The Mark Henry World's Strongest Champ Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='neocisco']Seriously? What brain trust came up with that idea for a thread and actually did it?[/QUOTE]

Masked Lemon. Also, thank you to the mod that deleted that shit. Most idiotic move I have seen in the wrestling thread in a long time.

[quote name='Spyder187']Masked Lemon. Also, thank you to the mod that deleted that shit. Most idiotic move I have seen in the wrestling thread in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Since the lie about Alicia Fox?

---

Goddammit. I wasn't planning on getting the new game, but I might have to after those videos.

I screwed up and stated I'd buy it day one if it had in-ring introductions for title matches so now I have to buy it day one.

Which I was probably going to do, anyway. But I hate that the announcer still stands awkwardly in the ring after the last wrestler enters. Fix that shit, this is 2011.

Edit: Oh, if it's got Demolition's real theme, I'm already buying it anyway.

$10 says he's gonna be the Broski of the Week

tcsyhwwwyki.jpg

I had a friend who in 6th grade painted his face like Ax and came to school. It didn't go over well with the teacher but wow he did a really good job of it. That kid was nuts.

[quote name='Spyder187']Masked Lemon. Also, thank you to the mod that deleted that shit. Most idiotic move I have seen in the wrestling thread in a long time.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't *that* bad. I swear some of you just love to have something to get offended about.

Sounds like it was a good move. No reason we should all have to be subjected to idiocy like that.

Right. I'm supposed to believe you're really offended by anal bleeding and badly simulated sex? I was under the impression we were all adults here.

I don't care that the mods deleted the thread, but bitching about it seems stupid. Get over it.

[quote name='mitch079']If calling a bunch of grown ups, pussies, constitutes bullying, count me in Punk's corner.[/QUOTE]
That sentence needed only one comma.

[quote name='masked lemon']Right. I'm supposed to believe you're really offended by anal bleeding and badly simulated sex? I was under the impression we were all adults here.

I don't care that the mods deleted the thread, but bitching about it seems stupid. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

:wall: Just because something gets you off doesn't mean everyone else will enjoy it. An adult would know this.

[quote name='masked lemon']Right. I'm supposed to believe you're really offended by anal bleeding and badly simulated sex? I was under the impression we were all adults here.

I don't care that the mods deleted the thread, but bitching about it seems stupid. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

You should at least keep in mind that people here don't like you very much. My advice to you is to find a website that actually wants you there.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but "Card Subject to Change" is now on Netflix streaming.[/QUOTE]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816362/

Just in case you hadn't heard of it.

[quote name='neocisco']:wall: Just because something gets you off doesn't mean everyone else will enjoy it. An adult would know this.[/QUOTE]

No. But it shows how pathetically politically correct things have become. You guys are the perfect audience for the WWE, if it weren't for their hypocrisy.

You not fucking five years old. If someone busts out something you don't enjoy, it doesn't mean you have to act spoiled enough that you can't live with it anyway.

[quote name='neocisco']But I don't want to have to live with it![/Quote]

Sounds about right.

[quote name='xilly']It wasn't *that* bad. I swear some of you just love to have something to get offended about.[/QUOTE]

I'm offended by this accusation.

This is obviously just dirtsheet speculation, but apparently
CM Punk
and
Sheamus
are set to be the new faces of Raw and Smackdown, and will be in the title picture at Wrestlemania, which I greatly approve of. Which means
Cena
and
Dwayne
will NOT be in the title picture, which I approve of even more.

[quote name='Survivalism']I'm offended by this accusation.[/QUOTE]

Survivalism never disappoints. Not once, ever.

[quote name='Survivalism']I'm offended by this accusation.

This is obviously just dirtsheet speculation, but apparently
CM Punk
and
Sheamus
are set to be the new faces of Raw and Smackdown, and will be in the title picture at Wrestlemania, which I greatly approve of. Which means
Cena
and
Dwayne
will NOT be in the title picture, which I approve of even more.[/QUOTE]

After everything that's gone down over the last few weeks, there's no way in hell I'm getting excicted over that. Time to put up my IWC defenses.

