The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

[quote name='Javery']So what about those new Seahawks unis?[/QUOTE]

In terms of design, it's looking good. Wasn't a fan of the two-tone sleeves so I'm glad that's gone. I like the design, but the elements give off a collegiate feel primarily thanks to Oregon's identity crisis.

[quote name='DestroVega']Someone reported he left a note saying he shot his heart to save his brain for research but that's not confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that some other NFL player that killed himself a few years ago or are people now saying the same thing about Seau?

[quote name='Javery']Wasn't that some other NFL player that killed himself a few years ago or are people now saying the same thing about Seau?[/QUOTE]
That was another nfl player a few years back. Haven't heard anything about Seau leaving a note.

Seau played in a charity golf tournament the day before he killed himself. Have to wonder if he'd given any indication of what he had planned.

[quote name='AJVtony831']That was another nfl player a few years back. Haven't heard anything about Seau leaving a note.[/QUOTE]

Someone reported Seau did too but like I said, no one confirmed it.

[quote name='JJSP']Seau played in a charity golf tournament the day before he killed himself. Have to wonder if he'd given any indication of what he had planned.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he was distraught over his lack of birdies?

I'm willing to bet it was impulsive and although he was probably suicidal during the tournament I bet he wasn't thinking that he was playing golf for the last time because he was killing himself in the morning. Although, who the hell knows what he was thinking...

[quote name='Javery']Wasn't that some other NFL player that killed himself a few years ago or are people now saying the same thing about Seau?[/QUOTE]

Dave Duerson of the Bears did that.

IqCNZ.jpg

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']John Elway has gotten rid of Denver GM Brian Xanders, so he will be taking over those responsibilities for the future.[/QUOTE]

Does Elway know what he is doing? I have my doubts.

[quote name='Javery']Does Elway know what he is doing? I have my doubts.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, so we'll have to see. It's not a surprise with the way he's taken direct control of the team and its affairs for the past few months.

Smh why are they starting RG3 already? Do they not remember what happened to Alex Smith? At least let him be a back up for 3-4 games

[quote name='Gannikus']Smh why are they starting RG3 already? Do they not remember what happened to Alex Smith? At least let him be a back up for 3-4 games[/QUOTE]

Beck is gone. From my knowledge that means they have two rookie QB's (RGIII, Cousins) and Grossman. Do you really think they are putting Grossman on the field?

I really didnt want RGIII to go them...his career might as well be over. He is just another Jason Campbell.....who was extremely solid but had zero support and basically was made to be a bust because of the team.

[quote name='Superstar']Beck is gone. From my knowledge that means they have two rookie QB's (RGIII, Cousins) and Grossman. Do you really think they are putting Grossman on the field?[/QUOTE]

Oh god I'm going to cut a bitch if a "We want Rex" chant breaks out.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I really didnt want RGIII to go them...his career might as well be over. He is just another Jason Campbell.....who was extremely solid but had zero support and basically was made to be a bust because of the team.[/QUOTE]

What? If Jason Campbell were the type of player RG3 should be, no team would have let him go.

Jason Campbell was really solid....he had a different head coach and offensive cord every single year the first 5 years he was in the league.

You cant expect anyone to do well in that situation. He just got screwed badly...not saying he was going to be a superstar but he had the talent to be solid.

I doubt Shanahan is going anywhere the next few years, so RGIII should have stability there as he learns the system and adapts to the NFL.

If you trade as much as they traded to get what you think is a franchise QB, you're certainly not going to let him sit behind Rex Grossman. I see no reason not to let him learn on the job.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Jason Campbell was really solid....he had a different head coach and offensive cord every single year the first 5 years he was in the league.

You cant expect anyone to do well in that situation. He just got screwed badly...not saying he was going to be a superstar but he had the talent to be solid.[/QUOTE]

Didn't say he wasn't a solid QB, the Raiders would have been better off if he didn't get hurt, but RG3 will excel regardless of the fact he's on the Redskins.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7918806/cleveland-browns-dt-phil-taylor-months-chest-injury

Phil Taylor tore a pectoral muscle while in the weight room and is only said to be out for "months," so I'm hoping it's not nearly as bad as D'Qwell's tears. At least they picked up two DTs in the draft that can help fill in the hole while he's out.

Why am I not surprised that the media is reporting that two of the first five handoffs that Weeden and Richardson have taken together were fumbled like they're not going to be working together for the next few months to build up some chemistry? They're getting started with the spin early this season.

