The Lithograph Thread - Mass Effect, Alice, etc ...

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah, not a deal per se. But if you have seen the price of the majority of these shoot up after they are sold out...you may think otherwise.

MASS EFFECT/DRAGON AGE/BIOWARE

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

Large
18x24 litho, 100lb paper. At least 300-800 normally printed. Signed
and numbered by artist.

($40-$80 each shipping starts at $6.50 for 1)

Current and past lithos
(Please note: some links to actual pictures may be dead)
Dead Reaper

Prototype SR2
5.gif

Archangel - $50 (gone)
photoxu.jpg

The Team - oversized - $80 (gone)
art-litho-me2-theteamltd-full.jpg

Cerberus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Miranda (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Legion (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Grunt (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Thane (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Tali (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Purgatory
thumbnail.aspx

Pragia (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Korlus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

The Wards (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Normandy (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Afterlife (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Collectors (gone)

The Illusive Man (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Jack (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Citadel (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Garrus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Omega (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Minuteman (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Illium (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Saren (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

They tend to make more of the newer ones than the previous batches. But anyone who has the previous ones will vouch for their quality.

Mini - these are not limited or signed so they go in and out of stock

(Illium and Omega)
(Garrus and Saren)
(Citadel and Minuteman)

24.00 each

(Tali)
(Thane)
(Grunt)
(Miranda)

10.00 each

Mini character 5-Pack

Unsigned and unnumbered

The Team $40

• Shipping in the past has been mixed, as they previously shipped in two large pieces of cardboard with exposed edges. Sometimes they are rolled up and shipped in tubes or boxes. Lately they have been shipped flat in double layered cardboard.
  • Upon receipt it is common to see a bit of scrunching near the corners, but they are working on ways of reinforcing these areas to avoid damage in future.
  • For framing, recommendations abound in the likes of stores like Michaels and others who frequently offer 40-50% OFF.
  • Occasionally there will be a sale or promo code made available (although not normally for shipping).
  • Do not be entirely discouraged if a litho sells out immediately. Refreshing within a few hours or days may reveal the occasional lucky cancellation or return made available.
  • Monitoring their store, forums, twitter and facebook will help keep you informed of upcoming releases if you can't live without these.
My upfront apology for not being able to update this real-time. Usually they release the newer character/ship lithos in limited batches while I am at work. Normally around 10-11 MDT and 5-6 MDT.

**New Releases will generally be split releases with the first release beginning at 10AM MDT and the second starting 5PM MDT**

Thanks to everyone who is able to give others the heads-up!

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

ALICE

http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-lithographs

DEAD SPACE/VISCERAL

http://visceralstore.com/_art/_lithographs

PORTAL/VALVE

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?t=3&g=9

BORDERLANDS/GEARBOX

http://shop.gearboxsoftware.com/borderlands-art/

Rockstar Warehouse

https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Category.aspx?c=Apparel%20%26%20Collectables

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='D.Choy']In for 1 set. Kinda pricey though... hmm[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SniperREX']11" x 14"

These are a little bit smaller than the Mass Effect mini-lithos :(

I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this set is a scam. I contacted 2K questioning them on the 'limited edition' prints. The signed versions are the same ones sold without signature. They are not unique or 'limited' whatsoever.

[quote name='Romeo']Unfortunately this set is a scam. I contacted 2K questioning them on the 'limited edition' prints. The signed versions are the same ones sold without signature. They are not unique or 'limited' whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was pretty obvious. They are unique and limited because they only signed and hand-numbered 100 of them.

[quote name='iamsmart']Wow, that's like an $85 markup just for the sigs[/QUOTE]

A total ripoff especially given the fact that they are only 11x14 and the open editions are identical to the limited editions. Such a shame too as I would have liked to buy some Bioshock Infinite Lithographs. As is, I am not given them a dime of my money.

[quote name='Romeo']Unfortunately this set is a scam. I contacted 2K questioning them on the 'limited edition' prints. The signed versions are the same ones sold without signature. They are not unique or 'limited' whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

A scam implies they are being deceitful about something...if you read the descriptors of the lithos and look at the stock images used, it's pretty obvious that they are the same ones and are being advertised as such.