Impact thoughts -

Loved having Beer Money start the show in the ring since the video package focused on Hogan. Loved their promo because they were each intense, promised to bring it, and they showed so much respect for each other here than I don't think they'll actually turn Storm at the PPV. They set this up as the thing to watch on the show, even with bringing up Hogan's retirement later. At times, this felt like it was something special, but also felt like on the mic, Storm is more ready than Roode now, but Roode has really grown into this role well, and isn't bad, so I hope they take a chance with him at BFG, and then do Roode-Storm again as another battle of friends down the line. Sting's wacky red suit was back, and wackier than ever with the Hogan shirt under it. Loved the WTF look he gave the grafitti clown. They were so smart here to show a hot crowd going crazy. Also dug the "best of Hogan in TNA" clips they showed - they obviously were a bit limited in what they could do, but made the most of it. However, they also seemed a bit odd since Sting called bullshit on the retirement last week and yet throughout the show, both Taz and Tenay acted like Sting's comments were never made.

This crowd was so hot that Kazarian got a good reaction coming out. He came in Killer Bee gear. They went harder on the sell for Hogan with the Hogan-related tweets during this match. The tweets themselves were fine, but Storm's point about Hogan stealing the thunder of young guys was valid...so of course they do something Hogan-related during the opener that took attention away from the match, which was fine. Gunner had some nice work on the arm, including winning with the standing armbar right out of No Mercy - THAT I loved...and then Gunner got DQed for a post-match attack. THAT sucked. But he at least had the sense to brag about snapping the guy's arm.

Mr. Anderson came out and I wondered why Gunner couldn't have broke his arm instead. He rambled on about stuff, being a rebel (while wearing mass-produced stuff), a big life experience being in Immortal for like two weeks...and then Bully Ray came out to spare us from anymore of this. He was sarcastic and tried to save this, but that just couldn't be done. Anderson is just too much of a goofball to take seriously, but I am looking forward to the first-ever Philly FALLS COUNT FREAKING ANYWHERE match. An ad aired for Enzyte's new energy drink - ERUPT. Somehow, Peter North isn't a sponsor.

Bischoff cut a great promo about his history with Hogan, then Kendrick cut a promo so bad that made me pine for Anderson. Thankfully, Kid Kash shut him up and then attacked him and cut an awesome promo saying that if Kendrick wants to clean up something, he should start with his own blood. Kash saved this. Velvet and Mickie came out for the KOs tag, and right as Winter came out, the TV 14 LV graphic came up - I guess LV stands for Lesbian Vampire. Match was a perfectly fine little tag match, minus the heels not getting along spot leading to them still winning. That was weird, but the match itself was fun, and aided by Taz on commentary. Bischoff came out to call out Jeff Hardy, whose new entrance video is bizarre. Unique though.

Bischoff cut a really awesome promo in a way - full of intensity, about how Jeff Hardy insulted everyone who paved a road for both himself and Jeff, which somehow included Kurt Angle despite him starting in the business a full decade after Bischoff, but hey, he referenced Bockwinkel and Verne, so I'll give it a pass. He basically said Jeff was great, but pissed it all away, and screwed up for the last time at VR, and him coming out all pilled up (FINALLY they explain exactly what the issue was after weeks of implying it) was the last straw, that he was out of chances with him and that he was done, but could say goodbye...so Jeff attacked the old man out of nowhere and ran from Immortal. Somehow, Jeff's a babyface in this. And then he basically wrote himself off TV saying that if he was gone, he was going on his terms. Well, at least they prepared for his jail sentence in some way. Taz just casually segued from this into a clip about Hogan taking the company from Dixie. This was almost as bad as Josh ham-fisting in a POWERED BY K-MART plug on SD.

Joe-Crimson happened with zero announcement of it last week. That's one big flaw on this show - all of the matches came off as meaningless except for the main event because they announced none of them except that beforehand, even though they all had some logical reason to occur. Also, MORE HOGAN TWITTER PLUGGING HERE. Now, they didn't even do any involving TNA, instead showing one for the formation of the NWO, and another for WM3. All these twitter plugs also hurt the matches, come to think of it, because they took up so much of the screen, and the distracting sound effect for them is annoying. Joe somehow got sent halfway across the ring doing the figure 4 setup>boot to the ass spot. Crimson must have one really strong injured leg. Joe finally got the most boring-looking leglock on Crimson. It was like a permanent setup for the knee-DT...and then Crimson turned it into a shitty cradle and pinned him. Joe's big push following the losing streak gimmick continues! And somehow, the cradle was the Direct Impact move of the night. And that's how he got his revenge on Joe for taking him out of a tourney for a world title shot. A small package. Not his wacky-looking facebuster thing, no, A SMALL PACKAGE. Maybe it's a good thing this wasn't built up or on the PPV because it was a nothing match. I hope Joe leaves - there's zero hope for him now in TNA.

