The Lithograph Thread - Mass Effect, Alice, etc ...

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah, not a deal per se. But if you have seen the price of the majority of these shoot up after they are sold out...you may think otherwise.

MASS EFFECT/DRAGON AGE/BIOWARE

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

Large
18x24 litho, 100lb paper. At least 300-800 normally printed. Signed
and numbered by artist.

($40-$80 each shipping starts at $6.50 for 1)

Current and past lithos
(Please note: some links to actual pictures may be dead)
Dead Reaper

Prototype SR2
5.gif

Archangel - $50 (gone)
photoxu.jpg

The Team - oversized - $80 (gone)
art-litho-me2-theteamltd-full.jpg

Cerberus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Miranda (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Legion (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Grunt (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Thane (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Tali (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Purgatory
thumbnail.aspx

Pragia (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Korlus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

The Wards (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Normandy (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Afterlife (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Collectors (gone)

The Illusive Man (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Jack (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Citadel (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Garrus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Omega (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Minuteman (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Illium (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Saren (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

They tend to make more of the newer ones than the previous batches. But anyone who has the previous ones will vouch for their quality.

Mini - these are not limited or signed so they go in and out of stock

(Illium and Omega)
(Garrus and Saren)
(Citadel and Minuteman)

24.00 each

(Tali)
(Thane)
(Grunt)
(Miranda)

10.00 each

Mini character 5-Pack

Unsigned and unnumbered

The Team $40

• Shipping in the past has been mixed, as they previously shipped in two large pieces of cardboard with exposed edges. Sometimes they are rolled up and shipped in tubes or boxes. Lately they have been shipped flat in double layered cardboard.
  • Upon receipt it is common to see a bit of scrunching near the corners, but they are working on ways of reinforcing these areas to avoid damage in future.
  • For framing, recommendations abound in the likes of stores like Michaels and others who frequently offer 40-50% OFF.
  • Occasionally there will be a sale or promo code made available (although not normally for shipping).
  • Do not be entirely discouraged if a litho sells out immediately. Refreshing within a few hours or days may reveal the occasional lucky cancellation or return made available.
  • Monitoring their store, forums, twitter and facebook will help keep you informed of upcoming releases if you can't live without these.
My upfront apology for not being able to update this real-time. Usually they release the newer character/ship lithos in limited batches while I am at work. Normally around 10-11 MDT and 5-6 MDT.

**New Releases will generally be split releases with the first release beginning at 10AM MDT and the second starting 5PM MDT**

Thanks to everyone who is able to give others the heads-up!

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

ALICE

http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-lithographs

DEAD SPACE/VISCERAL

http://visceralstore.com/_art/_lithographs

PORTAL/VALVE

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?t=3&g=9

BORDERLANDS/GEARBOX

http://shop.gearboxsoftware.com/borderlands-art/

Rockstar Warehouse

https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Category.aspx?c=Apparel%20%26%20Collectables

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='riotheart']Picked up Reaper, only 26 left.[/QUOTE]
I believe they have a second release of the singles...I assume they have 200 in that batch?

Reaper attack is gone! It sold steadily after the initial boom. Less than 100 of Aria.

I actually managed to catch a double back earlier today that must have been a replacement or cancelled order.

Snagged an Aria. With how big the series is right now, prices are bound to sky rocket and I'd kick myself if I didn't pick this up. I mean the freakin N7 mug is sold out :(

Ugh, the collector in me is pissed I didn't get the Reaper one and I feel like I should get Aria. Its just that I don't care for the images. Why not a cool Anderson one? Or Liara? Or maybe a cool scene with the alliance fleet or something?

I've always been intrigued how people want a lower number, you think about it, and its not like it actually means much.

That said I have Star Wars Blueprints (signed)#4. Yeah.

Don't worry more will come, ME3 lithos that is. I've followed them. I'm the guy that runs the litho info thread on the BioWare forums. They once used me to help spread word about release dates, them stopped abruptly, don't know why? That thread is strictly reference now, mostly after the fact.

Oooh, that Reaper one looks nice. I was debating on getting it but finances as well as wallspace prevents any more purchases of these. I probably need to start selling off the ones I do have. I wonder how much a Liara, Tali, and Miranda go for nowadays

So random question, did they do a 2nd run of "The Team" signed lithograph or was there just the original 500 run (the one that was a year or so ago)?

[quote name='D.Choy']So random question, did they do a 2nd run of "The Team" signed lithograph or was there just the original 500 run (the one that was a year or so ago)?[/QUOTE]

They released left over ones. I think it was ones that were damaged and people got refunded rather than replaced. I am thankful they did that otherwise I wouldn't own a Team one.

