The Mark Henry World's Strongest Champ Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Habbler']Last night after Super Dave fired good ol' JR.[/QUOTE]

Fired him in front of his wife. Two days before their anniversary. Vince McMahon is a miserable human being.

Love GI's Hogan Kinect game review -
Outside of those brief appearances, Hulk is about as frequently seen as Waldo. Between matches in the career mode, you’ll watch comic book-style panels explaining that you’re working for a rotten wrestling booker named Booker. Still shots of Hogan are shown during these, complete with speech bubbles over his head. It probably would have taken Hulk an extra 15 minutes in the VO booth to record the entirety of the game’s text dialogue, but I assume he was too busy marrying women that look identical to his daughter.
LOL

Should get another theme from the guys who did Drew McIntyre's...it's not like he's ever on TV so you wouldn't notice the overlap.

Dolph's redone theme would be fine without the echoed "Iaammpuhhfeckkkshunn!!" part in the intro.

http://www.wrestlingrevolutionproject.com/

Wrestling Revolution Project founder Jeff Katz says he is seeking SAG union memberships for the pro wrestlers involved in the WRP promotion that began taping this week. "Working on it actively. If I had a bigger budget it would've been done immediately. SAG has been very receptive to the point they've had internal meetings specifically about how to classify wrestling to make it work for the model," Katz tweeted Wednesday night. "I'm of the opinion this is another one that is both inevitable and overdue."

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_54205.shtml

I think that (1) the roster for this company is really awesome for starters (Cabana? Devitt? Anderson? And that's just a few.), and (2) that them seeking SAG unionization/membership in the middle of WWE's propaganda garbage storyline right now is magnificent.

This is a promotion I can get behind for a variety of reasons. I can't wait to see it start.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://www.wrestlingrevolutionproject.com/

I think that (1) the roster for this company is really awesome for starters (Cabana? Devitt? Anderson? And that's just a few.), and (2) that them seeking SAG unionization/membership in the middle of WWE's propaganda garbage storyline right now is magnificent.

This is a promotion I can get behind for a variety of reasons. I can't wait to see it start.[/QUOTE]

Everyone who has complained about how wrestlers are treated needs to "put up or shut up" with this company. My money is ready.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Everyone who has complained about how wrestlers are treated needs to "put up or shut up" with this company. My money is ready.[/QUOTE]

That is a fair statement to make. With their roster and now with the PIC trying to actually make a better work environment for his employees I'm on board.

Until the promoters of yesteryear like McMahon, Lawler, etc. die off, wrestling won't escape its carny roots. However, I'd say now is the best time as we've had a high profile double murder-suicide, media crossovers, and business being somewhat in the toilet.

Vince, Lawler, and others dying won't make it escape its carny roots because those are the roots of the business and were around BEFORE them. Plus, there will be at least one generation of promoters trying to imitate them since what they did worked for a time. And since Lawler was brought up - BUY MEMPHIS HEAT, IT IS AWESOME and will anyone who hasn't quite gotten why Lawler is so revered up to speed on why that is the case. It's also got some incredible extras - I went through the Gelanto incident and the interview outtakes and was absolutely amazed by them. I still need to go through the studio and Mid-South Coliseum highlights, but this disc was definitely worth the $25 I paid, and I didn't think I'd say that about a DVD purchase again.

Next week on ESPN (E:60, airing next Wednesday), they profile Scott Hall.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiAoI-FmSCI[/youtube]

[quote name='Halo05']Damn I hope that shows up on ESPN3 or pirated onto Youtube or something.[/QUOTE]

^ This!!! I no longer have cable and i need to watch it.

Maybe if we request Captain Capturecard Jay to use his powers for good instead of gratuitous ass shots, he'll be nice and upload it for you guys.

This is a promotion I can get behind for a variety of reasons. I can't wait to see it start.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm ready a willing to throw my money at a promotion that gives a damn about its roster.

I've read some impressions about the two shows taped so far, and it's sounding amazing.

Assuming this goes through, SAG's health benefits would be a huge draw for wrestlers to sign with the company. I'd love for this to work out if for no other reason than to see which guys would sign with WRP.

