The Official CAG April 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ShogunNage']
DSC01294_zps1e31e9a5.jpg

DSC01297_zpsa48e5787.jpg

DSC01292_zps564b9e56.jpg

it was my birthday last week so not pictured is gift cards and a new computer chair[/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday!

I think this is the first time I've seen books as a pick up:applause:

20130424_194010-1.jpg

Got Wario and the two Kyurem yesterday, Sailor Moon came in the mail. Typical gashopon quality, but Sailor Mercury's legs don't go all the way into her torso, so her skirt looks half as short as normal...especially in back.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']
20130424_092748_zps71bf910b.jpg

Nothing super exciting.[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting EO4 for a while now. Did they do anything with the missing manual? Is there one included in yours?

[quote name='DNukem170']
20130424_194010-1.jpg

Got Wario and the two Kyurem yesterday, Sailor Moon came in the mail. Typical gashopon quality, but Sailor Mercury's legs don't go all the way into her torso, so her skirt looks half as short as normal...especially in back.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the B/W Kyurems at? They look awesome.

[quote name='diazt350']I've been wanting EO4 for a while now. Did they do anything with the missing manual? Is there one included in yours?[/QUOTE]

What missing manual?

[quote name='diazt350']Where did you get the B/W Kyurems at? They look awesome.[/QUOTE]

The newest TCG card packs. This one has 4 packs and a holo foil of the specific Kyurem. Managed to get a White Kyurem EX and holo Team Plasma's Weezing card. Took advantage of TRU's B1G1 40% off deal.

[quote name='diazt350']I've been wanting EO4 for a while now. Did they do anything with the missing manual? Is there one included in yours?[/QUOTE]
The manual's not in the case. It's a digital manual on the game itself that you open via the 3DS menu.

[quote name='misterpiggybank']I find it pretty exciting you found a used copy of Brave Story that has a case :applause:[/QUOTE]

That's actually a second copy for me, but I was amazed myself they had a CIB one and couldn't pass it up. If anyone here happens to want it for cost + shipping, let me know.

[quote name='elessar123']What missing manual?[/QUOTE]

When it was released the was reports that it didn't even ship with a manual of a sort it just had those old DS Safety and Health booklets.

[quote name='DNukem170']The newest TCG card packs. This one has 4 packs and a holo foil of the specific Kyurem. Managed to get a White Kyurem EX and holo Team Plasma's Weezing card. Took advantage of TRU's B1G1 40% off deal.[/QUOTE]

Might pick some up for them then. Haven't played and been up to date with the TCG for over half a year now. I'd love the feeling of getting a rare holo or ex from a pack.

Just a couple of Genesis games tonight. Stopped at the local game store and picked these up for $10 a piece which is a tad high but I have been looking for them. The games are Air Buster and Arcus Odyssey

T40qNRJ.jpg

Slowly working my way toward having all the Genesis shmups.

[quote name='DNukem170']From Five Below:

20130425_154248-1.jpg

From Best Buy:

20130425_180424-1.jpg

20130425_180459-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

how much were the coraline and smallville blu rays.

Genesis SHMUPS are so grand!

So I'm nearing "completion" of my N64 collection. By completion I mean all the titles on my must have list. Kirby, bomberman, bomberman hero, pokemon stadium 2, starcraft, and iggy's recking balls came in recently, and a couple more are on their way from ol' eBay. What's left?

Bomberman 64 2
Gauntlet legends
Dr Mario
Ogre Battle
Turok 3

I'm pretty amped considering the only two pricey titles are bomberman and ogre battle. I'll still pick up games here and there for the system, but those are the only titles which remain that I'm actively hunting for. Will feel so good to scratch at least one system off my list :D

Some recent pickups:

0000011zt.jpg

3DS XL and a bunch of games. I've never owned a DS, so I've got a lot of catching up to do! (Wouldn't mind some recommendations)

0000013o.jpg

0000012a.jpg

[quote name='shawnmelo']how much were the coraline and smallville blu rays.[/QUOTE]

Coraline, being from Five Below, was $5. Smallville was on sale for $20, but used an Upgrade & Save coupon to get it for $15 each.

[quote name='anime5ever']were did you find those gundam games?[/QUOTE]
Bought both of them on ebay. Lost War Chronicle is relatively inexpensive, but Senshitachi no Kiseki set me back quite a bit.

[quote name='NoRainNoRainbow']Bought both of them on ebay. Lost War Chronicle is relatively inexpensive, but Senshitachi no Kiseki set me back quite a bit.[/QUOTE]
thanx.

[quote name='DNukem170']Coraline, being from Five Below, was $5. Smallville was on sale for $20, but used an Upgrade & Save coupon to get it for $15 each.[/QUOTE]

i figured coraline was $5 lol but had to ask anyway just in case there was a sale. Smallville I will be picking up tomorrow since you say they are on sale and as much as that show took a sharp decline the last few seasons i still loved it.

Got this on eBay for a steal only £10.50 with free delivery! Still £20 and over in stores. I don't actually have a 3D player I just wanted it for the seven hours of behind the scenes! Ridley Scott movies always have really good BTS I find.