Bully Ray cut an awesome promo trying to turn himself heel in Philly. How? BECAUSE HE'S FROM NEW YORK! I loved that. DON'T FORGET IT'S HULK HOGAN'S RETIREMENT IT'S THE END OF THE GREATEST ERA EVER BROTHER and up next Roode-Storm. Storm cut a great promo about it paying to be Roode...but he forgot his wallet! Then they did another Roode hype vid and this one I didn't like much at all. Last week's was perfect, this one made the company look like a Mickey Mouse operation because THE NUMBER 1 CONTENDER MAIN EVENTING THE BIGGEST SHOW OF THE YEAR said that there's been a lot of bad in TNA and that it was surviving week to week. And they did maybe 30 seconds total of the family hyping him up, which was fine, but this didn't click with me and the video being a lot shorter than last week's didn't help.

Thankfully, the match portion was tremendous. Glad they gave this the JB main event treatment - it's a really easy way to get both Roode and Storm presented as main eventers. Storm looked be to near tears main eventing a show in his home state. Bobby got a mix of boos and cheers here, which makes sense given that he's facing a relative hometown guy, but definitely hurt his reaction here. Not surprisingly, these two had tremendous in-ring chemistry as opponents. Loved the sequence of super-fast Steamboat armdrags by Roode leading to the Fujiwara armbar, which Storm countered after Roode avoided his superkick. Great even-steven match up to this point, then when they got back from the break, things got more intense. Out of nowhere, they announced AJ-Daniels at BFG being an I Quit match. Storm got a near-fall off the draping DDT and showed disappointment, not rage, just being disappointed that it didn't work after the two count. Roode did the same off the spinebuster, but then Storm crotched him in the corner. Storm nearly got beat off the crossface, but escaped, leading to a Codebreaker/Backstabber combo for another near-fall. Then the ref got bumped, Angle came out, attacked Storm, which thankfully didn't lead to the pin. It was an awesome 2.999999999 nearfall. Storm got up dazed went for the superkick, fell down trying to do it, and then Roode did the humane thing and ended it reluctantly with the fisherman's suplex. Roode tried to console his friend...but got TO THE BACK'D for Hogan. I sighed at this. Step forward, two steps back type of deal for the millionth time.

Then Hogan came out to a huge babyface reaction, which he played up to the hilt. He did the " aw shucks big pause for the Hogan chant" deal a few times, talked about how great the fans were. Then Sting came out and played the video...shot in the bathroom it would appear, of Hogan and Bischoff scheming against the rednecks of Knoxville. And then Hogan got all pissed and agreed to a match and WITHOUT BEING ASKED, just said he'd give the company to Sting and Dixie. This was hilarious. For fuck's sake, HULK HOGAN OF ALL PEOPLE talked about someone not knowing that things don't last forever, and then just agreeing to give up the company...without Sting doing ANYTHING to make him say that. He didn't threaten him any violence - he just played a tape and Hogan volunteered to give it up. And the big reveal was video of Hogan and Bischoff talking about an evil scheme in a men's room, having it exposed, losing his mind, and then making a wacky OH NOES face. This was awesomely bad in so many ways.

Screens -

THIS MAN IS NOT ON DRUGS!

Anyone have the number for Knoxville's social services office?