The fact that they are signed / numbered is exactly what makes them limited. An autographed baseball card is worth way more than the same baseball card without the athlete's signature--same concept.

duh... the signature is what makes them limited.

[quote name='ethwang']A scam implies they are being deceitful about something...if you read the descriptors of the lithos and look at the stock images used, it's pretty obvious that they are the same ones and are being advertised as such.

The fact that they are signed / numbered is exactly what makes them limited. An autographed baseball card is worth way more than the same baseball card without the athlete's signature--same concept.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but this is absolutely 100% incorrect. In order to have separate editions, there has to be a distuinguishable difference between the prints, besides the signature and number. Most companies make small changes, either to the border or the color of the print. Releasing an open edition print that is 100% identical to the limited edition print is a clear violation of the limited edition. The signature and number alone do not distiguish limited editions from open editions.

There have actually been laws enacted in many states that actually protect consumers against this very thing. Unfortunately the value of the print usually has to be at least $100 in order to be able to bring suit againt the producer of the print.

Aspen comics is a perfect example for releasing multiple editions for identical images. They have been releasing Michael Turner prints for the last 10+ years and they have both normal convention prints that they sell at the comic con's and online prints (OP prints) that they sell at the Aspen store. Aspen uses identical images for both the OP prints and the convention prints but they are different editions as the OP print has a black border running around the print and actually has an "OP print" graphic at the bottom of the print. While the images are identical, the two are easily distunagishable from one another.

Bottom line - Irrational games has clearly violated thier limited edition prints for Bioshock Infinite as the open edition prints are identical to the limited edition prints. What makes this sort of thing so much worse is that all it would have taken is some small change to the limited edition to make it legitmate. They are either lazy or have no understanding of this market. Either way, its simply inexcusable.

By the way, an autographed baseball card is not a limited edition baseball card, its just a signed baseball card. People who say its the signature that makes them limited have absolutely no understanding of the limited edition print market.

my lord some people just love to whine about shit.

JUST DON'T BUY IT.

The ME2 lithos had signed and unsigned. I wanted signed so I paid more for it. Same concept here.

And some people love to pretend they know what they are talking about when they CLEARLY dont. And for the record, I am not buying them. I wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole. Not sure what that has to do with anything. This is a lithograph thread and some people in here might not understand the limited edition print market and thus might not realize those prints are not limited edition prints. You obvioulsly dont. Some people may actually find that information useful. Sorry but when I see clear disinformation being spread about one of my favorite hobbies....well, I speak up, especially when its on one of my favorite websites. If you dont like it than put me on ignore or dont read my posts. Its really that simple. Trust me, I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Oh, Bioware did it too so it must be ok, lol. I didnt realize Bioware was the guage for what is acceptable in the limited edition print market. The internet is a wonderful tool. Try using it and you might actually learn something. There are literally thousands of different websites out there where you can learn what really distingushes a limited edition print from an open edition print. Or you can continue to wrongfully believe that its the signature that makes a limited edition print. It really doesnt matter to me one way or the other. I was merely correcting an inaccurate statement. What you do with that information is totally up to you.

And by the way, I hate to rain on your parade but "my lord some people just love to whine about shit" is in itself whining. Hypocrites, gotta love em, lol.

[quote name='jamezuva']It's limited to 100. There's no way they won't go up in value unless the game tanks which is doubtful[/QUOTE]
I am not really worried about the value of them. Yeah it's nice if they are worth something if we ever want to sell them down the line but the bottom line is we buy these things because we want them.

Like my ME2 The Team lithograph, I have no intention of selling the lithographs I buy. I think these Bioshock Infinite lithographs are pretty damn cool but at the same time they are more than what I spent on my ME2 Team lithograph which is a bit outrageous since I think that one is priceless. Granted they say these are limited to 100 prints while the ME ones were 500, I think they could have been a bit more reasonable.

