The Macho Man Randy Savage Wrestling Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that rumor really is from Meltzer, I wonder if Brock is just having too many health issues to stick with UFC. I know he had to go back for more surgery not too long ago.

[quote name='Habbler']How did I not hear about this until now?

It looks like TNA had a spinoff federation all based on race car drivers wrestling in the ring. Produced by Jeff Jarrett and filmed in the Impact Zone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Wheels_Wrestling

Good news is that there are established talent, but the bad news is that they were all renamed. Jay Lethal = RPM. Sonjay Dutt = Schwagg Dutt. Shawn Davairi = Dubai.

Looks like on the first episode the singles matches were all conducted under Most Pinfalls wins rules. Cool idea, but the matches are only 5 minutes long. Sonjay apparently got pinned 4 times in a 5 minute match. Sounds like TNA booking to me.[/QUOTE]

Christ, as if wrestling didn't cater to the NASCAR demographic enough as it is.

Haha... wow. I remember seeing references to that promotion a while back, but I honestly assumed it was a joke.

I can't believe that's a real thing. Jesus.

Mother*fuck* early-to-mid 90's WWF was fucking terrible. Let's get a TL Hopper promo while we're at it.

Speaking of hillbilly heaven, there was a celebrity boxing card that featured some wrestling in the area last night. The main event was a boxing match: Danny Bonaduce vs The Octo-mom.

Former WWE star Colt Cabana was interviewed this week by the Miami Herald and had a lot to say about CM Punk's shoot promo from RAW. Colt says that Punk's rant was almost entirely reality-based and reflected the frustrations Punk has felt in WWE since his first days with the company.

“That whole thing has been building up forever,” Cabana said. “Personally, for almost forever, his whole time there, he is able to say this to me in the comfort of my house or his house.

“From being laughed at by the trainers in Ohio Valley Wrestling to Paul [Heyman] finally bringing him up and everybody treating him like dirt, telling him he has an attitude problem and calling him the ‘King of the Indies.’ Just looking down on him, he just felt shunned his whole time there. It was a complete struggle.”

Many are still under the impression that this angle is a storyline and that Punk will remain with WWE following his contract expiring the day after his title shot at Money In The Bank on 7/17, but Punk has been burnt out for a long time and is at the point where he just wants out.

“The power of him not really caring because he was ready to leave — I always said the power of not giving a s--- is so important,” Cabana said. “He is really at the point where he just wants to get out of there. It’s too frustrating for him. If he said anything that made anybody mad, what are they going to do to him? Not re-sign him? He doesn’t want to be there."

“So I think that idea is so powerful. He is so strong in his beliefs with the straight edge lifestyle. By being how strong headed that he is, he was able to have the power to go out on television and say what probably every other wrestler has wanted to say. He made unbelievable television. He made unbelievable history in wrestling."

Punk may be on his way out of WWE, but Colt thinks his promo from RAW has the potential to change entire industry:

“He almost has the ability to change professional wrestling as we know it. It has been so stagnant and vanilla. It kind of shook up the wrestling world because of his real life frustrations.”

Discuss, fuckers

That promo was great both because of and despite WWE. They unwittingly set the circumstances and conditions which caused Punk to feel this way and it worked despite all of their efforts to be as bland and cookie cutter as they humanly could. WWE's product is an utter joke and what little spice and flavor they have is (hopefully) walking out the door in less than 3 weeks. It's just sad that anyone continues to watch it all. If anyone were to just take a moment to step back and look at it with some perspective they would realize it's something that's not worth wasting time on.

[quote name='neocisco']That promo was great both because of and despite WWE. They unwittingly set the circumstances and conditions which caused Punk to feel this way and it worked despite all of their efforts to be as bland and cookie cutter as they humanly could. WWE's product is an utter joke and what little spice and flavor they have is (hopefully) walking out the door in less than 3 weeks. It's just sad that anyone continues to watch it all. If anyone were to just take a moment to step back and look at it with some perspective they would realize it's something that's not worth wasting time on.[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree, and there have been many, many times where I wasn't going to watch, and for whatever reason, I would go ahead and watch, hoping for moments like Punk's promo. These moments are very, very few and far between, but when they do happen, they're awesome, and it almost feels like you're apart of some sort of huge change. With Punk's promo comes the opportunity for a huge change. Will WWE seize the opportunity? Probably not, unfortunately.

The whole DMX vs McMahon deal, Austin vs McMahon, the current and long running "network management" thing on TNA... It all stinks of this lower and middle class notion of the higher ups being against you no matter what. I think that's wrestling's real appeal and has been so since NWO/WCW came around and really brought about this notion of a band of rogues taking on "the company". Of course with the average fan of wrestling not being, well, gifted in the intelligence department it comes off as genuine.

