The Macho Man Randy Savage Wrestling Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20110717_mitb_cmpunk4_vs_r.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']The intensity of this match was incredible, but it really exposed Cena as a fucking awful wrestler. He's fucking terrible, terrible, terrible in the ring.[/QUOTE]

Cena going hold for hold with and outwrestling Punk for the majority of the match was laughable and really had me think they were just going to SuperCena and make Punk look bad on his way out.

I'm glad Punk won the match, but come on the main event wasn't that good. It was nothing but rest holds until the end. Not to mention Punk blew quite a few spots. Overall I'd give the PPV 3* out of 5.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I'm glad Punk won the match, but come on the main event wasn't that good. It was nothing but rest holds until the end. Not to mention Punk blew quite a few spots. Overall I'd give the PPV 3* out of 5.[/QUOTE]

If you think a professional wrestling match is nothing but spots and workrate, you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='Brak']lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll[/QUOTE]

Really? Because I think the emotion, storytelling, and action (sans a few botches) in this match were absolutely off the chain.

Y'know, this might be backpedaling a bit, but Cena/Punk was probably on the same level as Taker/HHH this year. God damn, it's a close call though.

[quote name='LoveLost']When was the last time that Wrestling has been so relevant? Has it overtaken the internet like this ever before?[/QUOTE]

Mauro Ranallo tweeted to Punk and WWE, and Jim Ross will be on this week's Rewind (from Sherdog). Crossovers galore.

Still can't believe they gave us the ending I thought wouldn't happen. Surreal night. I even saw an "@Lagana" sign be advertised for, like, half a minute.

Between this and Danielson, good faith has been, say, 33.3-percent restored by WWE.

I believe they just took Punk's WWE Universe page on facebook down and right after I posted "go on, take the title and run. awesome" lol

Come on now seriously you think this story is going to go somewhere? All it's going to do is setup a rematch @ Summerslam and let Cena win the belt back. CM Punk is over in the major cities (Boston, NYC, Chicago) just like any other heel working Cena, but in 80% of the place Cena marks rule the game. That's a fact.

[quote name='pimpster4183']Come on now seriously you think this story is going to go somewhere? All it's going to do is setup a rematch @ Summerslam and let Cena win the belt back. CM Punk is over in the major cities (Boston, NYC, Chicago) just like any other heel working Cena, but in 80% of the place Cena marks rule the game. That's a fact.[/QUOTE]

I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say SHUT THE fuck UP and let us enjoy this.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I'm glad Punk won the match, but come on the main event wasn't that good. It was nothing but rest holds until the end. Not to mention Punk blew quite a few spots. Overall I'd give the PPV 3* out of 5.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pimpster4183']Come on now seriously you think this story is going to go somewhere? All it's going to do is setup a rematch @ Summerslam and let Cena win the belt back. CM Punk is over in the major cities (Boston, NYC, Chicago) just like any other heel working Cena, but in 80% of the place Cena marks rule the game. That's a fact.[/QUOTE]

Well, all I can say is:

tumblr_lfxrgeV2wJ1qaspmko1_500.jpg

What an incredible match. This PPV was better than the last several Wrestle Manias. The match was just exciting and intense. I loved how much the crowd was into it. I wish I had gone to the show. I can't even remember the last time I was excited about the WWE product.

lol I'm not hating, I'm glad Punk won. I can't stand Cena. I'm just saying the match wasn't 5* like everyone is making it out to be.

[quote name='pimpster4183']lol I'm not hating, I'm glad Punk won. I can't stand Cena. I'm just saying the match wasn't 5* like everyone is making it out to be.[/QUOTE]

I consider it 5 stars if graded on a curve. Put it up against most matches in WWE, and it's much better. The story telling, and the 'electricity', for the lack of a better term, during the match was incredible. Yeah, there were technical errors and such, but, seeing as Cena's matches always end up the same, and this was not the case. So, 5 stars? No, but put it up against what we usually get, and in a way, it is a 5 star match. Punk winning and KEEPING the belt was like the icing on the cake.

We broke 2000 on the perfect night to do so. MITB was amazing. Pics and vids will be posted in the next thread once I get them off the camera.

RIP Macho Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back