The Macho Man Randy Savage Wrestling Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way Punk's winning that title. They're just giving him this last run to show him what he can have and what he'll be missing if he leaves. Punk's a smart guy though, and he'll realize that this isn't what he'll be missing because it took him leaving in order for him to get it. Also, he'll remember that before Sunday he hasn't won a PPV match since April 2010.

If anyone missed last Thursday's Impact, they're showing it again tonight at the normal time on Spike. It's one of the better shows in a long time and is definitely worth watching.

[quote name='trakan']if any since everyone missed last thursday's impact, they're showing it again tonight at the normal time on spike. It's one of the better shows in a long time and is definitely worth watching.[/quote]

ftfy

Catch Impact if you missed it. It was a great episode. I've really been digging TNA since they changed to Impact Wrestling. Really good TV matches and the storylines aren't as stupid.

Sting cut a great promo on Impact. Lots of emotion and intensity without saying too much. Good TV matches all around too.

[quote name='mykevermin']normal time? tonight?[/QUOTE]

Last week's show is being aired again tonight. 8 central time.

Loved the X-division match with all old ROH/TNA guys. They hinted that one of the future matches for destination x-division contact will have unknown guys who have never worked TNA. I really want to see Austin Aries win it. Guy deserves one more run on TV and he isn't waiting for ROH to come back apparently.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Austin Aries has already been in TNA as Austin Starr back in the early Spike TV days.[/QUOTE]
If I'm not mistaken that was his 2nd time with TNA and was fired for not showing up for a tapping.

More updates about the voting fiasco last night. Looks like they're gonna make the real match between Bourne/Sin Cara for next week's Raw.

Votes for the third poll’s bout — Kane vs. Mark Henry in an Arm Wrestling Contest — were counted correctly. However, problems began to occur again during the next poll determining a match stipulation between United States Champion Dolph Ziggler and Kofi Kingston. At this point, so many text votes were received that the system overloaded, crashed and had to be restarted.

With little information to work from, WWE management selected to follow the system’s earliest projections, which determined that the 2-out-of-3 Falls Match had been the people’s choice. It was not until later that it was discovered that “Vickie Guerrero Banned from Ringside” was actually the top vote getter.

Restarting the tabulating system allowed for things to run smoothly with the voting for the Triple Threat Match to determine a No. 1 contender for the WWE Championship going off without a hitch.

Regrettably, technical difficulties occurred once more leading up to the night’s Six-Man Tag Team Match main event, when it became apparent to WWE management that text votes were again not being tabulated properly. At this time, a decision was made to turn to WWE.com’s Live Chat Poll for the official judgment. With the power still in the hands of the people, the WWE Universe selected the Elimination Match (option C) by an overwhelming 87 percent, leading to this stipulation being enacted.

In light of these unfortunate technical problems, WWE apologizes to our fans, Superstars and Divas affected by this situation. Furthermore, to make it up to you, the WWE Universe, high-flyers Evan Bourne and Sin Cara will meet in the ring, live next Monday night on Raw!

[quote name='Demolition Man']Austin Aries has already been in TNA as Austin Starr back in the early Spike TV days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he had a good run back in 2005 when ROH and TNA still shared talent. I just feel bad for the guy because he thought WWE Tough Enough was a real competition and then they didn't cast him because the show is a work.

I've been enjoying Impact for the last few weeks. I've yet to watch last week's show but I've heard good things. Things seem to be getting a little better.

In case anyone forgot.

ROHBestoftheWorld2011flyer-821x1024.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S9oWIpl7So&feature=player_embedded

Pretty good promo from Jay Briscoe for the ROH iPPV this Sunday.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The following video is NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZwQClI5_8
[/QUOTE]

What he really said was
Let me get my JACKET off. You know, to be prepared to dance

[quote name='Demolition Man']The following video is NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZwQClI5_8
[/QUOTE]

What he really said was
let me get my JACKET off.

[quote name='Halo05']Who the fuck broke the thread?

The Briscoes are making me feel so smart.[/QUOTE]

The Briscoes are the definition of No Gimmick Needed.

[quote name='masked lemon']Nobody forgot, Anus Solid. We just don't care.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all. Just because Anus brought it up doesn't mean it's not going to be great. If you want wrestling cartoons, by all means, keep on watching the vanilla, safe-because-you've-always-watched-it WWE. If you want to see some actual, high-quality wrestling then you'll pony up the lousy $15 and watch the ROH iPPV. The argument that there isn't any good wrestling is null and void as long as you're willing to get out of the WWE comfort zone.

[quote name='neocisco']Not true at all. Just because Anus brought it up doesn't mean it's not going to be great. If you want wrestling cartoons, by all means, keep on watching the vanilla, safe-because-you've-always-watched-it WWE. If you want to see some actual, high-quality wrestling then you'll pony up the lousy $15 and watch the ROH iPPV. The argument that there isn't any good wrestling is null and void as long as you're willing to get out of the WWE comfort zone.[/QUOTE]

But is there any way I can split it with eight friends? $15 is too much.