OH NOES buys

Quotes -
Taz - 30 years in the making - the last time we’ll ever see the Hulkster in a ring again.
Storm - IS THERE ANY BEER DRINKERS IN THIS PLACE TONIGHT!? Ya know, Bobby, I heard a lot of talk that this is supposed to be Hogan’s retirement show - I think we’re on the same page. IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME HE TAKES A BACKSEAT AND LETS THE YOUNG GUYS WHO BUST THEIR ASS TO ENTERTAIN EVERYONE OF YOU FANS! Now Bobby, I ain’t gonna sugarcoat anything - they got us in the semi-main tonight. Hogan, I hope you have fun trying to follow me and Bobby Roode’s match! BECAUSE WE PLAN ON TEARING THIS SON OF A BITCH DOWN IN KNOXVILLE TENNESSEE!
Roode - Well James, since you’re the TN Cowboy…first of all - WELCOME HOME! Secondly, they wouldn’t expect anything less from you and I. I was really taken aback when Angle used his power to book these matches and put Fortune against one another. Fortune isn’t just friends - it’s family. These matches have been physically and mentally exhausting - BUT THAT’S WHAT I NEEDED. I NEEDED THEM TO GIVE ME EVERYTHING THEY HAD. If I was able to beat them on their best, then I knew I would prove to the world and myself that I was ready for Kurt Angle. AND BY GOD, I BEAT THEM AND TONIGHT, I NEED YOU, JAMES, TO DO THE SAME TO ME. BE THE ASS-KICKING SON OF A BITCH THAT THESE PEOPLE KNOW YOU ARE. GIVE ME EVERYTHING THAT YOU GOT. I NEED YOU TO HELP ME - GET ME READY FOR KURT ANGLE. James, tonight, I need you to bring me your best. Tonight, it’s you and me one on one. WE’LL TEAR THIS SON OF A BITCH DOWN. BECAUSE OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS, YOU’VE BEEN MY PARTNER, BEST FRIEND, AND BROTHER. Ten days from now, I’m going to the main event to face Kurt for the world title. AND THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK ABOUT IS TONIGHT’S MATCH and how important it is to you and me.
Storm - It’s very important to me because when we formed Beer Money, I knew I was shaking the hand of a future world champion. AND I’M PRETTY DAMN SURE, WHILE YOU WERE SHAKING MY HAND, YOU THOUGHT THE SAME DAMN THING. BUT TONIGHT, I’LL PROVE IT TO YOU AND MYSELF. YOU SAID BRING IT! YOU TOLD AJ AND KAZ TO BRING. AND I’M GONNA BRING IT! AND TONIGHT, I MIGHT JUST BE A LITTLE BETTER THAN YOU… I’m not disrespecting you - all the years we been partners, I’ve known you were one of the greatest workers in the game today. You prove it - you’re going to BFG. NOW IT’S TIME FOR THE OLD COWBOY TO SADDLE UP AND DO THE SAME DAMN THING. Tonight, I’m gonna drink my beer and look you in the eye - sorry about your damn luck.
Anderson - I’m out here with my hat in my hand. Not really - it’s on my head, because I have hat head. I’m here to do something I’m not known for doing. I’ve only done it a couple times - apologize. Not to Hogan, Bischoff, or Dixie, but to… the people who actually mean the most to me. Who I turned my freaking back on - MY ASSHOLES! WE GOT A COUPLE ASSHOLES HERE TONIGHT! Now, you may not know this, but I’m not good at playing politics. I’ve watched others kiss ass, say all the right things, and swing from the boss’s nuts, and they got wwwooooop, and I do my own thing and I’ve had to claw my way to everything I’ve gotten. In a moment of weakness, as stated before, I joined Immortal. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!? Hey. I don’t have any regrets. Life is a learning experience, and I learned a lot from that. For instance, Bully Ray is a GIANT DOUCHE BAG!
Ray - SHUT IT! Listen, let’ smake this quick, I wanna head over the stadium and take a piss on the big orange T.
Anderson - Over the past few weeks, months, whateve,r you’ve attacked me with your chain. THAT’S A BIG CHAIN!
Ray - MY CHAIN IS HUGE!
Anderson - You’re not overcompensating for anything, are ya? YOU HIT ME WITH A KENDO STICK. YOU ALWAYS GET THE UPPER HAND RIGHT?
Ray - YUP! I blasted you with a chair, a stick. I’ve immortalized you all over. IN FRONT OF YOUR JACKOFFS!
AndersoN - THEY’RE NOT JACKOFFS! THEY’RE ASSHOLES!
Ray - You’re not getting another match. You could promise anything, YOU’RE GETTING NOTHING!
Anderson - Hang on - BFG is in Philly… I believe that’s where you cut your teeth. You kinda been known for that hardcore smash-mouth style…so….would you deny me a match if I challenged you to a Phillly falls count anywhere FREAKING ANYHWERE MATCH! LET’S SEE YOUR BIG, OVERINFLATED EGO BACK DOWN FROM THAT ONE, PAL!
Bischoff - Starting as a fan of Hulk’s in the ‘80s, then working with him in the ‘90s, to now, having the end of an era. It’s bittersweet.
Kash - YOU WANNA DISRESPECT ME MOTHERfuckER!? YOU WANNA CLEAN SOMETHING UP!? CLEAN UP YOUR BLOOD, BITCH!
Taz - Kind of a homecoming for Mickie. Well, we’re not in VA, but it’s the country.
Tenay - Geography major.
Taz - Mickie pie-faced her…in the face…where else would you pie-face someone?
Taz - Great camera work there showing the flexibility of Madison.
Taz - I think Velvet would’ve won if Madison hadn’t injected herself .
