The Mark Henry World's Strongest Champ Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only watched about 30 minutes worth of RAW last night. I just didn't care. Besides, The Daily Show came off its week-long break last night, and I sure as shit ain't missing that for RAW runover.

[quote name='Survivalism']
Sin Cara defeated Sin Cara Black in a mask vs. mask match. Bye-bye Sin Cara Black.
[/QUOTE]

fuck!!!!! fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!!

So, after watching the first few minutes of RAW... I had a few questions that come to mind that some of you more in the know might be able to answer.

Are they TRYING to tank viewership at this point (because coupled with last week's show, I ended up not paying much attention to the rest of RAW)?

If so, what do you think is the motivation (you think, maybe to see how many people tune in due to habit alone)?

it's pretty amazing what they've managed to do based on the summer of punk angle.

by that, I mean, it's stunning how they monumentally fucked up what was potentially the hottest angle in years and let that fuckup permeate the entire product.

AcEgWBtCMAAOmzn.jpg:large

saw this on twitter.

James Storm defeated Kurt Angle at tonight’s Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando, Florida to capture the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Storm defeated Angle in approximately three minutes via Last Call. He celebrated his title victory with the crowd and members of Fortune.

Sting became the new authority figure of TNA Wrestling at the beginning of the show and in his first move, had Angle face Storm in the main event.

Major spoiler for TNA. Let me be the first to say, "What the fuck, TNA?". I guess Hogan was behind this, considering the interview last week where he said
he thought Storm, not Roode, was the next top guy.

WWE may be insulting the intelligence of their fans, but TNA is just straight up bending their fans over and fucking them in the ass.
Your biggest ppv of the year and in the main event you give some bogus ending upsetting your customers who paid for the ppv, and now only to have the title change on THE VERY FIRST SHOW after the ppv on free cable and its in a squash manner.
I used to turn into Impact every now and then for the past few months but I think this is it for me.

I see the fault as being more Hogan's than TNA's. Now, TNA chose to resign Hogan so they're hardly blameless but Hogan and his cronies are completely out of touch.

I'm leaning in your direction, PF. It's probably time to start that ROH membership instead of waiting until Thursdays.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Skipped Raw. neocisco was right, it feels good.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. :)

TheRock88 you give TNA too much credit.
Having Storm win on an episode right after their big PPV is TNA at its "best" they had Sting win the title at BFG a couple years ago just to drop it BACK to Angle the following night at the tapings. Can't be shocked by TNA booking this way. Hell I would have considered tuning in if the match was gonna be decent but with reports saying it comes in at around 3 minutes, I'm gonna pass.

Anyone know what night or which ESPN the Scott Hall thing is gonna air on?

[quote name='mykevermin']it's stunning how they monumentally fucked up what was potentially the hottest angle in years and let that fuckup permeate the entire product.[/QUOTE]

I agree they've fucked it up, but it's not stunning. Swap "Summer of Punk" with "Nexus Invasion" and the same thing applies. Start an angle that's actually really interesting in late June/July, then have it go down the pipes at (or even by) Summerslam.

WWE has a gift for making the extraordinary become very, very ordinary.

We'll agree to disagree, then. I think it takes some monumental talent to fuck up sure things the way WWE does. They could have coasted into steady ratings on those angles at the least, but they turned both into negative trends. That shit takes talent, like getting a grade of 15/100 on an exam. You gotta fuck up something *special* to get that far.

Turns out there's a unique storyline in WWE '12 featuring a fictional wrestler named Jacob Cross. The person who did his voiceover work for the game? Current X Division Champion Austin Aries.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']It is Dixie Carter.[/QUOTE]

damn, I never noticed how much they look alike.

If after watching the Hall segment on E:60 you didnt want to go up to him, shake his hand, maybe even give him a hug and tell him you are there for him and want to help him, then you are one cold individual.

They actually did a good job showing him as a real person and not making him look like a piece of crap as some of those types of pieces do. Instead of telling the story for him, they actually let him tell his own story for the most part, and he is man enough to admit that he has done this to himself and not try to blame the business or anyone else for his shortcomings. That takes a real man to do.

Hopefully his son will finally be that anchor that he needs. It would be great to see his son actually make it in the business and one day see Scott walk him to the ring as a manager type role for a big main event. Sadly, with the state of the business these days and Scott's health I don't think we will get to see that happen.

I'm old enough to know we're all real people in the end. Celebrity status is neat, but I'm not blown away by meeting people. Met Mickie James and Jerry Lynn at an indy show the other week, said hi, nice to meet you, and went about my business.

So there's the grown up part of me that knows Hall is human, mortal, and quite fallible.