Quite honestly I see the Punk promo as an epic live TV "fuck you, I quit, what're you gonna do". Did it start that way? Nope, but I think when he hits that "oops, I'm breaking the 4th wall" bit, he jumps so far off script and gets into how he really feels that it's really hard to see where performance and reality bump against each other.

One gets the notion that WWE is a top down or rather authoritarian kind of place. What's so dissapointing about TNA is that they present themselves as the performers being in charge, but their product is no better (if not worse at times) than the WWE. Then you have a guy like Punk who would embody that spirit of bottom up to a T and just be absolutely GOLDEN in TNA if they weren't such fuck-ups overall. Instead he'll dissapear into obscurity and not have the chance to really change things the way he could.

I'm quite cynical that they'll lead to a change, just like Heyman's "shoot" stuff from 10 years ago and like Styles' "shoot" stuff from 5 years ago. They were incredible at the time (and remain so), but WWE manages to revert right back to the status quo when on the verge of something great. They are not interested in taking risks or chances. They did not do so with Nexus last year despite a white hot start for them - they were dead within a week. They did not do so with Cena's firing last year.

Think about what you know of the hierarchy of guys in WWE today and think to yourself "Wade Barrett used to be a contender to the WWE title; is that believeable today?" The answer, to me, is clearly not. But that's because WWE didn't want to follow through; they got cold feet and returned to their comfort zone.

Also, look at the angle with Christian - they wouldn't even give a chance to an excellent wrestler and interview who worked with the company for over a decade. They're afraid to push anyone who isn't already "their guy." The Punk angle is interesting, but it will go nowhere, nor will it change anything.

Lesnar and Heyman returning? The latter, perhaps, but bullshit on the former.

I could see Punk pulling for them to sign Cabana if they want to keep him (Punk) on the roster; at the same time, Punk was partly responsible for Cabana's poor WWE career and release.

[quote name='mykevermin']I could see Punk pulling for them to sign Cabana if they want to keep him (Punk) on the roster; at the same time, Punk was partly responsible for Cabana's poor WWE career and release.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard this theory. Care to elaborate?

Can't say I truly know the details, but I'm not making shit up, either. Clearly it didn't lead to any animosity b/w the two, at least in the long term.

nasum, Austin v McMahon was a hilarious angle in hindsight because of its accidental Marxist (philosophical, not political) overtones. Anymore, however, the "evil owner" as the dominant storyline isn't even groan-inducing. It's channel-changing.

Only way I could see Brock coming back in any real capacity is if his health issues have continued to worsen (didn't he just have surgery again within the last couple of months?) and make it pretty much impossible to work as a UFC competitor. And even then, I'd hardly say it's a given.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm quite cynical that they'll lead to a change, just like Heyman's "shoot" stuff from 10 years ago and like Styles' "shoot" stuff from 5 years ago. They were incredible at the time (and remain so), but WWE manages to revert right back to the status quo when on the verge of something great. They are not interested in taking risks or chances. They did not do so with Nexus last year despite a white hot start for them - they were dead within a week. They did not do so with Cena's firing last year.

Think about what you know of the hierarchy of guys in WWE today and think to yourself "Wade Barrett used to be a contender to the WWE title; is that believeable today?" The answer, to me, is clearly not. But that's because WWE didn't want to follow through; they got cold feet and returned to their comfort zone.

Also, look at the angle with Christian - they wouldn't even give a chance to an excellent wrestler and interview who worked with the company for over a decade. They're afraid to push anyone who isn't already "their guy." The Punk angle is interesting, but it will go nowhere, nor will it change anything.

Lesnar and Heyman returning? The latter, perhaps, but bullshit on the former.

I could see Punk pulling for them to sign Cabana if they want to keep him (Punk) on the roster; at the same time, Punk was partly responsible for Cabana's poor WWE career and release.[/QUOTE]

Sadly it more than just Wade Barrett and Christian... Soon to be Del Rio, R-Truth, Miz, Morrison, etc.

They've made it clear those belts belong to Cena and Orton, anyone else is just borrowing them temporarily.

fair enough, RvB. The list of pretenders to the throne is long enough that it sheds light on why the product is so difficult to watch - it's the same cycle with a different cast of characters, with two rather unlikeable persons (Orton and Cena) constantly on top.

Also, add Sheamus to your list. I'm not entirely convinced that Morrison belongs there, but I'm not convinced he doesn't belong there, either.

Babyfaces have been hogging those belts for years. Which is re-god-damn-diculous when you think that the entire Triple H reign(s) of terror were highlighted by the philosophy that babyfaces chasing the title were ratings winners, while babyfaces holding the title were not.

