The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

Ugh been waiting for heavenly sword. Knew I should've ordered that sooner, it's been OOS it seems for a little while. Do they usually keep refreshing stock of all those older games? I imagine yes since that is quite old at this point and was on there just a month or two ago.

[quote name='fuss']
Also notice the DLC games are 1,000 extra points..... :roll:[/QUOTE]
Noticed that. To me the points are like gold so paying an extra $5 and getting the physical disc is no problem.

[quote name='fuss']Also notice the DLC games are 1,000 extra points..... :roll:[/QUOTE]
Looks like they fixed that - they are both now 1,000 points. But I am kinda dissapointed of the DLC game selection. Where is LBP DLC? PJ Monsters? There is a some great PSP exclusives missing from the reward section. :cold:

does anyone know if RLS games can be traded in to amazon? I'm finished with heavy rain and they will give me substantially more than gamestop...just don't know if that pesky drill hole through the upc will be a problem

[quote name='kylem785']does anyone know if RLS games can be traded in to amazon? I'm finished with heavy rain and they will give me substantially more than gamestop...just don't know if that pesky drill hole through the upc will be a problem[/QUOTE]

amazon is really picky they rejected some of mine, so i sent to gazelle no problem.

[quote name='fuss']Looks like they fixed that - they are both now 1,000 points. But I am kinda dissapointed of the DLC game selection. Where is LBP DLC? PJ Monsters? There is a some great PSP exclusives missing from the reward section. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I though MotorStorm: Arctic Edge & Gran Turismo would have been added but that never happened and by this time probaly never will.

New contest is up!

Complete all twenty (20) PSP® modules and you will be entered to win a Metal Gear Solid®: Peace Walker Entertainment Pack. There will be a total of three winners.

Prize includes:
  • One (1) Metal Gear Solid®: Peace Walker Entertainment Pack

Required Modules

EA SPORTS 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ Complete ACE COMBAT® JOINT ASSAULT™ Complete Disgaea Infinite Complete Despicable Me™: The Game Complete Iron Man 2 Complete Madden NFL 11 Complete Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable Complete Prince of Persia®: The Forgotten Sands™ Complete Valkyria Chronicles II Complete Ys Seven Complete ModNation™ Racers for PSP® Complete Metal Gear Solid®: Peace Walker Complete Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip Complete Invizimals™ UMD® with PSP® Camera Complete PixelJunk™ Monsters Deluxe Complete Fat Princess PSP® Complete Step Your Game Up™ Complete Metal Gear Solid®: Peace Walker Entertainment Pack Complete God of War: Ghost of Sparta Complete EyePet™ PSP Complete

You will be awarded 2000 points just for entering the sweepstakes. Don’t forget, finish all quiz questions correctly the first time through and you can receive 50 bonus points on each module. If you get all 20 modules correct, you will get an additional 1000 points. The 1000 point bonus will be awarded at the end of the sweepstakes, after September 30, 2010.

Deadline for entry is September 30, 2010, 10 a.m. PST! View the Official Rules for full details.

a TON of new learnings are up - most are for the contest that is posted above...

Also a new Q3 contest is up, same deal as before each day you log in gets you an entry to the contest.

The prize includes:

PlayStation®3 System
PlayStation®Move Bundle which consists of a PlayStation®Eye, a PlayStation®Move controller, and a copy of Sports Champions™
Three PlayStation®Move motion controllers
Four PlayStation®Move navigation controllers
PlayStation®Move shooting attachment
PlayStation®Move charging station
And, these additional games:
Start the Party™
Kung Fu Rider™
EyePet™
Fight Night: Lights Out™
TV Superstars™
The Shoot™

I need a new PS3 so do me a favor and nobody log in for the next few months ok?

[quote name='fuss']I need a new PS3 so do me a favor and nobody log in for the next few months ok?[/QUOTE]

I can help you out with that - I won't log in at all! :(

[quote name='hqn101']its around the 90 days since release time frame.[/QUOTE]

It was close, but if it was 90 days it'd have came out mid June, so a few weeks off this time. I'm just glad to get it can't wait to play it for $10!

Does anybody have any pictures of the RLS Polo? I'm not sure if I can spend $10 on that over a game...

Also torn on getting MLB 10 or something else.

And I'm waiting on Modnation Racers, that needs to get up there asap.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Does anybody have any pictures of the RLS Polo? I'm not sure if I can spend $10 on that over a game...

Also torn on getting MLB 10 or something else.

And I'm waiting on Modnation Racers, that needs to get up there asap.[/QUOTE]

Unless you work at Gamestop and they let you wear it to work do not get it. I was given one long ago and never touched it since. I really think I gave it to goodwill lol. My old ony rep wore one all the time, it has the basic RLS logo on it in the front and in the back below the neck.

Lots of new quizzes up in the last month or so. Good to see such a big addition.