Bischoff - SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND TAKE NOTES. I just told the world champion I’d take care of a little administrative detail. JEFF HARDY, GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE TO MY RING! NOW JEFF! NOW! Jeff Hardy… Jeff, I have had the honor in the 25 years that I’ve spent in this business, to work with the greats. Like Verne Gagne, Ray Stevens, Wahoo, Nick Bockwinkel, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle. Men who gave you and me an opportunity, so we could feed our families, and take care of friends in need. So we could lead an amazing lifestyle. I NEVER LET ANYONE DOWN OR DROPPED THE BALL. You on the other hand, have turned dropping the ball into a frigging art form. Guys laid the groundwork for you and God gave you the gift to do just that - YOU WERE AN AMAZING ANTHLETE, ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING STARS I’VE EVER MET, BUT YOU’RE ALSO AN AMAZING SCREWUP. YOU’VE BEEN ASKING PEOPLE TO FORGIVE YOU!? YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOU’RE OUTTA CHANCES WITH ME! Angle told you to never come back - I’M TELLING YOU THAT YOU’RE DONE. YOU DROPPED THE BALL FOR THE LAST TIME AT VICTORY ROAD WHEN YOU CAME OUT SO PILLED UP YOU LET ME DOWN, HOGAN DOWN, AND YOU’RE DONE. 12 STEP YOUR WAY OUT OF MY RING!
Hardy - I’m glad you expressed yourself…in front of all these people. And who knows, maybe some of them agree with you. Or maybe they don’t. I just have one thing to say and then I’ll be out of here.
Bischoff - If you wanna say goodbye, feel free. Say goodbye…(Hardy attacks him)
Hardy - SCREW YOU!
Hardy - I came back here to apologize one by one, two by two. I MESSED UP. I MADE A MISTAKE. TAKING THAT SHIT WAS WRONG IF I’M OUTTA HERE, I’M OUTTA HERE UNDER MY TERMS!
Ray - Anderson. SCREW YOU AND SCREW PHILLY. I’M BULLY RAY - I’M FROM NEW YORK CITY!
Storm - I’m happy for Bobby that he gets to go to BFG and beat Angle, AND I’M HAPPY FOR ME, CUZ I GET TO PROVE THAT I’M ONE OF THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. IT’S ABOUT STORM-ROODE. IT IS WHAT IT IS. He can say it pays to be Roode, but I forgot my wallet - SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK!
Roode - Throughout the good and the bad in TNA, and there’s been a lot of bad. Like when we didn’t know if the company would be around the next week.
Taz - NASTY SUPER-DUPER PLEX!
Tenay - THEY SAID THEY’D TEAR THIS S.O.B. DOWN AND THAT’S WHAT THEY’RE DOING!
Hogan - I KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN IN KNOXVILLE, WITHOUT A DOUBT BROTHERS! Ya know…(Hogan chant) When My feet hit the ground and I woke pu, the first thing I realized that today was the final day I’d be in wrestling. Ya know, after the 30+ year run, that was a tough cup of coffee first thing in the morning. BUT YA KNOW WHAT, I CAME HERE, AND FROM THE MOMENT I WALKED THROUGH THE AIRPORT, EVERYBODY IN KNOXVILLE WELCOMED ME WITH OPEN ARMS.THE LOVE… I FELT LIKE IT WAS MY FIRST DAY IN THIS BUSINESS. KNOXVILLE, THANKS FOR THAT! Ya know, it’s been so crazy trying to explain that I’ll be back home. I started thinking what’ll I do - I’ve been on the road for so many years, what would I do? Golf? Fish? I GOTTA FIND SOMETHING THAT’LL REPLACE THE LOVE I FEEL IN THESE BUILDINGS, I’M TELLING YA. It got so crazy today, as I was facebookin and on twitter, and they said brother, if you were really retiring cuz I got a 10 hour drive. I said yes! Everyone at home, everyone here, thank you thank you thank you! At the end of the day, there have been generations…(THANK YOU HOGAN chant breaks out) GUYS, THIS COULD GO ON FOR ANOTHER 30 YEARS, BUT HULKAMANIA HAD THE LONGEST RUN OF ANYONE IN THE BUSINESS, AND NOW IT’S TIME TO PUT HULKAMANIA TO REST. THERE’S ONLY ONE THING LEFT. LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN GUYS! (Sting comes out) YOU’RE NOT WELCOME HERE AND YOU WON’T TURN IT INTO A DAMN CLOWN SHOW.
Sting - I’m sorry to bring some rain to this lovely evening. Is there anyone in Knoxville that’s buying this stuff about retirement!?
Hogan - YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT NOTHING LASTS FOREVER IN THIS BUSINESS AND YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN TO LEAVE ME ALONE. I’m retired my brother.
Sting - Hold on - I suppose there’s a chance I’m so jaded that I can’t let you have your just due.
Hogan - Fine…
Sting - But maybe it’s because I know you better than anyone. Maybe it’s true. IT’S ALSO REALLY AMAZING ABOUT ALL THE CAMERAS ON EVERY CORNER, EVERYWHERE, including this building here… It’s amazing there is NOTHING that is sacred anymore. No. I’ve got some compelling footage on you!
Hogan - THE GAMES ARE OVER. If you leave, I’ve got one thing to say and the party’s over.
Sting - I’ll leave after we play the footage. It’s ugly. PLAY IT NOW!
Hogan - YOU’VE CROSSED THE LINE STING! YOU BROKE EVERY DAMN LAW. YOU RUINED THIS BUSINESS. I’M SO SICK OF YOU. YOU WANNA WRESTLE!? NAH! I WON’T WRESTLE, BUT I’LL FIGHT YOU AT BFG, AND IF YOU BEAT ME, I’LL GIVE THE COMPANY BACK TO YOU AND DIXIE!