[quote name='blahtastic']Oooh, that Reaper one looks nice.[/QUOTE]It is indeed... I was tempted, sort of, but had just finished ME3 and just couldn't bring myself to want any reminder of it on my walls. :cry:

Still pretty much feel the same way but its IS a hell of a cool piece.

Awesome news on the number, Vendetta . :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Got my lithos.

Reaper Attack is #2/500!!
So that makes two single digit lithos for me. The other being my #7 The Team :D

Aria is #146/500

[/QUOTE]

Do you have a picture of Aria for us?
And #2 is phenomenal! I have yet to look at mine, but they're scheduled to reach my house today.

Wow.. just wow, I always thought the term "lithograph" meant like small little posters that were originally part of development and were signed... God I feel dumb.

The Tali and Archangel ones look awesome. I want a ME litho so figure I'll jump on this, but I had a question guys. What is the frequency that new ones come in, is it on a random date? Is this posted anywhere, I'd love to be early on newer lithos that arrive before they sell out! Either one I think I'll deff get the Aria one since she's a cool NPC and I do dig the colors on it.

I got my Reaper today, was number #308. Crap luck on the numbered ones for me.

Haven't beat ME3 yet. Too afraid it might rape me in my sleep or something with all the angst.

[quote name='TheKbob']Haven't beat ME3 yet. Too afraid it might rape me in my sleep or something with all the angst.[/QUOTE]I shielded myself from spoilers and prepared myself for the worse, or thought I had, but if you're really invested in the universe then their really is nothing you can do... The angst is quite real. :cry:

Slightly off-topic, regarding the ME Invasion hardcover. Both the signed and non-signed are pre-sale, but if you add them to your cart, it says "may be back-ordered". Other pre-sale items don't say this. So... am I pretty much screwed? I ordered anyway, but I'm just wondering what to expect.

It seems odd that they should be sold out already, since the first and second books were so easy to get. Unless this one is far more limited...?

edit: To answer my own question, they shipped it out anyway. Got mine today. Now I have all three hardcover comics, yay.

I'm considering picking up Javik, but it's not going to kill me if I miss it.

I have to admit, I've been fairly disappointed in the ME3 lithos so far. The choices have been good, but I've been severely underwhelmed by the actual art. It's a shame, too, since I love most of the ME2 ones, enough that I actually put a few of the mini character ones in my office at work. I also don't like the black border, it just... I don't know, I feel like the white ones look classier, I guess. I mean, as classy as videogame art can look, anyway.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']So basically an oversized high quality poster. I'll keep my money...[/QUOTE]

yep. I'll be back in with any signed lithos but not these.

As long as they are limited and numbered then I am in. Plus, its been a hard fought road keeping my collection 100% complete. I cant stop now. I thought I was going to hate the black borders, especially considering the rest of the collection has white borders but I have come to really like the look of the black borders. They look amazing with nice smooth 2" black wood frames.

As for the poster comment, these aren't even close to being posters. They are printed on the same 100lb stock as the others. Dont get me wrong, if you dont like them then dont buy them but to suggest that these are even close to being posters is absurd. Posters are printed using cheaper techniques and FAR cheaper paper. A signature is not what separates a print from a poster. The VAST majority of fine art prints that are sold the world around don't have signatures.

Got my order in for 3 - 2 packs. Also picked up some of the Dragon Age lithos on sale. Some of them are really nice and at roughly 30 bucks a pop, a steal of a deal right now. If there are any litho collectors in here you should check it out. They even have a 2 pack for 52 bucks. In all honesty, Bioware make some of the nicest lithos I have seen yet coming from video game companies. Get em while you can!

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Got my order in for 3 - 2 packs. Also picked up some of the Dragon Age lithos on sale. Some of them are really nice and at roughly 30 bucks a pop, a steal of a deal right now. If there are any litho collectors in here you should check it out. They even have a 2 pack for 52 bucks. In all honesty, Bioware make some of the nicest lithos I have seen yet coming from video game companies. Get em while you can![/QUOTE]

It's too bad they only made 2 full sized Dragon Age Origins lithos. Lithographs of Morrigan, Darkspawn and Loghain would have been epic.

I hate DAII as it is but received the Hawke litho as a gift. It looks pretty nice.

[quote name='HornyPony']It's too bad they only made 2 full sized Dragon Age Origins lithos. Lithographs of Morrigan, Darkspawn and Loghain would have been epic.