For members who have reached Advocate status (visit once a month for at least six months), new items were added:

AC Adapter USB (PS3) - 1000 pts
PSP Go In-Ear Headset - 1000 pts
Blu-Ray Remote - 1500 pts
PSP Go Cradle - 2000 pts
High-Speed HDMI Cable - 2500 pts
Bluetooth Headset - 5000 pts
Dual Shock 3 Controller (Black or Blue) 6000 pts

Also, from what the local RLS rep told me recently, and don't quote me on this, members will be able to buy a PS3 later this year for $150. So I've been told at least.

edit - posted same time as lox lol
got this email:
Congratulations! We have noticed that you visit the RLS frequently to see what's new with PlayStation® and to sharpen your selling skills. You are now an RLS Advocate!
Q: What is a RLS Advocate?
A: RLS Advocates are RLS members who have visited the site at least once each month for the last six months. We created this title to recognize our most die-hard members for their commitment to ongoing training.
Q: What are the perks of being a RLS Advocate?
A: We are in the process of creating a set of exclusive benefits for RLS Advocates. Future benefits may include:
Exclusive Rewards Catalog items
Point Accelerators: Earn up to 10% extra points for each training module you take.
Invitations to PlayStation® Home events
Invitations to events in your area
Q: How do I maintain my RLS Advocate status?
A: Just make sure to log in at least once per month to maintain your title.
We look forward to seeing you online.
The RLS Team

lox missed these two rewards that are on the last page:

Traveler Case for PSP®go system - 1000pts
Wireless Keypad (for PlayStation®3) - 5000pts

The only item I know is more points now is the dualshock, it was 4,000 points in the last version of the RLS. But I am hapy to see them return as I need a few more now.

[quote name='loxthefox']For members who have reached Advocate status (visit once a month for at least six months), new items were added:

AC Adapter USB (PS3) - 1000 pts
PSP Go In-Ear Headset - 1000 pts
Blu-Ray Remote - 1500 pts
PSP Go Cradle - 2000 pts
High-Speed HDMI Cable - 2500 pts
Bluetooth Headset - 5000 pts
Dual Shock 3 Controller (Black or Blue) 6000 pts

Also, from what the local RLS rep told me recently, and don't quote me on this, members will be able to buy a PS3 later this year for $150. So I've been told at least.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice for the ps3

Was able to snag Mod Racers for PS3 earlier today but looks like it's already sold out (unless it doesn't show up for me because I ordered one).

Modracers is still available! And love, love, love being an advocate. However, does anyone feel that the points being asked for PLUS the $10 is a bit much for many of these prices, particularly compared with the games?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ogreeley']Was able to snag Mod Racers for PS3 earlier today but looks like it's already sold out (unless it doesn't show up for me because I ordered one).[/QUOTE]

thanks ordered one

Thanks for the info about Mod Nation being available. I ordered the PS3 version, oddly enough the PSP version wasn't available though...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Thanks for the info about Mod Nation being available. I ordered the PS3 version, oddly enough the PSP version wasn't available though...[/QUOTE]
And I REALLY hope they have the DLC version of it up when they do put it up.

Ordered a Modnation Racers! I need to hit advocate status badly, I don't remember exactly when I registered, but its gotta be at least 5 months ago now.

Sweet, got one as well. Doubt I'll hit advocate status as I won't have a job with a participating retailer for very much longer. lol been months since I saw heavenly sword disappear, guess if I want that I have to buy it cheap somewhere else.

[quote name='hqn101']PS3 hardware and PSP hardware now available just grabbed myself a ps3.[/QUOTE]

PS3 is sold out :( how many points was it?

[quote name='waunel']PS3 is sold out :( how many points was it?[/QUOTE]

20,000 points it was a 120gig bundle that came with 3 games, MLB 2010, LBO GOTY and infamous.

[quote name='hqn101']PS3 hardware and PSP hardware now available just grabbed myself a ps3.[/QUOTE]

I saw the PS3 console but only had 5,800 points. Damn!!!

The Website is slow as fuck right now. I am trying to get a new PSP...never seen the site sooo slow. People must be killing the server right now.

It's was 20,000 points with a flat $10 shipping. I got that and I just ordered a psp 3000 I love how you don't have to be advocates for these.

[quote name='hqn101']It's was 20,000 points with a flat $10 shipping. I got that and I just ordered a psp 3000 I love how you don't have to be advocates for these.[/QUOTE]

How the fuk did you get 32,000 points if you are not an advocate? Did you take 320 "quizzes" in less than 6 months? Do you have a life!:roll:

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Wow. I can't believe I missed out on the PS3. What are the odds of them bringing it back soon?[/QUOTE]

My guess is that they will bring back PS3s and PSPs again in the near future. When? I dont know. I say anywhere between 2 weeks to a month. That's how long it usually takes when a game goes out of stock.

[quote name='oasisboy']How the fuk did you get 32,000 points if you are not an advocate? Did you take 320 "quizzes" in less than 6 months? Do you have a life!:roll:[/QUOTE]

I've had like 50,000 points back when Sony reps were just handing out training cards

[quote name='hqn101']I've had like 50,000 points back when Sony reps were just handing out training cards[/QUOTE]

Sony reps gave you 100 training cards? (500 points per card) I am not buying it.:booty:

[quote name='doubledown']Is there a limit to how many quizzes you can take in a day still? I thought it was 10 correct?[/QUOTE]

I think it's as many as your physically possible to do.

[quote name='loxthefox']I think it's as many as your physically possible to do.[/QUOTE]

Cool....I cannot seem to get the 500 point selling module to work. I got through the ask the people section, but the knowledge check just does nothing.

How many points was the PSP? That is so amazing they had the systems up... I have the points... just need some luck now.

[quote name='fuss']How many points was the PSP? That is so amazing they had the systems up... I have the points... just need some luck now.[/QUOTE]

If I remember I think they were 13,000 points

[quote name='AK85']If I remember I think they were 13,000 points[/QUOTE]

It was actually 12,000. I hope they bring the systems back but I am not so hopeful. I will probably be able to only get a PSP as I have hardly any quizzes left to take and I am around 9300 points.

12K is not bad for a PSP-3000 - wonder if they will put a PSP GO up - but then they would really have to step up on thier downloadable game selection (LBP?? GT??)

I hope if somebody sees the systems up they will post here ;)

bread's done
Back