The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

I disagree.

James is the MVP, hands down, right now. Davis might be 3rd, but it's not even close.

You guys saw the spanking they took by a Bosh-less Raptors last night.

Delfino is looking like the steal of the year.

Another loss for the Knicks. :lol:

I tell you though, they started doing pretty damn well and then they lost their confidence.

Timmy D hopefully isn't severely injured after tonight's game and misses only a few games. :pray:
So far GINOBILI is a beast, speaking of former actually lookin beasts, Kaman and the clipps aren't doing to terrible considering they are minus E. Brand.

Last note the hornets are on a tear, beating Dallas last night was sweet. West, Chandler, and especially Peja are inconsistent as hell, but C.Paul is playing great so far, last night stat line w/ 33p 12a 9rebs and 3 steals. :D

Wow, what a lucky win. And how about that three-pointer from Nash in the fourth quarter?

Some of those Pacers' fans looked like they were going to cry. :lol:

well the Heat are 4-13...but I'm not losing hope. dallas fans remember well what happened when they were up 2-0 in the 2006 NBA Finals and had a 13 point lead with 6 min left in game 3... I won't count the Heat out yet. they have been struggling but we will rebound and get it done. GO HEAT!

[quote name='yukine']Well this one is over.

Good game Toronto.[/QUOTE]

Amare has been a beast on this road trip so far.

105 min [35.0]
36/52 fg [.692]
22/23 ft [.957]
31 rebounds [10.3]
95 points [31.7]

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Amare has been a beast on this road trip so far.

105 min [35.0]
36/52 fg [.692]
22/23 ft [.957]
31 rebounds [10.3]
95 points [31.7][/quote]
No kidding! The Suns are pretty unstoppable when he is healthy and staying out of early foul trouble.

Terrible list with New Jersey or Miami not making it remotely into the playoffs, and as much as I'd like J-Smooth and crew to make it, I think they can maybe squeak in but barley.

For the west its a different story Lakers being 98.9% and Golden State 99% is ridiculous these are teams that can potentially make it but not to the point where their locks over Denver or N.O.

His power rankings are a joke.:bomb:

[quote name='alucard8319']Terrible list with New Jersey or Miami not making it remotely into the playoffs, and as much as I'd like J-Smooth and crew to make it, I think they can maybe squeak in but barley.

For the west its a different story Lakers being 98.9% and Golden State 99% is ridiculous these are teams that can potentially make it but not to the point where their locks over Denver or N.O.

His power rankings are a joke.:bomb:[/quote]

My friend and I discuss how bad they are all the time, he continues to tell me they're entirely "stat based" but I'm pretty sure wins aren't a stat that moron factors into his rankings. Plus this guy was picking Houston over Chicago in the NBA finals before the season started. Now both teams might miss the playoffs :lol: ... although I wouldn't bet against either one of them to not at least get #8.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']My friend and I discuss how bad they are all the time, he continues to tell me they're entirely "stat based" but I'm pretty sure wins aren't a stat that moron factors into his rankings. Plus this guy was picking Houston over Chicago in the NBA finals before the season started. Now both teams might miss the playoffs :lol: ... although I wouldn't bet against either one of them to not at least get #8.[/quote]

I wouldn't be suprised if Denver missed the playoffs really. They play no defense, on offense it seems they have no set plan, it's just wait for A.I. or Carmelo to miss a shot, and go in for the rebound. One night they play like nobody can beat them, the next night they lose to the Knicks.

Talent wise, their's no team better with:
A.I.
Melo
Smith
Camby
Martin
Kleiza

[quote name='ph33r m3']I wouldn't be suprised if Denver missed the playoffs really. They play no defense, on offense it seems they have no set plan, it's just wait for A.I. or Carmelo to miss a shot, and go in for the rebound. One night they play like nobody can beat them, the next night they lose to the Knicks.

Talent wise, their's no team better with:
A.I.
Melo
Smith
Camby
Martin
Kleiza[/QUOTE]

Nash, Bell, Hill, Marion, Stoudemire, and Barbosa are a better top 6 then that.

