The Mark Henry World's Strongest Champ Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved that feud because it became so heated and personal. JBL's racism and just vile behavior was, in a terrible way, breathtaking. It reminded me of watching Raven and Dreamer massacre each other and wondering if they were actually trying to kill each other.

It seems that Melina and JoMo may have finally split up. From her twitter:

"I'm proud of my heart. It's been played, stabbed, cheated, burned and broken, but somehow still works."

"I never get jealous when I see my ex with someone else, because my parents always taught me to give my used toys to the less fortunate."

:whistle2:|

Nice to know that she views a guy that she's been with for years as nothing more than a plaything. Kinda funny coming from the locker room bicycle.

Once again - its a shame she's batshit crazy because she's certainly a better wrestler than the Eve/Bellas/Rosa/Kelly/Alicia Foxes of the world.

Hey guys, I don't want to derail the topic, but I have a serious question.

My former roommate just found out that DDP went o his HS. Here's the question-

...did DDP have a gimmick? Or was he just the guy from Jersey who came out to Nirvana?

Everything is a gimmick. That's the single most misused term in wrestling by smart marks.

So please rephrase the question. Are you asking what his character was?

[quote name='mykevermin']Everything is a gimmick.[/QUOTE]

candido.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']Everything is a gimmick. That's the single most misused term in wrestling by smart marks.[/QUOTE]

Second only to "marks."

[quote name='Mr. Beef']"I never get jealous when I see my ex with someone else, because my parents always taught me to give my used toys to the less fortunate."[/QUOTE]

Which is why she fucked Brian Kendrick.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']Nevermind, friend told me that he remembered him to be a pot-head, thus the Nirvana. SOUNDS right. Explains the self-high five thing too.[/QUOTE]

I don't think DDP's gimmick was that he was a pothead. He was just a dude that wrestled and had a hot wife. Like a bigger and less-crazy Macho Man.

He kind of morphed over time. As a manager, he was sort of a seedy vegas-esque lounge greaseball - but he kept the name, the persona, and nearly everything else and somehow transformed it into "regular guy" status (by the time he wore jeans everywhere and did his schtick in the crowd).

Deserving of its own post - Masato Tanaka pinned MVP to become NJPW's second-ever IWGP Intercontinental Champion.

Also, Tanaka appears to be in by *far* the best shape of his career.

I saw a match of his from earlier this year. It was bizarre how young he seemed. He was trim and just looked like a cardio marvel.

[quote name='mykevermin']He kind of morphed over time. As a manager, he was sort of a seedy vegas-esque lounge greaseball - but he kept the name, the persona, and nearly everything else and somehow transformed it into "regular guy" status (by the time he wore jeans everywhere and did his schtick in the crowd).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he seemed to have an easy time transitioning from heel to face back to heel while changing very little about himself. Even Positively Page wasn't that big of a stretch.

It amazes me that Tanaka can even spell his own name after the crimes against furniture he and Mike Awesome committed.

TNA star Hulk Hogan returns to the ring this Sunday at Bound For Glory in a no-disqualification fight against Sting, but don't expect Hogan to get too physical.

At his latest "Hulk Hogan & Friends" event over the weekend in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Hogan told fans flat out - he won't be taking any bumps. mentioned that he won't be taking any bumps, which is likely why the No Disqualification stipulation was added to the match.

Hogan also told a story about how The Rock wanted to map out their entire WrestleMania 18 match in an empty building while Rocky Johnson and Pat Patterson watched. Hogan said he agreed to rehearse the match in advance out of respect to The Rock, but didn't take any bumps then either, telling Rock that he only takes bumps if a lot of people are watching.

Really getting their 35,000 dollars per appearance worth out of him. Another note about the Hogan & Friends show said he was charging 100 dollars for a photo with him, no takers.

[quote name='Genocidal']
candido.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ah, but that was his gimmick: No Gimmicks Needed.

Which, iirc, was Franchise's clever poke at RVD's Mr. Monday Night nickname.

