The Macho Man Randy Savage Wrestling Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else see the Dolph Ziggler figure sitting on the shake weight next to a Ghostbuster at 1:20?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Best episode of ZTLIS! yet.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Um...what? Can anybody explain this?[/QUOTE]
On-going Melina being a crazy bitch/Gail Kim drama. Specifically this video is in response to:
316b1if.jpg

Going to my first Chikara show here in Cleveland Sunday. Sabu is working the indy show right after in the same venue. That would be cool to see, but I'm thinking I'll be burnt out by the time the Chikara show is over.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "SEVEN" show last July was the best show I have ever seen live, and that includes multiple WrestleManias, SummerSlams, ROH events, Raw, SD, DGUSA, etc. The card for "EIGHT" looks like it may be able to top it.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Presents EIGHT
Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 8:00PM Bell Time - Reseda, CA
American Legion Post #308 - 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
Claudio Castagnoli (Champion) vs. Davey Richards (Challenger)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Champions) vs. The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky - Challengers)

Dream Rematch I
"The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Dream Rematch II
Chris Hero vs. Low Ki

Tag Team Match
El Generico & Ricochet vs. Alex Shelley & Roderick Strong

Singles Match
"Pretty" Peter Avalon vs. Brandon Gatson

Tag Team Match
Fightin' Taylor Boys (Brian Cage-Taylor & Ryan Taylor) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Check http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/news/ for detailed match info and hilarious comments.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Um...what? Can anybody explain this?

I love how Melina is rocking the trollface during the whole video.[/QUOTE]

I think they're trying to be like Ryder and build up their characters through the internet since WWE isnt going to do anything with them.

And yeaaaasssshhhhhh at her face, looks just like the Joker from Batman 1989.

[quote name='TheRock88']I think they're trying to be like Ryder and build up their characters through the internet since WWE isnt going to do anything with them.

And yeaaaasssshhhhhh at her face, looks just like the Joker from Batman 1989.[/QUOTE]

I definitely just got the funniest mental image of Melina doing the Bat Dance.

What the hell just happened there. Abyss hit Sting with a big boot, then slumped into the corner while Sting popped back up and gave him the Stinger Splash.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Speaking of ROH....

New logo?

newroh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It looks like a cross between their original logo and a shitty tribal tattoo.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']That new Ring of Honor logo looks pretty slick in my opinion. Has a nice little MMA vibe to it.[/QUOTE]

I can totally see it tattooed on some D-bag if that's what you mean. :) But yeah... it's got a little flair and looks MMAish. Not a bad idea.

According to the Ring of Honor / Sinclair press conference:

The TV series will be doing away with the squash matches from the HDNet iteration and will focus more on the real wrestler's backstories instead of creating characters.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']According to the Ring of Honor / Sinclair press conference:

The TV series will be doing away with the squash matches from the HDNet iteration and will focus more on the real wrestler's backstories instead of creating characters.[/QUOTE]
I've always wanted to know the backstory of Andy "Right Leg" Ridge.

If there is a weekly skit called the Misadventures of Cheech and Cloudy then count me in.

Also the Melina and Gail Kim feud is from WWE Superstars (Thursdays on WWE.com). It doesn't make an ounce of sense. Melina was heel and Gail was face when the story started, but Melina is mad at Gail for being a bad friend when they have not been on screen at all with each other in months if ever.

Welcome to the big leagues, kid

After the Tough Enough finale part of RAW a few weeks back, WWE’s John Laurinaitis ripped into Andy Leavine for about five minutes about how Leavine shit on everything Vince McMahon and Steve Austin have done for the business, and about how he was a piece of crap who will never amount to anything in the business. Laurinaitis was mad because they felt Andy should have stayed down longer after the slap from Vince and the Stunner from Austin.

[quote name='Scorch']Welcome to the big leagues, kid[/QUOTE]

He wouldn't have that problem if they'd hit him for real. *cough*

[quote name='davo1224']Where would wrestling be without incompetent lower midcarders like Johnny Ace, Terry Taylor, and Michael Hayes?[/QUOTE]

Yeah man nobody remembers the Freebirds. Those guys were all total garbage on the level of the Spirit Squad.

If my choices are "dead of a drug overdose" Sting and "jesus freak" Sting, I'll take the latter every time. Not that the two are mutually exclusive but after Macho, I need a break from dying wrestlers for a long time.

EDIT - I loled.

0624-the-crap-we-missed-02-480x643.jpg

Very few people can pull off wearing their own t-shirt. Cena looks like a tool when he does it. I never liked it when Edge did it either. With Rock, somehow it seems right.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Shoulda Been Harvey']The Stinger is on one of his Jesus kicks again.[/QUOTE]

Why does it have to be a "jesus kick"? Is there something wrong with a wrestler having a religion or a faith that they practice? Couldn't you have just said "looks like Sting is doing a movie" or something?

Wow. That's one guy who I figured was bullet proof. I expected his active wrestling days to lead directly to a road agent job/training role. He didn't have as many "holy shit awesome" matches as Eddie but I always felt it was more about him being misused as opposed to any lack of talent on his part.

If he's still looking to work in the US on a moderately big stage, I bet TNA signs him.

EDIT - I guess I meant that if it hadn't happened by now, I never expected it to happen.

[quote name='Halo05']Wow. That's one guy who I figured was bullet proof.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet Vickie will be right behind him; if not future endeavored, she'll quit. TBH I figured he was about gone when Eddie passed, and the only reason they kept him was cause they'd look like dicks firing him after Eddie's death.

Looks like he asked for his release

From his twitter account
"Yes, it's true. My release is the big news I was talking about. But let's get something straight. I asked for my release. I was just tired..Of not being used correctly. Just cuz u can make other ppl look good, doesn't mean they should just have u lose to them. The same thing...Happened to Eddie. After being champ, they still had him working mid card status. Being a Guerrero, we've been taught since diapers to get..The most out of ppl & matches. It's our gift, but also our curse. WWE has always used us to make other ppl look good. It all comes down to Being happy. I was not happy in WWE anymore. I had a smile on my face last night though when I got my release though! :) now it's time for For me to start being a Guerrero again, and start kicking ass again, be able to tell stories in the ring like u know we can. :) win or lose"

[quote name='xilly']Why does it have to be a "jesus kick"? Is there something wrong with a wrestler having a religion or a faith that they practice? Couldn't you have just said "looks like Sting is doing a movie" or something?[/QUOTE]
Nope, nothing wrong with it if they want to believe in it. I was referring more to the interview and his incredibly cheesy responses like "The biggest match of my life was against God, and he thankfully wrestled me down to the ground before it was too late.". I wouldn't mind seeing him in a 2-in-1 with with the Hardys for a bibles, ladders, and chairs match at Hard Justice though.

EDIT: And while I am not at all a religious person I can respect Sting for at least sticking to his beliefs unlike say Ted DiBiase Sr. and HBK who will forget theirs when a paycheck is involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chavo is one of the few guys I wouldn't mind seeing in TNA because he can actually wrestle and could help build up some of the younger guys on the roster. I hope he goes there or does some ROH dates because he's really good in the ring. He was just never used properply. I really enjoyed his time as WWE Cruiserweight and ECW champ. Those matches were always solid.

I don't think they'll get rid of Vickie. She brings ridiculous heat to whoever she is paired with. I do hope they move her away from Ziggler soon though, he is established enough to stand on his own at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back