I hate DAII as it is but received the Hawke litho as a gift. It looks pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I think they are really nice and it would have been nice to see them all full size. Deep Roads and Kirkwall are really nice. Then again I am an architecture junkie so anything with cool architecture in it and....well, I might be a bit biased on that front. The Merideth Knight Commander print is really the only one I don't care for. And again, at these prices its just a killer deal. Hell, I spent 6 times more, on a single Mass Effect print, than I did the entire collection of Dragon Age 2 lithos.

[quote name='scarhawk']Lol RIP Biowarestore
Crap litho after crap litho[/QUOTE]

LOL, what is wrong with people today. I swear its all the toxins and poisons in the environment. Its turning people's brains into mush.

I love my "Reaper Attack on Seattle" litho. These are kinda meh, Javik is aweosme, but not enough to warrant a litho. I like cool scenes more than the characters.

It looks like ME3 prints aren't as popular as ME2 prints....

[quote name='TheKbob']I love my "Reaper Attack on Seattle" litho. These are kinda meh, Javik is aweosme, but not enough to warrant a litho. I like cool scenes more than the characters.[/QUOTE]

I really wanted that one, but didn't pull the trigger fast enough. :(

Maybe there will be some others equally as awesome.

[quote name='gamingdroid']It looks like ME3 prints aren't as popular as ME2 prints....
[/QUOTE]

largely due to the fact that they aren't signed...or at least these first couple batches aren't

javik looks really nice tho...not sure why they wouldnt just name it "Javik" instead of prothean...

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Agreed, I think they are really nice and it would have been nice to see them all full size. Deep Roads and Kirkwall are really nice. Then again I am an architecture junkie so anything with cool architecture in it and....well, I might be a bit biased on that front. The Merideth Knight Commander print is really the only one I don't care for. And again, at these prices its just a killer deal. Hell, I spent 6 times more, on a single Mass Effect print, than I did the entire collection of Dragon Age 2 lithos.

LOL, what is wrong with people today. I swear its all the toxins and poisons in the environment. Its turning people's brains into mush.[/QUOTE]

LOL I've bought probably $1000 worth of Treehouse's lithos, and they are getting worse and worse, not just the art, but this new unsigned BS.

[quote name='scarhawk']LOL I've bought probably $1000 worth of Treehouse's lithos, and they are getting worse and worse, not just the art, but this new unsigned BS.[/QUOTE]

Nobody would try and argue against the fact that a signed print is better than an unsigned print. That's simply common sense. That said, I have been collecting lithographs for well over 15 years, with subject matter ranging from wildlife to comics to high quality reproduction of classic paintings and the VAST majority of lithographs on the market don't come with signatures from the artists. Some do and again obviously that is preferable but to somehow suggest that Lithographs without signatures are somehow not worth collecting...well, that's nothing short of ridiculous.

As for your suggestion that the art is getting worse....well, that's 100% subjective and I happen to disagree 100%. The Reapers Attack Lithograph is actually my 2nd favorite print released to date. And in regards to character prints, Javic and Aria are right on par with all of the other character prints released thus far. In fact, I would say the art is getting better as the last 4-5 prints released from the ME2 series were totally lame. Dead Reaper, Prototype SR2, and Purgatory Cells are actually still available on the Bioware store right now and they still have quite a few left in stock. The first 4 ME3 prints are light years better than those final ME2 prints, at least imo. So again, I couldn't possibly disagree more. Besides, my comment about brains going to mush was particularly aimed at the Bioware store going under soon comment. If someone actually believes that drivel than they have serious issues up top. I can guarantee you that the Bioware store isn't going anywhere. Bioware is making money hand over fist through their web store and its not going anywhere.

[quote name='proKoyeon']largely due to the fact that they aren't signed...or at least these first couple batches aren't

javik looks really nice tho...not sure why they wouldnt just name it "Javik" instead of prothean...[/QUOTE]

Wait, these lithos aren't signed?

I'm gonna go cancel my order then.... I was expecting a signed litho like the other ones.

edit: Sure enough, they dont' say signed. Gonna cancel:

"Limited Edition of 500 prints, individually numbered with limited edition foil N7 embellishment
Sized 18x24", 100 lb. paper"

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Nobody would try and argue against the fact that a signed print is better than an unsigned print. That's simply common sense. That said, I have been collecting lithographs for well over 15 years, with subject matter ranging from wildlife to comics to high quality reproduction of classic paintings and the VAST majority of lithographs on the market don't come with signatures from the artists. Some do and again obviously that is preferable but to somehow suggest that Lithographs without signatures are somehow not worth collecting...well, that's nothing short of ridiculous. [/quote]

Really, it comes down to personal preference (and there's certainly nothing wrong with your beliefs) but these lithographs are getting worse and worse in the amount of effort they are putting into them... (No autograph larger print run) and allot of people are going to be put off by that... Which is certainly their choice in the matter.

