The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

A Best Buy in my area had about 5 or 6 of them out on their shelf on Monday 9/16. When I asked about it at Customer Service, they said they were not supposed to be out. Each and everyone one of them was probably a pre-order. They had spider wrap tightly locked around the boxes which damaged the box for each of them. I would be careful ordering online and choosing in-store pickup, especially if you care about the condition of the box. I told Customer service that they were probably going to tick off a bunch of customers since they damaged the boxes with spider wrap, because they chose to prematurely put them out on a shelf and in the open. What a stupid practice. I wish Best Buy would realize the value of some of their limited or special edition items and just keep them locked up instead up using that stupid spider wrap. Those things don't prevent someone from stealing anything anyway. If a thief wants one, they will find a way to cut the lines and steal it and walk right out the door with it.
As soon as they cut the line, the alarm will sound and it will definitely draw the attention of the employees. Those things are LOUD. I purchased a game awhile back where the store forgot to take the spider wrap off. I didn't notice it until I got home. Since it was a 20+ minute drive back to the store, I just cut the thing off and the alarm was ridiculously loud. I had to beat the crap out of the thing with a hammer to finally get it to shut up.

It may seem stupid to us, but for these stores it may be a needed line of defense depending on the area.

Just got back from my local Best Buy and they only had 3 so I suggest heading out asap if you want a system. I guess these really are limited.
this is not limited at all.. like I said my bestbuy had 15 of them.. all stores I went to had them.. no one is buying this.

It will sell out eventually, maybe a few days/weeks but no reason to "rush"

hmm bestbuy.com already sold out might suggests it is worth picking it up now instead of waiting.

it's not sold out at bestbuy.com?? also looking at bestbuy instore inventory every store around me has this available

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as they cut the line, the alarm will sound and it will definitely draw the attention of the employees. Those things are LOUD. I purchased a game awhile back where the store forgot to take the spider wrap off. I didn't notice it until I got home. Since it was a 20+ minute drive back to the store, I just cut the thing off and the alarm was ridiculously loud. I had to beat the crap out of the thing with a hammer to finally get it to shut up.
It may seem stupid to us, but for these stores it may be a needed line of defense depending on the area.
That's hilarious

That's hilarious

Mine has not been processed and they site already lists them out of stock.

Edit: I just called newegg and they say that the shipment has not arrived to their warehouse yet or not yet been processed in the warehouse. He told me the warehouse is not yet open and should be opening in about an hour.

As long as I get it I could care less when it arrives.

So I cancelled the newegg order and ordered it at best buy for instore pickup.

fuck this shit I got four games at home I and want to play this thing this weekend.
Anyone's newegg order shipped out yet?
I preordered the console from newegg and mine hasn't been sent yet so I canceled and went to bestbuy.

I purchased GTA V console from newegg and it was never sent even though the game has been out for days. I called newegg to ask why it wasn't sent yet even though I had preordered it days before. They told me they send preorders in the order that they were placed and they let people preorder items even if they don't have the stock. Why they let people preorder more than their stock I have no idea, but this is a common problem with them.

this is not limited at all.. like I said my bestbuy had 15 of them.. all stores I went to had them.. no one is buying this.

it's not sold out at bestbuy.com?? also looking at bestbuy instore inventory every store around me has this available
Sold out everywhere here. I got the last one on my local Best Buy

there is a glitch in their system, i wouldn't bet on it be correct. If you missed out on it , it is your own fault. since there was ample time to get it.

there is a glitch in their system, i wouldn't bet on it be correct. If you missed out on it , it is your own fault. since there was ample time to get it.
it's not a glitch, my bestbuy had 15 of them.

plus I just added it to cart on bestbuy.com for shipping and there was no problem with it.

still available to buy on bestbuy.com

target.com

walmart.com

gamestop.com

this is not hard to get lol, no one will miss out on this.

Every single Bestbuy around me has it in stock. To me it seems that this might be a tad easier to get than say the Pikachu 3DS XL. Nintendo is kinda desperate right now and every sale counts, it wouldnt make sense to create a very limited SKU especially considering it is the same price as the normal Wii U Deluxe. The Zelda 3DS bundle was a little more pricier than the regular 3DS.

With that said, I still wouldnt sit around to buy it if you want it. Get it while it lasts. because Wind Waker is a much better game than Nintendo Land.

I was the first preorder at my local Gamestop and I was the first person to pick it up just now.  I don't think there is a lot of demand right now, but think of this as the Zelda OoT 3DS bundle.  It will eventually be sought after, but at the moment you'll be able to find it in stores for a few weeks.  I remember seeing the Zelda 3DS as far out as a month after its release and it came out around the holiday season.   Back then the 3DS just wasn't that popular and it's the same situation now with the Wii U.  Things will pick up after 3D Mario, Smash, and Mario Kart but for right now it's just dead in the water.  

Just got back from the Best Buy by the Galleria in Houston. I saw 10 bundles, and there may have been a few more behind a stack, but I could not tell.

Anyone having problems with Wind Waker HD Download? Mine stopped at 95%. And says theres a server error, The Network may be busy
i have 8 minutes remaining on my download, I'll update you on how it goes.

Edit: Downloaded with no problems, now installing, but its been stuck on the halfway mark for a little over 5 mintues.

It was sold out this morning

I am sure it is NOT as Limited as Flippers hoped it would be.

I am okay with that ;-)
Same here, I preordered one but don't really care if its available now or not. It will be more available in a year or two just due to limited release but I prefer this amount availability so that people who want one can get one.