But I'd be lying if I didn't say there's still part of that 12 year old kid still in me who thought Razor Ramon was the most amazing wrestler ever, that he was tough, he was cool, his swagger made me jealous, he had a good physique, and was a fucking hero and icon.

That was an amazing well edited and produced piece. I'd watch it again. It's a very impressive piece because it doesn't make excuses for Hall and doesn't fall into the typical easy narrative of "the business is bad for people."

I really hope they throw it on the ESPN website. I need to watch the documentary. I've always felt bad for Hall. Yeah he's a drunk but that's too simple an explanation to write him off. You just don't become like that. I always figured he went through some serious stuff going growing up to get where he is today.

That was much more well done than I anticipated. A few random thoughts:

1. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that had no idea that Hall murdered someone about a year before AWA. The piece put it out there in a very matter-of-fact way that made me think it was somehow common knowledge that I missed.

2. I had never seen the full Fall River footage, only the part where he spoke, so I had zero idea they actually made him get in the ring and actually perform. That was the one part where they edited it to make the promoter the bad guy, especially with the little Waltman 'fuck you' thrown in. Having said that, the fan in me really, really wanted to hear Nash and Waltman's thoughts on Polaco's involvement. I was always under the impression that he at least associated with The Clique, so I assume they're friends on some level.

3. Hall, to me, really is number one on the list of 'guys I can't believe didn't win a world title' list. It speaks very much to his personal demons that even WCW didn't chance putting the belt on him. Obviously people like DiBiase and Piper are on the list, too, but I'm always less surprised about them because they came from a non-heel friendly era. It just wasn't a thing. Hall, on the other hand, had huge exposure during the 90s in both companies (though, I disagree with the piece where they compared Hall to Hogan and Andre), and was both hugely reviled AND loved throughout his tenure. To top it off, he was a member of the group that effectively ran WWF while he was there. Hall was the total package, but his personal issues really kept him from truly achieving what he was really destined for. My god, a healthy Scott Hall would have rampant over the industry, which literally could have changed the entire course of wrestling in the 90s.

Overall, that was a great piece, though I kept wishing it was longer. However, an hour of that would have been monumentally depressing, so maybe a shorter run time is for the best. I truly hope Hall finds what he needs, but... yeah. It's just a goddamn shame, because we all know how this story ends. We know, his friends know, Hall knows. Truly sad.

I just watched the full thing on youtube and was quite moved by it. Kind of a bummer that his son will likely follow in his footsteps with the problems.

On a better note though, there was a typo in the comments that "Alcohol and rugs can ruin your life" that literally made me laugh for a good two minutes straight. Them rugs man, they can really do you in!

Add me to to the "never knew Hall killed a man" list. That came as a total shocker to me.

From the segement, it looks like he genuinely wants to get clean, and I hope for his sake he finally beats his demons.

WWE legend Scott Hall's emotional reunion with his estranged son at the end of ESPN's documentary about the wrestler was short-lived -- sources tell TMZ, Scott's drug problems have once again forced the two apart.

We're told Cody gave up on his dad due to "constant verbal abuse from Scott while he was binging" -- and he soon moved back home with his mom.

Dana tells us, Cody simply felt it was "too hard seeing his dad in that kind of state." We're told Cody has no current plans to continue wrestling. Scott's rep had no comment.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/20/wrest...n-cody-reunion-espn-documentary/#.TqCclnJ-6cZ

I'm questioning just how much his emotions are legit about being a bad father, wondering what happens after they stop chanting his name, and just how much he was affected by killing a man. If you've ever been around addicts, you know they'll say anything you want to hear about stopping, giving reasons for their behavior, and even promise to get help but 10 minutes later they'd be off getting their next fix, if they could. I feel he's playing the sympathy card to the public, as we're the only ones left to listen to him as his closest friends and family have distanced themselves.

Tragic, yes. But not to himself. To his family and those who genuinely cared about him.

I know it's minor in the overall picture here, but it's kind of depressing that Scott still seems to just wear NWO and Outsiders shirts everywhere. It's clear from what he said that he misses being famous, but damn. Mugshots, sitting at home, going to the hospital...always sporting some sort of NWO clothing.

Top 5 guys who should've been world champion and didn't... (in no order)

Curt Hennig (Injuries slowed him down but holy shit could he ever go. One of my absolute favorites, especially when he was tweener Mr. Perfect around '92.)

Jake Roberts (Super over as a face despite being very dark, good enough in the ring to be convincing as a champion (DDT was sold brilliantly during his time), and his gimmick worked better than any other animal-related one)

Scott Hall (Hugely hated or popular. Good on the mic. Could be helped to great matches as seen by his work against guys like Michaels and Bret. Physically impressive)

Rick Rude (Yeah, he had the WCW Intl Heavyweight Title but to me, that doesn't really count. That was a product of the NWA/WCW split. I do think that barring injury, he would've ultimately held the WCW World Title.)

