The "Night of Champions" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good show overall. AJ-Aries was crazy, but exciting with a memorable finish. Magnus-Roode was less memorable, but still pretty good. Bully-Anderson greatly exceeded expectations because Anderson was super-motivated. Also, MANIK IS LIKE HULKAMANIA. Oh, and AJ's going to cut a SHOOT PROMO next week because Dixie didn't re-tweet him. fuck AJ.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/09/tna-impact-9-12-13-no-surrender.html

Screens -

#thumbsup4tits

Didn't TNA fire Sorenson after he broke his neck for them?
Ok, let's get this stupid shit straight for the final time.

Jesse Sorenson did not go out and "break his neck for the company," rather both him and the tool he was wrestling that night botched and he paid the price for it. Then, after going through the healing process, against medical orders, he continued to push for them to let him go back in the ring.

Granted TNA may not have handled his dismissal from an overpaid position in the best manner, or maybe they did. However, when someone keeps pushing to do something that doctors have highly advised them against, I can't fault TNA for covering their assess and not letting it happen on their watch.

I spend hours playing it. Playing the Cornellverse, Real World, or Historical?
Playing the real world with Captain Charisma's latest update (first time playing the game) Decided to be NWA since they don't need (use) angles, and all you need to do is book matches. Man, I SUCK at this game...

The popularity of the NWA has dropped from 28th to 33rd, and I have only had a match rated C- or above a couple of times...

The game really could use a search function when it comes to angles though... so many choices... it's a bit overwhelming.

Anyone got any advice?

Night of Champions Card:

Pre-Show

Tag Team Turmoil #1 Contender's Match:

The Real Americans vs. Tons of Funk vs The Prime Time Players vs The Usos vs 3MB

PPV

WWE Tag Team Championship Match:

The Shild (c) vs the #1 Contenders

US Championship Match:

Dean Ambrose (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

WWE Diva's Championship Match (Fatal 4-Way)

AJ Lee (c) vs Natalya vs Brie Bella vs Naomi

Handicap Elimination Match

CM Punk vs Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman

World Championship Match

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Rob Van Dam

WWE Championship Match

Randy Orton (c) vs Daniel Bryan

...I kind of suspect Damien Sandow is going to cash it in and have an actual match against the World Champion given the number of matches on the card.

I forgot all about TNA being in STL last night until I got home late and looked at YT. I wonder how cheap tickets got? Anyone go?
I thought about it, but I went out to eat with the family instead. I think the cheap seats were about $20 which would have actually pretty decent. The Chavifetz is a nice little arena with great sight lines.

They were actually giving out free tickets if you donated five cans of food.

If you live in the St. Louis area, and are interested in free tickets to the event, or simply want to help out, bring five non-perishable food items to Slumberland Furniture at 4265 Rusty Road in St. Louis and you will receive a free ticket to the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently during TNA's last set of tapings on Thursday night, Mike Tenay and Taz were watching the Jets vs. Patriots NFL game.

One of the fans in attendance sent a photo showing two monitors set up at the broadcast table, one that was showing Impact Wrestling and the other that was showing the NFL game. The two were watching the game throughout the entire two weeks worth of Impact tapings in St. Louis.
:rofl:

Guess the football game was more entertaining than the actual Impact taping/live show.

Shit! Missed the NJPW show yesterday!

Grabbing the Wrestle-1 show now to finish watching it! Ended up passing out last time. :(

These 4am shows are going to kill me!

Santana Garrett wrestled at the NXT tapings last night.

YES! YES! YES!
One thing is for certain: Garett Bischoff has forever stained the name "Garrett."

And apparently "Santana Garrett" is a woman. What a weird series of names. And that's not even a result of the "WWE Random Name Generator(TM)."

:rofl:

Guess the football game was more entertaining than the actual Impact taping/live show.
I can't speak for the game but No Surrender was rock solid from top to bottom. Styles/Aries, Magnus/Roode and
Styles/Magnus
were all great matches. Bully Ray/Anderson was also very well done. It's been a long time since I've seen a 2 hour show have so much solid wrestling on it.

Not a lot of room to future endeavor if they're going to keep 7 hours of monthly TV + press events + Be A Star!

Also: NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS TONIGHT!

http://tinychat.com/835ms

7:38 - Punk / Heyman  / Axel has been made NO DQ.

7:41 - Tag Team Turmoil is up! Winner gets a shot at The Shield last tonight!

7:42 - 3MB and Tons of Funk starting things off!

7:44 - McIntyre with a crazy over the top rope plancha!

7:45 - 3MB out! The Real Americans are In! Cesaro runs in with a Superman-cape!

7:48 - Tons of Funk out! Usos in!

