The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

I'm shell shocked, I just won a glacier white PS4 in the stream, I never win things.

If you missed it, Vikings looks like an awesome game!

..Did I really just win something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats man. I saw most of the strea, but I had to step out towards the end. Glad someone from here won! Did they ask a question, and have you whisper the answer to them?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

96d8735eb823944d27fd20d4859a69a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

96d8735eb823944d27fd20d4859a69a0.jpg

I'm really sick of giveaways. I'd rather just have the little bit of codes they have on the catalog. At the very least, do the giveaways on your own site. I don't use social media, nor do I ever want to. So this is a pretty shitty thing.

That said, good luck to all who enter.

I mean, to be fair it's only "shitty" because you're not signed up for social media. That is not a fault of On PlayStation. They may only have 25 copies of the game to give out, and people would have complained if they only put up 25 copies on the catalog. There's no winning for the On PlayStation employees sometimes.

This is a service that is supposed to aid us in selling the games. It is not meant to reward us for selling their games. We are supposed to learn from these games and be grateful when they do actually load something on there.

Not taking anything out on you in the least, it just befuddles me when I see a lot of people complaining about a service that is beyond dope.

I Always want to say if people want to complain about Playstation RLS or Playstation On or whatever the hell the correct term is, just go look at Microsoft's Expertzone and how little they update and how long it takes them to get things at a price anywhere comparable to Sony's.

I Always want to say if people want to complain about Playstation RLS or Playstation On or whatever the hell the correct term is, just go look at Microsoft's Expertzone and how little they update and how long it takes them to get things at a price anywhere comparable to Sony's.
I agree. The last thing they updates on the store was probably Tomb Raider which nearly came out a year ago...

A good point that I do think could be made is that recently we are getting more contest which give us the chance to win something along the lines of 10 copies total or however many that they give versus something that is a little bit more accessible to people like 1500 copies of a game. I'm not knocking the site or the people working on it butt it is a little rough wedding you're not seeing the benefits like you used to.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Agreed, it is rough for me too when games I want don't show up on the catalog. It doesn't happen here OFTEN, but I see complete and utter vitriol on Twitter aimed at these guys who run the On PlayStation account. I just try to remember that this service has helped me save hundreds upon hundreds of dollars so if I have to fork over $60 for a new video game that doesn't show up on the account, I don't get that bummed.

Yeah, I just think people get upset because they were used to the old way they did things and get frustrated when they see contest go up for games they would rather have a chance of actually just buying. Anyway, both the Sony site and Geico have saved me hundreds of dollars. Haha.

Agreed, it is rough for me too when games I want don't show up on the catalog. It doesn't happen here OFTEN, but I see complete and utter vitriol on Twitter aimed at these guys who run the On PlayStation account. I just try to remember that this service has helped me save hundreds upon hundreds of dollars so if I have to fork over $60 for a new video game that doesn't show up on the account, I don't get that bummed.
I Always find it weird that some people who work retail and know how much it sucks getting complained to about something beyond their control (hello Black Friday!) have no problem being total dicks to the people who run the On Playstation account. Since even going to grocery stores it's become force of habit where if I see something like ice cream put somewhere other than the freezer, I go out of the way to put it back because of reshop being engraved into my brain.

Also I feel I can NEVER complain because I got a goddamn PS3 for $2 after buying one months prior for $100 from Target. Same with those cheap PS4's.

I Always find it weird that some people who work retail and know how much it sucks getting complained to about something beyond their control (hello Black Friday!) have no problem being total dicks to the people who run the On Playstation account. Since even going to grocery stores it's become force of habit where if I see something like ice cream put somewhere other than the freezer, I go out of the way to put it back because of reshop being engraved into my brain.

Also I feel I can NEVER complain because I got a goddamn PS3 for $2 after buying one months prior for $100 from Target. Same with those cheap PS4's.
As much as I want to I never put cold items I see abandoned back in the fridge/freezers. No idea how long they have been out there and I rather not out something in that may have spoiled for someone else to buy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

As much as I want to I never put cold items I see abandoned back in the fridge/freezers. No idea how long they have been out there and I rather not out something in that may have spoiled for someone else to buy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I Just can't help it, kinda like how mama bird's won't take back their chicks after they've been touched by a human.

Yes, I just compared melting ice cream to baby birds.

I Just can't help it, kinda like how mama bird's won't take back their chicks after they've been touched by a human.

Yes, I just compared melting ice cream to baby birds.
That's actually a misnomer. Not true :)

So quick question, but is there any kinda warranty for the refurbished PS4 Playstation On console's? My black DS4 is not working at all. Like not charging, turning on, anything.

Congrats to the winners of the Destiny giveaway. I didn't win, but hey I'm happy with everything Somy does for us. Awesome company and reward site!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats to the winners of the Destiny giveaway. I didn't win, but hey I'm happy with everything Somy does for us. Awesome company and reward site!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'll add my congratulations as well! Destiny isn't my thing so I didn't enter but for those that did, awesome!

Winners of the PSX tickets have been emailed (nil on my end). New contest up for COD Infinite Warfare. I replied back to them asking if there was a chance of this going up on the catalog. Really hoping there is.