I got mine and Best Buy in store pick up and as I was walking out the door, some lady from Nintendo ran up and asked if she could take my picture with the box

Picked up mine at Target at opening this morning. The one with my name on it from Tuesday (when they had it in the case early) wasn't at the desk, but I snagged the other. Store had only gotten the two.

Just got mine. Does anyone know how to register the Wii U to club Nintendo and how to do register for the digital deluxe program

Just got mine. Does anyone know how to register the Wii U to club Nintendo and how to do register for the digital deluxe program
Register to Club Nintendo by linking your CN account on the eshop, it's some where in the eshop settings. DDP will be linked with your NiN ID and can be accessed online after your first eshop purchase. https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

Picked mine up at Best Buy just now and the guy said they had 20 of them. I saw 2 in the game case at Walmart as well. I'm glad it was not as limited as the Pikachu 3DS. 

... I actually had to cancel and resubmit my Best Buy order to get it to go through. 

NO idea why. It is now being shipped as we speak.

Upside, for some reason, the original order was being charged with the wrong tax rate for my county. So that is a minor win.

Finally got some acknowledgement,and charged of course, from Newegg (after a message talking about looking into other stores to buy it). I had target put one to the side for me for insurance, considering picking that one up and returning Newegg's to them so I can play this weekend.

Finally got some acknowledgement,and charged of course, from Newegg (after a message talking about looking into other stores to buy it). I had target put one to the side for me for insurance, considering picking that one up and returning Newegg's to them so I can play this weekend.
Consoles have serial numbers that retailers track. They'll know you're returning the wrong one.

Man, just looking at Instagram, a shitload of people picked this up today. I'm glad to see that this will boost some Wii U sales.

Wind Waker is an old game but

1) Its Zelda. People freaking love Zelda.

2) Even though its 10 years old, its still one of the best games ever made.

ZELDA games are guaranteed to be enjoyable and classic from the get go.
Wind Waker is an old game but

1) Its Zelda. People freaking love Zelda.

2) Even though its 10 years old, its still one of the best games ever made.
Man, just looking at Instagram, a shitload of people picked this up today. I'm glad to see that this will boost some Wii U sales.
I just checked IG and can confirm this! !!
Go Wii U!!!

I was a Newegg Pre-Order also, got anxious after reading some posts here and not hearing anything around 1:00. Cancelled the NE PO and decided to go out and hunt for it, struck out at WalMart but found two at the local K-Mart. I get home and see that NE has started billing people. Oh well. I have it in my possession now and don't have to wait for shipping so no big deal to me...

Picked mine up at Target since I work there and have an employee discount. Came out to $278 after red card.

They had a few out and almost every target in the area has around 3 or 4 so that's a great place to check if you can't find it.

Picked mine up at Target since I work there and have an employee discount. Came out to $278 after red card.

They had a few out and almost every target in the area has around 3 or 4 so that's a great place to check if you can't find it.
Cancelled preorder and will use red card today likely.

i got a great deal at kmart for this bundle.. one of my local kmarts is running 10-30% off the whole store and consoles are 10% off.. i bought a sucker for .40 before the transaction to see if any good kmart coupons would print.. i got a 20% in points (max $50) coupon. So i paid $290 with taxes and recieved a $5 award card and $50 in points to use later..

Picked mine up during lunch can't wait to get it all hooked up and transfer all my Wii stuff to the U :).

Also picked up Mass Effect 3 for 11.99 and the Power A casing for 5.99 for the gamepad great deals right now! 

I'm going to get this love windwaker! Curious wii u has been pretty good performance wise no glitches, breaks or anything?

I have launch wii and it's still working great. My nintendo products seem work well, but I'm not sure on wii u.

Alright guys, I need some advice.

So I'm thinking the Hori screen protector is the best option and I can get it on Amazon for $8. How about a case protector for the gamepad? I seen some silicon ones earlier in the thread that looked ok but I rather not have the design covered if I don't have to. I seen this one on Amazon that is also made by Hori that is clear and seems to snap around the entire gamepad. Looks decent.

Any case protectors you might recommend?

Agh. I'm trying to hold back on this but have been wanting to pick up a wii  u for quiet some time now, especially since Earthbound came out on VC. Can anyone give some insight on how long we can expect these to be around for? I take it they'd ship out more of these since they're selling so well but are these going to truly be limited or be out at least until the end of the holidays?

Alright guys, I need some advice.

So I'm thinking the Hori screen protector is the best option and I can get it on Amazon for $8. How about a case protector for the gamepad? I seen some silicon ones earlier in the thread that looked ok but I rather not have the design covered if I don't have to. I seen this one on Amazon that is also made by Hori that is clear and seems to snap around the entire gamepad. Looks decent.

Any case protectors you might recommend?
I'm a big fan of the Nerf Armor. It's been great on my gamepad. I think they're on clearance at Best Buy now as well. Unfortunately, it will totally cover the Zelda design, but it will greatly help your grip and offer protection.

Agh. I'm trying to hold back on this but have been wanting to pick up a wii u for quiet some time now, especially since Earthbound came out on VC. Can anyone give some insight on how long we can expect these to be around for? I take it they'd ship out more of these since they're selling so well but are these going to truly be limited or be out at least until the end of the holidays?
I believe the memo at Target said we will not get any more of these specific units restocked. Now, I don't know if that is just Target or what but I believe that's what it said.

Consoles have serial numbers that retailers track. They'll know you're returning the wrong one.
Pretty sure he meant that he's going to buy the Wii U at Target so he can play it this weekend rather than wait for his NewEgg shipment (and return that one when it comes). Not swap them.

bread's done
Back