The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

Wow, the West is still tough.

Lakers and Suns are both at 38-17.
Spurs and Hornets are at 37-17.
Jazz and Mavs with 36 wins, but Mavs have one less loss.
Houston is right behind them with 35 wins...

No team is safe.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Amare is goin ape shit with Shaq now down low to take some pressure off.[/QUOTE]

Amare is, but he's been playing like this all of February even before Shaq. The rest of the team has looked like garbage, but I still think it's part of their transition. I don't like the trade, I may later, but I don't see this working out in the Suns favor.

Steve Kerr is either gonna be considered a great GM for his moves, or otherwise preparation to battle the spurs/lakers in the playoffs or a complete dope.

kurt thomas to arch rivals indirectly, lol

Even though I hate Jeff Van Gundy, he brought up a good point. The Suns had Marion, Kurt Thomas, and James Jones about 1 1/2 year ago, decided to let go Jones, trade Thomas, and trade Marion. Thinking about it, I believe they'd be better off with Marion, Thomas, Jones then Shaq. Shaq's lookin' fine, the offense isn't their yet though.

damn you, i was right about to pick up luis scola in cag league.

Yep, just when it was turning into yao's team this happens. If they drop out this lets Denver slip in unless Portland can pull together a strong finish, but thats gonna be really tough for such a young team, and b.roys health.

I had a feelin' that an injury to the Rockets was going to happen, they couldn't stay that hot for that long. Sucks to see, Yao was becoming a top player. This saves the Nuggets season, because I saw the Warriors and Rockets getting in. Now with the Rockets done, you got the Nuggets in.

Dammit, Miami won game 10 tonight. Oh well.

In other news the Rockets are still probably a play-off team, check out their weak schedule. A lot of home games and a lot of games against teams under .500, furthermore Golden State and Denver keep losing.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Dammit, Miami won game 10 tonight. Oh well.

In other news the Rockets are still probably a play-off team, check out their weak schedule. A lot of home games and a lot of games against teams under .500, furthermore Golden State and Denver keep losing.[/quote]

The Rockets won't make the playoffs. period. I wouldn't say the Warriors keep losing, we haven't lost back-to-back games since January 3rd/4th.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Bet a friend of mine 100 tonight that the Celts make it to the finals, he took the Pistons.[/QUOTE]

Well I personally think in the East it will come down to the Celts and the Pistons, but I agree with your friend, I'd pick the Pistons too. I think the experience they have as a team will get them past the Celts.

I want to say the Celtics, but I mean LeBron is just playing outta his fuckin' mind. It's like he knows he'll score on you.

First he dismisses Houston, despite these three facts:

A. Their weak remaining schedule
B. Yao is a 7'6 vagina
C. They're red hot and on a 12 game win streak after blowing out Washington tonight

I don't really care for the Rockets but they look play-off bound to me.

Then he suggests Cleveland will return to the finals...

Any other brilliant predictions Nostradamus? Gonna tell us all how the Warriors are going to win the NBA championship next? :rofl:

After checking the schedules, I'd guess Golden State finishes around 15-10, they've got a brutal stretch in late March/early April that includes a tour of Texas and back-to-back games with kobe. Plus they've got a lot of road games.

Denver will be lucky to finish their remaining games over .500.

Meanwhile Houston hardly plays anyone over .500, or on the road.

I'll predict:

7. Golden State, hopefully they play Dallas again, but San Antonio and a first round exit seems more realistic
8. Houston, T-Mac leaves in the first round again
---
9. Denver, Karl gets fired, Nene and/or Kmart get moved... probably to New York, as Zeke is the only one dumb enough to take them.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']First he dismisses Houston, despite these three facts:

B. Yao is a 7'6 vagina
C. They're red hot and on a 12 game win streak after blowing out Washington tonight

Any other brilliant predictions Nostradamus? Gonna tell us all how the Warriors are going to win the NBA championship next? :rofl:[/quote]

Did I ever say that the Cavs would make the fuckin' Finals idiot? No. But, LeBron/Kobe our the only players in the league who can carry a team on their back, when it's crunchtime.