7:52 - Real Americans take out The Usos when Swaggers taps out one of the Usos. Prime Time Players out!

7:55 - Pre-Show over!

8:08 - Paul Heyman is meeting with HHH.

8:14 - Axel calls out HHH for losing to him. HHH in turn puts Axel's Intercontinental belt on the line. Match is now.

8:16 - Out comes Kofi.

That was certainly a weird ending. Thought for sure HHH would come out and restart the match or reverse the decision. Guessing they'll strip him of the title tomorrow on Raw

Scott Armstrong's count did appear to be kinda fast to me. I think that is where they will go with it.

That was certainly a weird ending. Thought for sure HHH would come out and restart the match or reverse the decision. Guessing they'll strip him of the title tomorrow on Raw
maybe he was at the cotton candy stand and could not make it out before the ppv went off the air :)

he will probally come out and say someone locked him in a room and he could not get out to reverse it at the ppv and then Demand to know who locked him in.

WWE just released 3 developmental talents(including Vader's son who was in NXT).  So it looks like they are cutting talent to save money.

Also, Mickie James contract with TNA expired and has turned down the resigning offers they've offered her.  So it looks like she's done with the company.

I blame Michael Cole and his terrible commentary.

I imagine they're replacing the dev talents with new people like Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards.
As someone who prefers to not waste his time watching WWE, they will be missed. I wouldn't call myself a fan of Richards, but, over the years upon years upon years, he's proven himself to be quite good at what he does. Edwards getting absorbed into the WWE void means PWG loses a good tag team. Seems like PWG had plans for the Dojo Bros, even with the recent "Mount Rushmore of Wrestling" development.

As someone who prefers to not waste his time watching WWE...
kane_by_lu13ckysb-d4mn852.jpg

Fun show overall due to Steph's voice, Show, Dusty, Ryback, Heyman, Miz's parents, Miz's destruction being cheered in his hometown, and Bryan. It did drag on at times though, and felt like a big treadmill for most guys. Except for HHH - he's the top star and BUY HIS DVD NEXT WEEK. Nice ending bit - loved seeing Bryan close the show being a bad-ass and a hero amongst all the other faces.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/09/wwe-raw-9-16-13.html

Screens -

of haircare

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/7f3pz3b81grboo32tlnh3z6zkqjxfadn

Its' been a while since we had some Briscoes in this bitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU4_uDa6w1kOyzsikIzReCKQ&v=qB3WSQdeHuI&feature=player_embedded

Looks like TNA is now looking for a permanent place to do Impact tapings.  The story doesn't mention going back to Orlando, but mentions that they're looking into somewhere in Las Vegas.

Also weeks after TNA released her, SoCal Val was arrested for DUI & fleeing the scene of an accident.   Does the wrestling industry really drive to people to drink?  Seems like every month someone is arrested for DUI.

Fun show overall due to Steph's voice, Show, Dusty, Ryback, Heyman, Miz's parents, Miz's destruction being cheered in his hometown, and Bryan. It did drag on at times though, and felt like a big treadmill for most guys. Except for HHH - he's the top star and BUY HIS DVD NEXT WEEK. Nice ending bit - loved seeing Bryan close the show being a bad-ass and a hero amongst all the other faces.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/09/wwe-raw-9-16-13.html

Screens -

of haircare

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/7f3pz3b81grboo32tlnh3z6zkqjxfadn
noticed that none of the Major names came out was all mid carders

probally setting up the nov Survivor series main event .... Mid carders vs Headliners

Looks like TNA is now looking for a permanent place to do Impact tapings. The story doesn't mention going back to Orlando, but mentions that they're looking into somewhere in Las Vegas.
That's disappointing. The road shows have almost always had good crowds. Small, yes, but they were definitely into what they were watching. TNA has been putting on solid shows with good wrestlers (another good BFG Series this year) but they just can't seem to get over that hump. Hopefully, if they go back to doing shows in the same place every week, they can at least get a better crowd than the Impact Zone was drawing for it's last couple of years.

Skipped Raw even though it was here in town, but it's fun to see the Miz family get some air time.  His mom would usually get a shout out at the place we watched PPVs and would often hand out the PPV poster that they gave away at the end of the night.  I get a really good Dagwood sandwich from a place that Miz's uncle runs and there are some autographed pics and stuff up in the shop.  Both of these things interest me more than watching face Miz. :)

Looks like TNA is now looking for a permanent place to do Impact tapings. The story doesn't mention going back to Orlando, but mentions that they're looking into somewhere in Las Vegas.
I'd support this just to be able to tell some appreciative words to Bully Ray in some random event that I encounter him while running errands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back