Loved the show-opening video covering Roode and Angle instead of just Sting-Hogan. Glad that Angle upgraded from his Wal-Mart Batman shirt to a nice-looking button-down shirt. Roode wearing a new TNA Affliction knock-off...is an upgrade from the basic Impact Wrestling shirt he wore before. Nice intense Angle promo - really would've been better without the canned heat machine. Good Roode promo too, although all the talk about heart made me think about Captain Planet. Loved Kurt acting like a face at points before setting up Roode in a handicap match when he was long out of his reach - great dick heel move. And then they cut to two old guys beating up AJ, and apparently RVD who was somewhere, I think. Then they just kept fighting and Tenay mentioned that DANIELS IS STILL IN FORTUNE. AJ is either the most forgiving friend ever or dumber than '90s Sting. Loved the heels having matching red and white gear while AJ had black and gold and RVD had purple and green, so RVD apparently planned to team with Joker Sting tonight. This was a blast - RVD's best TV match in ages. I liked AJ beating Lynn - it reminded me of their '02 feud. This was one of those matches that was just great, and yet also added something to the respective PPV matches by not giving anything away. Oh, and Lynn-RVD is a TLC match...for some reason. I guess because RVD uses chairs or something. They really could've done SOMETHING to set this up. fuck, just have a ladder laying over RVD when he got beaten down weeks ago - that would've been better than nothing. That match should be pretty good, and have great heat since it'll be Lynn-RVD for the last time in Philly.

They announced Anderson-Steiner and Morgan-Joe...I guess because Joe needed to lose again. Also, THE MATCH THAT WILL DETERMINE WHO OWNS THE COMPANY will be made official three days before the PPV. Joe came out, leading to Tenay bringing up what a loser he was in the BFG series. LOLed @ Morgan using the corner-slamming reverse chokeslam to set up... a running knee lift that almost came within a foot of Joe's face. Okay, he should never do the knee lift again and just make that the setup to the pump kick. Loved the leapfrog off the second rope from Morgan leading to the finish...a rollup. Okay, that part sucked. And then Joe just kicked his ass. So Joe's still a loser, and Morgan got beat up by him. Crimson saved him, and Joe challenged for what was basically a two on one match.

New Jeff Hardy DVD ad was shown. Seems a bit exploitative, but maybe it'll be okay. Hernandez cut a promo in Konnan-ese with a bunch of prison references, and then Ink Inc brawled with Mex-Am until Christina Von Eerie came out to save them from getting beaten up by the chicks. Fun segment. Hopefully Ink Inc wins, although it kind of sucks that their match was taken off the PPV - hopefully they still get a payday as if it was. Show came back and Brian Kendrick was dancing to his stupid theme with Jesse the football guy. Aries and Kash came to hopefully send Kendrick to PWG and Jesse back to the indies, or at least a seamstress who can craft some new gear for him. Kinda odd to have the exact same tag match setup formula of heels vs. faces of different matches face off, but I guess it's a bit different here since Kash-Jesse isn't on PPV. Okay match. Loved Aries asking fans to shush while he tried to use the belt, and I'm glad Kendrick won since it means he'll lose at the PPV.

WHORES AND BITCHES CAME OUT! All dignified though. Well, minus Traci. Kinda hard to believe the "she isn't a whore" side of things when she dresses like one and fucked Bischoff three times to try and get a job. Karen buried the knockouts division saying she had to fight to get their match on the card, and then for some reason, started yelling at Velvet. Doesn't she just mainly hate Traci? What's up with the Velvet stuff? They argued back and forth and did a great job building up Velvet-Karen for...a show that isn't BFG. Madison as Karen's parrot was glorious. Catfight seemed stupid, even if it was building up a Philly match so it kind of makes sense. Segment was a negative for the BFG match, but Karen-Velvet was set up well. AJ bitched and moaned about how his and Daniels's wives and kids won't talk, and then built up the BFG I QUit match saying he nearly blinded Dreamer in one - AWESOME use of history there that actually made me want to see the BFG match. Daniels beating him up and telling him to keep talking shit afterwards was great. THIS fucking ruled.