Kleiza is a glaring flaw as he doesn't rebound, and Martin isn't Martin anymore, and hasn't been in a long time.

I'd put Golden State's top 6 ahead of Denver's, with Jackson, the Baron, Ellis, Harrington, Azubuike and Biendrins. I'd also put Detroit's top 6 of Billups, Sheed, Rip, McDyess, Maxiel and Curious George ahead of Denver's.

Still Phoenix has the best top 6 IMO, their main problem though is beyond Boris Diaw no one else gets into the rotation much. Definitely a problem they should look to address with expiring contracts and draft picks if they're going to beat Tim Duncan.

It still amazes me how Lebron could reach the finals, considering the lack of support he has. This season Big Z got his weak ankles that could go at any time but is playing well with more minutes, D. Gooden is having a good season but with Variejo coming back pist he could do more harm than good. Daniel Gibson is a nice surprise but damon jones is damon jones, enough said about him. Devin brown is nice in short minutes, but unless they make a transaction to acquire Bibby in January(hopefully healthy) or Kidd soon, the Magic and Celtics are most likely gonna represent the East in the finals.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Kleiza is a glaring flaw as he doesn't rebound, and Martin isn't Martin anymore, and hasn't been in a long time.

I'd put Golden State's top 6 ahead of Denver's, with Jackson, the Baron, Ellis, Harrington, Azubuike and Biendrins. I'd also put Detroit's top 6 of Billups, Sheed, Rip, McDyess, Maxiel and Curious George ahead of Denver's.

Still Phoenix has the best top 6 IMO, their main problem though is beyond Boris Diaw no one else gets into the rotation much. Definitely a problem they should look to address with expiring contracts and draft picks if they're going to beat Tim Duncan.[/quote]

Talent wise I still have Denver. Melo has more talent than Bell and Hill combined. But to each their own.

My GS Warriors team is hot and cold, we jack up 40 3 pointers, we make half, were all good, but when they don't fall were screwed.

anyone see Ford's injury? May very well have ended his career....

At first look it doesn't look that bad, but when they show it from different angles it looks bad. Hate to see these kind of injurys.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJkeuJ6RTM[/media]

With both LeBron and Larry healthy now, this season may not be a lose for the Cavliers after all.

[quote name='2Fast']Dwight Howard is a monster. I gotta see this guy live.[/quote]

I'm suprised people haven't brought up roids on this kid, he's beasty.

This Warriors game is fucking crazy, I really can't stand S-Jax sometimes...

[quote name='ph33r m3']Give Baron Davis the MVP right now, he just went ape shit in the 4th.[/quote]

As of now, the MVP is Dwight's to lose.

[quote name='DomLando']Ford is always hurt.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but a great player if he can stay healthy. But with him missing time, Mo Williams wouldn't have gotten a chance. Still wish we didn't trade him (though it made sense in in every way), dude was really nice to the Bucks fans and he seemed to like being here.

Wow, I really can't believe how much the C's have improved since last year, it's an astronomical improvement in every way. Perkins has matured into a great inside man, Rondo is great for kicking it out, or even going up for the layup, and the obvious Big 3 are just tearing it up; not to mention Eddie House, James Posey, and Tony Allen helping out big time on the bench.

Just an amazing start!

Damn, who thought the Blazers would have the longest winning streak in the NBA now (currently at 10 games)? Brandon Roy is playing like an All-Star and Travis Outlaw could be a possible "most improved player" candidate. And the team won five of those games without LaMarcus Aldridge, who had a foot injury.

I didn't think the Blazers would make the playoffs this season, but they just might...

And the Blazers are at 12 now (and it helped that the team's last two games were against the Sonics and the Timberwolves, the latter being the worst team in the league with only four wins).

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Damn, who thought the Blazers would have the longest winning streak in the NBA now (currently at 10 games)? Brandon Roy is playing like an All-Star and Travis Outlaw could be a possible "most improved player" candidate. And the team won five of those games without LaMarcus Aldridge, who had a foot injury.