[quote name='mykevermin']Also, add Sheamus to your list.[/QUOTE]

The fact that i completely forgot about Sheamus until I read this line illustrates your point. Part of me was hoping that guys like Sheamus, Barrett, and Kane/Show going for the second and third tier titles would give them some legitimacy again, but it seems like they did absolutely nothing.

Also, we forgot Dolph.

So THQ has put out the release list for DLC for WWE All Stars:

The Milion Dollar Pack - "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and his son, Ted DiBiase
* The Million Dollar Pack is now available for download at a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points or $1.99 via PlayStation Network.

R-Truth
* R-Truth is scheduled to be available for download free of charge to all WWE All Stars owners via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network on July 5, 2011.

The All-Time Greats Pack - Hawk, Animal, Jerry "The King" Lawler and Chris Jericho
* The All-Time Greats Pack is scheduled to be available for download on July 5, 2011 for a suggested purchase cost of 320 Microsoft Points or $3.99 via PlayStation Network.

The Southern Charisma Pack - Big Boss Man, Michael Hayes and Mark Henry:
* The Southern Charisma Pack is scheduled to be available for download on August 2, 2011 for a suggested purchase cost of 240 Microsoft Points or $2.99 via PlayStation Network.

I had a good laugh at Hayes and Henry being in a pack together. :)

Only reason I mentioned Morrison was because until his surgery he was going to be in that title hunt and had that match at Extreme Rules (of course we know he wouldn't actually get it...). He isn't quite through the chewed up and spit out turnstyle yet, his turn is currently on hold but will be coming soon.

Sad that I also forgot about Sheamus. Not that I agree with how fast he made it to the top card status, but the fact that he went from holding the title almost exactly 1 year ago to hardly showing up on TV anymore is staggering.

I wouldn't be surprised if Riley follows a similar path as Sheamus.

The autopsy report on Savage is out. The cause of death was heart disease:

The 58-year-old professional wrestler, who crashed his car into a tree last month in Florida, had an enlarged heart with severe blocking of his coronary arteries. Since he only suffered minor injuries in the crash, a Tampa Bay medical examiner ruled they were not significant enough to have caused his death.

Impact thoughts -

Very enjoyable show overall, but with some major weirdness as well. For one, the Sting-Hogan stuff was largely brutal to watch. Sting is TRYING with this role. I love the goofy grin in his pre-match graphic and that he's trying something new...but this Joker deal isn't quite clicking with me. They basically gave away Sting-Hogan tonight as well, or at least as much as Hogan can do. He took bat shots, something kind of resembling a bump onto his side, took the scorpion death lock after taking nine hours to roll from his back to his stomach with the aid of the rope and Sting, AND he punched Sting. WHAT MORE CAN HE PHYSICALLY DO IN AN ACTUAL MATCH!? He's destroyed, isn't getting any younger or healthier, so why give all of this away with zero build. Hogan saying that he "loved Scott Steiner, BIG BOOTY!" was glorious, and Sting dropping vitamins all over Hogan and the ring, then demanding water AND GETTING IT INSTANTLY FROM A CAMERA GUY was also funny.

Low-Ki vs. Bentley vs. Yang was great. Yang as Elvis was goofy, but I was sold on it when he popped his giant collar after a 2 count. Bentley's bounce is now limited to his belly, but he actually worked pretty hard out there despite it being clear as day they didn't give him much notice to come back and Low-Ki looked AWESOME. This match wasn't quite as good as Aries' show-stealing one a couple of weeks ago, but was worlds better than last week's b-rate indyriffic showcase. Yang did a crazy as shit dive over the top, swank kicks, and then got beat by Low-Ki. Bentley did a swank superkick a flying elbow...and that's about it. Very fun match and worth watching again at some point. This was really helped by the commercial-free nature of the matches. Why they did it on this show instead of the next OMGSUPERHUGEBIGGESTIMPACTINHISTORYTHISMONTHEVER on July 14th I have no idea, but it made for better matches.

Case in point, Devon-Joe. With X guys, you're going to at least get a good match even if it's cut up by commercials, but with Devon as a single, commercial breaks could be very helpful. They weren't needed - he was great here. This was Devon's best singles match that I can recall. Joe worked hard and Devon kept up with him and these two had some decent chemistry despite never really being in a program against each other. Devon beat him, which led to...bad things. Kaz talking and then ANOTHER fuckING "FAN VIDEO" that was bleeped and impossible to see. Unlike the first time, where they said it went viral, this was just on the show within a half hour of them brawling on-air, so I guess some fan has fast access to a TNA employee or something.