I wish someone had attacked Anderson before his match so he couldn't do his pre-match deal. Anderson's now working in his T-Shirt. Wow. Abyss came out with a chain, came in the ring...ref did nothing, so he then HIT STEINER WITH A CHAIN...ref did nothing...and then Abyss left so Anderson covered and got the win. And then Abyss got beat up and booted out of Immortal. So I guess he'll be a face and get involved in either the Bully-Anderson match to set up Bully-Abyss after BFG or help Sting get the company out of Hogan's control. I'm glad he's a face - he's more fun as a wacky goofball than he is as a crazy monster...mainly because he was so goofy that it's impossible to take him seriously as a monster. Maybe he can come back and sell Direct Auto Insurance, but he'll get hit by cars on a weekly basis every time he tries.

Angle appeared as the devil on Storm's shoulder trying to get him to give into the dark side of the force, but Storm held strong. Please hold strong longer man, I don't want a fuck finish at the PPV. They aired another great Angel-Roode video. I loved this one more than the last one they did, but not quite as much as the first one, which really sold you on Roode the person. This one focused more on the feud and it FINALLY had an edge to it that was lacking before. It felt like Angle was just toying with him before, and this felt like he was taking him seriously. Roode vs. Gunner/Jarrett began with Brian Hebner telling Roode he couldn't use a chair because he'd have to DQ him. After a match where a chain was used and that was okay...HAHAHAHAHAHA! Loved everything involving Roode and Jarrett here. I'd be all for Jarrett being the first guy to face Roode as champion since it would be...fresh..to have Jeff in the TNA World Title scene and they'd probably have a great match. Loved that Roode won the handicap match clean, and by submission no less. So glad Storm came out to save Bobby. If Bobby wins, I hope we get a Storm promo that is basically "we may not be a team, but we'll ALWAYS be Beer Money!". Loved the post-match bit with Hardy giving his approval of Roode as a main eventer, and then having Beer Money give Jeff his props for saving them. They got the crowd to chant SHAKE HIS HAND during this, so yeah, it was pretty awesome, and Jeff looked really motivated too. Storm's Beer Drinker 22/7 shirt made me wonder if they'll give Jeff a HIGH (on life) 24/7 shirt. LOVED the wacky Hardy-Jarrett deal. Hardy called him a flounder, which was way funnier than it should've been.

Knoxville loved them some Sting and Hogan, despite this being the second show-closing Hogan-Sting deal of the tapings. Although really, they were nuclear for Sting. I think this might be the first crowd to actually boo Hogan though. Maybe that's because he turned heel on them at the prior show. Loved the head-on shot of Hogan and Sting setting next to each other because it looked so wacky. Ditto Sting's brighter than the sun yellow shoes. Hogan cut an awesome promo before Bischoff came out to distract Sting so Hogan could beat him up. Hogan punched him a bunch and did the choke on the throat spot...so that's one more spot than I thought he'd even be able to do in the match. Hogan said there'd be no interference, but he's a heel, and crippled, so I hope for his sake that there's a ton of it and he doesn't get hurt because even doing matches that were designed around his limits, he's still gotten hurt badly. It's kinda sad that the last real matches of his career were basically seen by no one in Australia, and his final one in the U.S. was on a Memphis house show. Hopefully this is it for Hogan in anything remotely advertised as a match.