[quote name='Ansé Solis']No. But it shows how pathetically politically correct things have become. You guys are the perfect audience for the WWE, if it weren't for their hypocrisy.

You not fucking five years old. If someone busts out something you don't enjoy, it doesn't mean you have to act spoiled enough that you can't live with it anyway.

Sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

The only point here even worth addressing is that I don't watch WWE. Try to actually be correctly informed when you're going to talk about someone. Now go do some more panhandling for PPV money.

[quote name='TheRock88']New ZTLIS, and it actually has a storyline!?!?!
[/QUOTE]

That's brilliant on their part. If they can get enough attention online they might force WWE creative to actually book it on television. Though seeing how it took like 30 episodes just for Zack Ryder to barely make Raw, who knows if it'll work.

[quote name='neocisco']The only point here even worth addressing is that I don't watch WWE. Try to actually be correctly informed when you're going to talk about someone. Now go do some more panhandling for PPV money.[/QUOTE]

How is the point at hand even relevant to the WWE?

Life isn't going to be catered to your personal needs. You're not your own personal Jesus. Get over it. Like I said, it's goddamn pathetic. This thread is consistently filled with the most whiny, moaning, bitchy, posts of any thread on CAG and you're going to knock me for trying to save money in this fucking economy? Keep at it. Last I checked, the CAG Wrestling bros were sharing streaming links like wildfire in their chats.

But it's okay. I'll let you continue your misery circle-jerk. This place is like a fucking nursing home.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']How is the point at hand even relevant to the WWE?