The X division signing was annoying. AJ-Daniels being THE MAIN EVENT of the PPV seems underwhelming given the title match and Ultimate X, and hell, RVD-Lynn being on it as well. Daniels cut better promos than everyone else, RVD I think turned heel, I'm not sure. He was just acting like an egotistical jerk here. Lynn, as always, looked like he just rolled out of bed, but didn't look his age, which is good. This led to RVD-Lynn-Daniels-AJ next week, which should be a lot better than AJ-Gunner was here, which was perfectly fine, but nothing too special. Gunner won with his MOVE THAT HASN'T BEEN NAMED YET. CALL IT THE G5, 3G, 4G, OR-G, SOMETHING! I'm naming it the Or-G, there's no name they can give it better than that. Speaking of names, "Gunner" was going to be the name of Family Guy's evil monkey before they went with "Monkey". Monkey>Gunner. Officially.

The knockouts deal ruled because of Miss Tessmacher doing a stinkface and Taz's commentary. The pre-match was hilarious, with Rayne bitching about THE SKANKS WHO STOLE HER LIP GLOSS, then Angelina said a non-zombie promo about her and Winter's relationship being real, called Mickie James "Mikey", was corrected by Winter, and then said she didn't care. THAT RULED... then she came out as a zombie. Oh and Velvet explained that she was bullied as a kid, and said since EVERYONE KNEW HER BACKSTORY NOW, it was time to take ODB and Jackie out. How? A handicap match next week where if Velvet wins, the heels who have ALREADY ENTERED THE COMPANY WITHOUT PERMISSION said they'll leave. Good plan. Why not take a this document contains no data to a playground while you're at it?

Mexican America came out to suck, the Brits thankfully came out to counter them and were led by Taz saying THE BRITISH ARE COMING, which was great, then Magnus cut a promo, which also ruled, and THEN Rob Terry came out, Taz said blood was thicker than water, Tenay said they weren't related, and Taz told him to not let facts get in the way of a good story. LOVED this even if it is leading to a Mexican American match. Double J Dos and Karen were awesome. Jeff talked about how great Mexico is while sirens blared in the background and said he'd be back in two weeks. It didn't take Jeff Jarrett long to conquer Mexico - he's just that good. Sting-Steiner was decent for what it was, although I was annoyed by Sting taking a t-bone suplex given his bad shoulder, and Steiner using the mic check to get a 2 count while Anderson came out in the post match and did it and it was death. Anderson, despite world champ, was like the 90000th biggest deal here. Jerry Lynn and he were dressed about the same, actually.

Screens -

BULLY YAY!

My my my my my Joker Face...

Hard to hate a guy whose facial expression matches his tattoo.