Screens -

Quotes -
Tenay - Tonight, THE CONTRACT SIGNING FOR THE CAREER VERSUS COMPANY MATCH MAKES IT OFFICIAL!
Angle - Bobby Roode. How about you and I have one last talk before our showdown in the main event for the world title at BFG?
Crowd - NEXT WORLD CHAMP!
Angle - YOU DID IT, BOBBY! 4 weeks ago, I booked you in three matches against Fortune to break you down and you passed the test with true colors - except for the last match. I helped ya out! But I’m not Kaz! I’M NOT AJ! AND I SURE AS HELL AM NOT THE COWBOY JAMES STORM! I’M KURT ANGLE! THE GREATEST WRESTLER TO EVER LACE UP A PAIR OF BOOTS! Word is, you thoughgt what you did to Fortune was impressive - that’s nothing compared to my accomplishments. I WON THE OLYMPICS! AND WON WORLD TITLES IN EVERY WRESTLING ORGANIZATION I’VE BEEN IN, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I’VE DOMINATED IMPACT WRESTLING FOR FIVE YEARS. I can’t just talk about being the best - I have to prove it. I promise all these idiots, and you, that I will prove that I’m the greatest of all time. IT’S REAL! IT’S DAMN REAL!
Roode - Kurt, we both know what it takes to be a champion. It takes heart. HEART! We could go to BFG and tear the house down. We could go 30, 40, or 60 minutes, but at the end, it’ll be the guy with the bigger heart that’s gonna survive. In ‘96 in Atlanta, you ahd the heart to overcome a broken neck and win a gold medal. Your whole career, you’ve walked in the ring and had the heart - YOU’RE A MACHINE. Kurt, at BFG, all I want is to find out who has the bigger heart - who has the heart to take this company to the next level? Is it gonna be Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode?! I PROPOSE THIS - BFG, no frills no games. No Immortal, no Fortune. You and me, man to man, FOR THE WORLD TITLE! And let’s see who the better wrestler is that night.
Angle - All right - what you want is what you get. WAIT - I FORGOT SOMETHING. DARN IT! I forgot to tell ya that Hogan and Eric booked you in another tune-up match. Tonight, you’ll be facing…GUNNER!
Also, you’ll face Jeff Jarrett in a handicap match. See ya at BFG.
Taz - PING PONG, DING DONG, DANIELS IS IN TROUBLE!
Tenay - RVD gets Lynn FULL METAL MAYHEM!
Taz - Bodyscissors!
Taz - We don’t know that Daniels is in Fortune. I wouldn’t assume he isn’t.
Tenay - I think officially he is.
Tenay - IS LYNN GONNA TRY AND GET THE PIN!?
Tenay - Look back to the BFG Series - Joe was lucking up at 11 other competitors.
Joe - It seems like every time I start something and try to finish it, one of you saves the other’s ass. This is an old fashioned game of king of the jungle - I SEE A COUPLE OF BETA MALES WHO ARE SCARED OF EACH OTHER. SCARED TO FIGHT ONE ANOTHER. SO YOU COME TO THE ALPHA ASS-KICKER. LET ME PUT US IN A SITUATION WHRE THERE ARE NO FRIENDS! AT BFG, IT’S MORGAN-JOE-CRIMSON IN A TRIPLE THREAT! THE COICE IS YOURS, BOYS. YOU CAN EITHER BE THE ALPHA, OR FRIENDS!
Hardy - I’ve finally grown up. It’s time for me to change.
Hernandez - WE GOT 2 WANNABE TOUGH GUYS - CALLED INK INC! YOU TWO MOHAWKED MIDGETS WANNA CALL US OUT!? LET’S DO THIS MEXICAN PRISON STYLE! YOU’LL DO IRONING MY SOCKS, AND I’LL BE PIMPING YOU OUT!
Jesse - You guys talk about America this and America that? DON’T YOU GUYS LIVE HERE!?
Do us a favor, show us that tattoo Shannon gave ya!
Moore - Jesse, why ya being so mean bro. THESE GUYS ARE TAG TEAM CHAMPS. BUT AS MY WHEELS ARE TURNING, something comes to mind. Something that’ll make us happy and each and everyone of these Americans here in Knoxville happy.
Anarchia - WHAT’S GONNA MAKE THEM AHPPY ESSE SHANNON?
Ink Inc - GET THE HELL OUT!
Jesse - ESES, AT BFG, BRING ALL THE WOMEN YOU WANT - CUZ INK INC, WE GOT OURS!
Taz - This is the biggest stipulation ever - THE COMPANY IS ON THE LINE.
Taz - LET THE PIGEONS DISPERSE! I’m getting classier in my older age. A tad.
Karen - Ladies, and I use that term loosely, I HAD TO FIGHT LIKE A BANSHEE TO GET YOU ON THE CARD. WHY!? NOBODY WANTED YOU ON THE CARD! IF YOU’D SHUT UP AND LISTEN!
Rayne - SHUT UP AND LISTEN!
Karen - BFG is a night of prestige and class - not for these five and dime street-walking hoes. Mainly you, Velvet.
Velvet - ENOUGH, KAREN!
