The Official Android thread.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Everyone is pissed no carriers announced for note 2. That killed a lot of the hype for the phone.[/QUOTE]

You will assume AT&T and Verizon on release probably....I would just like a US release date, but Apple has to try and sue everyone.

[quote name='doubledown']You will assume AT&T and Verizon on release probably....I would just like a US release date, but Apple has to try and sue everyone.[/QUOTE]

Its been leaked that sprint is getting it along with t-mobile.. you'd assume att would get it again.. which leaves crappy verizon with the worst phone selection of all carriers left. And verizon has 2 phablets this year, the LG monstrosity and the HTC 1080p 5". They might just skip out on the note altogether =(

I've had the original Note for a few months now and I love the damn thing. For me, I've rarely actually held my phones when taking calls, either used a headset or put it on speaker. Note works great for me in that sense. Also ComicRack is awesome on that, no need to carry the Transformer everywhere.

I have absolutely NO fuckING regrets getting a Note. I'd actually buy a second one for when this one dies because i have absolutely no reasons to look at any other phone regardless of updated features.

Note 2 leaked for verizon, that makes leaks for all 4 major carriers for the note 2. Thank god. My brother and i will have it at launch! Even tho i absolutely LOVE my rezound, note 2 is the last phone i will need for a long, long time.

[quote name='sendme']I don't see why anyone would get the Note. The damn thing is nice but way to big for a phone.[/QUOTE]

I've had the Dell Streak 5 for 2 years and it fits just fine in my pocket. Yes, it's big....but I love it. The only thing I hate about the Streak was the lack of support and just outdated specs at this stage of the game.

^All I heard about that thing was how horribly bad it was. I guess mostly because Dell thought they knew better than the regular standard Android OS?

[quote name='VipFREAK']^All I heard about that thing was how horribly bad it was. I guess mostly because Dell thought they knew better than the regular standard Android OS?[/QUOTE]

The Dell Streak runs Android...always did. They had their own UI, but it was still Android. I haven't had too many complaints....there are enough custom roms out there now that I was able to flash and upgrade.

It's just old now....give me that NOTE 2.

Note 2 is official for all US carriers, including US Cellular. Finally verizon has the best android device like everyone else. White 16 gig note 2 on verizon, 2 of them plz, at launch.

And it will probably be updated last, and be locked down more than the others. 2013 can't get here soon enough, may be saying bye bye to Verizon.

[quote name='Clak']And it will probably be updated last, and be locked down more than the others. 2013 can't get here soon enough, may be saying bye bye to Verizon.[/QUOTE]

I dont care, as long as i can finally own the best android phone on verizon, im more then content.

I guess my point is that the others, while being the same basic phone, will be "better". Especially when they're getting updated and the Verizon version is lagging behind. I mean I've got the Galaxy Nexus, and even the Sprint version has been updated to Jelly Bean, while mine still waits, that's sad. Granted I've got the thing running a custom JB rom, but that's not everyone with this phone.

[quote name='Clak']I guess my point is that the others, while being the same basic phone, will be "better". Especially when they're getting updated and the Verizon version is lagging behind. I mean I've got the Galaxy Nexus, and even the Sprint version has been updated to Jelly Bean, while mine still waits, that's sad. Granted I've got the thing running a custom JB rom, but that's not everyone with this phone.[/QUOTE]

Bought my Nexus to avoid flashing roms. Had to flash roms. fuck Verizon.

[quote name='Clak']I guess my point is that the others, while being the same basic phone, will be "better". Especially when they're getting updated and the Verizon version is lagging behind. I mean I've got the Galaxy Nexus, and even the Sprint version has been updated to Jelly Bean, while mine still waits, that's sad. Granted I've got the thing running a custom JB rom, but that's not everyone with this phone.[/QUOTE]

I did not know Sprint updated the Galaxy Nexus already. I was thinking that only the unlocked one from Google was updated.

Anyone here use Swappa to buy a used phone? My HTC Incredible is in perma-low memory mode and I'd like a cheap option to experience a newer phone. My goal is to wait for the next nexus phone, but I don't think there's any clear timeline for that...

Has anyone tried to delete apps remotely via the google play store web site? It says it will but it doesn't. I have the droid charge, which doesn't have ICS/JB :(

Glad to know they will also be deleted from the website. I hope that in another update the make it so that it does not move back to the top of the list after you delete them.

After realizing my Note 1 doesn't have NFC (learned the powah it potentially has) I learned about My Profiles. I'm still getting it setup, but it's pretty cool and automatic. When I get in my car my phone automatically turns on GPS, Bluetooth, and starts my music. My Aftermarket radio then automatically connects via Bluetooth. The only other thing that I need from the Note II is... the software... I hope I can get... (btw, I have the international version)

Come on AT&T, give me a release date already for the NOTE 2.