Life isn't going to be catered to your personal needs. You're not your own personal Jesus. Get over it. Like I said, it's goddamn pathetic. This thread is consistently filled with the most whiny, moaning, bitchy, posts of any thread on CAG and you're going to knock me for trying to save money in this fucking economy? Keep at it. Last I checked, the CAG Wrestling bros were sharing streaming links like wildfire in their chats.

But it's okay. I'll let you continue your misery circle-jerk. This place is like a fucking nursing home.[/QUOTE]

At this point you hav ejust become a Wrestling forum troll. Most people dislike you and your opinion and you are just getting your kicks going against the grain. If you dislike everyone here and think this is just a place where old guys go to bitch then why do you keep showing up? Start your own Ansé Solis Better than Everyone wrestling thread and see if you can start your own little group of young whippersnapper wrestling geniuses.

[quote name='LoveLost']At this point you hav ejust become a Wrestling forum troll. Most people dislike you and your opinion and you are just getting your kicks going against the grain. If you dislike everyone here and think this is just a place where old guys go to bitch then why do you keep showing up? Start your own Ansé Solis Better than Everyone wrestling thread and see if you can start your own little group of young whippersnapper wrestling geniuses.[/QUOTE]

It's not as much about the wrestling thread as much as it is whiny, complaining, moronic posts about a thread title.

I've been pretty much quiet lately and let you guys circle-jerk each other for nearly the past month. Maybe more. If a mod deleted the last thread, that's his call.

But to act all politically correct and be butt hurt over about an anal bleeding joke title thread (a joke that was far more insulting in its lameness than inappropriateness)? Some of you are just running out of things to complain about. It's petty. Grow the fuck up. I'm done with this nonsense.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']It's not as much about the wrestling thread as much as it is whiny, complaining, moronic posts about a thread title.

I've been pretty much quiet lately and let you guys circle-jerk each other for nearly the past month. Maybe more. If a mod deleted the last thread, that's his call. But to act all politically correct and be butt hurt over about an anal bleeding joke (a joke that was far more insulting in its lameness than inappropriateness) title thread? You guys are just running out of things to complain about.

That's all I have to say on the matter. I couldn't care less if people dislike me and my opinion. I dislike their opinions just as much.[/QUOTE]

If you care so little about everyone's opinion, why are you putting so much effort into responding to them?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If you care so little about everyone's opinion, why are you putting so much effort into responding to them?[/QUOTE]

Read it again and think about what I wrote.

I couldn't care less if people dislike me and my opinion. I dislike their opinions just as much. This means that the thing I don't care about is how much people dislike me and my opinion. I never said that I don't care about people's opinions. There's a very subtle but definitive difference.

Everyone is free to make their point. Just like I'm free to make my opinions. Things have become so fucking toxic in this thread though that have any kind of dissenting view gets you guys acting like monkeys, hooting and hollering, throwing feces at the viewing window.

That's what it comes down to. You guys want a giant circle-jerk. Sorry if I don't fit in. See ya later.

Wrestling fans being offended by something that was mentioned on their wrestling show... Pathetic.

Again, I don't see what the big deal is. Thread got deleted for having anal in the title, a new thread was created. This was enough for me, i don't see why there is continued bitching.

The only thing in that thread's OP was a scene from a Kurt Angle movie with simulated sex. No nudity, no profanity. They have shown worse on RAW. For anyone to be offended by something so silly in my eyes is rather sad.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Read it again and think about what I wrote.

I couldn't care less if people dislike me and my opinion. I dislike their opinions just as much. This means that the thing I don't care about is how much people dislike me and my opinion. I never said that I don't care about people's opinions. There's a very subtle but definitive difference.

Everyone is free to make their point. Just like I'm free to make my opinions. Things have become so fucking toxic in this thread though that have any kind of dissenting view gets you guys acting like monkeys, hooting and hollering, throwing feces at the viewing window.

That's what it comes down to. You guys want a giant circle-jerk. Sorry if I don't fit in. See ya later.
[/QUOTE]

You stated that you don't care what people think, that's their opinion, and you are putting a LOT of effort into defending yourself against their opinion. If you really didn't care about their opinion then you wouldn't bother even replying to them, or if you really didn't care, you'd just stop coming to a thread where the primary goal is to exchange ideas and opinions.