Yao isn't a 7'6 vagina, he is the 2nd best Center in the league behind Dwight. Check the Rockets record without Yao, dipshit. They blew out Washington right? Forgive me if i'm wrong, but is Arenas playing? Oh how about Caron Butler?

The Warriors have a outside shot to win it. We've swept the Spurs, split with the Lakers, unbeaten vs the Suns. Jazz are our kryptonite, so I don't see us winning it all.

Jesus christ, you can't be this fuckin' retarded.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Did I ever say that the Cavs would make the fuckin' Finals idiot? No. But, LeBron/Kobe our the only players in the league who can carry a team on their back, when it's crunchtime.

Yao isn't a 7'6 vagina, he is the 2nd best Center in the league behind Dwight. Check the Rockets record without Yao, dipshit. They blew out Washington right? Forgive me if i'm wrong, but is Arenas playing? Oh how about Caron Butler?

The Warriors have a outside shot to win it. We've swept the Spurs, split with the Lakers, unbeaten vs the Suns. Jazz are our kryptonite, so I don't see us winning it all.

Jesus christ, you can't be this fuckin' retarded.[/quote]

Wow, I'm not even going to read all of that post, starting and ending with name-calling and childish insults? What are you 15? :lol:

This will certainly give a lot of opportunity for someone to step up but man its gonna be rough not having such a unique player to pass to. Carl Landry and Chuck Hayes will hustle for every loose ball and wither or not Luis Scola can increase his production to at least 15 and 8 consistently they could hold onto the 8th spot.

I don't see how Karl and the Nuggets cant even try and play and D, while Phoniex as lousy as they are can at least fake some effort for a half, and shaq can at least scare people not to drive into the lane ala parker, iverson, j.o. and others w/o getting chopped up by the old disel.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']First he dismisses Houston, despite these three facts:

B. Yao is a 7'6 vagina

Any other brilliant predictions Nostradamus? Gonna tell us all how the Warriors are going to win the NBA championship next? :rofl:[/quote]

I assume my post got deleted, so i'll post it again. I never said the Cavs would make the finals, I suggested the fact because him and Kobe are the top finishers in the game and since the NBA calls a foul everytime you drive to the basket, he'll get the foul and go to the line.

Yao isn't a 7'6 vagina, he's the 2nd best center arguably behind Dwight. (Yao, I have as a better all-around center then Amare.) Yao is averaging 23 and 10 a game, and check the Rockets record without him, compared to without T-Mac, then come back and talk to me.

They blew out Washington? You mean the team without Arenas and Caron Butler right?

The Warriors most likely aren't going to win the NBA Championship, but any team in the Western Conference playoff picture has a shot. You sound a lot like the critics who didn't believe the Warriors had a shot against the Mavs. The Warriors at home in the playoffs are near impossible to beat (as long as we don't run into the Jazz.)

So, any other idiotic comments you wanna make?

I hope the suns make it far. I haven't paid attention to the NBA since the Shaq trade, and I'm now a fan. :)

They've been looking hit or miss a lot the games i've seen.

I see someone doesn't know when to shut the fuck up, so I'll do my best to break this down, so one of your inferior intellect can grasp these simple concepts.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I assume my post got deleted, so i'll post it again.[/quote]

This is what happens when you post like a child and do nothing but hurl mindless insults. Another shining example of your intelligence.

I never said the Cavs would make the finals, I suggested the fact because him and Kobe are the top finishers in the game and since the NBA calls a foul everytime you drive to the basket, he'll get the foul and go to the line.

How is this not suggesting the Cavs will go to the finals?

[quote name='ph33r m3']I want to say the Celtics, but I mean LeBron is just playing outta his fuckin' mind. It's like he knows he'll score on you.[/quote]

You'll argue of course that it's not, but you're not the quickest, so let me take proving you wrong one step further:

Main Entry: sug·gest Pronunciation: \səg-ˈjest, sə-ˈjest\ Function: transitive verb Etymology: Latin suggestus, past participle of suggerere to pile up, furnish, suggest, from sub- + gerere to carry Date: 1526 1 aobsolete : to seek to influence : seduce b: to call forth : evoke c: to mention or imply as a possibility d: to propose as desirable or fitting e: to offer for consideration or as a hypothesis

I rest my case.

