The Official CAG April 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wiggyx']Dodgeme, I gotta start going shopping with you![/QUOTE]

Haha this has all been just to prepare me for yard sales. Hoping for a great summer. Honestly though I've been surprised how much I've found at this flea market considering I drove by it all the time not bothering to go.

[quote name='BladeZ']Where did you get those minions i have to have!![/QUOTE]

Toysrus, they are $40 each, they had a 25% off coupon that was running all last week but didn't notice until yesterday. I guess there is going to be a third one (Minion Tim) but I don't think it has been released yet.

Here's the usual stuff,
photo2th.jpg

Now this stuff I picked up today after going to a garage sale. The lady was cleaning out her son's "clutter" as she called it because he had too much stuff, and he's currently out of town, so she took the opportunity to hold a garage sale and dump her son's things into the garage sale too. There was a box marked $1, which was filled with mostly junk, but then I saw a stack of games next to the box and asked the lady how much the games were. She looked over at the box and saw it was marked $1, so I wasn't sure if she might have thought I just dug those out of the box or not, but she just told me she'd be willing to do $10 for everything. Needless to say I made out like a bandit for $10. ^__^
photodto.jpg

All complete with the exception of Totori, and Dynasty Warriors 7, Falling Stars, and Naruto are still sealed.

Huzzah! :3

[quote name='Squarehard']Here's the usual stuff,
photo2th.jpg

Now this stuff I picked up today after going to a garage sale. The lady was cleaning out her son's "clutter" as she called it because he had too much stuff, and he's currently out of town, so she took the opportunity to hold a garage sale and dump her son's things into the garage sale too. There was a box marked $1, which was filled with mostly junk, but then I saw a stack of games next to the box and asked the lady how much the games were. She looked over at the box and saw it was marked $1, so I wasn't sure if she might have thought I just dug those out of the box or not, but she just told me she'd be willing to do $10 for everything. Needless to say I made out like a bandit for $10. ^__^
photodto.jpg

All complete with the exception of Totori, and Dynasty Warriors 7, Falling Stars, and Naruto are still sealed.

Huzzah! :3[/QUOTE]

Someone's gonna be ticked when they get back;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Someone's gonna be ticked when they get back;)[/QUOTE]

I kinda felt bad because I knew the lady was going to get yelled at, but at the same time I couldn't pass it up. :*(

[quote name='Tsukento']Congrats. :D Got Season 2?[/QUOTE]

i have the limited editions for s2 from awd a couple months back.

[quote name='wiggyx']That dude's gonna be PISSED when he gets home! :p[/QUOTE]

One day your wife or gf will do the same to you and squarehead and some lucky punk is going to get a huge score. It's the cycle of collectibles.

Rather then getting some kids game with their name written in marker they'll get yours with some fancy cover art lol.

I can't imagine if it happened to squarehead. It would be the biggest anime lot found in the wild. Probably even bigger then little brick and mortar stores liquidating. His collection is big enough that IMO he shouldn't even be renting if he is. He should own or be in a mortgage. Other wise he is renting with a collection big enough for a down payment on a mortgage.

I'd also be scared to own that much stuff without insurance. I'd literally be scared evey time I'm away from my house unless you have insurance.

What's funny is I know some real situations like this. They say my wife or gf will never do that. Next thing their wife is giving away their stuff for free.

The only safe way is to be single living on your own and trust no one. Or trust some wife who will stab you in the back and divorce you years later. 50% chance btw.

[quote name='needler420']One day your wife or gf will do the same to you and squarehead and some lucky punk is going to get a huge score. It's the cycle of collectibles.

Rather then getting some kids game with their name written in marker they'll get yours with some fancy cover art lol.

I can't imagine if it happened to squarehead. It would be the biggest anime lot found in the wild. Probably even bigger then little brick and mortar stores liquidating.

What's funny is I know some real situations like this. They say my wife or gf will never do that. Next thing their wife is giving away their stuff for free.

The only safe way is to be single living on your own and trust no one. Or trust some wife who will stab you in the back and divorce you years later. 50% chance btw.[/QUOTE]

3pokvs.jpg

[quote name='needler420']One day your wife or gf will do the same to you and squarehead and some lucky punk is going to get a huge score. It's the cycle of collectibles.

