The Official CAG April 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wiggyx']Dude, my brain is pudding. Had a baby yesterday. The past 6 days has been a blur. My bad.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations:applause:

But you should probably stop pulling glass out of virtual children, and spend some time with your own ;) Gotta start early on reboxing training:bouncy:

Thanks!

I haven't seen much of anyting besides hospital wallpaper for about week now and phone calls, texts, and occasional web surfing have been steadily killing my phone's battery about 2-3 times a day :/ I'm so effing beat. Need to eat some frosted mini wheats and go to bed.

kornvBg.jpg

Did pretty good on ebay with this one. Took an extreme chance on a listed as untested Sega Nomad. I knew from the past a lot of trouble with them comes from the ac port. Sure enough I got this one and if you moved the ac adapter enough it powered on. Biggest problem came from some dumb tard that managed to strip a security bit screw....... had to drill out around it so that hole is no good for a screw anymore. Best part of all the Nomad only cost me $29.50 shipped. Next up for it will probably be a new screen but that will come when I feel ambitious. Now to make or find a battery pack for this thing..... would love to bring it to college with me.

GgmLeIu.jpg

I also got this stuff in today. Haven't tested the Gamecube games yet their all from Gamestops 75% gamecube games and Gears of War Judgement is free thanks to the Lipton Brisk contest. Don't really want it though so up for trade it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been buying Nomads left and right lately ;)

Love how easy it is to pretty much permanently fix the AC port. Dab o' solder, blob o' silicone/hot melt. Done!

Good find!

[quote name='wiggyx']I've been buying Nomads left and right lately ;)

Love how easy it is to pretty much permanently fix the AC port. Dab o' solder, blob o' silicone/hot melt. Done!

Good find![/QUOTE]

Do Nomads use Genesis power adapters or do they have their own specific one?

[quote name='wiggyx']Dude, my brain is pudding. Had a baby yesterday. The past 6 days has been a blur. My bad.[/QUOTE]

Congrats Wiggy! That baby is gonna have one awesome video game dad.

Congrats, was it a boy or a girl?

Got these this week
DSC00511_zps669b05d3.jpg

Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll cd, sorta wished it was in a regular cd case and not just cardboard. I'm enjoying it tho.
Valkyria Chronicles 3 Artbook, very very nice...

DSC00513_zps3e186367.jpg

My sis got a house recently and needed some ethernet wires throughout some of her rooms. So its gonna be fun little side project for me.
Wall plates
Ethernet keystones
Covers for the wall plates
Modular plugs
Crimping tool

Forgot whoever mentioned the anime Baka & Test and a little discussion started. Just wanted to say thanks, found it on netflix and its a pretty funny anime.

[quote name='wiggyx']Boy, and his name is Oscar :)[/QUOTE]

Really hope you named him after Oscar the Brazilian Soccer Stud who plays for my beloved Chelsea FC and not Oscar the Grouch of Sesame St fame.

Also this talk of Nomads makes me want to find mine. Pretty sure I still have it...somewhere.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']
My sis got a house recently and needed some ethernet wires throughout some of her rooms. So its gonna be fun little side project for me.
Wall plates
Ethernet keystones
Modular plugs
Crimping tool

.[/QUOTE]

no punch down?

[quote name='kilik64']Really hope you named him after Oscar the Brazilian Soccer Stud who plays for my beloved Chelsea FC and not Oscar the Grouch of Sesame St fame.

Also this talk of Nomads makes me want to find mine. Pretty sure I still have it...somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I love having a nomad. Had one in the past but it broke. Just gotta find a battery/make one. Would love to go portable with it.

Got the urge to pick up some PS1 games and Xbox 1 stuff and it all went horribly wrong (read: right.) I haven't been a proper "collector" in about 7 years b/c of school, but now i'm bored.

5S0JQqz.jpg

--Pink DSi - sears clearance for $45
--Vita A/C - same, for $3
--New Xbox-S - $10 at local store
--The Xbox-S goes with the modded Xbox with 120gb HDD I got off Craigslist for $55 (not pictured...too heavy to move without a forklift)
--Hori EX2 controller for the 360 on the right - excellent d-pad for those who like cross-style over saturn style
--Blade Runner by William Burroughs somehow made it in the pic, but yeah, i bought that too (fun fact: the movie Blade Runner got its name from the Burroughs book, which was a supposed screenplay for another book called Blade Runner, but the movie Blade Runner is based on Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep, by philip k dick. got all that?)