Quotes -
Hogan - BIG BOOTY DADDY, WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE! YOU’VE MADE IMMORTAL REALLY IMMORTAL! MAN I LOVE SCOTT STEINER, BIG BOOTY!
Sting - HEY TERRY, YA SCARED OF THE UNKNOWN!? LIKE THE MONSTER UNDERNEATH YOUR BED! BUT HE WAS NEVER THERE! HAHAHAHAHA! THE SHOW’S GONNA START, YA NERVOUS!? CUZ YA SHOULD BE!
Hogan - I JUST DON’T GET HOW SOMEONE WHO WAS SO GREAT COULD BE SUCH A COWARD. HIDE THE BALL, MARCO POLO! I GOT A DATE WITH YOU, AND IT’LL BE ON MY TERMS. BUT SOMEONE WHO’S GOT A DAY SET IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS HAD BETTER GET HIS BUTT OUT HERE. EITHER COME OUT HERE OR I’LL COME GET YA, BROTHER!
Taz - Hulkster calling the world champ to the principal’s office.
Hogan - WELL CHAMP,. I’M GLAD YOU COULD TAKE TIME OUT OF YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE, BUT THIS IS GONNA BE REAL SHORT-WINDED. YOU NEED ME AS BAD AS WE NEED YOU. IN A COUPLE WEEKS WHEN STING GETS IN YOUR FACE, YOU CAN EITHER JOIN IMMORTAL AND HAVE AN ARMY OF MONSTERS WATCHING YOUR BACK, OR YOU CAN DO WHAT YA NORMALLY DO AND FACE THIS CERTIFIED LUNATIC ONE ON ONE. BUT IF YA CHOOSE DOOR 2, NOT ONLY WILL YOU LOSE THE TITLE, YOU’LL LEAVE WITHOUT ONE SHRED OF COCKINESS THAT YOU MAY’VE HAD BEFORE THE MATCH!
Anderson - Really? REALLY!? You gonna slap the cockiness outta me - I GOT PLENTY OF COCKINESS TO SPARE. I’M THE COCK OF THIS WALK. BUT YOU GUYS THINK I NEED TO GET INTA BIZNESS WITH YA FELLERS TO BE SUCCESSFUL. DO YOU REMEMBER SLAMMIVERSARY!? I FRIGGIN DOMINATED STING AND WON THIS TITLE BY MYSELF! AND I DID IT WHILE BARELY BREAKING A SWEAT! SO WHY IS IT GONNA BE DIFFERENT?
Hogan - I didn’t forget, and I don’t think anyone else could, and if it wasn’t for THE SHEER GENIUS OF BISCHOFF, things would be different. Because as Eric and everyone else saw it, the erf was gonna count one two THREENOLI, WHEN ERIC DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT. BECAUSE WE CAN’T HAVE THIS LUNATIC RUNNING AROUND AS THE HOOD ORNAMANT OF THE COMPANY. YES, YOU SHOULD BE WITH US - I SEE A BIG DOLLAR SIGN THERE. YOU OWE US ONE.
Anderson - I DON’T OWE YOU A GODDAMN THING. AN ASSHOLE TAKES A VICTORY ANYWAY HE CAN AND TAKES ALL THE CREDIT FOR IT. I TAKE ALL THE CREDIT FOR MY VICTORY AT SLAMMIVERSARY AND I TAKE ALL THE CREDIT FOR WHAT’S GONNA HAPPEN 2 WEEKS FROM NOW. (Sting is shown beating up Immortal)
Hogan - NOW DO YA GET IT!?
Sting - WAIT HERE, KENNY, YA LOOK NERVOUS. I APPRECIATE YA LEAVING BECAUSE I NEED THIS BONDING TIME WITH HULK! BUT I’M NOT GONNA FORGET ABOUT YA KENNY, 2 WEEKS FROM NOW, JULY 14TH, IT’S GONNA BE SO SPECIAL WE’RE GONNA HAVE TO NAME THAT NIGHT! Hold on one second - IT’S GONNA BE MID-SUMMER NIGHTMARE! NIGHTMARE! Hulk, I’m trying, I’m trying, I’M TRYING TO GET THROUGH T YA HULK! I’m gonna be the first to admit it - I WAS A HULK HOGAN MARK!
Hogan -T HAT’S RIGHT!
Sting - I was at the Sports Arena when I started, and they had those bandannas out in the crowd!
Hogan - YA BROKE MY DAMN RIBS!
Sting - I’M JUST TRYING TO GET THE REAL HOGAN BACK, NOT THE HOLLYWOOD ONE! I’VE TRIED EVERYTHING. YOU SAID TRAIN HARD, PRAY, AND SAY YOUR VITAMINS. IT’S OBVIOUS YOU’VE TRAINED, CUZ WHEN YOU TALKED ABOUT GOING DOWN THE PCH, YOU’RE STILL WORKING OUT - THOSE ARE STILL 21 INCH PYTHONS! Let’s go more visual! BONDING TIME WITH THE HULKSTER! LET’S DO SOME VITAMINS! One for me, one for you. I NEED SOME WATER! HULKAMANIA, ALL I GOTTA DO IS SIT DOWN, BUT IF I SIT DOWN, WE’LL NEVER SEE THE REAL HULK HOGAN, SO PLEASE STAND UP!
Bully - ENOUGH STING! I’M SICK OF YOU MAKING A MOCKERY OF HULK HOGAN! YOU’RE NOTHING BUT A WANNABE! A WANNABE, A NOBODY, A ZILCH, A ZERO! YA NOT THAT FUNNY AND YA KNOW SOMETHING, OUR PATHS HAVE NEVA CROSSED. THINGS ARE GONNA COME TO A HEAD TONIGHT. IF THERE’S ONE THING I CAN’T STAND, IT’S A BULLY! SOMEBODY WHO GOES RUNNING THEIR MOUTH, HEY I’M TALKING TO YA! YOU’RE A BULLY, YOU IMPOSE YOUR WILL ON PEOPLE. WHAT YA DID TO BISCHOFF LAST WEEK WAS DEPLORABLE - THAT’S A FOUR SYLLABLE WORD YA PSYCHO, SO TONIGHT, IT’S GONNA BE YOU AND…Scott Steiner. NOW HIT OUR MUSIC!
