The Lithograph Thread - Mass Effect, Alice, etc ...

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah, not a deal per se. But if you have seen the price of the majority of these shoot up after they are sold out...you may think otherwise.

MASS EFFECT/DRAGON AGE/BIOWARE

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

Large
18x24 litho, 100lb paper. At least 300-800 normally printed. Signed
and numbered by artist.

($40-$80 each shipping starts at $6.50 for 1)

Current and past lithos
(Please note: some links to actual pictures may be dead)
Dead Reaper

Prototype SR2
5.gif

Archangel - $50 (gone)
photoxu.jpg

The Team - oversized - $80 (gone)
art-litho-me2-theteamltd-full.jpg

Cerberus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Miranda (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Legion (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Grunt (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Thane (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Tali (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Purgatory
thumbnail.aspx

Pragia (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Korlus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

The Wards (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Normandy (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Afterlife (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Collectors (gone)

The Illusive Man (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Jack (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Citadel (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Garrus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Omega (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Minuteman (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Illium (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Saren (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

They tend to make more of the newer ones than the previous batches. But anyone who has the previous ones will vouch for their quality.

Mini - these are not limited or signed so they go in and out of stock

(Illium and Omega)
(Garrus and Saren)
(Citadel and Minuteman)

24.00 each

(Tali)
(Thane)
(Grunt)
(Miranda)

10.00 each

Mini character 5-Pack

Unsigned and unnumbered

The Team $40

• Shipping in the past has been mixed, as they previously shipped in two large pieces of cardboard with exposed edges. Sometimes they are rolled up and shipped in tubes or boxes. Lately they have been shipped flat in double layered cardboard.
  • Upon receipt it is common to see a bit of scrunching near the corners, but they are working on ways of reinforcing these areas to avoid damage in future.
  • For framing, recommendations abound in the likes of stores like Michaels and others who frequently offer 40-50% OFF.
  • Occasionally there will be a sale or promo code made available (although not normally for shipping).
  • Do not be entirely discouraged if a litho sells out immediately. Refreshing within a few hours or days may reveal the occasional lucky cancellation or return made available.
  • Monitoring their store, forums, twitter and facebook will help keep you informed of upcoming releases if you can't live without these.
My upfront apology for not being able to update this real-time. Usually they release the newer character/ship lithos in limited batches while I am at work. Normally around 10-11 MDT and 5-6 MDT.

**New Releases will generally be split releases with the first release beginning at 10AM MDT and the second starting 5PM MDT**

Thanks to everyone who is able to give others the heads-up!

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

ALICE

http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-lithographs

DEAD SPACE/VISCERAL

http://visceralstore.com/_art/_lithographs

PORTAL/VALVE

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?t=3&g=9

BORDERLANDS/GEARBOX

http://shop.gearboxsoftware.com/borderlands-art/

Rockstar Warehouse

https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Category.aspx?c=Apparel%20%26%20Collectables

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of wish the Skyrim one wasn't larger than the "standard" lithograph size. The colors would go great with my Citadel print but it's going to be dwarfing it if I put them up together.

Looking to get some prints of concept art that shows off some nice environments. I've picked up a few Alice lithos in the past but I'm not exclusively looking for lithos. Anyone know a good place to look for buying prints of such things?

Found this place:
society6.com/prints/landscape

:whistle2::)wall::cry:
I opened my two Skyrim lithos and was shocked to find them both damaged! They both have many vertical creases concentrated on the left side of the paper. It's as if whoever rolled them up squeezed/bent the paper in the beginning of rolling it up. I'm absolutely shocked how poorly these were rolled up.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']:whistle2::)wall::cry:
I opened my two Skyrim lithos and was shocked to find them both damaged! They both have many vertical creases concentrated on the left side of the paper. It's as if whoever rolled them up squeezed/bent the paper in the beginning of rolling it up. I'm absolutely shocked how poorly these were rolled up.[/QUOTE]

That sucks - I got mine but haven't opened it yet. Will have to do that first thing when i get home to check.

I'm actually missing a few of mine. The invoice shows 4, but inside the tube there were only 2. This was the tomb raiders prints. Haven't received the Skyrim ones yet.

Yea, my Skyrim has the same issue - veritlcal creases all over the left side. Wasn't too impressed with packaging either - no padding, just thrown in a tube.

Just got my ME saga lithograph. I noticed the store page and pic is gone, anyone have it? Because I'm pretty sure the limited signed edition was supposed to have the words Mass Effect in "Gold" foil, and they are NOT. Maybe I remember incorrectly.

ugh, didn't even know about that saga litho and now I assume the limited is sold out.  :twoguns: You failed me CAG....you failed me!

Just got my ME saga lithograph. I noticed the store page and pic is gone, anyone have it? Because I'm pretty sure the limited signed edition was supposed to have the words Mass Effect in "Gold" foil, and they are NOT. Maybe I remember incorrectly.
Here's a cached link:

http://98.139.21.31/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=mass+effect+saga+limited+edition&fr=yfp-t-271&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=mass+effect+saga+limited+edition&d=4843955623302154&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=cGu3wrZD_7Kaxvd_Qh19Sn4eHz_S4J-m&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=t3nv7Mo7e35yhLOpP9agPw--

I haven't received my order yet---should be here next week.