[quote name='diazt350']When it was released the was reports that it didn't even ship with a manual of a sort it just had those old DS Safety and Health booklets.[/QUOTE]
As I said - it's not that it was missing a manual, but rather it was never given a physical one. The manual is included on the game digitally and can be accessed via the 3DS menu.

On another note, my newest additions!
2vlt9jr.jpg

All three Zeta Gundam movies. It was either pay $45 for the bundle with a carboard box holding them together, or I pay $35 for the singles. Went with the singles. Getting really close to owning all the Bandai DVDs/Blu-rays I want.

Also bought Mega Man 4 on the 3DS' Virtual Console and Poker Night at the Inventory 2 on Steam.

By far my best video game find in a long time.

Was visiting family, and stopped by a thrift store on my way back.

Glad I stopped by because I picked this up for $5,
photo1kvz.jpg

photo2zof.jpg

photo3imi.jpg

photo4crf.jpg

The box is a little creased on the top because they basically had a stack of xbox games on top of it in the display case, but I don't really care. ^___^

[quote name='DCpinoy']nice pick up Squarehard! was that your only pickup?[/QUOTE]

For today, yes. The other stuff I'm still waiting to arrive. ;D

Got this in the mail:

20130426_181103-1.jpg

Pretty Guardian is obviously a Chinese bootleg, but the lot was only $20, so it was worth it.

From MovieStop, which I visited on a whim today:

20130426_181151-1.jpg

Rideback didn't have the keychain, but it was cheap enough that I can still make back my money on eBay.

Normally, I take the price tags off before taking pictures, but you might not believe this deal if I had:

20130426_181419-1.jpg

Best part: Volumes 4 and 5 were free. And all of them had their inserts.

[quote name='DNukem170']Got this in the mail:

20130426_181103-1.jpg

Pretty Guardian is obviously a Chinese bootleg, but the lot was only $20, so it was worth it.

From MovieStop, which I visited on a whim today:

20130426_181151-1.jpg

Rideback didn't have the keychain, but it was cheap enough that I can still make back my money on eBay.

Normally, I take the price tags off before taking pictures, but you might not believe this deal if I had:

20130426_181419-1.jpg

Best part: Volumes 4 and 5 were free. And all of them had their inserts.[/QUOTE]

Man, wish I could find Lucky Star for that price. Awesome pick-up:applause:

[quote name='Squarehard']For today, yes. The other stuff I'm still waiting to arrive. ;D[/QUOTE]

nice! now the question is, are you actually gonna open it.

Here are some of my pick ups some from ebay and others from local stores ( Gamestop, Bestbuy, goodwill)
I didn't know they had a version of Catherine that came with an artbook sound cd, do you guys think I should keep it sealed?

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

[quote name='daver16']Here are some of my pick ups some from ebay and others from local stores ( Gamestop, Bestbuy, goodwill)
I didn't know they had a version of Catherine that came with an artbook sound cd, do you guys think I should keep it sealed?

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think that was for all first run copies, at least thats what I remember from watching a developer unboxing. I don't think it's super valuable, but probably worth checking before you open it just in case;)

These are this weeks pickups for me.

Picked up Tomb Raider from Warehouse Deals. Said there was a gash and missing case. But came sealed, with artbook with only the outer sleeve torn. Could really care less about the sleeve, so don't care too much.

Dishonored came in a trade the other day from Reddit.

And I hate Gamestop for not keeping DS cases, but oh well. Was up in Lycoming, and picked up Rune Factory, Rune Factory 2, Rune Factory 3, and SMT Strange Journey!

All for a pretty decent price :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='3GSid']These are this weeks pickups for me.

Picked up Tomb Raider from Warehouse Deals. Said there was a gash and missing case. But came sealed, with artbook with only the outer sleeve torn. Happy on that.

Dishonored came in a trade, and by far my most happy pickups.

I hate Gamestop for not keeping DS cases, but oh well. Was up in Lycoming, and picked up Rune Factory, Rune Factory 2, Rune Factory 3, and SMT Strange Journey!

All for a pretty decent price :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Well, there goes me finding anything tomorrow >.>

I check this thread every day in order to be jealous of everyone. I'm not about to make anyone else jealous, but I figured I'd show what I've picked up throughout the month :D

7RmC9wn.jpg

Child of Eden from GS 50% off sale (Also picked up BFBC2), Doom 3 BFG from Best Buy, Bioshock from GS using a bunch of credit, LA Noire Complete from Target for $20, and ME/ME3 CE from Amazon.

lSUpdIg.jpg

I'm not much into comics, but I'm a huge Coheed & Cambria fan, so I picked up these from Amazon, too. Some Halo books are floating out in UPS-land somewhere on their way to me, as well.

This came in the mail today and thursday. Cross X Edge, Last Rebellion, and Resonance of Fate came from Best Buy. Took advantage of the B2G1 sale on used games. Only $14 after Certs.

