The Official CAG April 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I'd love to see a pic of ZxT's collection. No matter the month, hes always the one to post the most pics in the Pick-ups threads......usually pricey pick-ups too.[/QUOTE]

I know, right. He must have a sweet job or no bills to cop that stuff.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I'd love to see a pic of ZxT's collection. No matter the month, hes always the one to post the most pics in the Pick-ups threads......usually pricey pick-ups too.[/QUOTE]

I shall post an updated collection picture sometime. I think I posted an older one in the collection thread.

[quote name='js1']I know, right. He must have a sweet job or no bills to cop that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have a good paying job. I am actually on the verge of getting a raise here soon (going to salary instead of my shit hourly :roll:). As far as debt you are right. I hardly have any. Minus living expenses... my BMW and my credit card bill.

Sadly, my purchases are going down a bit as I am going throw more money into my IRA instead of spending waaaay too much on games. ;)

I agree, haters gonna hate. I haven't posted shit in a while, the woman in me wants to go out and continue throwing money away on games but Ive been trying to consolidate with my annual spring cleaning.

picked this up from ebay earlier this month. $4.00 shipped, complete

100_0777.jpg

[quote name='Tardcore']ZxT and Fire_Thief are keeping this economy afloat, so shut your mouth holes, all of you haters out there.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, you need to chill bro. I didn't really see any hating going on. This thread has been pretty nice until now. I was serious about my post,I was correct as you could tell when ZxT Vendetta responded to my post. So if anything YOU need to "shut your mouth hole." ;)

picture.php

Comics! ...and Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Premium Edition. (I'm still debating if I should pick-up the Lunar Guide or not... I probably will.)

Sigh. Being broke sucks. All I've picked up this month were cheap games from the Blockbuster sale.

From memory, I got:
:ps3: Enchanted Arms
:psp: Loco Roco 2
:wii: Bleach: Shattered Blade
:wii: Drawn To Life: The Next Chapter
:wii: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash-Up
:wii: Soulcalibur Legends
All for around $35

God, that Bleach game sucks so hard. It's nothing more than a wagglefest. I ended up giving it to a friend who's a Bleach fanatic.

KillerRamen and Tardcore: are you guys as pumped for Free Comic Book Day as I am?

[quote name='KillerRamen']

Comics! ...and Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Premium Edition. (I'm still debating if I should pick-up the Lunar Guide or not... I probably will.)[/QUOTE]

I want that X-men Forever lol. Do you guys buy your comics online or from a local comic store?

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I want that X-men Forever lol. Do you guys buy your comics online or from a local comic store?[/QUOTE]

Store is the only way to go (although the question wasn't directed at me :p). I like supporting local businesses, and places of nerd culture.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']^It was plural, directed to any of you guys. I don't have any local comic stores =([/QUOTE]

Have you checked the Comic Shop Locator?
http://www.comicshoplocator.com/default.asp

...Boarders and Barnes and Nobel have comics too, but they seem to get them later and from what I've seen they're not always in great condition.

I always buy from a local shop. I've been going there for the almost 7 years now.

Edit: If you want to check out comics there's always trades on Amazon. The hardcovers are usually very nice and it's usually a lot cheaper than buying single issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KillerRamen']Have you checked the Comic Shop Locator?
http://www.comicshoplocator.com/default.asp

...Boarders and Barnes and Nobel have comics too, but they seem to get them later and from what I've seen they're not always in great condition.

I always buy from a local shop. I've been going there for the almost 7 years now.

Edit: If you want to check out comics there's always trades on Amazon. The hardcovers are usually very nice and it's usually a lot cheaper than buying single issues.[/QUOTE]

You just made my day with that link, found two relatively close. Thank you so much!!

Just made a BEAST ass SHMUPS order at GameStop.com!!! I got:

Ultimate Shooting Collection - Wii

Raiden Fighter Aces - 360

Raiden IV Limited Edition - 360

Combined with CAG16 and EDGE, these three were $34 shipped!!! Amazing!!!!! All are complete as well!!!!

This is so beast. :]

Super Street Fighter IV on PS3. I really need one now. It was $37, but I got a $10 credit. So I figure it won't be less than $27 for a long time..

Touchgrind - iPod touch - $5

First time I EVER spent this much on an iPod game... And WOW, is this game awesome. Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdw86yqTOvo

@ Fire_Thief , Do you actually talk like that in real life " Just made a BEAST ass SHMUPS order at GameStop.com!!! " .

- I am not trying to come off as a jerk , I am just wandering because the word BEAST is VERY overused, so 4 years ago , and just quite annoying. It is almost as the annoying as " Cool Beans "

P.S. remember just wandering , not trying to be a jerk :D

DSC00754.jpg

- Heavy Rain ($35 shipped from a fellow CAG)
- Green Lantern #53 (Brightest Day)
- Justice League of America #44 (Brightest Day)

I'm in the middle of moving so there are boxes and shit all around my house at the moment.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']@ Fire_Thief , Do you actually talk like that in real life " Just made a BEAST ass SHMUPS order at GameStop.com!!! " .

- I am not trying to come off as a jerk , I am just wandering because the word BEAST is VERY overused, so 4 years ago , and just quite annoying. It is almost as the annoying as " Cool Beans "

P.S. remember just wandering , not trying to be a jerk :D[/QUOTE]

Who cares.