I can't imagine if it happened to squarehead. It would be the biggest anime lot found in the wild. Probably even bigger then little brick and mortar stores liquidating. His collection is big enough that IMO he shouldn't even be renting if he is. He should own or be in a mortgage. Other wise he is renting with a collection big enough for a down payment on a mortgage.

I'd also be scared to own that much stuff without insurance. I'd literally be scared evey time I'm away from my house unless you have insurance.

The only safe way is to be single living on your own and trust no one. Or trust some wife who will stab you in the back and divorce you years later. 50% chance btw.[/QUOTE]

I will definitely shit an entire brick house if that ever happened, and will have divorce papers on my end ready in hand.

Luckily I am indeed, so I will be able to recoup some of it in the event anything like that happened, but personal property coverage may or may not even cover all of that collection since everything else in the house will dig in to that cost. :*(

But yeah, if anybody that I ever live with does that to me I'd be one sad panda. T____T

Been on a cruise for the past few days and am finally getting a chance to post some stuff I found during the travel time:

8686921225_d285d50033_z.jpg

I found these Wii Guitar Hero guitars at a thrift store in St. Robert. They ended up being $2 each so it was a nice deal.

8686918757_d3f7792f34_z.jpg

We were just about to the ship for boarding in Galveston. I saw this sale advertised and checked it out. Glad I did! They had tons of games but nothing stellar. I did manage to pick the following though:

Dungeon Siege III (360)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
Xenosaga Episode I (PS2)

They came out to supposed to be $15 but I talked her down to $7. Dungeon Seige came in handy later as you'll see...

8686917241_e64dfef0d2_z.jpg

This was a nice find at a Galveston EZ Pawn shop. I picked up:

Starfox 64 3D (3DS)
Disgea 3 (PS3)

I ended up talking her to $15 for the pair which was awesome. I went to another EZ Pawn later and found that the Starfox game was supposed to be a 'Premium Video Game' priced at $25 and it was marked $10 and Disgea came handy a little later...

8689326414_2a566cc9b3_z.jpg

This was a nice find at an EZ Pawn in Texas. It was tucked in the back of a display case and I had on of the workers pull it out. It turned out it was the Special Edition of Bioshock 2. Included in it was:

Outer Box
3 Bioshock 2 Posters
Sealed Soundtrack CD
Sealed Soundtrack Record
Bioshock 2 Artbook
Bioshock 2 Game

The kicker was that it was marked $19.99. They wouldn't budge on the price but I couldn't argue.

8686914123_14f828b7e8_z.jpg

This was the find I've been waiting for. While traveling to Galveston I used the GameStop app to try and find this at every store along the way. Finally, on the way back, it turned out that a store across the street where we had lunch in Huntsville, TX. They had literally gotten it in as this same store didn't have it when I had passed through earlier. I traded Dungeon Siege III on 360 and Disgaea 3 to bring the price to $40 for it. XENOBLADE!!!!

8686915649_155a7aa6d5_z.jpg

Picked up this game at a pawn shop in Springfield, MO. It was $5 and I ended up Klonoa for Wii. This was another game on my want list.

8688036844_b47a6175fb_z.jpg

Found this nice deal at a Red Racks in Springfield, MO. It's a wireless drum set for 360 for Guitar Hero. I ended up paying $5.98 for it but it will flip nicely.

You're going to die a sad, little lonely man.

Warning: It's pretty big.

BI6ARxbCUAAqWs9.jpg:large

332m3hc.jpg

2l2oau.jpg

xcjc7a.jpg

35lrivr.jpg

Resistance 3 (PS3)
Mario Tennis Open (3DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
El Shaddai (PS3)
Prince of Persia (PS3)
Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)
Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
Dead to Rights: Retribution (PS3)
Concentration (NES)
Mario Bros / Duck Hunt (NES)

Next time I'm gonna resize the pictures to even smaller.

[quote name='Thirdkoopa']Warning: It's pretty big.