Owen Hart (His promos come across a little goofy today but I remember absolutely hating Owen during his feud against Bret back when it was actually happening. As far as wrestling goes, he was as good as anyone. His cage match against Bret in 1994 remains my favorite "big blue cage" cagematch of all time.)

About to watch the Scott Hall E:60 deal. Thanks for posting it.

Have to say - Hulk looks a lot younger when he wears the red and yellow stuff instead of TNA's Affliction knockoff wear.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I know it's minor in the overall picture here, but it's kind of depressing that Scott still seems to just wear NWO and Outsiders shirts everywhere. It's clear from what he said that he misses being famous, but damn. Mugshots, sitting at home, going to the hospital...always sporting some sort of NWO clothing.[/QUOTE]
Do you not understand the phrase..."4 life"?

[quote name='KaneRobot']I know it's minor in the overall picture here, but it's kind of depressing that Scott still seems to just wear NWO and Outsiders shirts everywhere. It's clear from what he said that he misses being famous, but damn. Mugshots, sitting at home, going to the hospital...always sporting some sort of NWO clothing.[/QUOTE]

Uh, it makes complete sense though. He's more famous as The Outsider Scott Hall, member of the nWo, member of the Wolfpac, than he ever was as Razor Ramon or the Diamond Studd or any of his other stints. I don't think it's pathetic at all; but it's definitely sad that he's not that recognizable by his face alone.

The two times I have seen Brian Knobbs in public he was sporting Nasty Boys gear so...

Hall still has a pretty nice pad.. atleast he's not living in an RV like Randy The Ram in "The Wrestler". Luckily guys like Raven got out of that when they started having health issues because of the partying. I'm pretty sure Raven did just as much as Razor back in the day.

I bet Hall is in WWE 12 as DLC.. I mean, c'mon. Demolition is in, LOD is in, Kevin Nash is in.. Gotta throw Hall in to complete the tag team. I'll mark hard if he is. He's always been one of my favorite wrestlers.

Show opening with the Sting-Hogan video just exposed how little the world title means. Then Tenay and Taz talked about how brave GARRETT BISCHOFF, THE SON OF ERIC BISCHOFF was at BFG. And then Sting came out to jerk Hogan off on the mic about being the greatest icon ever for seemingly ever. Hogan came out to talk about how great he is, and then he went way overboard with Sting praising him as the true American and giving him all this praise. Ten minutes in and ZERO mention at this point of the show-closing match at BFG for the world title. Sting praised Hogan for praising him, then called out Dixie to cut a promo. GODDAMMIT NO! Dixie talked about NOT MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN and making TNA the biggest wrestling company in the world. Wow. That was terrible, but hilarious. 20 minutes in and she's named Sting as the COO I guess, but NOTHING ABOUT THE WORLD TITLE MATCH. 21 minutes in, Angle came out with the belt and Tenay FINALLY said he'd retained it at the PPV. Canned heat greeted Angle, who talked about HATING LIARS and beating Roode in 30 minutes because he's the better man. I like that he tried to put the match over as seeming epic with the 30 minute mark, but the canned heat killed it. Roode cut a Hell of a promo on him here - easily the best of his career.

Really passionate and good. Sting said Roode would get his rematch because he got screwed, and I think the crowd legit went nuts about this. And then Angle said Roode couldn't get a shot because he screwed his ass with Hulk and Eric's help, and that he was a threat, and he tried to ape Storm's catchphrase, but Storm came out...and they went to another break. Thirty-two minutes into the show and it's just been pure talking. Holy shit - brief moments of goodness have been in here, and I loved Roode's promo, but this is just overkill. Storm cut a great promo, but it took them FORTY MINUTES to set up Storm-Angle. And then it got to the back'd for Hogan and Immortal meeting up backstage. Bischoff seemed overly concerned about Hogan's genitals, which led to Bully Ray jacking off his chain, and then challenged Hogan to...a promo in the middle of the ring. WELL THANK GOD THERE WASN'T JUST 40 MINUTES OF THAT!

45 minutes into the show and we got a match...for the knockouts tag title. And because they're women, their graphics have a breast cancer awareness theme. Okay. And then Tenay said the champs' gear had pink on it for that reason as well. Match was a match - nothing memorable about it beyond Brooke's ass being covered up by annoying graphics all the time and Taz talking about his meetings with Angelina. The King of Mexico and the Queen of Whores came out to talk. THANK THE LORD, I MISSED TALKING ON THE SHOW. Jarrett cut mostly the same promo as the PPV. Then Hardy responded and they brawled again. Ugh. This really just came off like a rehash of what was done at the PPV. Very odd to have Jarrett talk about how Hardy WILL screw up again. Why bring something like that up on your own show? It just opens you up to criticism. The agents came out to separate them, but they were all useless until D'Lo bobbed his head and tried to get shit together, Al Snow opposed him, and then Jarrett low-blowed Hardy and Tenay sternly said that Hardy deserved a match with Jarrett. Why? According to Jarrett, Hardy's likely gonna no-show his matches again. So this set up Jarrett-Hardy and I guess Snow-D'Lo for the European title.