Edit: This is from their facebook page when they item went live several weeks ago:

• Treehouse Brand Stores We don't have any additional photos or videos at this time however the metallic-looking sections will be printed with a process called Metal FX that lays down a special metallic substrate before being covered with opaque colored ink that produces a strikingly more brilliant and pure metallic finish.
    Like · March 6 at 4:57pm

• Dennis Mangual So what is metallic? The boarder? or is their elements in the image that have a metallic touch?
    Like · March 6 at 5:01pm

• Treehouse Brand Stores The logo type (Mass Effect / Bioware) and the borders
    Like · March 6 at 5:03pm

• Dennis Mangual oh ok that gives me a better idea. One last question, if the piece is damaged in shipping like a bent corner or something, do you cover the shipping sending it back? Do we have to pay for shipping?
    Like · March 6 at 5:06pm

• Treehouse Brand Stores We inspect, pack and ship all our art in house here in Denver. We use custom heavy tubes that keep everything nice and safe as they travel mass relays across the galaxy. That being said, in the rare event something is damaged our customer service team will work with you to replace your artwork asap.

Yeah, mine doesn't look even close to metallic. The signature and number use a gold metallic ink, but besides that, it looks just like the standard edition.

And FYI I got two, so its not an isolated incident.

Edit: Just looked at the photo they put on FB, heck no. It looks like someone poorly scribbled in the logo with a dull gold ink pen. I'll take a pic in an hour when I'm home

I need to pick up frames for my pickups from PAX East. I got this awesome print for Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved (limited to 500). And bought a print of the heroine of Transistor.

0418141718a_zpsdsdrbbfn.jpg

transistor__Poster_01_large.jpg

Here: its a semi gloss layer over a matte gold color
PS9LlCp.jpg
picture colors look fairly accurate to life on my S4, maybe a bit more metallic in oic than it actually does in real life. They white parts in the gold are not reflections, that is the color of that part.
http://i.imgur.com/PS9LlCp

That looks really nice! I have at the very least, 30 lithographs I've acquired through various sites (mostly THBS) that I have packages away in tubes until I figure out what I want to do with displaying them. I have wall space but I don't want to hang them just for the sake of hanging them. I have a few (like the ME Red, Blue, Orange) sets that I might display together and then rotate some in and out depending on my mood but I don't think I'll get frames for all of them as that will bankrupt me since most good frames will cost significantly more then the prints themselves. But I think this spring/summer if I go yardsale'ing or to flea markets I'm going to buy pictures/posters for cheap when they come with half way decent frames

^ So basically we paid $35 more to get one that is numbered/signed by SS?
Nope. It's also bigger, which is what I would have paid extra for. But really my only interest in it was to fill the void left by their lack of ME1 movie-style posters featuring the ME1 cover art. Mine was crushed in shipping back in the day and they never restocked so they just refunded mine.

Nope. It's also bigger, which is what I would have paid extra for. But really my only interest in it was to fill the void left by their lack of ME1 movie-style posters featuring the ME1 cover art. Mine was crushed in shipping back in the day and they never restocked so they just refunded mine.
The Garrus one with Anderson?

Wow, some of those are beautiful (my favorite is this one- http://www.candb.com/en/artwork/574/campfire-naughty-dog.html), but, yeah, those prices!
Yeah. I love Uncharted and TLOU; the ones I'd be willing to spend big $$$ on are sold out. In theory I'm torn, I like the fact the print numbers are so low but I'd almost rather they do print sizes of 200-500 and charge less (like what TreeHouse does with their stores and lithos).

Very timely seeing as people are talking about Naughty Dog, but I just wanted to jump in and post that the Naughty Dog Shop just opened today and they have some lithos and posters for sale. They also have a bunch of other Naughty Dog-related merchandise

Naughty Dog Shop Art

Also, thanks for linking the Cook and Becker selection! 

That looks really nice! I have at the very least, 30 lithographs I've acquired through various sites (mostly THBS) that I have packages away in tubes until I figure out what I want to do with displaying them. I have wall space but I don't want to hang them just for the sake of hanging them. I have a few (like the ME Red, Blue, Orange) sets that I might display together and then rotate some in and out depending on my mood but I don't think I'll get frames for all of them as that will bankrupt me since most good frames will cost significantly more then the prints themselves. But I think this spring/summer if I go yardsale'ing or to flea markets I'm going to buy pictures/posters for cheap when they come with half way decent frames
I hope they're pretty big tubes so the prints aren't rolled too tightly. I made the mistake of keeping a print in a tube once and it took about a month of keeping it flat just to get it to stay somewhat flat. It was very damn annoying. If you can, try to find a way to store them flat.

Broken Bridge litho looks pretty cool. Finally hung up everything that would fit down in the basement. Plenty leftover, so prob won't be buying anything unless its good enough to replace something existing.

Does anybody have any tips or resources for beginning collectors on how to frame and hang these lithos? It looks like many choose to pay for custom framing. Unfortunately, most of those options are likely too pricey for my budget :/

Does anybody have any tips or resources for beginning collectors on how to frame and hang these lithos? It looks like many choose to pay for custom framing. Unfortunately, most of those options are likely too pricey for my budget :/
I go to Michaels armed with coupons. I don't have any non-standard sized lithos, so that helps. I did own a really large odd-sized Mass Effect litho that I debated custom framing but it was too expensive (and i could re-sell the litho for like $350, so did that instead)

How much are you looking to spend?

Hey thanks for the reply. Max range would be between $150-$200 for some of the larger prints.
I tend to find a Hobby Lobby 50% off coupon works well with their pre made frames, where they put it together like custom framing, but you use a preassembled frame, and for my Skyrim lithos I think I spent a total of $50 each for the frames, which included the UV protection/museum glass and two mats.

Using the preassembled frames it also became a process of walk in with the print and wait about an hour for it to be finished, instead of drop it off and come back a week later to pick it up.

Not sure if we're still updating this thread but oddly enough when I was searching Yahoo! for other reason I came across these "Nintendo Boss" fights prints.

$40 each or all three for $100

https://store.nakatomiinc.com/artprints.aspx

They are signed and numbered; limited to 100.

They had a "glow in the dark" printing limited to 50 but looks like 2/3 are sold out.

Anyways just thought I'd share

bread's done
Back