Eternal Sonata and Hyperdimension were from AWD. They were $10-11 and $21 respectively. Hyperdimension is the PAL Version, but I don't mind; it's much cheaper than the NTSC release. I would've waited for another price drop but didn't want to risk it.

All came in complete cept for Resonance of Fate. I need to go get the manual and artwork for that. All in all, I thought it was a good pickup. :D

Found a Pokemon HeartGold while trolling for clearance deals at Sears... $19.97 clearance. Sells for $50 and up online. Box is in great condition. Think I will hold onto it though...

[quote name='Olengie']

This came in the mail today and thursday. Cross X Edge, Last Rebellion, and Resonance of Fate came from Best Buy. Took advantage of the B2G1 sale on used games. Only $14 after Certs.

Eternal Sonata and Hyperdimension were from AWD. They were $10-11 and $21 respectively. Hyperdimension is the PAL Version, but I don't mind; it's much cheaper than the NTSC release. I would've waited for another price drop but didn't want to risk it.

All came in complete cept for Resonance of Fate. I need to go get the manual and artwork for that. All in all, I thought it was a good pickup. :D[/QUOTE]

I have Eternal Sonata sitting in my backlog. Really want to play it, but am so intimidated by long RPGs these days. Played for over an hour and still hadn't had one achievement pop, tells me I'm in for a long haul. It was really fun for the amount I played though, and the art is fabulous:applause:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I have Eternal Sonata sitting in my backlog. Really want to play it, but am so intimidated by long RPGs these days. Played for over an hour and still hadn't had one achievement pop, tells me I'm in for a long haul. It was really fun for the amount I played though, and the art is fabulous:applause:[/QUOTE]

I played the Demo a long time ago and I really enjoyed it. Finally got it so I could play it someday. Hopefully soon. Haha. If you want a long game, there is Infinite Undiscovery. Have yet to beat it, and it's been 2ish years. But blame my general laziness. Hahah.

Okay I have a lot of pickups in the past two weeks.

Gamecube with one controller and Need For Speed Underground 2 -$5 (flea market)
Two wavebird receivers -$10 (flea market)
Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio Future -$3 (flea market)
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X -$3 (flea market)
Pokemon Heart gold/soul silver guide -$.50 (yard sale)
Super Nintedno 3rd party controller -$4 (yard sale)
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 -$2 (yard sale)
Flo Rida CD -$1 (yard sale)
img1523g.jpg
Replacement Blu Ray Drive for my ps3 slim- $70 (ebay)
img1524n.JPG
GT bike -$40 (craigslist)
img1532mo.jpg
Fat PSP with two chargers and headphone controller. Has some pixel issues, but still works. A little beat up. -$25(craigslist)
Resistance Retribution -$4 (local game store)
Xbox Action Replay (going to mod my xbox) -$18 (ebay)
80gb IDE hard drive (for my xbox) -$10 (flea market)
img1564p.jpg

Ok now, here is the big pickup of the day. All these games for $20 at the flea market. Notables: Mega Man Legends, Valkyrie Profiles, Metal Gear Solid, Jade Cocoon, and Legend of Dragoon.

img1570br.jpg

img1569z.jpg

img1568lp.jpg

img1567xt.jpg

img1566la.jpg

img1565u.jpg

[quote name='shawnmelo']
RqQJ293.jpg

won this in an ebay auction this week for $36 which is pretty damn good since this is oop.[/QUOTE]
Congrats. :D Got Season 2?

20130428_110442_zpsbb5ab660.jpg

Code of Princess from an obscenely helpful Gamestop employee who had a sealed CIB one shipped from another store for $30 and the GBC from a CAG lowball for $23! He had it listed as Good, but the box is absolutely flawless and the system doesn't have anything major on it.

20130428_105808_zpsf134646d.jpg

I went yard saling with a friend and found the PS2 with Logitech wireless controller for $20, and Animal Crossing for $3. Unfortunately AC is missing the memory card.

20130428_105828_zps8a3bd2fb.jpg

I found this for $40 - way more than I typically spend on a single item at a yard sale. I thought originally it was the model indicated on the box, and thus worth a lot more, but still not a bad pickup for the price.

Well another sunday meant another trip to the local Flea Market. Seem to be able to walk away with something every time I go. Everything pictured below I spent about $50 on. A bit more then I'd like to spend usually but hate to walk away with nothing.

First stop before I went inside, checked out all the outside vendors and managed to find this GBA in a box for $5, cheap enough to buy in my opinion. Didn't really want to get back into handheld collection but figured I may as well grab a few games for it so I looked around inside and found F-Zero and Gunstar Heroes CIB.
FRcXgQr.jpg

From the same guy I got the GBA games at I also took a look through his Genesis games again, this has been where I've been getting them the last few weeks. Pretty much cleaned him out at this point but managed to get these today.
Ghouls and Ghosts
Strider
Steel Empire
Exo Squad
Shining in the Darkness
Asterix and the Great Escape
I3W8qOc.jpg

Not a bad day and can't wait to go again next Sunday and take a better look at his GBA games and see if there is anything else good hidden in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back