Yao isn't a 7'6 vagina, he's the 2nd best center arguably behind Dwight. (Yao, I have as a better all-around center then Amare.) Yao is averaging 23 and 10 a game, and check the Rockets record without him, compared to without T-Mac, then come back and talk to me.

He's a 7'6 vagina, he's soft, gets pounded at will by other players, and is worthless on average once a month. To call him the second best center in the league is really an irrelevant statement, as there's very few true NBA centers anymore. The Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson era is over, and Shaq got old. Look at the other centers who have been drafted #1 in the past 10 years: Kwame Brown, Michael Olowakandi, Andrew Bogut, come the fuck on. It's a joke. I'll reserve judgment on Oden until he actually plays, but I'll mention him here because I'm sure you will if I don't. At 6'10 and 6'9 repsectively, Howard and Amare should really be classified as power forwards, like Tim Duncan or KG.

They blew out Washington? You mean the team without Arenas and Caron Butler right?

Yet in your last paragraph you talk up Yao like he's Hakeem or something, so I guess blowing out Washington without Yao doesn't matter because they were missing players too. Mentioning how they're without Arenas is just asinine considering they've been without him all season, and didn't start losing until Butler went down.

The Warriors most likely aren't going to win the NBA Championship, but any team in the Western Conference playoff picture has a shot. You sound a lot like the critics who didn't believe the Warriors had a shot against the Mavs. The Warriors at home in the playoffs are near impossible to beat (as long as we don't run into the Jazz.)

I was one of the people that actually gave Golden State a shot to upset Dallas, despite being laughed at. I favored Dallas to win 4-3, but given what the Warriors did to Dallas during the regular season I gave them a pretty good shot to pull the upset. This year no one is going to be over-looking anyone in the West. Golden State could get to the 2nd round, but sooner or later they'll run into San Antonio or Kobe, and then they're done.

So, any other idiotic comments you wanna make?

I'm sure you will, but go ahead, flame on. That's all someone with your intelligence is capable of afterall. Heaven forbid you actually make a point backed up with facts or any logic whatsoever.

I am not even going to jump into another argument on CAG. But I will say this.

Anyone who says anything about Yao Ming other than he is injury prone is just fucking stupid. He ave 22 points and 10 rebounds 2 blocks and 2 assist.

What more do you want from the guy? Yeah, when he got into the league he was a push over....like MOST PLAYERS FROM OVERSEAS but he is among the top 5 PF/C in the league. His foot work is amazing for how big he is...and he has range to shoot a jumper from 12-17 feet. He also has the skills to pump fake and move around...which is something great center of the past did like Wilt.

I love talking about sports...but a lot of you are just fucking stupid and make up shit as you go along. Yao Ming sucks? Really? His stats say other ways.

Debating whether a PF/C is more important is pointless. There are 5 guys on the court and of those 5 Yao gives you 22 a game with 10 reb. The problem with Yao is that until he starts 360 dunking on people and flailing his arms around arm chair sports analyst will continue to think he is weak.

He is in the same boat as Carlos Boozer. Who is also among one of the best PF/C in the game and if you are not paying attention will indeed drop 40 points on your head. But he does it without a lot of the power jams in peoples faces, without a lot of the screaming, without a lot of the dancing after a dunk. So no one ever talks about him.

If you think Yao Ming is anything other than amazing (aside from the injuries) then I will just add you to the bag of idiotic fake sports fans. The people who claim they follow sports but really just follow superstars. Talking endlessly about Kobe and Lebron but cant comment on 2nd Teir players like Luis Scola, Tyrus Thomas, Marcus Williams.

On and unrelated to anything post.

I am really really really sick of seeing people dunk outside of a game. So what..you got yourself a camera and you record yourself dunking 10 times. There are millions of people can dunk...its not hard.

Do some dunks in a game with some quality opponents then come talk to about how you can dunk.