Hogan - CUT THE DAMN MUSIC. THAT’S THE LAST TIME YOU’LL EMBARRASS ME. BEFORE TONIGHT’S OVER, I’LL WIPE THAT STUPID SMILE OFF YOUR STINKIN FACE!
Tenay - Impact is presented with limited commercial interruption thanks to Five Hour Energy because WRESTLNG MATTERS!
Taz - Joe and Devon have a couple of donuts on the scoreboard.
Steiner - NEXT TIME YOU MAKE A MATCH, GIMME A LITTLE NOTICE. I GOT HISTORY WITH STING, WE HAD MATCHES FOR WORLD TITLES.
Bully - How can I give you notice, I DON’T HAVE YA CELL NUMBA!
Steiner - THAT’S CUZ I DIDN’T GIVE IT TO YA!
Bully - I know ya got a short fuse.
Steiner - YEAH I GOT A SHORT FUSE!
Bully - Here, take my chain.
Steiner - I got time - WRAP IT UP!
Kaz - Joe, YOU’RE BETTER THAN THIIS!
Joe - fuck YOU!
Kaz - fuck ME!? fuck YOU!
Low-Ki - I WAS IN THE FIRST MATCH HERE IN TNA!
Yang - THE KING IS BACK IN IMPACT WRESTLING! HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!
Tenay - FLYING ELVI GEAR!
Taz - A FLYING ELVIS! AND NOT THE FAT ONE!
Taz - Low Ki could use this Elvis gear like a gi!
Taz - Yang’s kicks are like watching Five Fingers of Death - remember that movie!?
Yang - YANG TIME!
Taz - More like Missed-time!
Tenay - As of late, the X Division has been overlooked in Impact Wrestling.
Tenay - The X Division WAS the cornerstone of this company. It put the company on the map.
Rayne - WHERE’S MY LIP GLOSS, I HATE SHARING A LOCKER ROOM WITH THESE SKANKS!
Winter - I’m going to make Mickie James squeal like a little mouse.
Love - Our relationship isn’t synthetic, it’s natural - BECAUSE I DESERVE IT! It’s going to start with Mikey James.
Winter - Mickie.
Love - IT DOESN’T MATTER!
Hogan - STINGER, YOU SNAPPED ME OUT OF MY STUPOR! I DIDN’T FORGET WHO THE REAL HULK HOGAN WAS, I JUST FORGOT HOW TO ACT LIKE THE REAL HULK HOGAN! 35 years of hate and evil is gonna climb you out real quick!
Taz - What’s that sash thing over Madison’s upper pectorial region? A sash?
Tenay - It’s an elimination match.
Taz - Who can care about the rules when Tessmacher is taking off her shirt-thing?!
Tenay - Good point.
Taz - I taught her this - It’s ASSTAZTIC! And yes, the word Taz is in there.
Tenay - Tessmacher has been eliminated.
Taz - THAT SUCKS!
Taz - She was forearm deep there!
Tenay - How about Winter from behind?
Taz - SHE’S GOT HER BY THE TRUNKS! Or the Daisy Dukes.
Gunner - I got needles stuck in my face - THERE’S NO STOPPING ME!
Kendrick - I’m not the flesh, I am the feel.
Abyss - I WILL RIP OUT YOUR HEART, AND ONLY THEN WILL THE X DIVISION BE TRULY DEAD!
Taz - I don’t fight my friends. I don’t have many friends. Actually, I have none. That’s another story.
JB - Let’s make Destination X, the main event, official!
AJ - Are you absolutely sure you wanna do this? (Daniels signs)
Daniels - That’s how sure I am that I want this match. We’ve talked all week, and it’s not personal - you know it.
AJ - I’m worried about it being personal!
Daniels - It’s not about you or me - IT’S ABOUT THE X DIVISION WE BUILT UP 9 YEARS AGO! DESTINATION X IS GONNA CELEBRATE THE X DIVISION, AND THERE’S NO BETTER MATCH TO HEADLINE IT THAN AJ-DANIELS. WIN, LOSE, OR DRAW, THE FIRST THING I’M GONNA DO IS SHAKE THE HAND OF MY BEST FRIEND!
Taz - I don’t buy any of that!
JB - With that signature, it is official!
Lynn - Guys, hold on - it’s not like me to interrupt, but there’s something I gotta get off my chest. 4 years ago, I left this company - I didn’t retire. I watch, I see things, and if I see anyone arguing over who built the X division, I’m gonna puke. THIS WAS A GROUP EFFORT. THE X DIVISION IS ABOUT GIVING THE FANS SOMETHING SPECIAL! THE X DIVISION IS ABOUT THE WRESTLING! (RVD comes out)