Honestly, I hope no one is looking into this as a future money maker as I just don't see them maturing... So, basically, if you want the art hanging on your wall buy it. If not, I would pass.

So I just started buying lithographs(a little late to the party) but I remember reading something a while ago about needing an acid-free mat. Can I just put my lithos in any frame that is the correct size without worrying about that or do I need an acid free matting to prevent the yellowing on the litho?

[quote name='AgentSquishy']So I just started buying lithographs(a little late to the party) but I remember reading something a while ago about needing an acid-free mat. Can I just put my lithos in any frame that is the correct size without worrying about that or do I need an acid free matting to prevent the yellowing on the litho?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how long you want to preserve it.

[quote name='AgentSquishy']So I just started buying lithographs(a little late to the party) but I remember reading something a while ago about needing an acid-free mat. Can I just put my lithos in any frame that is the correct size without worrying about that or do I need an acid free matting to prevent the yellowing on the litho?[/QUOTE]

Acid free mat prevents yellowing, but it takes a while. Generally the mat is a fractional cost of the frame though....

Anyone know where I can buy those spacers to prevent the lithograph from touching the frame?

Not only are the artwork getting in a sense lamer. Because they aren't really releasing artwork we haven't seen. But also, because they seem to offer less incentive value ever since i finished the game.

Since then, i've been trying to sell my Pragia, purgatory, TIM, prototype, dead reaper, Cerberus and probably signed team lithograph as well.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Nobody would try and argue against the fact that a signed print is better than an unsigned print. That's simply common sense. That said, I have been collecting lithographs for well over 15 years, with subject matter ranging from wildlife to comics to high quality reproduction of classic paintings and the VAST majority of lithographs on the market don't come with signatures from the artists. Some do and again obviously that is preferable but to somehow suggest that Lithographs without signatures are somehow not worth collecting...well, that's nothing short of ridiculous.

As for your suggestion that the art is getting worse....well, that's 100% subjective and I happen to disagree 100%. The Reapers Attack Lithograph is actually my 2nd favorite print released to date. And in regards to character prints, Javic and Aria are right on par with all of the other character prints released thus far. In fact, I would say the art is getting better as the last 4-5 prints released from the ME2 series were totally lame. Dead Reaper, Prototype SR2, and Purgatory Cells are actually still available on the Bioware store right now and they still have quite a few left in stock. The first 4 ME3 prints are light years better than those final ME2 prints, at least imo. So again, I couldn't possibly disagree more. Besides, my comment about brains going to mush was particularly aimed at the Bioware store going under soon comment. If someone actually believes that drivel than they have serious issues up top. I can guarantee you that the Bioware store isn't going anywhere. Bioware is making money hand over fist through their web store and its not going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

In the past, people were F5 spamming the site to even get a shot at grabbing a litho. Nowadays, Treehouse is struggling to clear out their stock, even with discounts.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Acid free mat prevents yellowing, but it takes a while. Generally the mat is a fractional cost of the frame though....

Anyone know where I can buy those spacers to prevent the lithograph from touching the frame?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't take nearly as long as some people think especially if your using really cheap mat board. I have seen yellowing occur in less than a years time. Most people just don't notice when it first starts happening as the shades of yellow are extremely subdued. It becomes very easy to see however if you hold up a yellowing print to one that isn't yellowing. If your going to spend good hard earned money on limited edition lithographs then spend the extra coin and buy archival rag board. A lot of art stores or framing shops will sell you individual sheets, which is far more affordable than buying 10, 25 or 50 packs. Light impressions is where I buy all of my rag mat board. Just outstanding quality! Of course, this goes for storing lithographs in sheets or albums as well. Make sure its archival materials like archival polyester or polypropylene.

As for framing, trust me on this one and learn to do it yourself. Its actually pretty easy to cut mat board and frame a print and the money it will save you is substantial to say the least. Yes, it does take a litte bit of investment to start you off but the money you save will more than make up for it. You will save anywhere from 60-80% by framing something yourself. Just find a place that sells wholesale frames and glass. I do all of my own framing and most of the time I can do so for under 30 bucks a pop and that included archival rag board, glare free glass and the frame.