And no street ball/and 1 style doesnt count. Go 360 over a guy who actually wants to block you so he can move on in the tournament, play offs, whatever.

I am just sick of all these people who think they are good because they can dunk....but then they lack every thing else like, passing, an actually jump shot, hell even offense and defense awareness.

I want to see more ankle breaking. Thats where I am impressed. The ability to shake someone like that is sweet as hell.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I wish I could make sense of anything Soodmeg writes, but it's never written in English. Where the hell are you from anyway?[/quote]

Its so easy to just completely break down people who have no idea what they are talking about and are just making up stuff as they go along. Though I was not actually talking to you ZL.

So I will take your complete lack of understanding and dodging the actually stats as a note to discontinue speaking about the actually sport of basketball. As like most you seem just to want to speak nonsense without any facts.

So to further clarify. There are 2 types of so called sports fans. One actually dwells in reality talking of actually stats from official sites, speaking of things that actually happened in games.

Then there is the other group. The group that you seem to fall in. People who say they know about sports but spend their timing seemingly just making up stuff and making assumption without any prove other than their paper then opinion. They follow superstars around because they dont actually follow the sport closely enough to know anyone else. That make claims based of video games, hype, talking with their friends and seem to deny and get defensive when you bring up facts. They also tend to say every player but the obvious ones suck.

Again. If you say Yao Ming is anything but amazing you fall into the latter. Because his stats say otherwise.

Meh. Ah well.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I see someone doesn't know when to shut the fuck up, so I'll do my best to break this down, so one of your inferior intellect can grasp these simple concepts.

This is what happens when you post like a child and do nothing but hurl mindless insults. Another shining example of your intelligence.

How is this not suggesting the Cavs will go to the finals?

You'll argue of course that it's not, but you're not the quickest, so let me take proving you wrong one step further:

I rest my case.

He's a 7'6 vagina, he's soft, gets pounded at will by other players, and is worthless on average once a month. To call him the second best center in the league is really an irrelevant statement, as there's very few true NBA centers anymore. The Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson era is over, and Shaq got old. Look at the other centers who have been drafted #1 in the past 10 years: Kwame Brown, Michael Olowakandi, Andrew Bogut, come the fuck on. It's a joke. I'll reserve judgment on Oden until he actually plays, but I'll mention him here because I'm sure you will if I don't. At 6'10 and 6'9 repsectively, Howard and Amare should really be classified as power forwards, like Tim Duncan or KG.

Yet in your last paragraph you talk up Yao like he's Hakeem or something, so I guess blowing out Washington without Yao doesn't matter because they were missing players too. Mentioning how they're without Arenas is just asinine considering they've been without him all season, and didn't start losing until Butler went down.

I was one of the people that actually gave Golden State a shot to upset Dallas, despite being laughed at. I favored Dallas to win 4-3, but given what the Warriors did to Dallas during the regular season I gave them a pretty good shot to pull the upset. This year no one is going to be over-looking anyone in the West. Golden State could get to the 2nd round, but sooner or later they'll run into San Antonio or Kobe, and then they're done.

I'm sure you will, but go ahead, flame on. That's all someone with your intelligence is capable of afterall. Heaven forbid you actually make a point backed up with facts or any logic whatsoever.[/quote]

I'm not talking about Yao like he's fuckin' Hakeem you nut. I'm saying 20-10 is nothing to laugh at, you want to call him a vagina? Yeah sure go ahead makes your point even better.

The Wiz are a whole different team without Arenas, they're a sub.500 team barely. So, they weren't playing the best competition.

Andrew Bogut, you have to give a little credit to, he's averaging around 14/10. Howard is going bananas.

And how couldn't the Cavs have a chance to go to the finals? Their 2-1 this year vs the Celtics, and LeBron took it upon himself to beat the Pistons last year in the playoffs. Add that to the fact that the team has improved since last year's playoff run.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I wish I could make sense of anything Soodmeg writes, but it's never written in English. Where the hell are you from anyway?[/quote]

Sadly, the kid makes more sense than you do.

