The Mark Henry World's Strongest Champ Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']spontaneity is the new black.

continuity is out of fashion.[/QUOTE]

They're not even subtly teasing another walkout on the way when, after the first match "back", the face gets jumped and the commentators have to spell it out for us that things may have changed but not for the better.

WWE's just not even trying to be creative at this point. They might as well have Ms. Johnson's 3rd grade class write their storylines now because they probably have more experience in creative writing than the WWE staff.

[quote name='Cage017']Curse you, Laryngitis.

And why did Punk have to leave the broadcast table? :sigh: Raw ruined.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see the ratings breakdown after they went back to business as usual within 30 minutes of Raw's opening. I have a feeling you're going to see a significant drop off at that point.

That opening segment was sickening. Triple H's crowd pandering somehow surpassed that of Cena's.

Terrible.

[quote name='mykevermin']Does Big Show really have merch that refers to him as a WMD?

Stay classy.

Also, that video package nearly caused me to have a seizure.[/QUOTE]

Like the equally atrocious Air Boom and Jomosapiens, the WWE Universe picked that name.

Why his punch isn't called the Showstopper, I'll never know.

This is some serious Russo booking tonight: Apparently the roster was worried about unsfe working conditions under Triple H, but now we're two matches into the Laurenitis Era and both ended with a run-in and subsequent beatdown.

Why his punch isn't called the Showstopper, I'll never know.

Because HBK is the showstopper.

I hope Botchamania shows that part where Mark Henry delivers the Worlds Strongest Slam to Orton and pins him .... AFTER the match ended.

[quote name='Cage017']Because HBK is the showstopper.[/QUOTE]

Didn't stop Show from using that name for his chokeslam.

Edit - God damn it, they're going to fire JR again.

[quote name='Cage017']Because HBK is the showstopper.

I hope Botchamania shows that part where Mark Henry delivers the Worlds Strongest Slam to Orton and pins him .... AFTER the match ended.[/QUOTE]

and that hand spring elbow Kelly Kelly "delivered".

[quote name='diddy310']JR can't even pretend to give a fuck anymore.[/QUOTE]

Can you blame him at this point? At least this time he wasn't kicked in the balls.

[quote name='diddy310']JR can't even pretend to give a fuck anymore.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I'm glad the firing happened during half time of MNF otherwise I might have missed it and the complete apathy on behalf of JR. "Eh, I'm fired again, ah well, I'm just gonna take my folder and leave"

They should put Mason Ryan in a tag team with Tank Toland, where Tank plays the smack-talking younger brother, and Mason is the silent muscle who does all the work.

I mean, FFS, Ryan looks like Tank Toland blown up 175%.

WWERawGM John Laurinaitis by WWE
Hello, @WWEUniverse. This is Interim #Raw General Manager John Laurinaitis. And I'm on Twitter now.

Holy shit, thanks for that.

so jr i guess will be on HHH side come nov ...

I think this might be way the wwe is trying to break the wwe into 2 brands ..

monday be this crap and friday will be Triple h show . or some junk like that..

If i paid for tickets tonight i demand a refund

[quote name='slidecage']I think this might be way the wwe is trying to break the wwe into 2 brands ..[/QUOTE]

They kind of already did that nine years ago.

Now it's come to the point where they show Zach Ryder winning in recaps, yet he doesn't appear on Raw afterwards. I disapprove.

For 30 minutes, this Raw was great. Now it's just pathetic. Did all of the Cena fans leave after the opening? When Laryngitis announced Cena will face Rio at Vengeance, the crowd was DEAD.

From the comments it sounds like Raw has been some more typical McMahon booking.

If it's so bad, why do so many of you keep watching? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I genuinely don't understand the mindset that allows someone to keep watching something they openly admit is crap.

I watched the first half hour and turned it off after the Morrison-Christian squash. Mostly because I wanted to see the train wreck of an opening.

Sadly, that may be the best part of Raw tonight.

That was a really awesome looking spot with Bourne's knee press being countered into the powerbomb, hopefully he's not hurt.

[quote name='neocisco']From the comments it sounds like Raw has been some more typical McMahon booking.

If it's so bad, why do so many of you keep watching? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I genuinely don't understand the mindset that allows someone to keep watching something they openly admit is crap.[/QUOTE]

I stopped giving a shit about it getting "better" and it makes it more enjoyable.

[quote name='neocisco']If it's so bad, why do so many of you keep watching? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I genuinely don't understand the mindset that allows someone to keep watching something they openly admit is crap.[/QUOTE]

Its like watching a really bad D-rate horror movie. Its so horrible yet you keep watching because you just need to see how worse it will get.

[quote name='neocisco']From the comments it sounds like Raw has been some more typical McMahon booking.

If it's so bad, why do so many of you keep watching? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I genuinely don't understand the mindset that allows someone to keep watching something they openly admit is crap.[/QUOTE]

I tuned in at the beginning to see how they would handle the walkout. I will admit that aside from some glaring discrepancies I pointed out, and the obvious undertones Myke and I talked about, there was a slightly amusing shotgun approach to the presentation for the first half hour. Then they took that, balled it up, and threw it in the trash in favor of business as usual. That's when I switched over to Monday Night Football. I went back to Monday Night Raw during half time and I quickly saw that nothing had changed when they fired JR for the, what, 47th time?

[quote name='Demolition Man']Its like watching a really bad D-rate horror movie. Its so horrible yet you keep watching because you just need to see how worse it will get.[/QUOTE]

I didn't watch tonight but yeah, this is exactly why. Every once in a while there will be a really great match that will show up online/on Netflix/on a DVD comp and I'll see it that way. The horrible booking in the meantime is just for the lulz.

I found out a couple days ago that ROH runs at midnight on one of the 10 channels that my antenna gets. I missed it last Saturday but I think I'll try and catch it next weekend.

[quote name='Halo05']I found out a couple days ago that ROH runs at midnight on one of the 10 channels that my antenna gets. I missed it last Saturday but I think I'll try and catch it next weekend.[/QUOTE]

It'll be up on ROHWrestling.com on Thursday. The previous week's show is up right now which is still worth watching.

Why do you care so much about a product you don't watch?

[quote name='Survivalism']Why do you care so much about a product you don't watch?[/QUOTE]

Some people will see whatever they want, regardless of what it actually is. :roll:

Read my post again (y'know, the one you quoted). There's nothing in there that would even remotely imply I "care so much" about WWE. My question is for and about the people watching it. Reply to it or don't, but don't try to make implications for which you have no basis.

[quote name='mykevermin']"The good R-Truth is gone...The bad R-Truth won't pass the bong"?

That's what I heard, at any rate.[/QUOTE]

That's great :applause:

So, I turned back to watch the main event and I will concede that the finish wasn't too bad. At the very least I'm a little interested to see where this new feud goes. Yeah, it'll probably go south but ah well.

Even the return of R Truth couldn't save this Raw. The bell rang to end the match even though the ref didn't call for it and then either Cole or Lawler was drinking something as you can hear a loud slurping sound.

The next Botchamania could do an entire episode based on tonight's Raw alone.

[quote name='diddy310']I think they made the decision to fire JR again as soon as he called it a Doctor Bomb.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. I, too, was pretty agog that JR accidentally let slip the name of a specific wrestling move.

He forgets that in WWE, everything is "what an incredible maneuver!"

11:00 hit and Daily Show was on. I bailed on Raw.

35428X.jpg

If only he were wearing that exact shirt on the shirt. (and didn't spend the last year making Fruity Pebble jokes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back