Damn, does this mean that Infinite Warfare may not make it to the rewards catalog? Meaning no possibility of it being the version with Modern Warfare so I can't fill 1/5 of my hard drive with Call of Duty and curse I have no space?!? So many mixed feelings!

Damn, does this mean that Infinite Warfare may not make it to the rewards catalog? Meaning no possibility of it being the version with Modern Warfare so I can't fill 1/5 of my hard drive with Call of Duty and curse I have no space?!? So many mixed feelings!
I believe so. It'll probably go the same route as Overwatch, Doom, and Destiny Complete Edition. If I won, I would play Modern Warfare all day. That was my favorite Call of Duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be pretty bummed about it not being in the catalog. I mean they only have around 4k followers, so how are all of these contests fair to the other people on the site?

They responded to my tweet about it showing up in the catalog with, "Always a chance. :)".

I'll take that as a good chance, not cute girl saying there's a chance she'd go out with you but not really and she's really a jerk and teasing you. Not that last one at all.

They responded to my tweet about it showing up in the catalog with, "Always a chance. :)".

I'll take that as a good chance, not cute girl saying there's a chance she'd go out with you but not really and she's really a jerk and teasing you. Not that last one at all.
Well, so long as we're not getting maced and kicked in the balls, I'll take it!

No catalog update huh? Well, I have a song from a CAG alumni, by yours truly, Fire Thief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNerivrmMhM

If they put up two games in the catalog for the rest of the year (one November and one December), what would you pick?

Nov: Rise of the Tomb Raider (because it's more Tomb Raider).

Dec: Watchdogs 2 (I know I'm in the minority here, but I really had fun with gameplay).

If they put up two games in the catalog for the rest of the year (one November and one December), what would you pick?

Dec: Watchdogs 2 (I know I'm in the minority here, but I really had fun with gameplay).

I'd actually agree with you on both of those. I don't know why Watch Dogs got so much hate. I enjoyed it a lot.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Rise of the Tomb Raider for sure. But maybe swap out Watchdogs 2 with Last Guardian? :D

Rise of the Tomb Raider for sure. But maybe swap out Watchdogs 2 with Last Guardian? :D
I'm actually excited for Tomb Raider now! I've already played it on Xbox but after seeing the features added for PS4 Pro, I will definitely play it again.

So it seems I won CoD. :D

Same here! - first time!! Includes a key for the base game (including zombies and terminal map pack), and another key for the modern warfare remaster. So, if it goes to catalogue, I think we can expect a similar release to BO3: separate listings for game and season pass. Pure speculation.

Same here! - first time!! Includes a key for the base game (including zombies and terminal map pack), and another key for the modern warfare remaster. So, if it goes to catalogue, I think we can expect a similar release to BO3: separate listings for game and season pass. Pure speculation.
Unfortunately, if it was given away on Twitter I don't think it will be in the catalog. I cant remember one that was a giveaway AND later put in the catalog.

Unfortunately, if it was given away on Twitter I don't think it will be in the catalog. I cant remember one that was a giveaway AND later put in the catalog.
Likely correct. Syranth posted a page back with their reply of 'Always a chance,' was piggybacking off that.

I can tell you from working the COD Midnight launch yesterday that it looks like the PS4 version of the Legacy edition came with the disc of Infinite warfare and there was a code for Modern Warfare so it would make sense for those games to be separated. Interestingly enough on the XB1 both games are on the same disc so people looking to pick up the Modern Warfare and trade in Infinite are not going to be able to do it. Sly Sony... very Sly =D

I don't think Modern Warfare 4 Remastered will work without Infinite Warfare unlocked on your account. The Infinite Warfare FAQ says it won't. I'd love to be wrong though.

One of the physical versions comes with a digital code of Modern Warfare, the FAQ says you need to insert the Infinite Warfare disc to be able to play it.

Ugh earlier today I gave my friend the refurbished PS4 that was $60 and he opens it... and there was no controller in the box. Anyone else not have a controller in the box?

Anyone else not have a controller in the box?
I got the PS4 I won today, the package had a sticker on the top with what's included. Though, the contents sticker could be a stock sticker and there is no guarantee of the contents that are in the box aside from the actual PS4.

Ugh earlier today I gave my friend the refurbished PS4 that was $60 and he opens it... and there was no controller in the box. Anyone else not have a controller in the box?
I Got the black PS4 with a controller, but the controller wouldn't charge or turn on. I Emailed them about a week ago and haven't gotten a response since. The console works though so, eh. There's some black DS4's on Amazon Warehouse though last I checked that were $34 and listed as "Like New", but come in brand new when you order them if you want to point him towards that.

I Got the black PS4 with a controller, but the controller wouldn't charge or turn on. I Emailed them about a week ago and haven't gotten a response since. The console works though so, eh. There's some black DS4's on Amazon Warehouse though last I checked that were $34 and listed as "Like New", but come in brand new when you order them if you want to point him towards that.
His message to me was "I think I need a controller" and I thought he meant it didn't come with one. Apparently it did, but it was the same situation you had, it wouldn't charge it turn on.

My PS3 came with a broken controller.

bread's done
Back