Karen - WE’RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO IT BEING ENOUGH! And when we are, I WILL SAY IT’S ENOUGH!
Rayne - KAREN WILL SAY!
Karen - I’m class, and you’re trash. I’m what every woman wants to be, and every man wants to see. You, the crowd that you draw is the losers. I’m a role model for the entire female race! OLD, YOUNG, IT DOESN’T MATTER! THEY ALL LOOK UP TO ME AND THAT’S WHY I’M WHERE I AM AND YOU’RE WHERE YOU ARE!
Velvet - Maybe you’re right. BUT MAYBE YOU’RE NOT. THERE WILL BE A TIME WHEN YOU’LL RESPECT ME. BECAUSE I’LL BE THE NEXT KNOCKOUTS CHAMPION!
Karen - OVER MY DEAD BODY WILL YOU BE THE NEXT CHAMPIOn!
Karen - YOU’LL BE SCRUBBING TOILETS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, TRACI BROOKS!
AJ - CHRIS, NOW OUR WIVES AREN’T TALKING AND OUR KIDS AREN’T PLAYING TOGETHER! ALL BECAUSE YOU WANTED ONE MORE MATCH! NOW YOU WANT AN I QUIT MATCH!? FINE! ASK TOMMY DREAMER ABOUT ‘EM - HE ALMOST LOST AN EYE!
Daniels - TALK SHIT NOW, AJ! TALK IT! I COULD END IT RIGHT NOW!
Anderson - Assholes - I hail from GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN!
Tenay - Big Poppa Pump’s gonna get physical with Anderson.
Ray - I GOT MY EYES ON EVERYTHING!
Taz - And he’s not even miced.
Storm - Whadya want, Kurt?
Angle - You know - how you’ve been thinking about how you COULD’VE BEATEN BOBBY!?
Storm - HE BEAT ME CUZ YOU RAMMED MYHEAD INTO THE STAIRS.
Angle - He’s your best friend…
Storm - I KNOW YOUR GAMES, I TALKED TO BOBBY, AND THE ONLY REASON I’M NOT WHOOPING YOUR ASS IS BECAUSE I RESPECT BOBBY!
Angle - It sits well with you? Great.
Roode - I think a lot of people can identify with me - I work hard. We’ve got a lot of guys on the roster older fans can identify with, but I think it’s time for a change. It’s a new chapter. I’ve had great success with Beer Money Inc., but it’s time for the world championship.
Angle - I’ve waited 2 ½ years to get a shot at the world title - every time you win it, it feels like the first time. You wanna hang onto that title - he doesn’t have that experience. Roode has the pressure on him. He’s carrying the world on his shoulders. He’s got a lot to prove that I’ve already proven. We could wrestle 100 times and he’d beat me one of those times.
Hardy - A few weeks ago, I apologized to people. A week ago, I took out Bischoff, and tonight, I helped out the next world champ.
Jarrett - I’VE BEEN THERE EVERY STEP OF THE WAY! WE’VE HAD A FRIENDSHIP! And it’s time for a friend to tell another friend that he has no more chances. In there days, THE COMPANY I FOUNDED HAS ITS BIGGEST SHOW EVER, AND YOU BETTER NOT BE THERE! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?
Hardy - TO BUY MY TICKET TO PHILLY, FLOUNDER!
JB - You’ve both agreed to the terms, it’s time to make it official. Any final words?
Hogan - You know Mr. Bo-ash, I have something to say. I’ve been watching you dance around Hulk Hogan for 30 years - we had a brief encounter, but you were happy when it was over. I’ve watched your song and dance. I’ve wrestled all over the world - I’m not hard to find. But for you to come here to TNA in the twilight of my career when I was here to help this company and make things right. And with Bischoff to get this company back on track, and that’s what you and those TNA Originals couldn’t do, you dug down danced around my career, HID FROM THE MONSTER, AND THEN IN THE 11TH HOUR, YOU DROPPED YOUR DOWN CARD WITH THE BIG SCARY MAN FACE ON IT! YOU WANTED HULK HOGAN? YOU GOT THE REAL DAMN HULK HOGAN NOW! That’s all you wanted? I’m here to tell you - be careful what you wish for. One more time for the record book - MY WRESTLING CAREER IS OVER, but for you to insult me in front of these people who love me, to embarrass me, I wanna let you know that it’ll be THE FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE. There’s gonna be no games played. No interference. No pieces of the puzzle to figure out. YOU AND ME, MAN ON MAN. ONE MAN WALKS OUT, ONE DOESN’T. YOU’VE GOT MY WORD, BROTHER!
Sting - Man on man?
Hogan - NOBODY ELSE!
Bischoff - Woah woah woah! There’s one piece of business! Sting, you laid your hands on me 2 weeks ago, and if there’s anything left of you, I’M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!

