The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

Pretty sure he meant that he's going to buy the Wii U at Target so he can play it this weekend rather than wait for his NewEgg shipment (and return that one when it comes). Not swap them.

Newegg has a tricky return policy and some items are subject to restocking fees.

Why are people glad they preordered this? I think people want to believe it's harder to find then it really is. If my best buy for instance got 4 and sold all four they would most likely match their wii u sales of the previous two months.

Alright guys, I need some advice.

So I'm thinking the Hori screen protector is the best option and I can get it on Amazon for $8. How about a case protector for the gamepad? I seen some silicon ones earlier in the thread that looked ok but I rather not have the design covered if I don't have to. I seen this one on Amazon that is also made by Hori that is clear and seems to snap around the entire gamepad. Looks decent.

Any case protectors you might recommend?
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-U-GamePad-Face-Cover-Nintendo/dp/B009UONG1W/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_6

That one might be ideal, but it doesnt fit into the charging cradle which is a whole other issue. The clear one you posted blocks the charging cradle also, I know there is another brand like rocketfish where they do not block the charging cradle.

51frRIkqglL._SL1000_.jpg
61S8WWFK4oL._SL1000_.jpg

61paFaZ4tJL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like this is in stock at all of the local Best Buy stores judging by the store pickup option. Looks like nobody should have trouble getting their hands on one if they want to seek it out.

Pretty sure he meant that he's going to buy the Wii U at Target so he can play it this weekend rather than wait for his NewEgg shipment (and return that one when it comes). Not swap them.
While that logically makes sense, why would he want to pay return shipping plus the newegg restocking fee?

Looks like this is in stock at all of the local Best Buy stores judging by the store pickup option. Looks like nobody should have trouble getting their hands on one if they want to seek it out.
It will be around for a lil bit . If you really want one I wouldn't wait to long . Nintendo means limited when they say it . Prob just like zelda 3ds if you ask me .

It will be around for a lil bit . If you really want one I wouldn't wait to long . Nintendo means limited when they say it . Prob just like zelda 3ds if you ask me .

Except I think the 3DS sold more then 5 figures in a sales quarter.

Yes these will sell out. I'm glad they are even selling and it's not surprising given the Nintendo/Zelda Diehards but they aren't going to be gone today tonight or this weekend.

Well, I finally bit on this bundle, mostly for the gorgeous box and controller.  Plus I knew I would have to get a Wii U sometime anyway for DK, Mario, Smash, and Mario Kart.  Picked it up at Best Buy this morning (in-store pickup, no dents!).  There were 4 more on the shelf with the spider thingy crushing the boxes.  Glad I ordered mine in advance, they must have set it aside before locking the rest into their prisons.

So, now I am debating whether to sell my digital codes, or redeem Windwaker HD.  I already have the physical Hyrule Historia, so don't really need that digitally.  I have a 4 year old that LOVES Zelda (OoT on 3DS), but this one might be a little advanced for him, and I'm not really aching to play it after beating it on Gamecube years ago.  Never really liked the sailing mechanic, or the water-covered world. Hopefully I can get $50.00 for both codes, and use that to either get Pikmin 3 or Rayman Legends (or trade for one of them). Anyone interested? Yeah, I know there's a thread for that, lol.  You guys think 50 bucks is a good price for both of the codes?  Game by itself is 50 on the eshop.

Any case protectors you might recommend?
I have the Hori screen protector, and it's great. I can't tell it's on, and it was super easy to apply. I highly recommend it.

I bought the Rocketfish clear plastic snap case, and it's great. I cut part of the back out so I could attach the Nyko power-boost-y-battery thingy, although now it won't fit in the Nyko cradle. The Energizer cradle is pretty good.

Except I think the 3DS sold more then 5 figures in a sales quarter.

Yes these will sell out. I'm glad they are even selling and it's not surprising given the Nintendo/Zelda Diehards but they aren't going to be gone today tonight or this weekend.
that's true but I remember seeing the zelda 3ds for about 3 weeks after launch then they were gone

Servers are slow too, took about 45 mins to dl and 10 min to install.
When I downloaded this morning around 9am eastern it only took 20 minutes. Servers are probably overwhelmed now by the demand for the game and new wii u purchases. I was have Connection errors all over the place, took me 20 refreshes just to download some demos later.

I think Nintendo found a good way to spur WIi U sales. Will be interesting to see if they go as far as making MK, Smash and Bayonetta bundles next year. If they can drop another $50 next year and have bundles like those they will win back a lot of people.

The Wii U Gamepad art is sexy as hell. Also, the Wind Waker HD facelift is sexy as hell as well. I beat this game ten years ago and with the HD facelift everything seems new and worth going through again. It's still my favorite Zelda outside of OOT.

Yeah server is very slow...

For me:

1 hr & 20min to download.
10 min to install.
I downloaded about 3 hrs ago took 30 min . That sucks it's taking so long for you guys .
This is my second zelda game ever . Played oot on 3ds and now have a fav series about 2hrs into ww now.

Why would it be a sticker? Lol
Also...why buy this and not play it? What's the point of holding out for a high sale price if you never actually use what you buy?

I guess I have somewhat of a big hand

I'm finding that my left hand is getting fatigued, tired, very uncomfortable with the gamepad.

Anyone else?

Whats the solution? Wii U Pro Controller?

I guess I have somewhat of a big hand

I'm finding that my left hand is getting fatigued, tired, very uncomfortable with the gamepad.

Anyone else?

Whats the solution? Wii U Pro Controller?

Wii U Pro controller (you should have fun anyway) + nerf armor (which will block the beautiful print, but it adds more girth and make the controller very comfortable to hold cuz its sort of soft.

Because it looks better tucked away in the closet, duh.
If I am not trying to cut back my video game spending, that's what I would do. order one and have it sit prettily among my other LE consoles/portables. alas, I am sitting here trying to fight the temptation to go buy one.

Just an FYI---some locations I went to are putting large yellow stickers on all Wii U consoles, including the Zelda bundle that state something to the effect of "Now just $299.99" with $349.99 crossed out.

If you are a collector just keep that in mind. I would imagine if you buy soon it will come off easier as it will have had less time to set.

bread's done
Back