I've seen in a Wii U console since launch, so It's good for Nintendo. I can't imagine them limiting it too much if it sells out very fast, then again the EU is rumored to get New Mario U + Luigi U combo for the same price as this bundle.

I was able to grab the console Sunday at my local toys r us. I tried the code that night and just tried it again now before posting. When I put it in it tells me the item associated with that code is not currently being distributed. So it seems like the game is locked until it releases on the Eshop Friday.
How were you able to buy it?

Two of the six Bestbuys I frequent still have it available to be preordered for instore pickup.

Has anyone heard if Gamestop reopened LE preorders instore?

Im a day one Wii U owner, im so jealous of you guys getting the Wind Waker version. Woulda dreamt for this last november lol.

How were you able to buy it?

Two of the six Bestbuys I frequent still have it available to be preordered for instore pickup.

Has anyone heard if Gamestop reopened LE preorders instore?
Just walked into my local toys r us as I was killing time waiting on my brother and I went over to the electronics and they had 6 in the case. Asked the girl working the cash regsters there if I could buy one and she said yes. Rang me up and it went through no problem. Two more of them sold while I was still there. So i assume it's just the store breaking street date.

GameStop called me up today and told me that the bundle won't be available until 9/22. The employee stated that Nintendo sent GameStop a memo to move the launch date.
Your GameStop told you quite the whopper..

Just walked into my local toys r us as I was killing time waiting on my brother and I went over to the electronics and they had 6 in the case. Asked the girl working the cash regsters there if I could buy one and she said yes. Rang me up and it went through no problem. Two more of them sold while I was still there. So i assume it's just the store breaking street date.
This is def YMMV since my local TRU told me it was not being released until friday

I am just glad my roommate bought my wii u for 200, he knows the whole deal. He is cool with getting a new system and used pad. Zelda Wii U here I come :D

I have this bundle pre ordered but I'm not sure if I am going to be picking it up. On one hand, GTAV should keep me busy for a long time, and Pokemon X/Y is coming out soon, plus I am getting the limited X/Y XL. On the other hand, I just REAAALLY want a Wii U lol. The CAG inside me just thinks I should wait for Black Friday, but I'm still not sure.

This is def YMMV since my local TRU told me it was not being released until friday

I am just glad my roommate bought my wii u for 200, he knows the whole deal. He is cool with getting a new system and used pad. Zelda Wii U here I come :D
Same here. Sold my Wii U for 200 to get the Zelda Bundle. Now; should I sell the DD code? I already have the statue bundle per-ordered.

Same here. Sold my Wii U for 200 to get the Zelda Bundle. Now; should I sell the DD code? I already have the statue bundle per-ordered.
With the lame way Nintendo handles DD stuff (download is tied to the physical console, not your account) I'm staying away from it as much as possible. Personally I'd sell the code and pick up a physical copy of the game.

My friend works at Gamestop. He said that there are 12 preorders and they got 18 Wii U bundles.

This is a photo he took

993703_522232784511697_473954266_n.jpg

Yeah! and I don't care about the codes attached to the console and not the account. I will be playing this on FRIDAY! I think I will not be selling this Wii U like I did with my launch one. The good games are coming.

C'mon you're kinda getting it for free. 

With the lame way Nintendo handles DD stuff (download is tied to the physical console, not your account) I'm staying away from it as much as possible. Personally I'd sell the code and pick up a physical copy of the game.
Yeah I love nintendo but with how hard they are selling digital they need to tie it to your account not the console. But it didnt stop me from getting this bundle :/

Always amazes me that employees are so willing to break the street date and lose their job. Though to be fair I somehow thought this was launching THursday, not Friday. Oh well an extra day to wait.

My friend works at Gamestop. He said that there are 12 preorders and they got 18 Wii U bundles.
So much for being limited. I don't think any Gamestop location got more than 4 of the Pikachu bundles. Combined with the fact that this is going to be available at many retailers, I suspect this will be around for at least a little while.

Oh it will be limited. I mean, I got my Zelda 3DS a while after launch so I think the two systems will be about comparable.

Oh it will be limited. I mean, I got my Zelda 3DS a while after launch so I think the two systems will be about comparable.
Unlikely. The Zelda 3DS was only really available at Gamestop and Best Buy and I don't think any Gamestop received more than a handful. This particular bundle is available at every major retailer. Actually, I'm pleased that it appears to not be so limited as it will allow people who actually want one to get one and the flippers will be screwed.

I think Nintendo has to keep these coming, the Wii U is in a desperate position right now and I think many consumers would rather have the WW Deluxe version rather than the Nintendo Land Deluxe.

The only thing that might negate that is a Mario 3D World bundle which IMO is coming. The Wind Waker might be limited if they plan on replacing it with Mario 3D World bundle. I know Europe is getting a New Super Mario Bros U + Luigi U bundle. American retailers dont like multiple SKUs so the Wind Waker is temporary until something else replaces it. 

Unlikely. The Zelda 3DS was only really available at Gamestop and Best Buy and I don't think any Gamestop received more than a handful. This particular bundle is available at every major retailer. Actually, I'm pleased that it appears to not be so limited as it will allow people who actually want one to get one and the flippers will be screwed.
Well I was able to get two Zelda 3DS' three weeks later at a very busy Best But in the Minneapolis Subrubs just weeks before Christmas. At the end if the day, when Nintendo says Limited Edition, they mean it. They might be around for a few weeks, but I wouldn't bet any more than that.

Man, I loved phantom hourglass and never played wind waker AND that pic EvilMaki posted is very nice. All of a sudden I have a jonesin' for an impulse buy.

What was a little weird was that the GS guy said it will be here Friday. I bet they already have some and just cant sell it yet.

I asked if about order deadline and he said as long as its not "last minute".

Says if I don't reserve last the night before.

Anyway I then asked if they ship these via overnight shipping, he said sometimes. ...

Hmmmmm

So I bet he has some in stock LOL

I hope it's limited, i really tried to get the zelda 3ds but it was impossible.. if limited edition consoles are difficult to obtain for people living in america, it's harder for people living outside it, i got the money on time to buy this one thanks to my graduation, well if it's not as limited as other consoles the design is quite beautiful, and man, that box :L.

On the one hand I want the Wii U and play Sleeping dogs, On the other hand I want a Pokemon 3ds Xl and Pokemon Y or I could just wait for the PS4.

bread's done
Back