EY and Robbie talked backstage - pretty funny stuff at times. Especially when Robbie called him an Amish hamster. And then Gunner CAME OUT TO TALK! Turns out, he was challenging him to a match tonight. Gunner is still MISTER INTENSITY. Guy's never gonna get over as a big deal with that nickname. Abyss beat him up with punches and stuff, and then won by count out. Well, that sure didn't do anything to make me want to see them have a hardcore match at the PPV. Taz said Abyss has never looked more scary - I don't know, I'd say he was scarier carving people up with a board with nails in it than just punching guys and getting a count out. Velvet cut a promo backstage to tell us she's going to cut a promo in the ring...seriously?! Velvet talked for a few minute before Karen came out and called Traci trash and then spent seemingly eons burying both her and Velvet. Karen teased Madison would come face her, but had Gail jump her instead. Glad to see Gail back in TNA, but this went on way too long. An hour and thirty minutes into the show and there's been two matches, neither has gone more than a few minutes and one had a DQ. THEN Bischoff came out for MORE TALKING. He insulted Hogan, slapped him, then they all surrounded Hogan and backed away when Sting came out with two bats, gave one to Hogan and they left despite having an advantage numbers-wise. Then Garrett, seemingly the company's new biggest babyface star, came out to confront his dad, who told him he was no longer worthy of the Bischoff tattoo on his chest, leading to Garrett slapping Eric and getting put over by Sting, Hogan, and Tenay.

Oh, and Storm was nervous about facing Angle for the world title. That sort of got lost in the shuffle throughout everything else that happened. He was doubting himself, and then Roode cut another fantastic promo to hype him up. THIS ruled, and somehow didn't take 20 minutes to build up a match in an exciting way. I loved that this, unlike the BFG match, actually got the big-time intro. They should've mentioned that this was Storm's first world title match more than once - it was just brought up during his intro in passing. Tenay also brought up that they had a match before on Impact that'd I'd completely forgotten about. Angle beat Storm up in the corner, but was arguing with the ref, got cocky, and got superkicked. Match was nothing, but the post-match RULED. One of the best feel-good moments in a long time. Storm got a massive pop when he won, including one fan jumping up and down like crazy. They did a huge celebration, really as big as it could be without confetti, and in a way it felt bigger because it was genuine. He went in the crowd and celebrated with a fan who had a sign for him, and it reminded me a lot of Terry Funk's ECW title win. It felt like a genuine accomplishment and the emotion showed was real. I love that they had him try to give it to Roode, who wouldn't accept it - he knew that Storm won it. Did he win it because of Roode softening up Kurt? I guess we'll find out.

For now, I really love how they executed this, even though I wish they'd spent more time focusing on a world title main event on the show. Unlike BFG, where everyone felt secondary to Hogan, here, that seemed like it would happen, and didn't, and I think that's largely due to Storm making this seem like THE biggest moment in his career. A lot of it was in the facial expressions and how he teared up at times. That part of things was tremendous, and this made the whole show worth drudging through just to get to this moment. I'm very concerned about the follow-up though. TNA doesn't have a great track record with using Kurt to get new guys over to a huge level - or using any legendary figure to do that, actually. The night of the win is always great, and things usually go to shit. I hope that doesn't happen here because Storm's easily my favorite promo in wrestling now, he's a blast to watch in the ring, and entertaining in any role they give him. They've got a real chance here to make a new main eventer, and they'd better follow through with it, because they're low on acts that fans WANT to have as main eventers that could realistically be pushed in that role.