BI6ARxbCUAAqWs9.jpg:large

332m3hc.jpg

2l2oau.jpg

xcjc7a.jpg

35lrivr.jpg

Resistance 3 (PS3)
Mario Tennis Open (3DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
El Shaddai (PS3)
Prince of Persia (PS3)
Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)
Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
Dead to Rights: Retribution (PS3)
Concentration (NES)
Mario Bros / Duck Hunt (NES)

Next time I'm gonna resize the pictures to even smaller.[/QUOTE]

you didn't include the prices:roll:

First up is Best Buy with Upgrade and Save, Reward Zone certificates, and gift cards:

20130429_201121-1.jpg

Who was the genius at FUNimation that decided all these Tenchi re-releases need to have this stupid purple bar mucking up all the cover art? Seriously, it looks worse than the Orange Boxes.

20130429_201203-1.jpg

From FYE, using the B2G1 for $1:

20130429_200843-1.jpg

Something seems wrong with Batman costing more than Ugly Yet Beautiful World.

xBojGJhl.jpg

This is pretty much all what I got this whole month. I got FFX and Xenosaga from DV8's Shoball. I did get FFX-2 also but my friend borrowed that the same day I received it in the mail. They were like 5-6 dollars each. Finally have more PS2 games making my collection consist of only 5 games so far haha :) . Soul Hackers was from Amazon I got it in the mail like 2 days after release.

Also I finally received my first Nintendo Force issue and from what I've read so far it's pretty good. Haven't been subscribed to a magazine since Nintendo Power, which was like 2 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']you didn't include the prices:roll:[/QUOTE]

Here for simplicity sakes:

Resistance 3 (PS3) 10
Mario Tennis Open (3DS) 30
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (3DS) 18
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) 40
El Shaddai (PS3) 11$
Prince of Persia (PS3) 3$
Street Fighter 4 (PS3) 4$
Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3) 17$
Persona 4 Arena (PS3) 27$
Dead to Rights: Retribution (PS3) like 10$
Concentration (NES) 3$
Mario Bros / Duck Hunt (NES) 3$
Wii Fit (Wii) - forgot to picture this, 1$
Some DDR game - like 5$

Thar ya go. Only special deals was that I bought P4Arena/DDD/Dead to Rights on a B2G1 and Resistance 3 and Mario Tennis Open from the best buy deal

Overall, this month I picked up 3 games. Usually I only buy a game every couple months, but with some of the sales that I came across...I had a hard time holding off.

Sleeping Dogs - $21 (amazon)
Tomb Raider - $39.99 (amazon)
Injustice - $43 (toysrus)

Roughly $100 for 3 games. Not too bad I don't think.

[quote name='GetWhatYaGive']Overall, this month I picked up 3 games. Usually I only buy a game every couple months, but with some of the sales that I came across...I had a hard time holding off.

Sleeping Dogs - $21 (amazon)
Tomb Raider - $39.99 (amazon)
Injustice - $43 (toysrus)

Roughly $100 for 3 games. Not too bad I don't think.[/QUOTE]
good choices , the new tomb raider is a goty for me, well worth it. I even bought the $70 amazon collectors edition price by pricematching at bestbuy. I really enjoy sleeping dogs as well. wasn't injustice $35 at toysrus this week?

[quote name='YBX87']good choices , the new tomb raider is a goty for me, well worth it. I even bought the $70 amazon collectors edition price by pricematching at bestbuy. I really enjoy sleeping dogs as well. wasn't injustice $35 at toysrus this week?[/QUOTE]

You are correct, with shipping and taxes it ended up being $43.

[quote name='GetWhatYaGive']You are correct, with shipping and taxes it ended up being $43.[/QUOTE]
you should of tried pricematching at bestbuy over the phone, would of saved you some money on shipping

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Last pick up for the month is Xenoblade for $53 and a classic wii controller.[/QUOTE]

how / where?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here my pick ups so far:

From Frys:
Dead space blu $2
City island $2
dante inferno $2

Amazon:
x2 rotor $54
x1 brake pads $28

from BB:
Red Dead GOTy ($15)
Bioshock PE ($49.99 pricematch Fry)
night and day dvd (use to get by with game guides)

found today at BB:

Call of duty MW3 CE
Diablo 3 ce
assassin creed revelations CE
resident evil archives 2 (Not CE. Paperback)
red dead redemption game of the year CE

Most BB tell me no, but got lucky and they let me have it. Overheard the chick telling a employee to pull the rest.
Are any these got worth anything? I know red dead is, but I dont know why. Is red dead rare to find or something?