[quote name='masked lemon']Nobody forgot, Anus Solid. We just don't care.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually more excited for this PPV than I've been for anything the "competition" has put forth.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']But is there any way I can split it with eight friends? $15 is too much.[/QUOTE]

iPPV sharing, coming soon to a PS3 near you!

[quote name='cdubb1605']That CM Punk picture with him and the sign gets me everytime.[/QUOTE]

I can't figure out what it says exactly. Obviously part of it is easily readable "You will never ______ better than Jeff"

Seeing that gif of "Sports Entertainers" really has me puzzled as to what his current angle is. Is he genuinely doing whatever the fuck he wants now or is this just an angle approved by WWE ala Stone Cold or (WCW's) NWO? While I would like to think its the former the implication there is that there is no possible way he is re-signing with the company if he is having the "one foot out the door" mentality. (As a side note, let's be honest, the greatest days of any job are the first day and the time from when you put in your notice and when you actually leave. I know I enjoyed it.)

At any rate, that brings us to the latter. Would WWE really allow Punk to go this wild if they're gonna hold back Zack Ryder for his veiled Youtube comments about WWE creative? Obviously Punk's and Ryder's value to the company are vastly different but still it does make you wonder.

Personally, I'm hoping its all an angle mainly for the fact that I don't want to see Punk go anywhere. It'll be interesting to see what happens at MitB with him.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']"You will never been better than Jeff"[/QUOTE]

See, I thought it said "been" but now I see why it's such an amusing sign.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I can't figure out what it says exactly. Obviously part of it is easily readable "You will never ______ better than Jeff"

Seeing that gif of "Sports Entertainers" really has me puzzled as to what his current angle is. Is he genuinely doing whatever the fuck he wants now or is this just an angle approved by WWE ala Stone Cold or (WCW's) NWO? While I would like to think its the former the implication there is that there is no possible way he is re-signing with the company if he is having the "one foot out the door" mentality. (As a side note, let's be honest, the greatest days of any job are the first day and the time from when you put in your notice and when you actually leave. I know I enjoyed it.)

At any rate, that brings us to the latter. Would WWE really allow Punk to go this wild if they're gonna hold back Zack Ryder for his veiled Youtube comments about WWE creative? Obviously Punk's and Ryder's value to the company are vastly different but still it does make you wonder.

Personally, I'm hoping its all an angle mainly for the fact that I don't want to see Punk go anywhere. It'll be interesting to see what happens at MitB with him.[/QUOTE]

Here is what I would LOVE to happen with the WWE title (there is NO chance, but I can hope). Have Punk win, take the title and go out on top. Then have a tournament to determine a new champ culminating at Summerslam. Say it comes to Cena and Miz, have Cena win and while he celebrates have WHOEVER won the WWE MITB match come down and take out Cena to win the belt, its like instant heel kinda like when they turned Punk heel by having him beat Hardy. The more likely scenarios, Cena wins and humiliates Punk or Punk wins then is automatically taken out by the MITB winner.

That has the be the most boring fucking hype video I've ever seen. If this is what I'm missing by not watching Ring of Honor, I think I'll manage just fine.

I wish I could order the PPV, but I'm strapped for cash. That match is going to be incredible. I think I'm going to find someway to order it. I really don't want to miss it.

Are they doing any specials with the ROH PPV like Dragon Gate USA does, or is the $15 strictly for that single PPV?

I'm debating getting tickets for the ROH show on Sunday. Has anyone gone to a show at Hammerstein Ballroom and sat in the second balcony? Tickets are only $10 but was wondering how good/bad the view is from those seats. I've been there multiple times for concerts but never for wrestling.

You should go just to say you got to see wrestling there. Also, if you've been there for concerts multiple times you should know the general layout of the place already. I've only seen it on TV but it looks tiny enough that any seat would have a good view.

[quote name='MP77']I'm debating getting tickets for the ROH show on Sunday. Has anyone gone to a show at Hammerstein Ballroom and sat in the second balcony? Tickets are only $10 but was wondering how good/bad the view is from those seats. I've been there multiple times for concerts but never for wrestling.[/QUOTE]

Do it or risk forever regretting not having done it.

From 1993 until 1999, I lived in the suburbs of DC. I loved ECW but I always procrastinated when it came to driving the 3-4 hours up to Philly to catch an ECW show. Ultimately I saw a show down in Richmond, and while awesome, the atmosphere wasn't exactly the same (although the 20+ minute main event of RVD vs. Spike Dudley for the TV title was amazing). In late 99 I moved away from DC and a year later, ECW was dead.

I don't think that ROH is going anywhere anytime soon, but this is a fickle business and me not sucking it up and driving up to Philly to the ECW Arena remains my biggest wrestling-related regret by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back