I didn't think the Blazers would make the playoffs this season, but they just might...[/quote]

Imagine if Greg Oden was out there. :hot:

Suprised nobody is talking about this All-Star voting for the West at the guard position.

Kobe & T-Mac are sure bets and after that you got:
A.I.
Baron Davis aka Bodyguard
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Tony Parker
Kevin Martin

I'm pretty sure only 4-5 can go.

Kobe is automatic, but considering missed games and impact on their team I believe its gonna be a shame if Nash, B-Diddy, and now Chris Paul playing beastly aren't in. T-MAc and Martin regardless have just missed too many damn games and Parker is pretty beat up early on, so if they take 5 that leaves one spot between A.I. and D-Williams.

Kobe Bryant
Points Assists Steals 3PT Made
27.0 5.1 2.1 1.8

Steve Nash
17.2 11.9 0.7 2.0

Chris Paul
21.7 10.4 2.8 1.1

Deron Williams
19.0 9.1 1.0 1.0

Baron Davis
22.0 8.2 2.3 2.2

Tony Parker
20.3 6.5 0.7 0.3

Kevin Martin / Missed 17 Games
24.6 2.1 1.4 1.9

Tracy Mcgrady. Missed 13 Games
Points Rebounds Assists FG%
22.8 4.7 5.1 .439

The all-star game is gonna be tough to get into. Still there's no way Martin should get in, as he's putting up numbers on a crap team. Not even that stellar, when you consider Stack used to score 30 a game on Detroit before they got good.

T-Mac will probably be injured, so that opens a spot...

I'd go with:

Kobe/Nash as starters
Davis/Paul off the bench
and Williams filling an alternate spot. T-Mac will probably bump Deron though.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']The all-star game is gonna be tough to get into. Still there's no way Martin should get in, as he's putting up numbers on a crap team. Not even that stellar, when you consider Stack used to score 30 a game on Detroit before they got good.

T-Mac will probably be injured, so that opens a spot...

I'd go with:

Kobe/Nash as starters
Davis/Paul off the bench
and Williams filling an alternate spot. T-Mac will probably bump Deron though.[/quote]

While Martin is on a crap team, I get a lot of King's games and the kid's defense is damn near-lock down.

Still not making the all-star team...

... yet.

Sacto's management is a joke too, they need to move out their bad contracts and egos by trading off Miller, Artest and Bibby while they can still get something for them and rebuild around Martin. Miller's getting about 20, 10.5 and 5 a game right now too, do you think his stock is ever gonna get this high again?

That 8 week loss is gonna kill the Lakers. They should still be a-o-k for play-offs, but they had a real shot at getting home court, for maybe even more than just the first round. This kind of injury will really hurt if someone else doesn't step up. Kwame Brown, your time is now :lol:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']That 8 week loss is gonna kill the Lakers. They should still be a-o-k for play-offs, but they had a real shot at getting home court, for maybe even more than just the first round. This kind of injury will really hurt if someone else doesn't step up. Kwame Brown, your time is now :lol:[/quote]

I don't think their a-o-k. Their only 5-6 games from being 10th in the West.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Yay! Lakers got rid of Kwame Brown and got Pau Gasol. This eases the pain of losing Caron Butler for that number one draft bust.[/quote]

I'd still rather have Caron, but wow that trade is even worse. At the time Butler was traded for Brown, no one knew that Butler would be so damn good and Kwae so damn bad. Here everyone knows what Gasol is capable of with a clean bill of health. This definitely makes the Lakers a favorite in the West. They should still probably ship Odom out.

Furthermore, this now pairs the two most underachieving players in recent NBA history: Kwame "Big Cat" Brown and Darko "The Human Victory Cigar" Milicic. Sure am glad Detroit didn't draft Chris Bosh, Chris Kaman, Dwyane Wade, Carmello Anthony, David West, Josh Howard, or anyone else from that loaded draft. I know hindsight is 20/20, but the Pistons could've drafted Chris Bosh AND Josh Howard, instead they grabbed Darko and Carlos Delfino.

bread's done
Back