Read an article on espn about how the Rams can legally break the stadium contract after the 2014 season if upgrades aren't made to make their dome top of the line. As a Niners fan I'd love for them to leave and go back to L.A. and bring back the blue and yellow uniforms. NFC West is boring with the historically shitty Cardinals coming from the old NFC East and the Seahawks from the AFC. The only real rivalry in the division isn't the same with the Rams in St Louis.

[quote name='DT778']Read an article on espn about how the Rams can legally break the stadium contract after the 2014 season if upgrades aren't made to make their dome top of the line. As a Niners fan I'd love for them to leave and go back to L.A. and bring back the blue and yellow uniforms. NFC West is boring with the historically shitty Cardinals coming from the old NFC East and the Seahawks from the AFC. The only real rivalry in the division isn't the same with the Rams in St Louis.[/QUOTE]Here's the skinny about the Rams' counter-offer back to St. Louis for what they want done with the dome:

http://fox2now.com/2012/05/14/rams-dome-plans-to-be-made-public-monday/

Make us an awesome stadium with your money or we might move? St. Louis is getting Maloof'ed hard.

Pro Football Talk is reporting that a source claims Vikings RB Adrian Peterson was arrested following a late-night incident at a night club—which is all on video. According to PFT, police entered the club at the end of the night and instructed patrons to leave and Peterson appears to not have complied

Last edited by a moderator:
Resisting arrest for something "little" or a DUI is not considered a felony in my eyes. Iono why they make such a big deal out of it

[quote name='Gannikus']Resisting arrest for something "little" or a DUI is not considered a felony in my eyes. Iono why they make such a big deal out of it[/QUOTE]

It's not considered a felony by anyone.

So now since fantasy Draft is coming up, I was hoping on getting some help on who to keep. My league we can keep 4 players.

I'm torn between

Stafford Qb
R. WHite WR
M. Colston WR
V Jax WR
Forte
Gore
Sproles

Just proposed a trade to give Matt Ryan and Roddy White for Jennings and B Marshall
Any help would be appreciated.

What rounds would you keep each in, is your league PPR, how many of each position do you start and how many teams are in the league.

Its not PPR, and its a keeper league. So I keep 4 on my team from the previous year. I got Jennings for Matt Ryan. Looking to get rid of Roddy White. Looking at a trade to dump Gore/White for Ray Rice, also thinking of dumping Gore/White for Gronkowski.

I'm planning on keeping: Stafford, Forte, Jennings, and R. White.
But if I can get a No.1 RB for White I'll be happy. Deadline for keepers is tomorrow.

[quote name='frostybroc']Its not PPR, and its a keeper league. So I keep 4 on my team from the previous year. I got Jennings for Matt Ryan. Looking to get rid of Roddy White. Looking at a trade to dump Gore/White for Ray Rice, also thinking of dumping Gore/White for Gronkowski.

I'm planning on keeping: Stafford, Forte, Jennings, and R. White.
But if I can get a No.1 RB for White I'll be happy. Deadline for keepers is tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'd keep Colsten over White. Hopefully you can move him for a #1 RB, but he's no longer worth that.

You don't keep your keepers in actual rounds?

[quote name='perdition(troy']The bears are definitely not going to give Forte the workload he will be wanting/expecting this year with the Michael Bush signing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you can't bank on that, Bush could get hurt, you never know. Gotta take the most talented guys. Forte isn't Frank Gore yet.

Ya but who knows how long he plans on holding out and even if he does play, Bush will vulture his tds and yds. If you can get rid of him, they will be throwing a lot and the Bears really don't seem too concerned on a long term deal. Stay away from Forte this year.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Ya but who knows how long he plans on holding out and even if he does play, Bush will vulture his tds and yds. If you can get rid of him, they will be throwing a lot and the Bears really don't seem too concerned on a long term deal. Stay away from Forte this year.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I have to disagree on this bigtime. He's vital to their passing game in Addition to how he runs the ball.

Bush can do everything Forte does. Pretty much had the same stats last season and bush only started 9 games after dmc went down. If you look at the time he spent in Oakland he really hurt dmc's fantasy production and in my opinion actually got dmc hurt by him coming and going. Its all opinion really but in this situation he is going to hurt Forte more than he will help. Bush could be a starter, they are not paying him 14 million to do what Barber did. You will see a lot of Bush this year regardless of what happens with Forte this season.

bread's done
Back