Screens -

Quotes -
Taz - AT BOUND FOR GLORY, WE FOUND OUT THAT JACKSON JAMES WAS REALLY ERIC BISCHOFF’S SON, GARRETT BISCHOFF!
Tenay - IT TOOK A LOT OF COURAGE FOR GARRETT TO STAND UP TO HIS DAD!
Sting - It feels so good to be in the IMPACT ZONE AGAIN. I had 2 goals - get the company in the hands of Dixie Carter, and goal 2 was for the real Hulk Hogan to come home. THE HULK HOGAN THAT CAPTUER THE HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE FOR 30 YEARS! THE HOGAN THAT TRANSCENDS WRESTLING. THE ONE THAT DEFINES WRESTLING! Hogan was either gonna choose to side with Bischoff, or do the right thing. And not just for me - cuz Immortal was beating my body, but for the wrestlers in the back, and you fans who supported him for 30 years. AND THE TRUE AMERICAN CAME HOME! YEAH BABY!
Taz - When the shirt got ripped off, Hulkamania was running wild!
Hogan - WELL, WHEN YOU’RE RIGHT YOU, RE RIGHT, AND WHEN YOU’RE WRONG, YOU’RE WRONG. AND FOR THE LAST YEAR, I WAS WRONG. But I’ve had some rough years, and I became a follower. Bischoff helped me, and when it came to wrestling, HE WAS MAKING EDGY DECISIONS, but now I realize how wrong Eric was. But it’s not Eric’s fault - it’s mine. I chose to follow instead of leading. BUT NOW THAT I’M THE RED AND YELLOW HULKSTER FROM THE OLD DAYS, THERE’S ONLY ONE PERSON TO THANK FOR THAT - THIS IS THE GUY WHO PUT UP WITH ALL MY CRAP FOR OVER A YEAR! HE’S THE TRUE LEADER IN THIS RING! THIS IS THE GUY THAT WENT WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND - HE TOOK EVERY BULLET AND STAYED TRUE TO THE FANS AND IMPACT WRESTLING. WHEN I WAS AT BFG, IN THAT CORNER, AND SAW WHAT I HAD BECOME, AND SAW IMMORTAL TEAR HIM APART, THE ONLY TRUE AMERICAN ICON, THE STINGER! YES, HE’S THE ONLY TRUE AMERICAN ICON! I SAW WHAT WAS GOING ON, AND THANK GOD I SAW THE LIGHT, BECAUSE WHEN HE SAID PLEASE HELP ME, I SAW THE FANS AT BFG, I SAW WHAT I HAD BECOME AND WHO I WAS HANINGING OUT WITH. THAT’S WHO I USED TO BE, BUT HULK HOGAN IS BACK! Watcha gonna when Hulk Hogan and the Stinger run wild on you!
Sting - Wow, he just said a whole lot of good things about me. You still got it, Hulk. I need to ask Dixie to come out here please. Dixie, this is a night to celebrate. This is a day that the rightful owner gets her company back. But Dixie, it doesn’t erase what happened 18 months ago. I tried to talk to you, show you the light, and tell you the inner-workings of the business because of the chess-players. For what it’s worth, I’m gonna extend my hand of grace out to ya. The company was lost, but we got it back. When I thought I was done with wrestling, you gave me a second chance. YOU GAVE ME A HOME IN TNA! YOU GAVE ME A HOME WITH THIS BRAND, DIXIE! I LOVE THIS PLACE, I LOVE IMPACT WRESTLING AND I WOULDN’T TAKE ANYTHING BACK. From here on forward, you’ll have to surround yourself with people who are sincere and looking out for your best interests. Of the wrestlers, of the fans. You have to do that - there’s no room for error. The same mistake can’t be made again.
Dixie - I have to apologize to you - you were right all along. To you, to all the wrestlers, and to the fans - I wanna say I’m sorry. I PROMISE YOU I WILL NOT MAKE THAT SAME MISTAKE AGAIN! If the last year has taught me anything, it’s made me want to fight and MAKE THIS COMPANY THE MOST SUCCESSFUL WRESTLING COMPANY IN THE WORLD. But to do so, I’ll have to spend more time at HQ and focus on my role as President. I need you to step in and help me run the day to day wrestling operations. If you would please, I know you’ve gone to bat for me, you’ve never stopped fighting for me or the company. ARE YA WILLING TO DO IT!?
Sting - Yes.
Dixie - THANK YOU!
Angle - Not only do we have 1 superhero in the ring, we have 2 - the icon Sting who battled the bad boys and won the company for Dixie, and then we have Dixie - THE WOMAN WHO LIED TO ME, MADE ME LOOK LIKE A JACKASS, AND IS THE SOLE REASON I JOINED IMMORTAL. HERE WE ARE, ONE HAPPY FAMILY. Or was this spot supposed to be for Robert Roode? I know you think you had a great PPV with Sting winning, but…I’m gonna do what I do best - REPRESENT THIS COMPANY AS THE WORLD CHAMPION. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. I AM YOUR CHAMPION! BUT ALL YA BEEN TALKING ABOUT IS BOBBY ROODE! NOW YOU EVEN INTERVIED HIS FAMILY, AND YOU MADE HIM LOOK LIKE A HERO? KNOW WHAT I DID TO ROODE IN JUST 30 MINUTES? I MADE HIM LOOK LIKE A LOSER. BECAUSE I’M THE MORE DOMINANT WRESTLER, I’M THE GREATEST WRESTLER, AND THE BETTER MAN!
Roode - You’re gonna take that victory? YOU’RE PATHETIC! YOU, KURT ANGLE - AN OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST, HAD TO BEAT ME, NO, HAD TO SCREW ME BY HOLDING THE ROPES AND RETAINING THE TITLE! FOR 13 YEARS OF MY LIFE, THE LAST 13, I’VE GIVEN EVERYTHING FOR THAT MOMENT. ALL MY GOALS WERE ROLLED INTO ONE NIGHT, AND YOU SON OF A BITCH, YOU SCREWED ME! AS A MATTER OF FACT, WHAT YOU DDIA T BFG WAS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT! And ya know what!? Maybe I can’t do anything about it now…
