The "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig Memorial / Tribute Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed.
looks like the ref did right away, but then jumped back in the ring to sell the count out or whatever.

I'm more in the botch squad on this one. It looks like Ion thought he was under-rotating (not that you can easily do frame by frame in YT but it looks like he looked "up" to spot his landing) so I he tucked to speed up but then over-rotated thus kneeing Sorensen in the head instead of making catchable contact.
Short version of that, he either really misjudged the jump or Sorensen moved after Ion did his calculations or whatever you want to call it.

According to LordsOfPain, Jesse Sorensen suffered a broken C1 (cervical) vertebrae last night. The C1 sits at the very top of the skull and is what connects the skull to the spine. Referred to as a "Jefferson's Fracture", the injury is usually treated non-surgically and without a Halo collar.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']They had the video removed.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they felt quite envious that more people here watched it on YouTube than they had actual PPV buys.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/pHgWC4iJDCo

9:33 for the moonsault. Ref seemed to want to give the X signal right after he checked but then counted out, which seems stupid. Stop the match at that point. He was moving his legs and arms as others pointed out after the countout so that might not have helped matters.

TNA President Dixie Carter has provided this update on Jesse Sorensen.

"Jesse Sorensen has sustained a C1 vertebrae fracture with spinal cord edema. He is slowly regaining feeling and movement in his arms and legs. He wants to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Once we speak to the neurosurgeon, we will pass on more details."

If the vertebrae fragmented into the spinal cord and did some damage, that would be of the biggest concern and be the cause of the loss of feeling and/or movement.

Found his twitter and facebook, left a note on each. https://twitter.com/#!/TNASorensen and http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jesse-Sorensen/135099696581760

Last edited by a moderator:
The Swellers (twitter.com/theswellers) are live-tweeting Raw with pictures tonight from San Diego; they put a request out for tickets this morning and CM Punk hooked them up with seats ringside on the entrance way.

Got an interesting ad in the mail for the church by my house.

mero.jpg

I love how it mentions his "encounter" with Jesus. Makes it sound like he ran into the guy in an alley while trying to score some crack. Or maybe a pokemon battle.

[quote name='mitch079']http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/pHgWC4iJDCo

9:33 for the moonsault. Ref seemed to want to give the X signal right after he checked but then counted out, which seems stupid. Stop the match at that point. He was moving his legs and arms as others pointed out after the countout so that might not have helped matters.[/QUOTE]

I thought that at first but after watching it again he was just wiping off his forehead. He did the same motion after checking on Sorenson the second time.

One thing I just realized: WWF/E has actually had a running storyline for more than two decades(Undertaker's 'streak' at WM).

Yet they can't seem to keep a basic storyline going for longer than two weeks anymore without hitting the panic button when the already bored crowds seem even more apathetic towards anything new being presented to them.

[quote name='mykevermin']What entrance music does Jesus use when he interrupts a Marc Mero promo?[/QUOTE]
"You lookin' at the X-Factor..."

[quote name='JJSP']"You lookin' at the X-Factor..."[/QUOTE]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still wonder, in hindsight, if X-Pac heat was go-home heat or good wrestling heat. Personally, I loved how much the crowds fucking *despised* him.

I'm sure it wasn't the plan from the beginning, but at what point do you guys think WWE said, "Hey, Taker hasn't lost at Wrestlemania. Let's make that his thing"? 4, 5, 6 wins in? Or even later than that?

They should have invited Austin instead so he could walk down the aisle to pulpit with Jesus Christ Superstar blaring over the church speakers.

[quote name='mykevermin']What entrance music does Jesus use when he interrupts a Marc Mero promo?[/QUOTE]

I figure Jesus would just the remix of "Jesus Christ Superstar" that "Superstar" Billy Graham used whn he managed Don "The Rock" Muraco at Wrestlemania IV :)

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm sure it wasn't the plan from the beginning, but at what point do you guys think WWE said, "Hey, Taker hasn't lost at Wrestlemania. Let's make that his thing"? 4, 5, 6 wins in? Or even later than that?[/QUOTE]

Around 5 or 6. It was definitely mentioned for the HIAC match with Bossman, but I seem to recall it going back to WM13 against Sid.

What's weird is the streak probably wouldn't have gotten off the ground if they stuck with the original Hogan vs Flair main event for WM8. If they kept that match, they likely would have had Sid stay a face, Taker stay a heel, and Sid beat him at WM.

[quote name='mykevermin']BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still wonder, in hindsight, if X-Pac heat was go-home heat or good wrestling heat. Personally, I loved how much the crowds fucking *despised* him.[/QUOTE]
You dare boo Jesus? This must be a Philly show.

Good crowd tonight. Almost felt bad they didn't get a real Undertaker appearance after hearing the reaction his music got.

Was waiting until tonight's show was over before I said this in case they changed their mind, but looks to me like Ernest Miller actually lasted longer than Brodus Clay. What the hell?

[quote name='ced']Philly would boo Jesus walking on water and start chanting "Same old shit."[/QUOTE]

*lazarus rises from the dead, then dies again*

"YOU fuckED UP! YOU fuckED UP! YOU fuckED UP!"

[quote name='mykevermin']*lazarus rises from the dead, then dies again*

"YOU fuckED UP! YOU fuckED UP! YOU fuckED UP!"[/QUOTE]

*Ahithophel re-enacts his last moments*

This is Awesome! This is Awesome! This is Awesome!