Tempted to pick up a 64GB memory card on Amazon today (GOLD BOX), but I think BF might have better deals.

Thought about another one of those 64gb cards, but since I can do an USB OTG with my 64gb sd card as well as other 32gb micro sd cards I passed. All of them including my 64gb micro in my phone is pretty filled. I'll wait til they're cheaper. I have been looking at usb 3.0 thumbdrives too.

I decided to wait....I have a 16GB in my current phone and it is only close to being full...still have 4GB free or more.

November 9th is now my upgrade date or the NOTE II. Now I jus thave to figure out if Best Buy will pre-order it or if I just go in and buy it on release day. I on't really imagine them selling out at $299.

[quote name='sendme']Is the note II coming in a 64gig edition or just 16 and 32?[/QUOTE]

I believe it will eventually, but most of the ones releasing are 16GB.

Just curious, why the need for 64GB when you can get a 64GB MicroSD for a fraction of what they would charge. Unless you need 128GB of storage :/

If it is anything like the Galaxy SIII I wont be able to put my apps onto the SD card. Also I figure if I have that for 2 years or longer I would like the room. I may just get the 32 and buy a MicroSD card that is 64GB. I don't plan on getting the phone till an extended life battery and case with a kickstand come out anyway,

Point well taken. I forgot about that aspect. It seems like I can move most on my Dell Streak.

Looks like T-Mobile already got the NOTE 2 today.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I was 100% dead set on the note 2, but since i got my S3 im beyond content. Saving my upgrade for 5+" 1080p s4 quad core with 3 gigs of ram lol.[/QUOTE]

quoting myself, because i was forced against my will to give my S3 to my sister in law, and bought a Note 2. Got the white 16 gig. Even on a bone stock phone, 6+ hours of on screen time on LTE and still 30+% battery life left. This phone is BEAST.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Anyone have an invite code for ingress?[/QUOTE]

I have yet to even play this. All you have to do is go to the site and sign up. It took only a week or so for me to get the invite. I didn't even have to use my code because it was tied to my Google account.

[quote name='blitz6speed']quoting myself, because i was forced against my will to give my S3 to my sister in law, and bought a Note 2. Got the white 16 gig. Even on a bone stock phone, 6+ hours of on screen time on LTE and still 30+% battery life left. This phone is BEAST.[/QUOTE]

Stoked to check mine out when it arrives on Monday. Going from an HTC Incredible to this will be pretty crazy.

Is there a thread for android deals? I just got $25 GP and I want to keep an eye out for deals on games/apps.

After finding itself as an LG exclusive for almost a year now, the fighting game classic Street Fighter 4 is now finally available for download in the Google Play Store for a handful of other devices. The only problem is most of these devices are unique to Japan where the game is only available (for now). At $3.48 cents by current exchange rates, this is about as close as you’re going to get to having a true Street Fighter 4 experience on your mobile device.

According to Droid Gamers (which has an awesome new redesigned site), the Japanese Street Fighter 4 for Android also has an English option which gives us hope that it’ll be arriving stateside in the near future. The game currently weights in at hefty 1.3GB, so you might wanna start clearing out some old apps in the meantime. We’ll keep you updated.

Http://www.phandroid.com/2012/12/31...y-now-available-for-android-devices-in-japan/

The guys at droidgamers are saying it still has low res graphics and hasnt really been updated for the newer devices. Im disappointed. Been waiting for this for a whilw. Ill still try the apk

So I just got into the Ingress beta and this thing is pretty cool. Went around my neighborhood this weekend to mess around with it and it definitely has a hook. Only thing I see being an issue is how one high level person can own pretty bad (to the point where I'm sure it gets boring for them too). Low level = can only use low level attack items, so you literally do 1% damage to well fortified portals.

But I love how it hooks you both on a local and semi-local level having you think about portal links and creating fields (link up portals in a triangle and the area in between is your factions'). It's really smart how you can't see the whole world map and browse around freely on the app (you can only zoom out so far from your immediate location). Unless you're mapping stuff out at home a lot from the actual website, you feel like you're exploring and discovering (sure you can load up the website on your phone's web browser, but it's annoying to use on a touch screen).

I wonder where this thing will go in order to come out as a proper release...

[quote name='blitz6speed']Just a heads up, Retroarch was released for android today, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.retroarch free app and 0 ads at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Looks pretty cool, I'll try it out...have yet to put any emulators on my nexus 7.

UPDATE: I tried a few quick things. I love how clean the interface is. It's nice that it's ad free and free for that matter! I like that it has a bunch of emulators in one program. Pretty sweet so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone recommend a good touchscreen controller app? I'm not sure I like the one that comes with Retroarch. Also, are there any retro games in particular that play well on a touchscreen phone. I can't imagine that anything that involves twitch reactions or spot-on controls will work well on an Android. I supposed RPGs should work fine as long as the touchscreen gamepad is responsive enough...

bread's done
Back