Sting - Here’s what I’m gonna do - tonight, in this ring, for that world title - YOU KURT ANGLE AND YOU BOBBY ROODE GET IT ON TONIGHT FOR THE WORLD TITLE!
Angle - Rematch? REALLY STING? REALLY DIXIE!? Roode, when you and I signed the contract for BFG, I had Hogan and Eric put a stip in it - HOLD ON A SEC - it said that you can only wrestle me ONCE! YA KNOW WHY? CUZ YOU’RE A THREAT! I SCREWED YOUR ASS! What’s that saying your partner says?
Storm - SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK! Howdy, my name’s James Storm. In that contract, does it say your world champion wrestling ass can’t face uh…me!? At BFG, you screwed the fans, Impact Wrestling, and Bobby Roode outa that world title right there. And with all that screwing you been doing, you been a busy man. But when you screwed Bobby Roode, you screwed the Cowboy, so we gotta problem now Kurt. But I know a man at this little aprty that can fix it. Now Sting, seeing that we both wear sunglasses indoors and that Bobby Roode can’t get a rematch, AND I’M PRETTY SURE THE PEOPLE IN THE IMPACT ZONE WANNA SEE A WORLD TITLE MATCH TONIGHT…
Angle - Storm, YOU NEED TO STOP DRINKING ON THE JOB! There are 10 guys in front of you!
Sting - Hold on a sec - I think I’m starting to like this new position of mine…
Angle - HE’S NOT THE NUMBER 1 CONTENDER!
Sting - SHUT UP! TONIGHT, YOU’RE GONNA FACE JAMES STORM TONIGHT FOR THE WORLD TITLE! SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED, DONE!
Roode - I remember what my partner says - SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK!
Tenay - THE NEW IMPACT WRESTLING AUTHORITY FIGURE, STING!
Bischoff - Hulk, you got any balls left? You gave ’em to Dixie, and gave one to Sting! If you’ve got any manhood left, meet me in the ring one on one, Hulkster. You up for that? Let’s go guys. LET’S SEE IF HE’S GOT ANY BALLS LEFT! See ya Hulky!
Tenay - THE CHAMPS HAVE THEIR HOT PINK GEAR ON FOR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH!
Taz - Angelina’s got a mean streak, and we have meetings…
Tenay -Y OU DO!?
Taz - Yeah, and she told me it’s due to her inner rage.
Taz - Tara figures that since Brooke’s shirt was used against her, what’s good for the knockout goose is good for the knockout gander or something like that.
Taz - Jeff’s got the Mexican title.
Tenay - I think he calls it the Immortal title.
Taz - Mexican, Immortal - sounds the same.
Jarrett - JEFFREY NERO HARDY, GET OUT HERE! Just look at you - now that Dixie’s been conned, you think you’ll walk right back into your main event slot? YOU LISTENING TO ME BOY! NERO, HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT THE FOUNDER BROUGHT YOU INTO THE ORGANIZATION AND I WAS THE FIRST ONE YOU SCREWED BY NO-SHOWING AN EVENT! YOU NO SHOWED VICTORY ROAD - IT WASN’T HIS FIRST OFFENSE AND DAMN SURE WON’T BE HIS LAST! We may have a house divided - some want ya here, some don’t - I WANT YOU TO HAVE NO PART OF THIS ORGANIZATIO!N! I’ll give you a choice - drop the mic and leave and never be seen here again, or you can suffer the consequences at the hands of THE FOUNDER!
Hardy - You don’t want me here, BUT THESE PEOPLE. WANT ME HERE! It’s obvious that you’re the only one still bitching! It’s not cuz of the mistakes I’ve made - it’s because the fans love me. It eats you up! Face it, Jeff - you can’t face the fact that you’ll never have what I have with these people. YOU’LL NEVER LIGHT UP A CROWD LIKE THE CHARISMATIC ENIGMA!
Angle - STING AND JAMES STORM WANNA PUT ME ON THE SPOT? I’LL WHOOP JAMES STORM’S ASS TONIGHT, AND DO IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN! NO ONE PUTS ONE OVER ON KURT ANGLE - NOBODY!
Robbie - DO I LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT!?
Rob - No.
Robbie - Dude, I said it’s YES MY DUDE, NO MY DUDE!
EY - I’ve got BIG HOLLYWOOD FRIENDS!
Robbie - LIKE WHO!?
EY - RONNIE FROM THE JERSEY SHORE!
Robbie - WHY WOULD RONNIE FROM THE JERSEY SHORE HANG OUT WITH AN AMISH HAMSTER LIKE YOU! YOU’RE FROM AMISH LAND!
Tenay - Immortal’s MISTER INTENSITY heads to the ring.
Gunner - Abyss, WE HAD TO TAKE OUT THE TRASH! WHEN YOU JOIN IMMORTAL, YOU GOTTA PROVE TO THE REST OF ‘EM THAT YOU BELONG AT THE TOP. SO I VOLUNTEERED MYSELF AND SAID HEY, I CAN DO THIS! I CAN FINISH THE JOB I STARTED LAST WEEK! ABYSS, GET DOWN HERE AND FACE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!
Tenay - MISTER INTENSITY IS BAILING!
Velvet - The fans have been behind me 155 thousand percent. I have the fans to thank for this, and I’m gonna go thank them now.
Flair - WE GOT STEINER, WE GOT THE MADMAN!
Gunner - THAT’S NOT ABYSS - THAT’S THE MONSTER! With Hulk not on ur side, we may need someone like him!
Flair - WE’RE IMMORTAL - GET A GRIP!
Velvet - After ten LONG, HARD YEARS - I made it! VELVET SKY IS BOUND FOR GLORY!