[quote name='mykevermin']He kind of morphed over time. As a manager, he was sort of a seedy vegas-esque lounge greaseball - but he kept the name, the persona, and nearly everything else and somehow transformed it into "regular guy" status (by the time he wore jeans everywhere and did his schtick in the crowd).[/QUOTE]

i remember him being a tiny fucker as a manager then suddenly he was freakin massive. i always wondered if he did it naturally or not.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm feeling quite dense: can you spell out how that's poking fun at RVD?[/QUOTE]

Triple threat.. vs... new.. triple.. threat?

I mean, it's been a while, but it wasn't THAT long ago.

i cant belive they are going to run with this stupid wwe storyline till the Nov PPV

Triple H team vs ??? team winner gets control of the wwe

LAME

The chat has walked out! Nooooo!

This segment is not just fucking terrible, it's flagrant dipshit propaganda as well.

Bad guys want solidarity! Good guys are into rugged individualism!

[quote name='mykevermin']The chat has walked out! Nooooo!

This segment is not just fucking terrible, it's flagrant dipshit propaganda as well.

Bad guys want solidarity! Good guys are into rugged individualism![/QUOTE]

I just knew you'd pick up on the, myke. The second Triple H started talking, I knew they were gonna go for some bullshit occupywallstreet analogy.

EDIT: I am, however, marking for Punk on commentary.

like it said its a set up for the Survivor Series PPV sucks they are going to run this story line for 6 or 7 weeks .. way too long way too stupid .. way too boring ..

vince is behind it all

November 20, 2011 ...seems a long time to pull this story line

[quote name='Purple Flames']I just knew you'd pick up on the, myke. The second Triple H started talking, I knew they were gonna go for some bullshit occupywallstreet analogy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they're really just continuing what they did last week.

Ever since Cena shut up, this Raw is going great. And with CM Punk on commentary by himself all night (probably won't last) and we have potential for awesomeness.

[quote name='mykevermin']The chat has walked out! Nooooo!

Bad guys want solidarity! Good guys are into rugged individualism![/QUOTE]

The undertones are sickeningly transparent and equally disgusting. Further, my distaste for CM Punk as of late has been pretty apparent.

However, I'll be damned if I didn't crack a smile at "Can I wear your blazer?!?!"

On another note, we're to believe that everyone, right on down to the bell ringer has walked out, yet the camera men, the arena setup crew, and the production staff stuck around? 2 of those, cameramen and arena crew are a hell of a lot more likely to be injured than the commentators...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The undertones are sickeningly transparent and equally disgusting. Further, my distaste for CM Punk as of late has been pretty apparent.

However, I'll be damned if I didn't crack a smile at "Can I wear your blazer?!?!"

On another note, we're to believe that everyone, right on down to the bell ringer has walked out, yet the camera men, the arena setup crew, and the production staff stuck around? 2 of those, cameramen and arena crew are a hell of a lot more likely to be injured than the commentators...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll give you Punk clearly having fun with ad-libbed quips and one-liners.

It feels to me like they've turned the equally abysmal "Stand Up for WWE" and tried turning it into a storyline.

But, yes, the continuity gods frown upon a show with cameraman and television producers who are ready and able to cue up the video and entrance themes for current employees as well as spontaneously cue up the video and music production for an "ex-employee."

They clearly think we are all fucking toothless, uneducated hillbillies that have no interest in storyline consistency or sensibility. Just "herp derp Cena's got the odds stacked against him unless I pay $25 for this here foam "Hustle, Loyalty, Respect" finger!"

I have 6 teeth, thankyouverymuch.

[quote name='mykevermin']WAIT A GODDAMN MINUTE.

I've figured it out.

The Anonymous Raw General Manager?

ron_paul_photo_4.jpg

IT WAS ME! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I've figured it out.

ron_paul_photo_4.jpg

[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Oh for fuck's sake, the new GM is supposed to solve their issue of being worried about being injured and his first act is to make a match between 2 guys who are in street clothes?!?!? What. the. fuck.

I've figured it out.

ron_paul_photo_4.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Aw, sunuvabitch!!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh for fuck's sake, the new GM is supposed to solve their issue of being worried about being injured and his first act is to make a match between 2 guys who are in street clothes?!?!? What. the. fuck.[/QUOTE]

spontaneity is the new black.

continuity is out of fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back