The vast majority of time when people cling to the "I don't care what people think" mantra, they actually do. There's nothing wrong with caring what people think about you, we do it every day. The very act of visiting a message board is because we look to others who share our opinions. Hell, I'll go so far to say that the majority of society is based on the principle of caring what other's think.

You can say you don't care what people think all you want but by continuing to feel the need to defend yourself, you're showing that you do care what people think.

Frankly, I could care less about a thread that was posted that I never saw. Even if I had seen it, I doubt I would have been offended by it because I'm not too easily offended. Then again, I never saw it so I have no idea how offensive the thread really was. The discussion of the deleted thread isn't my overall point though. My point is that you are saying everyone is bitching and moaning about your thread, resulting in you bitching and moaning about their bitching and moaning.

Attempting to get thread back on track

Colt Cabana says WWE won't call him back

Colt Cabana stated during an interview with Pitch.com that he has not heard back from WWE officials since working two tryout matches for the organization in August.

"They won't return my calls or anything," he tells Justin Kendall. "It’s pretty weird, man. I don’t get it. Nobody was really receptive. It's just like they wanted to ignore it. I think it's because Punk is such a rebel that ... they were able re-sign Punk, but I think to kind of stick it to him, they don’t want to talk to his friend.

He is asked whether he had that feeling when he worked the tryout matches.

"Nah," Cabana responded. "It didn’t seem like. All of the wrestlers and all of the personalities and all of the personnel, they love me. They get it. I think there’s just a group of people who don’t get me or don’t want to get me. Unfortunately, that keeps me away from an opportunity, but at the same time, I think the answer was so obvious to put me on TV and capitalize on it.

"At the same time, I think it’s really nice that my fans are really gathering around me and supporting me and continuing me in wrestling without WWE. A lot of people say that you can only be successful if you’re in WWE, and I’m a great case and point where when it’s all said and done, to be a great wrestler doesn’t mean that you have to be a WWE Champion or WWE superstar."

TNA Wrestling sources indicate that organization officials are in negotiations with Jersey Shore star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro to appear on multiple episodes of Impact Wrestling. A deal is close to being reached, if it has not already been signed.

I want to know who in the TNA hierarchy has an obsession with bad reality stars (redundant, I know). I know wrestling tends to appeal to the LCD but the Jersey Shore is below even wrestling's standards.

Memphis Heat thoughts -

It's only an hour and a half long and ends with Jimmy Hart going to the WWF...for some reason... They said at the end that it's based on the Sputnik book, so maybe it ties in there. Sputnik came off as an awesome motherfucker in this, and it's amazing to see him recall in his own words what happened after he ate at a 'colored' cafe. Jerry Jarrett's mini-rant about easy it is to book wrestling and have it draw money is glorious. THE ORIGINAL BUDDY WAYNE is in this as a talking head, as are Jackie Fargo, Billy Wicks, Dundee (who hasn't aged too much thanks to jet black hair dye), Lawler, Jimmy Hart, and everyone you'd expect minus Lance Russell and Dave Brown, who are put over huge in clips.

They've got uncensored footage of Terry Funk cussing up a storm during the empty arena match that is hilarious because he just won't stop yelling bullshit and Lance is asking him in the kindest way possible to please stop. There's also a lot of footage of the Rocky Johnson-Lawler boxer vs. wrestler deal, and Rocky came off great here, both in the clips and in the interview bits. Kaufman's run is covered, and includes some disturbing footage of him rubbing a woman's face in the grass. The whole thing flies by, and goes through things in a logical manner - like the Kaufman stuff leading to the Hart stuff, but man does the ending ever come out of nowhere. Jimmy Hart talks about leaving, then BOOM credits with Jimmy Hart clips over them. It's just bizarre and hurts the documentary, because it is so short, but really great while it lasts. Haven't gotten into the extras yet, but it seems like a pretty loaded lineup - outside of a commentary, I'm not sure how much more they could've put on one DVD.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cdubb1605']Attempting to get thread back on track

Colt Cabana says WWE won't call him back[/QUOTE]

Not too surprising. As soon as WWE got what they wanted, namely to re-sign Punk, they had no reason to bring Colt Cabana back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back