Might eventually buy the 65 dollar set but no need for the signed one at all. Especially at that price. (Plus I already got the gigantic Game Informer cover poster and that "The Patriot Has Nothing to Fear" poster signed by Ken at NYCC). Just want a clean version of the Elizabeth/Songbird one really.

I'm really not into the whole "I signed x number of these so therefore it is a limited edition" thing...especially with the premium that is charged for that. The Valve store did the same thing - I ended up getting most of their unsigned lithos for between 10 and 25 while the signed ones were still not selling out at 100. I just want the cool art for my walls :D.

[quote name='diddy310']There was some Gallery 1988 limited stuff included in there at one point when they were housed on Alice2Store.com.

Here's pics of a few of them..I believe they were up around June 2011 and they added a few over time.

http://omgposters.com/2011/06/06/american-mcgees-alice-at-gallery-1988-the-prints/ [/QUOTE]

Dang those are awesome! Wish that I was into lithographs at the time.

Here's the two I have
DSCN0755.jpg

Nice! If you don't mind me asking, how much did the top one cost?

Somewhere between 25-40 I think? I bought it right when it came out so I really don't remember. I know they released a much smaller colored signed version for about 100 at one point.

[quote name='diddy310']Somewhere between 25-40 I think? I bought it right when it came out so I really don't remember. I know they released a much smaller colored signed version for about 100 at one point.[/QUOTE]
The black and white one is legit. I wish I knew about that one when it was originally for sale.

[quote name='diddy310']Somewhere between 25-40 I think? I bought it right when it came out so I really don't remember. I know they released a much smaller colored signed version for about 100 at one point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies.

[quote name='D.Choy']I am not really worried about the value of them. Yeah it's nice if they are worth something if we ever want to sell them down the line but the bottom line is we buy these things because we want them.

Like my ME2 The Team lithograph, I have no intention of selling the lithographs I buy. I think these Bioshock Infinite lithographs are pretty damn cool but at the same time they are more than what I spent on my ME2 Team lithograph which is a bit outrageous since I think that one is priceless. Granted they say these are limited to 100 prints while the ME ones were 500, I think they could have been a bit more reasonable.[/QUOTE]

There's also 3 of em so that counts for something. I forgot how much the signed team litho was, $90?

I really like the True Patriot one

I just received my Bioshock Signed Limited Trio Set. I haven't opened the seal yet but I really like the quality. Besides having the signatures they also have the number on the print which makes them unique to the regular prints being sold.

picture.php

picture.php

[quote name='Youngnoble']I just received my Bioshock Signed Limited Trio Set. I haven't opened the seal yet but I really like the quality. Besides having the signatures they also have the number on the print which makes them unique to the regular prints being sold.

picture.php

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Hm, 97/100? Does that mean they're almost sold out?

[quote name='ethwang']Hm, 97/100? Does that mean they're almost sold out?[/QUOTE]

I honestly think there just grabbing them randomly. I ordered right when you posted it on here. The box it was sealed in also had the number on it.

[quote name='confoosious']my lord some people just love to whine about shit.

JUST DON'T BUY IT.

The ME2 lithos had signed and unsigned. I wanted signed so I paid more for it. Same concept here.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I'm not. Why are you all hot and bothered by me bringing this up? I collect art, primarily paintings, but dabble into signed art books and lithographs. I contacted 2K to confirm if this was a real limited edition item or not. When I found out the answer I posted here.

[quote name='Kotomine']Just wondering, when did these first become available?

http://gear.ea.com/art/lithographs/limited-edition.html?brand=169&limit=all

Also have there been any other Alice ones in the past?[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. First thing I noticed is the "set of all 8" is an outright lie. They show 9 total prints available. This game has been out for a while so there is not an interested market in these that much, there at 10+ sets still available.

[quote name='Romeo']Very interesting. First thing I noticed is the "set of all 8" is an outright lie. They show 9 total prints available. This game has been out for a while so there is not an interested market in these that much, there at 10+ sets still available.[/QUOTE]

You do love picking how everything is a lie/scam. First the limited Bioshock now this one.