nFw8t.gif

1) Abe Washington has a feud with Byron Saxton that keeps getting put on hold because they are rotating injuries. Its the Batista vs Mark Henry of FCW.
2) I'm pretty sure Hero didn't get signed. Looks like the bromance is over.

The Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose feud has actually been worth watching. If you feel like downloading some FCW episodes check it out.

I should start recording FCW since it's on the local Channel. That or just break down and go to there shows.

Loving the Too many limes picture. Every time I hear his theme song now I chuckle.

Interesting but since they seem to have him focusing on NASCAR rasslin and Punjabi pugilism (hey, it's 3am) for the moment, we'll have to wait and see.

That's Big Daddy, one of the most legendary English wrestlers of all time.

Gail Kim started giving post-WWE interviews this week. She provides some fascinating insight into how WWE does business:

Gail said: "The night of the Battle Royal where I eliminated myself, it was ten minutes before Raw ended, and I pulled Johnny (Laurinaitis) aside. It was right after his first on-air segment, and I told him 'I just want to give you my notice. I'm quitting.'

"He was surprised and said 'You're putting this on me ten minutes before Raw ends?'

"There were words between us. Nothing bad – even though you might hear bad things about Johnny, I understand what his job is. I have never felt in any way afraid to talk to him about how I feel.

"So I just told him. I told him I felt held down and just ready to move on. I said 'I don't want your money; I just want to be free. Free to do whatever I want.'

"Johnny said 'I'll have to get clearance for you to quit, it shouldn't be a problem.' Of course it was a problem, and they didn't want me to work anywhere else, so I had to stay at home.

"In my opinion, my perception is that it is a control thing for them. They are very powerful and they like to control certain aspects of the company. That really upset me, and when I quit I said to Johnny 'Stop trying to control me. You guys never really cared about me before, so why do you care now whether I want to quit or not?'"

Her decision to unilaterally eject herself from the Battle Royal caused some ripples in the wrestling world, with some labelling Gail unprofessional, but others feeling the act of rebellion was justified.

"It was a very controversial thing," she said. "A lot of people said that they lost respect for me because I was unprofessional. But unless anyone walks in your shoes they do not what you feel.

"I can admit that maybe it was a childish thing to do. But I would not take it back. I was disrespected many times by the company, and when you get disrespected that many times there is only so much you can take.

"I'm not one to just lay there and take it – at least not now – and they didn't even notice.

I added the bold, as that quote says a remarkable amount about WWE to me. They (the company) didn't even notice that she eliminated herself from a wrestling match on live tv, and yet when she wants to leave, suddenly they want to put her on ice.

Independent contractors, eh?

[quote name='mykevermin']That's Big Daddy, one of the most legendary English wrestlers of all time.

Gail Kim started giving post-WWE interviews this week. She provides some fascinating insight into how WWE does business:

I added the bold, as that quote says a remarkable amount about WWE to me. They (the company) didn't even notice that she eliminated herself from a wrestling match on live tv, and yet when she wants to leave, suddenly they want to put her on ice.

Independent contractors, eh?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why stories like this would surprise anyone.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Why did you erase the post about Magnum TA crashing his car on your birthday?[/QUOTE]

I wanted to keep the series of humorous pictures featuring two wrestlers going.