[quote name='ced']Philly would boo Jesus walking on water and start chanting "Same old shit."[/QUOTE]

All he would have to do is turn water into beer to win them over.

Seriously, did I just see them devote 3 segments on the go-home show as the PPV to sell people on buying WrestleMania featuring the unlikeable Jock Douche accidentally stealing his nerdy buddy's dream girl?

If I didn't know better, I'd swear Cena was the best written heel in the company. The close of the show was, as a drawing babyface --- suicide. As a heel, it was AMAZING. I mean, all it was missing was Cena and Eve making out while they cart Zack's carcass away.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']
Seriously, did I just see them devote 3 segments on the go-home show as the PPV to sell people on buying WrestleMania featuring the unlikeable Jock Douche accidentally stealing his nerdy buddy's dream girl?

If I didn't know better, I'd swear Cena was the best written heel in the company. The close of the show was, as a drawing babyface --- suicide. As a heel, it was AMAZING. I mean, all it was missing was Cena and Eve making out while they cart Zack's carcass away.
[/QUOTE]

All signs would point to them making Ryder the #1 face in the company putting him in this spot but there's no way they do this.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm sure it wasn't the plan from the beginning, but at what point do you guys think WWE said, "Hey, Taker hasn't lost at Wrestlemania. Let's make that his thing"? 4, 5, 6 wins in? Or even later than that?[/QUOTE]

Let's see... Taker selldom lost in the first place and it wasn't until 1997 that WWE's tv changed to where he might have to regularly lose matches. My memory is generally good on these things, but please feel free to correct me. It was so bad that it was a BFD when Mankind pinned Undertaker at King of the Ring 1996. At that point for roughly 3-4 years pretty much every new heel paired with the Undertaker lost and lost badly.

Taker at that point had the streak, but I can't recall them ever mentioning it.

If I remember correctly, everyone EXPECTED Kane to win over Taker at Mania 14, which surprisingly didn't happen. 15 it was a complete throwaway match which he had no business losing in the first place (Boss Man). 16 he missed due to injury. It was mentioned a little in the build at 17 and it was another time where he might have actually lost. HHH had just beaten Austin at No Way Out and was poised to be a solid heel for the rest of the year --- then WCW and an injury happened, so in hindsight it worked.

By 18, it was pretty much something they recognized. In most circumstances, there was no reason Flair shouldn't have gotten his revenge at Mania.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitch079']All signs would point to them making Ryder the #1 face in the company putting him in this spot but there's no way they do this.[/QUOTE]

Didn't say they would. If you watch it as presented, there is no way you can make it through without bursting out laughing (like the end of FFXIII-2). If you take it as a heel schtick, it works. Otherwise, they just used an episode of Saved By The Bell to sell you a fight.

Really.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Didn't say they would. If you watch it as presented, there is no way you can make it through without bursting out laughing (like the end of FFXIII-2). If you take it as a heel schtick, it works. Otherwise, they just used an episode of Saved By The Bell to sell you a fight.

Really.[/QUOTE]

Eve = Kelly
Slater= Cena
Ryder = Zach
Jerry Lawler = Mr. Belding
Cole = Screech
and Kane is that weird creepy magician guy at the Max for 1 season or so.

Foley and Joey Styles really working the Ryder bump on twitter.

Mick Foley @realMickFoley
Wow, sincerely hope @ZackRyder is going to be ok. - that looked like a nasty landing. Ankles, knees, spine all looked to be in jeopardy.

Joey Styles @JoeyStyles
That was one the worst falls I have ever seen and that includes Original ECW. Can someone in San Diego get us an update on @ZackRyder? #Raw

Joey Styles @JoeyStyles
@RealMickFoley, any thoughts on what just happened to @ZackRyder? I haven't screamed OH MY GOD! like that since you flew off Hell in a Cell

Mick Foley @realMickFoley
Yeah, @Joeystyles I'm legit concerned for @zackryder. There's just way too much risk there. That fall off the ramp might not be something you can get through with fortitude and ice packs. Zack has such a bright future; I hate to see his knees, ankles and spine at such risk. That's the type of thing that could cost him weeks or months at the most vital time of his career

Jesus never put over Evolution, by the way, Scorch.

;)

I turned Raw off before the Ryder bump, apparently. Him being beaten up while 'injured' is as boring as the old "Time White's trying to kill himself" sketches were.

[quote name='mitch079']Eve = Kelly
Slater= Cena
Ryder = Zach
Jerry Lawler = Mr. Belding
Cole = Screech
and Kane is that weird creepy magician guy at the Max for 1 season or so.[/QUOTE]

It's more like that episode with Lisa's fashion show where Lisa kisses Zack and Screech sees it and gets pissed.

2f729379.jpg

Not trying to jack Jay's gimmick of screen capping, but this is tonight's Raw with a "Catch Thunder Live Thursday On The Superstation" sign.

[quote name='JJSP']
Not trying to jack Jay's gimmick of screen capping, but this is tonight's Raw with a "Catch Thunder Live Thursday On The Superstation" sign.[/QUOTE]

Were those the same guys with the Tony Schiavone sign?

Now that I've finally stopped laughing from Zack Ryder being pushed off the stage, andy chance of a GIF so I can laugh for another 10 hours?

:lol: I swear WWE camera guys have some sort of spidey sense when it comes to shots of funny kids.

Watching that also made me realize something, Cena looks like Bear Grylls if he were an idiot. If instead of being a trained badass he was just some bro in long shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back