Asked the girl at Gamestop if she had any sealed copies, she gave me the limited edition you got with a pre-order.

img4587cv.jpg

Luigis Mansion and Lego City from Kmart.com- I think I only paid around $40 for both because they matched my rewards points and I got like $29 back.

500GB HDD also from Kmart.com- $53

Paper Mario from Gamefly sale- $14 after credit

FarCry3 from Goodwill- $5

Pandoras Tower- free after Amazon credit

3DSXL from Walmart- $218

Nano Assualt Neo, Trine 2, Zen Pinball 2 with most of the tables from Eshop- my $50 Nintendo card I forgot I even put on my account

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Last pick up for the month is Xenoblade for $53 and a classic wii controller.[/QUOTE]

Congrats I just got my copy this month too :)

[quote name='Kovorkian']how / where?[/QUOTE]

Was just randomly searching on Gamestop and saw that a store had a copy. I decided to just drive there and see if they had it. Low and behold they did. So that' how I got it for $53 + tax with edge card since norm is what $59.99. Not too bad since there was only one smudge on the whole disc. Quickly cleaned that up but it's pretty much good as new.

Well I ended this months Pickups on a good note!

A friend of mine called me up a couple weeks ago and asked if I still collected game stuff. I told him yes and he said he had some things for me. Turned out he joined the Navy and was going to just throw away a bunch of stuff. He instead saved it for me and this is what I ended up with:

8697542310_1a261bacf5_z.jpg

PS3 Drums (wired)
PS3 Guitar (no Dongle)
Darth Vader Helmet with voice changer

8696422063_8a034c3d36_z.jpg

Guild Wars
Universal Combat
F.E.A.R.
Mechwarrior
Half-Life 2
Morrowind GOTY
Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines
Star Wars Galaxies Starter Set
Empire Earth Gold Edition
City of Villian
Civilization IV
Civilization III Complete
Half-Life 2 Episode 1
Black and White 2
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth
Sim-City
Morrowind

8697547020_c451b5675f_z.jpg

World of Warcraft Battle Chest (PC)
Bloody Roar 3 (PS2)
Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3)
Descent (PS)
Evil Zone (PS)
Re-Volt (PS)
Beyond the Beyond (PS)
Gunship (PS)
Wing Commander III (PS)
007 The World is Not Enough (PS)
Hoshigami (PS)
King's Field II (PS)
Dragonball Z Final Bout (J) (PS)
Grand Theft Auto (PS)
Roadsters (PS)
Armored Core: Master of Arena (PS)
Metal Gear Solid (PS)
Rage Racer (PS)
Gran Turismo (PS)
PSP & PS3 Manuals

8696426283_ced5f5f443_z.jpg

PSP Earbuds
SNES Super Advantage
Componet 4 channel selector
USB Zip Drive
Wing Commander Prophecy (PC)
Black & White (PC)
Big Game Hunter II (PC)
Hardwar (PC)
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II (PC)
Janes USNF '97 (PC)
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (PC)
S.W.A.T (PC)
System Shock 2 (PC)
Gamefest Star Trek Collection (PC)
Star Trek Ship Creator (PC)
Half-Life (PC)

8697551348_cfba6e90cd_z.jpg

Star Fox (SNES)
Super Battleship (SNES)
PS-X-Change Version 2 (disc only)

Wow nice haul! Just a heads up, Battle for Middle Earth sells for a pretty penny (sold my copy for $50 or a few months back). Not sure why, but certain PC titles are holding their value insanely well.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Wow nice haul! Just a heads up, Battle for Middle Earth sells for a pretty penny (sold my copy for $50 or a few months back). Not sure why, but certain PC titles are holding their value insanely well.[/QUOTE]

I really have no clue as to the worth of PC games but I just thought it was cool that he held all that stuff for me instead of throwing it away. If there is anything worth flipping let me know.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Wow nice haul! Just a heads up, Battle for Middle Earth sells for a pretty penny (sold my copy for $50 or a few months back). Not sure why, but certain PC titles are holding their value insanely well.[/QUOTE]

I remember buying BFME I and II for $10 each. I still have them but the case for II is messed up. :lol: Loved them to death. I wish a III would come out though. :(

My friend also has I and II, plus expansion pack. I'll probably go ask him for it.

My neighbor down the hall was moving out today and didn't feel like lugging his bedroom HDTV down to the car. Thus, I've got a free Philips 32" LCD tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back