RVD - Ladies, you got me so choked up - I need a second. WE’RE SELLING THE PPV BASED ON WHO GETS CREDIT FOR THE X DIVISION. BUT I’/M THE ONLY GUY DOING THIS STYLE WHO HAD THE POWER TO CHANGE THE STYLE! When you were dreaming of being a wrestler like RVD, I WAS ALREADY BEING CALLED A PIONEER. THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT BEING LIKE RVD, AND OBVIOUSLY I’M THE BEST AT THAT. I WAS X DIVISION BEFORE THERE WAS AN X DIVISION!
Lynn - THAT’S HILARIOUS! YOU FORGET WHO STOOD IN THERE TOE TO TOE WITH YOU FOR A YEAR. WHO WAS THE NEW F’N SHOW!?
Daniels - He’s just being Rob. He doesn’t mean anything. I think we’re all out ehre trying to take care of a movement in wrestling that was here for a long time, and while none of us invented the X division, we perfected it. If the 2 big matches are RVD-Lynn and AJ-Daniels, that may end up being the greatest PPV of all-time! LOOKING AT THE TALENT IN THE RING, IT MAKES ME SAD WE’RE NOT GONNA GET TOGETHER AND DO A MATCH… Ya know…We do have on emore week until D-X…WHAT IF WE GAVE THESE FANS SOMETHING OF A TREAT!? TO WET THEIR APPETITE! WHAT IF FOR ONE NIGHT, WE GAVE THEM A 4-CORNERS MATCH!? Lynn-Daniels-AJ-RVD!
RVD - I’M IN!
AJ - Do you wanna see it!? I THINK THEY HAVE DECIDED! FOUR CORNERS MATCH NEXT WEEK - LET’S DO IT!
Gunner - SCREW YOU ALL!
Tenay - Gunner takes over the lead in the BFG Series.
Sting - Wrong place, wrong time for you Steiner. Right place, right time for the Stinger. IT IS SHOWTIME, OFFICIALLY!
ODB - THE KNOCKOUTS DIVISION IS THE SHITS! BAM!
Velvet - I was bullied as a kid. ODB and Jackie think they can push me around with my back history? I’m not who I once was, AND NOW THAT EVERYONE KNOWS MY BACKSTORY, I’M GONNA FACE THEM NEXT WEEK!
Taz - Rosita and Sarita are muy caliente dos.
Tenay - Gracis Captain Obvious.
Taz - There’s the Mexican flag - they got it at the Big Flag Store.
Anarchia - YOU STUPID AMERICANOS HAVE PISSED OFF THE PRESIDENT OF MEXICAN AMERICA! ALL YOU ACCUSE US OF BEING LIARS! OF BEING CHEATERS! OF BEING CRIMINALSSSS! WE’RE NOT CRIMINALS AT ALL! AND THAT’S ANOTHER THING! THIS COMPANY HOLD US DOWN - WHY ARE WE NOT IN THE BFG SERIES!? BUT THOSE NO GOOD BOBBY ROODE AND STORM BEER MONEY, ARE IN THE BFG SERIES! WE’RE THE BEST TAG TEAM IN IMPACT WRESTLING - WE BEAT ‘EM ALL! SO FROM HERE ON OUT, WE’RE GONNA RAISE MORE HELL IN THE IMPACT ZONE! BECAUSE FOR US, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! NADA ES IMPOSSIBLE!
Taz - THE BRITISH ARE COMING!
Tenay - Are they taking exception to the verbiage of Mexican America?
Magnus - Anarchia, we’re foreigners here too, but the difference is, we’re proud of who we are! We’re proud of where we’re from - we’re proud of the fact that we earn our living in the United States! We’re not gonna kiss ass, cuz that’s not our style, but what I don’t like is people who come to another country and expect others to hand them everything without earning it. Shut up, darling. You haven’t earned it. You claim to have been through EVERY TEAM IN IMPACT WRESTLING!? YOU HAVEN’T BEEN THROUGH US! The difference between you and us is we conduct our business like men. I WANT A MATCH. MEXICAN AMERICA VERSUS THE BRITISH INVASION, AND WE’LL FIND OUT WHO THE REAL NUMBER 1 CONTENDERS FOR THE TAG TITLES ARE! Just do me one favor - one - BE A MAN. GROW A SET OF STONES! And leave the birds at home. Did you not hear me? THE GIRLS!? Dos Prostitutos?
Tenay - IT’S ROB TERRY!
Taz - Blood’s thicker than water.
Tenay - They’re not related…
Taz - Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.
Jarrett - We are standing here in the capitol of Mexico city (sirens go off). YOU’RE LOOKING AT DOS DOUBLE J!
Bully - Abyss, you looking at porn again?
Abyss - Where’s my mask!?
Bully - HULKSTA!