[quote name='nnthomas']Who cares.[/QUOTE]

You've added so much to the conversation. Masterful.

Tardcore, How are you liking the Brightest Day storyline? I haven't picked up any issues yet, but I plan on it soon. I'm not gonna miss out on this one like I did with 52.

Lots of stuff this month

DSC00447.jpg

AC/DC Live- free
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love- $39.99
Growlanser: Heritage of War Deluxe-$14.99

DSC00448.jpg

S&SARS Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow figures-$14.99 each

DSC00449.jpg

DDR Konamix-$1
SaGa Frontier-$9.99
Sonic DVD-$5.99

DSC00452.jpg

Mimana: Iyar Chronicle-$39.99 (GS Cred)
Lunar-$39.99 (GS Cred)

DSC00483.jpg

Ring for my woman-$120

DSC00484.jpg

GoW3 Ultimate Edition-$79.99 (GS Cred)

DSC00486.jpg

Bioshock 2 LE (PS3)-$49.99
Rock Band Stage Kit-$19.99 (GS Cred)

more in the next post

DSC00492.jpg

Magnavox Odyssee 2 w/ games (works great)-$40

DSC00493.jpg

Transparent Gameboy Pocket-free
Bomberman-$4
JP: Operation Genesis-$5
Marc Ecko's Getting Up LE-$5

DSC00494.jpg

Build-A-Bear Workshop-$17 (GS cred)
Megaman Energy Drink-$3
DSC00491.jpg

Knuckles-$4.99
Sonic Plush-$9.99

DSC00490.jpg

S&SASR Amy figure-$4.99
Sonic the Werehog-$4.99

DSC00487.jpg

Twisted Metal-$4.99 (sold for $15 cuz i already had it)
Fox Hunt-$14.99
Arcana Heart-$14.99 GS Cred
Thunderforce III-free
Littlest Pet Shop: City Friends-$24.99 GS Cred

Not Pictured:
Makai Kingdom-$9.99 GS Cred
Guitar Hero 5-$25 GS Cred
Persona 4-$17 GS Cred

This month's pickups, thankfully the
EA games, from the EA Store (I know, late to the Orange Box party, but better late than never)
4526166205_f092ef8ca2.jpg

Not as cheap EA store game from my first order, but it's an expansion to Dragon Age, that magical time warp that apparently took 50+ hours of my life.
4526800130_0db2a69de5.jpg

And now, my favorite pick up of the month, now limited only by my laziness to go out and buy a frame:
4526798424_080bf821e8.jpg

4526167397_9dceb8641a.jpg

Pictures don't do it justice, looks awesome in person, going to look even nice with my Shepard statue from the Bioware auctions when it gets in:D

HUGE purchase update tonight.

Wild Arms 4 - PS2, $11 shipped

Legaia 2: Duel Saga - PS2, $10 shipped

^ Some sick RPG's.

Sol-Feace - Sega CD, $5 shipped

^ Another SHMUP.

Sherlock Holmes Vol. II - Sega CD, $5 shipped

^ A fun point and click game.

Fighters Megamix - Saturn, $5 shipped

^ Saturn fighting game.

Record of Agarest War, 360 Naughty - $48 shipped!

Great stuff!

awesome picture sdawg, i really wanted the illusive man, but i ended up not getting it :( pretty mad i missed it.

EA Store was good to me...

Dante's Inferno - 29.99
Dragon Age Origins - 29.99
Dragon Age Awakening - 19.99

Target and K-Mart...

Resident Evil 5 - 14.97
Resonance of Fate - 37.99

Blockbuster / Craigslist -

Infamous - $20
The Bigs 2 - $14.99

Blockbuster B1G1 -

Rock Band 2 - 14.99
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - Free
F.E.A.R. 2 - 9.99
Bionic Commando - Free
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 9.99
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Free (With The Bigs 2)
God of War: Chains of Olympus - Free (With MVU)

Just did Keep It on White Knight Chronicles from Gamefly..

Way too much money spent :(

Just made a UNIQUE purchase!!!!!!

Bought THREE versions of Bram Stoker's DRACULA!!!

Game Gear - $5 shipped

Genesis, complete - $6 shipped

Sega CD, complete - $5 shipped

Amazing! Lol after watching AVGN's video again I just had to order them. =]

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Just made a UNIQUE purchase!!!!!!

Bought THREE versions of Bram Stoker's DRACULA!!!

Game Gear - $5 shipped

Genesis, complete - $6 shipped

Sega CD, complete - $5 shipped

Amazing! Lol after watching AVGN's video again I just had to order them. =][/QUOTE]

Prepare to not enjoy them. They're all pretty bad.

Orignal XBOX From my friend
:ps2::Gretzky NHL 2005
:xbox::Jet Set Radio Future/SEGA GT 2002,Top Spin,Mechassult,Halo,LOTR:Return of the king
:gba::Game boy camera,Pokemon Ruby
:wii::2 Wii Points Cards

Man, I am keeping up with Blackest Night but I usually wait till I can buy the comics all at once. Right now I have 2 Sets. Waiting till the summer for the third/Brights Day

Got MLB 10 as an early birthday gift. Picked up 2010 World Cup today, and used the $10 gift card I got from it on FF1 on the PSP.

image030gm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back