Taz - It’s time for the knockouts champ to LET THE PIGEONS LOOSE!
Tenay -T they’re fluttering.
Taz - Velvet and I talked earlier about how hard she’s worked.
Tenay - DO YOU TALK TO ANYONE BUT THE KNOCKOUTS!?
Velvet - I just wanna say it feels so good to say that I’M THE NEW TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPION! This has been such a journey. Every bump, every bruise, IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT! THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO TRIED TO SHUT ME DOWN AND MAKE ME FEEL WEAK! IT MIGHT’VE TAKEN ME 4 YEARS TO ACHIEVE THIS DREAM, BUT I DID IT. I DID IT WITH THE SUPPORT OF ALL THE FANS! You fans have been great to me - I couldn’t have done this…(Karen comes out)
Karen - I’M THE VP OF THE KNOCKOUTS, AND I HAVE THE POWER TO FIRE BOTH OF YOU! SHUT YOUR MOUTH! WHEN I’M TALKING, YOU LISTEN TO ME! BUT YA KNOW WHAT GIRLS, SHUT UP, YOU SHUT UP! STAND THERE IN SILENCE AND LISTEN TO ME. IF I FIRED YOU, THAT’D BE TOO EASY! HOW ENTERTAINING WOULD THAT BE!? YOU WANNA CRY OVER THAT TITLE? I’M A MOTHER - YOU DON’T SEE ME CRYING OVER CRAP! Traci, you think you’ve had it bad? YOU HAVEN’T SEEN ANYTHING YET! SHUT UP! I AM ABOUT TO MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL! SHUT UP! YOU THINK YOU BOTH HAVE SEEN THE MEAN SIDE OF KAREN JARRETT? YOU HAVEN’T SEEN ANYTHING YET! SECURITY, GET THIS PIECE OF TRASH OUT OF MY RING! OUT OF MY RING! GET THE TRASH OUT OF HERE! TRACI, THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF HELL FOR YOU - GET USED TO IT. Now, SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Velvet - you will respect me! I DON’T KNOW WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE, OR WHO YOU THINK YOU’RE SCREWING WITH LITTLE LADY! Monday morning I woke up and said I’M STRIPPING THAT BITCH OF THAT TITLE, AND HE SAID HONEY, HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE!? Of course you’d whine and cry LIKE THE BITCH YOU ARE! BUT WHERE WOULD THE PAIN BE!? WHERE WOULD THE SCARS BE!? WHERE WOULD THE BLOOD BE!? I WANT YOU TO BE PUT IN YOUR PLACE!? I know just the person to do it! Before what happens is about to happen - I’ll give you one piece of advice. Keep eyes in the back of your head! GET READY BITCH!
Tenay - GARRETT BISCHOFF WASN’T INTIMIDATED BY HIS FATHER AT BFG!
Bischoff - Ya know what - I’m gonna take care of that punk-ass kid of mine on my own time and I my own way. HULK, I TOLD YOU IF YOU HAD ANY BALLS TO COME IN THIS RING! SHOW US WHAT YA GOT! (Hogan comes out)
Hogan - You got something to say, Bischoff, you got one chance to spit it out right now.
Bischoff - I HOPED YOU PACKED A LUNCH! HOW THE HELL CAN YOU EXPLAIN TURNING YOUR BACK ON THE GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN PROTECTING YOUR ASS FOR 18 MONTHS!? HOW DARE YOU TURN ON IMMORTAL!? AND IF THAT WASN’T BAD ENOUGH, YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON ME - THE GUY THAT MADE HULK HOGAN. FORGET ABOUT ANDRE, HULKAMANIA IN THE ‘80S - I’M THE MAN SOLEY RESPONSIBLE FOR WHO YOU ARE TODAY. IF IT WASN’T FOR ME, YOU WOULDN’T BE HERE. THAT’S A FACT, JACK! But the worst offense you could’ve committed was getting between ME AND MY SON. HOW DARE YOU GET BETWEEN A FATHER AND A SON! I HAD HIM WHERE WE WANTED HIM - I HAD HIM BECOMING ME - DOING WHATEVER IT TOOK TO GET THE JOB DONE! AND INSTEAD OF THAT, HE TURNED HIS BACK ON ME! HOW DARE YOU!
Hogan - YOU KNOW SOMETHING BROTHER! IN THE LAST COUPLE DAYS, I’VE LEARNED A LOT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR SON GARRETT BISCHOFF AND WHAT I FOUND OUT BROTHER IS THAT GARRETT IS ONE HELL OF A MAN! A MAN THAT YOU COULD NEVER BE!
Bischoff - What have you got to say to me?
Garrett - You’re a disgrace!
Bischoff - JUST BACK UP! I DON’T EVER WANNA SEE YOU GET IN MY FACE AGAIN! SEE THAT TATTOO!? YOU NO LONGER HAVE THE RIGHT TO WEAR THAT NAME! YOU’RE NOT A BISCHOFF!
Garrett - SCREW YOU!
Storm - I wish I had more time to prepare…
Roode - YOU’VE BEEN PREPARING FOR THIS YOUR WHOLE CAREER! YOU FELT MY PAIN WITH ME ON SUNDAY, AND TONIGHT, I WANNA SHARE IN YOUR EXCITEMENT! YOU’RE THE NEXT WORLD CHAMPION! DO IT!
Taz - TNA WORLD TITLE TO BE DEFENDED RIGHT NOW!
Tenay - THIS IS JAMES STORM’S FIRST-EVER OPPORTUNITY TO WRESTLE FOR THE WORLD TITLE!
Tenay - Angle retained in controversial fashion - HE HAD HIS HANDS ON THE ROPE, and Roode BROKE THE PLANE OF THE ROPE!
Taz - JAMES STORM IS THE NEW WORLD CHAMP!? HOLY CRAP!
Taz - MIKE, YOU’VE CALLED EVERY ONE OF HIS MATCHES!
Tenay - NINE AND A HALF YEARS, AND HE’S NOW WORLD CHAMPION!
Storm - I’ve been with the company since day one - I’ve seen people come and go, BUT ONE THING’S FOR SURE - THE COWBOY’S HERE TO STAY YOU SON OF A BITCHES! Even though, that victory was a little bittersweet. Bobby Roode, you’re my best friend in the world - we’re the best tag team in the world. And this belongs to you.
Roode - This looks real nice, but I agree with the people - YOU DESERVE IT!

