The Munchables (Wii) $10.96 w/fs

eh, something is wrong w/ your wal-mart link OP, but you can still find it by searching by the title. game does look interesting, may bite..

it is a decent game, the graphics and story seem childish, but the gameplay, of growing/absorbing to progress through levels, is well done. Not as great as katamari, but it holds its own.

Got this from Goozex a while back, and even my husband liked it. I like the Katamari-ish gameplay, even if the storyline is ridiculously cutesy. Great price on this one.

So it's not a minigame, right? Deos it use normal controls?

Weird I've never heard of it and it's by Namco (although maybe I saw it in Game Informer and thought it looked bad?)

It wasn't exactly well-marketed.

It uses Nunchuk for movement, and buttons to do standard stuff on the Wiimote; I forget if you had to shake to do anything, though.

Pretty fun game; very underappreciated.

[quote name='EXStrike']It wasn't exactly well-marketed.

It uses Nunchuk for movement, and buttons to do standard stuff on the Wiimote; I forget if you had to shake to do anything, though.

Pretty fun game; very underappreciated.[/QUOTE]

Cool, that sounds fine. Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Just ordered. Hopefully I'll like it okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is fun except for the levels where it seems to be running at 10 fps, which if memory serves me are the boss levels and the underwater levels.

This is a pretty good game albeit is kind of short. If you like Katamari and only have a Wii, this is a good bet for you. The two player mode on this is pretty funky too as one person controls where you are going and the other controls what you eat. All in all, it is a fun game and an awesome deal at the price.

[quote name='Megafrog']This is a pretty good game albeit is kind of short. If you like Katamari and only have a Wii, this is a good bet for you. The two player mode on this is pretty funky too as one person controls where you are going and the other controls what you eat. All in all, it is a fun game and an awesome deal at the price.[/QUOTE]

pretty funky as in cool? or as in bad? I didn't look into MP, but that sounds extremely fun and easy that maybe my 4 year old could play it with me.

I did in fact see this on the shelf yesterday and it was $20, way glad I ordered it from .com, thanks again OP!!

I got it in the mail a day or two ago, and just started it after finishing Riddick. It's the PERFECT game to start after Riddick. That was good, but dang it was unrelentingly dark.

This is like the exact opposite, but likewise, it's a good game! In fact it's the best game outside Katamari I've played from Namco in years, so far (I'm at the end of the second World).

I think anyone who enjoys Katamari will probably enjoy this too. It's not identical at all, but it has you eating stuff to get bigger to eat other stuff. I'm sort of foggy on when exactly you get bigger, since I sometimes get bigger without having gone up a level.

But at any rate, it's pleasant and fun.

It even supports the Classic Controller! That's how I'm playing it.

Got this game a day or two ago and it's my biggest surprise purchase in years. I expected so little and ended up getting so much enjoyment out of it. Every bit of the presentation is corny and cutesy, and completely charming. The gameplay is simple and fun, yet still a bit challenging (I get hit every now and again and even died once).

On the first or second zone, I ate a house and the onion guru guy lost his shit. "Hey, that's my house!" I almost crapped myself laughing. Whatta game.

Yeah, to me it's so weird this couldn't have been pushed last year when so many bad games were. I mean maybe I'll get stuck and end up hating it, but world 3 so far and still having a lot of fun!

Man, SUCH a palate cleanser after Riddick. I'm all up for as cute and cheesy as possible :D

I meant to reply in this thread, too. I ordered it, played it over the weekend. It is completely charming, goofy, and still manages to be fun. Totally worth the $11 and then some.

Oh, and you get bigger whenever you fill up your stomach gauge.

It's weird -- I also got Prey the Stars from goHastings this weekend, and both games feature cute characters, insane amounts of eating, and stomach gauges.

One thing I'm amazed with so far is the level design. Finished 6 levels so far (plus 2 bosses), and there's a surprisingly amount of variety, and all of it has worked so far. Really well crafted. Feels like the type of gem you'd hope to run across when you randomly rented games back on the NES, if you know what I mean. Never heard of it, happen to rent it, and it ends up really fun.

Maybe it can't sell anymore to a wide audience, I don't know, but it's such a fun game. Liked it better than anything I played on the Wii last year (though haven't played New Super Mario Bros. , and excpet to like it better still)

I just got past the point where you meet the first boss, and I'm utterly charmed. Such a nice, fun, and - dare I say - cute little game.

Very relaxing and enjoyable.

A real hidden gem.

Edit: The game is out of stock online, but it was also out of stock the first time I saw this thread. Within a few days, they had restocked. So, keep checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LittLeLives']Damn you guys really know how to sell games. You guys should be getting paid.
I'll have to keep my eye out when this comes back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, CAG has cost me a good amount over the last few years. That, and my own lack of self-control.

I must say, though, I've toned back on my spending majorly the last year. But it sure helps you find gems for cheap. Rhythm Heaven DS for $5 from Amazon? Yes, please.

This just came back in stock, so I shipped one to my local store.

I have really high expectations for this game from all the user praise it's gotten.

argh. Slow on the draw here. It is sold out at Walmart. I am number 6 in line at Goozex. It is going for 14 at Amazon. I may bite.

[quote name='2000man']argh. Slow on the draw here. It is sold out at Walmart. I am number 6 in line at Goozex. It is going for 14 at Amazon. I may bite.[/QUOTE]

I got mine from this eBay seller (12$ new). I also bought Bangai-O Spirits (10$ new). These are Buy It Now auctions, no bidding BS.

Disclaimer: I am not that seller!! Nor do I work for him!!! Just your average CAG member. He does have good prices and great service.

They are in stock. I did site to store, but forgot to do bing cash back. THANKS. I have been looking for a new game to play with my daughter.

bread's done
Back