God you're so ignorant it's mind boggling.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I'm not talking about Yao like he's fuckin' Hakeem you nut. I'm saying 20-10 is nothing to laugh at, you want to call him a vagina? Yeah sure go ahead makes your point even better. [/quote]

He's soft, he's like a vagina. He puts up good numbers, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a big pussy. Someone that is 7'6 with his shot should be scoring 30 a game, while grabbing 15 rebounds and blocking 5 shots. He's too tall and too big to be that soft. Shaq knew how to use his size, Jabbar did, Yao does not. He's soft, that's why I called him a Vagina. I never said he wasn't good. Learn how to read.

The Wiz are a whole different team without Arenas, they're a sub.500 team barely. So, they weren't playing the best competition.

What was their record before Butler got hurt retard? They were 24-19, that's pretty far under .500 isn't it? Plus Arenas was playing with them during their 0-5 start, use that excuse now. Seriously, you're (see how I used the correct form of you are there) so fucking stupid it hurts.

Andrew Bogut, you have to give a little credit to, he's averaging around 14/10. Howard is going bananas.

Maybe I will if he does it on a winning team, but he was the #1 pick. Those #s are disappointing, especially since he was taken over Paul and Williams.

And how couldn't the Cavs have a chance to go to the finals? Their 2-1 this year vs the Celtics, and LeBron took it upon himself to beat the Pistons last year in the playoffs. Add that to the fact that the team has improved since last year's playoff run.

Don't be so dense. Detroit is much deeper this year, the Cavs had a cake-walk to the ECF in 07, and one of those wins over Boston was by a point, and guess what Garnett didn't play. :roll:

After Boston beats them tonight, maybe you'll shut up. I doubt it though.

Sadly, the kid makes more sense than you do.

I like how you call him "kid", yet you're at most, 17? You act like it, that's for sure. I guess it's a good thing someone that acts like as much of a bitch as you do lives in the San Francisco area. ;)

We'll see who is laughing when Houston makes the play-offs, Golden State loses in the first round, and Cleveland is bounced by Detroit or Boston.

The Cavs had a cakewalk to the ECF? Of course they did. But who did they beat? Yeah Detroit

And on the Rockets situation, once they don't make the playoffs, due to McGrady having to carry the load. (Who, I think is a great player, just doesn't have a killer instinct) You'll keep posting idiotic remarks, screaming your head off with excuses.

You and Stephen A. Smith, would make the cutest couple.

[quote name='ph33r m3']The Cavs had a cakewalk to the ECF? Of course they did. But who did they beat? Yeah Detroit

And on the Rockets situation, once they don't make the playoffs, due to McGrady having to carry the load. (Who, I think is a great player, just doesn't have a killer instinct) You'll keep posting idiotic remarks, screaming your head off with excuses.

You and Stephen A. Smith, would make the cutest couple.[/quote]

Hey ph33r how about we just continue this conversation. As I have already pointed out ZL is just a guy who likes to talk like he knows a sport.

Half the the thing he says dont add up. All of which are easily disproved by just simply facts.

Cakewalk? Really? Thats not what the bookies said when they gave Detroit a 10 to 1 score. Hmmm.

ZL you are typically half fan. You use extremely long post to post insults instead of facts, while screaming crying, and cursing, to get your paper thin point across. One of which is completely undone by looking at facts.

Seriously? Your basis that Yao is soft is because he is taller than everyone but doesnt score 30 a game? Based on that logic Earl Boykins should score 30 because he can bench 300 pounds and thats more than most people in the league.

(since I am sure your going to pretend like you have no idea what I am saying I will explain)

You are basing the fact that 1 specific thing makes a player superior to anyone else. Like you just said....Yao is tall so in your logic that apparently should make him better than everyone. (you seemingly forget that this is the NBA.....simply being tall doesnt make you good. Ask Shawn Bradley) So using your same logic. A guy like Jamal Crawford should be hitting 40 because he is fast.....Eddy Curry because he weighs a lot.....Stromile Swift because he recorded the highest vertical.