This week's Superstars has an AWESOME Usos/Baretta vs. Gabriel/Slater/Kidd match with a SUPERPLEX OFF THE TOP TO THE FLOOR and Slater pulling off a swank powerslam off the second rope. BTW, Impact has yet another replay beyond Spike's Tuesday night airing - it's on MTV Tr3s on Saturday nights at 11 PM, which means that I could theoretically go from CMLL on Galavision which I now get to Impact!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got cable through my work and I was wondering what are some channels that lucha comes on? I've been really interested in watching it.

[quote name='JJSP']Swank, swank, swank, swank.[/QUOTE]
UbGoz.jpg

"Ten times more addictive than marijuana!"

I've gotta be honest, I looked up the superplex spot on YouTube at Jay's suggestion. Absolutely ridiculous that those guys pulled it off without killing anyone.

[quote name='davo1224']I just got cable through my work and I was wondering what are some channels that lucha comes on? I've been really interested in watching it.[/QUOTE]

Usually Galavision. I have cable, but do not get galavision, so you might want to check your local channel line up.

[quote name='davo1224']I just got cable through my work and I was wondering what are some channels that lucha comes on? I've been really interested in watching it.[/QUOTE]
As others have mentioned Galavision. AAA has been getting preempted recently but hopefully that's over. luchablog also has contributors that upload stuff from LATV, 52MX, etc. and they'll put up direct download links when something new is available.

Decent card for the TNA show tomorrow...

Anderson vs. Angle
Jarrett vs. AJ
Mickie James vs. Angelina w/ Winter
Bully Ray vs. Devon street fight
RVD vs. Crimson
British Invasion & Robbie E w/ Cookie vs. EY/OJ/Amazing Red.

Edit: It was a really fun show...didn't fill the tiny venue (Convention Hall, Asbury Park, NJ) but it was a nice relaxed atmosphere. They said they were taping Bubba/Devon and RVD/Crimson for Impact next week..probably just clips of them since they were BFG Series matches. Also, Mickie James :drool:

Some pics...

DSC02966.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

DSC03057.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC03033.jpg

DSC03041.jpg

DSC03049.jpg

DSC03052.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chronis']The spoiler button isn't working for me.

Anyway, i think it's a little weird nobody posted here in a while...[/QUOTE]

it is a holiday weekend, toss that on to the fact that RAW, Smackdown, and Impact are all taped for the next week too. It'll make for a slow news day... presumably a slow week too.

Speaking of which, any calls for MITB winners? Kane, Miz, and Sheamus aside, it looks like anyone would bring some good, fresh air to the scene.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']Speaking of which, any calls for MITB winners? Kane, Miz, and Sheamus aside, it looks like anyone would bring some good, fresh air to the scene.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see Kofi win, but I think it'll be ADR reason in spoiler tags for those who didn't read RAW results next week
ADR because he gets screwed out of the title match that he won the right to be in

as for the SD match, i would like to see daniel bryan but i think wade takes the win especially if they end up adding sheamus to the WHC match like it appears to be building towards

Those are my bets too, if only because I feel they realized the botches they did with the runs of Barett and ADR while they were main-eventing and want to restart, sorta like the inverse of Sheamus/Swagger. I'd LOVE Daniel to win, even if it means him losing it, but there's no feasible storyline reason to throw him in, in my opinion. And realistically, i wouldn't be shocked to see Miz take it, just to have someone as a safety fodder for Cena to feud against until the Rock.

I know Matt posted about PWG's 8th anniversary show, but they've pulled Akira Tozawa from the show and added Dragon Gate's CIMA instead. He'll team with Kevin Steen against The Young Bucks - and Steen will still wrestle PAC in the same night.

Those are some pretty big names on the card for the TNA show, and it looks like there was just a few hundred people there, if that. That's sad.

The fuck? I thought this thread was closed..anyway...

On June 22nd, WWE registered the "CM Punk" name for merchandise use. WWE trademarked Punk's name for wrestling use back in 2009. It will be interesting to see if they allow Punk to use the name once he leaves the company. WWE also recently registered "The Last Outlaw" for wrestling use, which goes along with The Undertaker.

I was afraid of the whole Punk trademark thing. Hope he deson't have to go back to ROH as Cee Em Punk or Johnny Pepsi. Maybe he can get around it with C.M. Punk.

[quote name='Scorch']Those are some pretty big names on the card for the TNA show, and it looks like there was just a few hundred people there, if that. That's sad.[/QUOTE]

I'd say at the most 800-900. It's the 3rd or 4th year in a row they've done a show here on July 4th weekend so they must know how well they are going to do. It seems like the overall amount of people coming to this area of Jersey is down quite a bit from the last few years as well. It kinda sucks that they don't draw the numbers, because the shows definitely have a more fan friendly feel compared to any WWE show I have ever been to. Mickie James signed free autographs (10 dollars for a 8x10 if you didn't have anything to get signed) for at least 90 percent of the people in attendance during intermission. She started right at the beginning of intermission and was still going a half hour later through RVD/Crimson. Angle also took pics in the ring for 20 dollars per group after the show and maybe 100 people didn't wait on the line.

I found out about the Very Best of WCW dvd set from this thread. Anyone have any opinion on that new (?) 3 dvd steel cage match dvd?

The only thing I think is cool about McMahon owning all those libraries of footage is they can be included together. But is seems as though there isn't any ECW footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back