Here is a head's up about a lithograph Bungie just put on Amazon about their new game Destiny yesterday. It is the first piece of concept art for it and it is signed, but the price can be steep--$150. I can see this being worth it tho, especially if the game gets huge. (Below is the link and another link showing proof it is Bungie). You can get it from both since Bungie has verified is is available from both sources.

I am not allowed to post links on here as a new user, but if you go on the bungie store which is (bungiestore(dot)com) under accessories or search amazon for "Destiny Bungie", you should find it.

[quote name='FrostySweetness']Here is a head's up about a lithograph Bungie just put on Amazon about their new game Destiny yesterday. It is the first piece of concept art for it and it is signed, but the price can be steep--$150. I can see this being worth it tho, especially if the game gets huge. (Below is the link and another link showing proof it is Bungie). You can get it from both since Bungie has verified is is available from both sources.

I am not allowed to post links on here as a new user, but if you go on the bungie store which is (bungiestore(dot)com) under accessories or search amazon for "Destiny Bungie", you should find it.[/QUOTE]

Here's the link: http://www.bungiestore.com/Limited-Edition-Fallen-Lithograph/M/B00BGWU1IM.htm

41qwNKsWKwL.jpg

Limited to 150 copies, and is 12" x 18". All proceeds go to charity too. Shipping is $6.75 for the US

[quote name='FrostySweetness']Here is a head's up about a lithograph Bungie just put on Amazon about their new game Destiny yesterday. It is the first piece of concept art for it and it is signed, but the price can be steep--$150. I can see this being worth it tho, especially if the game gets huge. (Below is the link and another link showing proof it is Bungie). You can get it from both since Bungie has verified is is available from both sources.

I am not allowed to post links on here as a new user, but if you go on the bungie store which is (bungiestore(dot)com) under accessories or search amazon for "Destiny Bungie", you should find it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Bought it through Amazon to use up some AMZ credit.

Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Bungie-Limite...-1&keywords=limited+edition+fallen+lithograph

You have to go through the Bungie link SSJ posted up to figure out how many are left. 126 left.

How do you guys unroll the litographs without damaging them? I finally got some frames from that hollywood place but my litographs are stuck in their rolls...

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']How do you guys unroll the litographs without damaging them? I finally got some frames from that hollywood place but my litographs are stuck in their rolls...[/QUOTE]
For any I've gotten rolled I usually just lay them out on a table for a day or two, and they mostly unroll on their own. A couple heavier books laid across them helps too.

[quote name='joshnorm']You do love picking how everything is a lie/scam. First the limited Bioshock now this one.[/QUOTE]

And am I wrong?

I think the Tears one that isn't included in the pack was released later on but I'm not entirely sure. They have been selling that bundle since around the launch of the game. They just consolidated all of the leftovers from the various stores onto that EA Gear site fairly recently.

The "Collector's Edition" thing comes from the American McGee signature I guess.

Yea just saw that. If they made available all 300 of these lithos, these are already down to low 100's for the ones im interested in.

I'm out of wall real estate so would have to replace something for whatever i get though, lol. Maybe the Dragon Age 2 one i have that i'm not too in love with - same size as Fallout so same frame.

...............and site broken now, whoops

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea just saw that. If they made available all 300 of these lithos, these are already down to low 100's for the ones im interested in.

I'm out of wall real estate so would have to replace something for whatever i get though, lol. Maybe the Dragon Age 2 one i have that i'm not too in love with - same size as Fallout so same frame.[/QUOTE]

I think that they only released 150 out of 300. Only 20 or so Skyrim lithos were sold in the last 2 hours. Oh well, not taking any chances anyway after missing out on the BioShock lithos.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']It does not say if its signed, oh well gonna get it anyway[/QUOTE]

Definitely unsigned if it's not in the description nor in the pick. TreeHouse wouldn't miss a chance to charge extra for signatures.

Bit on Skyrim with under 18 left. Now I am trying to convince myself that this is the full batch and 150 more of them won't pop up after these are sold.

bread's done
Back