It's fucking stupid to begin with, but I'll never get over how just poorly done it is. I mean, you'd think when you make your living in a business where you don't wear a shirt that you'd, I don't know, make sure the guy doing your massive chest tattoo can DRAW A KNIFE.

That aside, I don't like the fact that it's in the game. To me, that tattoo signifies that he's 'Brock Lesnar, UFC champion', not 'Brock Lesnar, WWE champion and screwer-upper of moonsaults'. I get that it's marketing thing and likely a contract stipulation, but him having his current look implies a special crossover promotion, not a legend character. And, really, for a game that doesn't include Savage or an officially announced HBK, that doesn't sit too well with me. It's splitting hairs, but really... I want WWE guys, not MMA guys.

... and then I realize I'm bitching about a game that includes a playable Michael Cole. Sigh. Never mind.

Demolition is in.

All is forgiven.

fuck, it could be Demolition, the Ricky Fighters and the Strong Bads as the entire roster and I'd still be in day one.

Kudos to those who get the reference, and it ain't Homestar Runner I'm speaking of.

[quote name='Spyder187']Im sorry, but that goddam tattoo looks like someone took him into CaC and drew a cock on his abdomen....[/QUOTE]

Do we have a new strongpimphand?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Do we have a new strongpimphand?[/QUOTE]

Not hardly. Im only commenting on how shitty of a job they did with that "knife" that the "artists" at THQ/Yukes did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back