[quote name='scarhawk']In the past, people were F5 spamming the site to even get a shot at grabbing a litho. Nowadays, Treehouse is struggling to clear out their stock, even with discounts.[/QUOTE]

Lets be real here. MANY People's opinion of this franchise has changed DRAMATICALLY since the release of Mass Effect 3, and not for the better. In fact, that's pretty much the understatement of the decade right there. Its pretty much common sense to assume that many of the people spamming f5, and many of the people who were spending that kind of money on ME lithographs, were in fact the die hard Mass Effect fans and it was the die hard fans that were most disappointed by the 3rd release. If you don't think that is going to effect the sales of ME merchandise, including the lithos, then your not living in reality.

Besides, as I have already stated, you can still buy the last 4 ME2 lithos from the Bioware store. They never even sold out and are still available to this day. So sales have in fact picked back up with the ME3 lithos as Reapers Attack sold out in the first two days and Aria sold out in just over a week. I dont know what the status is of the two latest releases but it really doesn't matter anyways. The bottom line is everything that has been brought up in regards to the quality of these prints, except the lack of signature, is subjective opinion. Would you have skipped the ME2 lithos if they didn't have a signature? Again its nice to have a signature but its not required, at least not in my book. My collection would be 10% of its current size if I got rid of all my unsigned limited edition lithos.

The bottom line is that short of the signature, these prints are identical in quality to the ME2 lithos, right down to the quality of the paper being used. Everything else is subjective opinion, which again I happen to 100% disagree with and there is no point going back and forth over disagreements in subjective opinion. I understand and respect that there are people out there that have opinions that differ from my own. The world would be a really lame place if that wasnt the case and everyone had the same opinion.

As for the struggling to clear out stock comment. You have to be kidding me, lol. Where do some of you come up with this stuff? There have only been 4 ME prints, in the entire series to date, that Bioware has had a hard time selling and those are the last 4 ME2 lithos that are still available at the Bioware store. I have already expressed my opinion that those are easily the weakest prints released to date and that the ME3 lithos are VASTLY superior to the last 4 ME 2 lithos. As for the new ME3 lithos, which is really what we were discussing....well, suggesting that Treehouse is struggling to sell them is nothing short of BS. Again Reapers sold out in 2 days, Aria roughly a week, and the latest two were just released a few days back. If you honestly think that selling 1000 lithographs in a weeks time represents struggling to sell something then your understanding of business is severely warped, no offense intended.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Really, it comes down to personal preference (and there's certainly nothing wrong with your beliefs) but these lithographs are getting worse and worse in the amount of effort they are putting into them... (No autograph larger print run) and allot of people are going to be put off by that... Which is certainly their choice in the matter.

Honestly, I hope no one is looking into this as a future money maker as I just don't see them maturing... So, basically, if you want the art hanging on your wall buy it. If not, I would pass.[/QUOTE]

Once again, short of the signature, everything else your talking about is opinion and I disgree. I think the art was great in the beginning of the ME2 run and got considerably worse as it went on and now its going back up again. IMO, the first 4 ME3 lithos are light years ahead of the last 4 ME2 lithos. As for the print run size, they changed that early in the ME2 run so I dont understand why you would bring that up now and I don't understand how increasing the print run from 300 to 500 equates to less effort. 500 is a very common print run size and in all honesty, increasing the size of the run was a very smart move, especially considering how popular they were becoming. Many of the ME2 litho's were super hard to get even at 500. If they would have kept them at 300....well, I don't see how making it almost impossible to get one and significantly increasing the cost in the 2nd hand market equates to a positive thing for fans of video game memorabilia. I guess we will just agree to disagree and leave it at that. 500 is still extremely limited when you look at the size of the fan base.

These wont be as valuable as the early to mid ME2 prints but that is more due to what happened with ME3 than it is the prints themselves. These will still increase in value. To that I have zero doubt. Besides, I already sold 2 sets of Reaper and Aria and it paid for the 2 sets I kept so I have nothing to lose. I plan on doing the same with Anderson and The Prothean as well as all of the other prints released. One day, I will list my 100% complete ME litho collection on eBay and I have zero doubt the return I get will make me a very happy man indeed. Until then I get to enjoy collecting and displaying them. Again, I respect that people have different opinions. If you dislike these lithos now then simply wash your hands of them and never give them another thought.

How big does the opening on the mat need to be? Would a 12x18 or 14x18 opening work? I'm not at home and i forgot to measure. I want to stop on my way home from work.

bread's done
Back