Bron Bron scores 30.7 a game. So that means Yao score 5 less shots than the highest scoring player in the league yet you call him soft? He is currently the 11th leading scorer in the league. Tim Ducan who is considered a Hall of Fame PF is 29th. Also Timmy is 6-11 which C height anyway...not that the label C/PF really matter. (Thats like arguing that your SG has to be between 6'4 and 6'7 any taller and he is a SF)

I could go on but your point barely stands up on its own so I will leave it at that.

Ph33r what teams do you think go the strongest from all the trades?

Seriously Soodmeg, how aren't you dead? Someone as dumb as you, it's amazing how you get up and put on clothes in the morning, let alone drive a car without smashing into trees. You've got to be (and I know I'm not the only to point this out) the dumbest person ever to post on CAG.

Oh and learn to read dumbfuck, I said cakewalk to the ECF, not the finals. God you're so damn retarded it's not even funny anymore.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Seriously Soodmeg, how aren't you dead? Someone as dumb as you, it's amazing how you get up and put on clothes in the morning, let alone drive a car without smashing into trees. You've got to be (and I know I'm not the only to point this out) the dumbest person ever to post on CAG.

Oh and learn to read dumbfuck, I said cakewalk to the ECF, not the finals. God you're so damn retard it's not even funny anymore.[/quote]

I can't read? Well, apparently neither can you. This is what I said.

"The Cavs had a cakewalk to the ECF? Of course they did."

[quote name='ph33r m3']I can't read? Well, apparently neither can you. This is what I said.

"The Cavs had a cakewalk to the ECF? Of course they did."[/quote]

Not you, homeboy. That little gem is buried somewhere in soodmeg's post. I don't fault you for missing it, "retard" isn't very easy to translate.

I think the Lakers will pull even in the West. I can see them going all the way to the West finals against the Suns or Spurs. I just hope they don't get sloppy and give up when there playing Denver or Golden State.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']I think the Lakers will pull even in the West. I can see them going all the way to the West finals against the Suns or Spurs. I just hope they don't get sloppy and give up when there playing Denver or Golden State.[/quote]

I'm holding back judgement on the Lakers until Bynum comes back and see how him and Gasol flow. The only reason I don't think the Lakers will make it, is because Gasol isn't the best defender. He'd get eaten alive by Duncan and in playoff time, his record is 0-8.

I wouldn't worry about my Warriors facing the Lakers, as much as I love Biedrins, he can't guard Bynum. I'd love for the Warriors to face the Suns, because we'd run them outta the fuckin' club.

The Lakers won today 3/2 against the Mavericks!

108-104 OT Kobe scores 52 points... Kobe is on a roll this season.
I still cant believe PHX Suns lost to the 76ers? I was a little shocked!

[quote name='Dynasty1756']The Lakers won today 3/2 against the Mavericks!

108-104 OT Kobe scores 52 points... Kobe is on a roll this season.
I still cant believe PHX Suns lost to the 76ers? I was a little shocked![/QUOTE]

At least Kobe showed up on offense, everyone else couldn't make a basket. :/

The game was a lot closer than what I would like, but at least it was exciting.

As much as I love to bash Dirk, he showed WHAT HE CAN DO. It amazes me, it amazes everyone I know, the guy is 7 foot and never bangs down low. He decided to finally go down in the post vs Odom and hit the fadeaway. He can get that every time.

I love Kobe, but he bitches more than anyone in the league.

[quote name='ph33r m3']As much as I love to bash Dirk, he showed WHAT HE CAN DO. It amazes me, it amazes everyone I know, the guy is 7 foot and never bangs down low. He decided to finally go down in the post vs Odom and hit the fadeaway. He can get that every time.

I love Kobe, but he bitches more than anyone in the league.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... it was a nice 3 by Dirk at the end of regulation. His shots were actually going in when needed today, unlike the spurs game.

houstons streak continues to 15 and they finally move out of the 6th spot but they got dallas and new orleans next week, so it will be tough as hell to beat both those teams. Denver with all their talent are still terrible and will be lucky to make the play offs, rockets might make it on playing small ball the rest of the way.

bread's done
Back