Thanks for ruining it, everyone else. :bomb:

[quote name='Demolition Man']I'm watching this AWE PPV right now... and yeah.... its terrible beyond all belief.[/QUOTE]

Was it worse than the Legends of Wrestling PPV? I ordered that piece of shit.

[quote name='mitch079']Was it worse than the Legends of Wrestling PPV? I ordered that piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

The only good part of that show was Tully Blanchard's promo.

EDIT: Oh wait, I'm thinking of Heroes of Wrestling. Nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who was Nash's mystery partner at that show?

Going to BFG tomorrow night. Will take some pics, but I bought cheap seats so they may not be impressive.

Yeah, I've been way too busy to watch much of anything. Haven't seen SD in years aside from a half dozen episodes here and there, haven't seen Impact in months, but I follow the arcs and builds on websites, and watch Raw every other week, give or take. And then, most of the time, I'm grading or doing one of five million other tasks on my plate, so it's more background noise.

...that said, the show looks to be excellent on paper. If they pass the torch to Bobby Roode tomorrow night, I'll go home happy.

[quote name='mitch079']Was it worse than the Legends of Wrestling PPV? I ordered that piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

I only saw the last three matches on the show. Finlay vs Silva went on FOREVER complete with Finlay spending what felt like an eternity faking a leg injury only to completely no sell it in the end. Then there was some weird midget vs voodoo guy match that was so bad it was hysterical to watch. The "main event" started out as Rock N Roll Express vs Nash and his mystery partner DDP. We got at best one minute of DDP in the ring when the match suddenly got changed to Nash vs one of the members of the RnR Express (forgot which one). We got a vague few minutes of wrestling... then ten minutes of talking about internal politics. Then Nash power bombed the guy and walked out. Show ended with 35 minutes of PPV time left.

And to think there's going to be a second PPV by this company. Not to mention I'm amazed I remember that much about this PPV given I was watching more of the San Jose Earthquakes at Seattle Sounders MLS game.

[quote name='Brak']http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/AJ_Styles_Calls_Out_Hulk_Hogan_On_Twitter_.php

Why is Hogan absolutely bewitched by radio hosts? So much so, that he befriends them. And, of course, spills his guts / runs his mouth on their programs as though it were a private conversation. Is it because he's a babyboomer, and they absolutely adore the radio waves?[/QUOTE]

I suspect Hogan knows that he's untouchable, or alternately he thinks that we live in a pre-internet era where discussions with small market radio hosts don't reach fans who pay attention to the product.

WWE RAW taping spoilers for this Monday night.

* John Laurinaitis opened the show to much heat and announced John Cena and Jim Ross vs. Michael Cole and WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio for later tonight. Laurinaitis talked about JR's firing here. The winner will get to pick a stipulation for the WWE Title match at Vengeance.

* Mark Henry, Christian and Cody Rhodes beat Sheamus, Randy Orton and John Morrison. There was a brawl after the match with Sheamus vs. Christian and Orton vs. Rhodes. Orton and Rhodes is official for Vengeance.

* Eve Torres defeated Natalya. Beth Phoenix vs. Eve for Beth's Divas Title is announced for Vengeance.

* CM Punk defeated The Miz. During the match, Laurinaitis came out to show something to Triple H, who was with Punk. Laurinaitis ordered Triple H away from ringside. After the match, R-Truth and Miz beat Punk down.

* Vickie Guerrero brought out Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger. They will face Air Boom for the WWE Tag Team Titles at Vengeance.

* Zack Ryder defeated Jack Swagger. After the match, Swagger and Ziggler beat Ryder up until Mason Ryan made the save.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Mason Ryan via DQ. Ryan got himself DQ'd when he was beating up Ziggler and wouldn't stop for the ref's count.

* Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara in a mask vs. mask match is announced for SmackDown.

* Jim Ross and John Cena defeated Michael Cole and Alberto Del Rio in the main event. Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment on Cole and Ross put the ankle lock on him for the win. Del Rio vs. Cena at Vengeance will be a Last Man Standing match, per Cena's orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back