F5Wk6mY.png

Here's where the fun starts!
--Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (GH) -$15
--CV: Portrait of Ruin - $12
--Slim case games: Gekido, Crusader: No Remorse, and Battle Arena Toshinden 2 - $1 to $2 each
--Valkyrie Profile - mint/complete - $68
--Intelligent Qube - mint/complete - $40
--Silhouette Mirage - mint/complete - $18
--Tekken 3 - non-gh - m/c - $3
--DDR: Konamix - non-gh m/c - $1
--Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi - m/c $5
--Soul of the Samurai - $6
--Tenchu 1 + 2 - $10
--Fear Effect 1 - m/c - $5
--Kagero: Deception 2 - m/c - $5
--Killing Zone - $3
--Project Overkill - $3
--Tomorrow Never Dies - $2
--Rival Schools - m/c - $28

all bought from various places - ebay, amazon, people on other forums, local used media shops, half price books.

Not pictured but on the way--
--Ehrgeiz - m/c - $25
--Tobal 1 - m/c - $14
--Einhander - m/c - $40

special thanks to the Neogaf PS1 appreciation thread for spurring this binge. I bought Star Wars and Killing Zone b/c kusoge is great

Now to go play...guess which one...
Resident Evil 4 on the ps3 after putting all these up on my shelf. Good to be a collector again :applause:

[quote name='ZerotypeX']
[/IMG]
Wall plates
Ethernet keystones
Modular plugs
Crimping tool
[/QUOTE]

Why so much Ethernet? Buy a repeater, place it near the last known good spot of the wifi signal, and it will increase the range by half in that direction.

Ethernet is so stone age, haha.

[quote name='shawnmelo']
my only pick up :cry:[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, One Piece is frickin' amazing. But now you've reminded me that I'm two volumes behind.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this series ends with 100+ volumes.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Don't feel bad, One Piece is frickin' amazing. But now you've reminded me that I'm two volumes behind.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this series ends with 100+ volumes.[/QUOTE]

I only have the first 27 volumes and the one in this one in the pic because it was only $6 on amazon. Im a little sad because usually my pick ups are a lot more and yes one piece is epic.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Don't feel bad, One Piece is frickin' amazing. But now you've reminded me that I'm two volumes behind.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this series ends with 100+ volumes.[/QUOTE]

this is kinda what I hate about anime. There are so many great shows, but they go on/have been going on so long, that I have no clue where to begin.

I mean, when will I ever catch up on 100+ volumes:whee:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']this is kinda what I hate about anime. There are so many great shows, but they go on/have been going on so long, that I have no clue where to begin.

I mean, when will I ever catch up on 100+ volumes:whee:[/QUOTE]

not every anime/manga is that long but when its really good like one piece you will just keep on watching.

[quote name='shawnmelo']not every anime/manga is that long but when its really good like one piece you will just keep on watching.[/QUOTE]

obviously not, in fact it's usually my favorites that get canned in 1-2 seasons (RIP School Rumble:cry:)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']obviously not, in fact it's usually my favorites that get canned in 1-2 seasons (RIP School Rumble:cry:)[/QUOTE]

yeah most stuff is only 1-2 seasons but i always just continue the manga.

[quote name='elessar123']Wireless is slow.[/QUOTE]

Errr... What? Lol

I am sorry but LTE on phones are faster than most homes Internet speeds.

Anyway, you may also want to look into the new routers that are available. Wireless is slow if your using old technology. ;)

I used to love One Piece, but eventually stopped paying much attention to it. Then Shonen Jump skipped to Impel Down and I couldn't tell WTF was going on by the time Whitebeard made the scene. Haven't really kept up with it since and have no real desire to go back.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Errr... What? Lol

I am sorry but LTE on phones are faster than most homes Internet speeds.

Anyway, you may also want to look into the new routers that are available. Wireless is slow if your using old technology. ;)[/QUOTE]

Wireless N600, I get a little over 2 MB/s, versus 125 MB/s on gigabit. So yes, slow.

Edit: Ok, 117 MB/s on gigabit.

[quote name='DNukem170']I used to love One Piece, but eventually stopped paying much attention to it. Then Shonen Jump skipped to Impel Down and I couldn't tell WTF was going on by the time Whitebeard made the scene. Haven't really kept up with it since and have no real desire to go back.[/QUOTE]

wow marineford and saboady were 2 of the best arcs in one piece. i would say go back and read marineford it was epic when whitebeard appeared trust me.

[quote name='elessar123']Wireless N600, I get a little over 2 MB/s, versus 125 MB/s on gigabit. So yes, slow.

Edit: Ok, 117 MB/s on gigabit.[/QUOTE]

Then your doing something wrong... And by the way it is mbps not MBps.

Your wireless receiver must either be old, or you have screwed up settings. Even when I used old wireless stuff back in the day, I got 50mbps. That was back when it was a/b only.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Then your doing something wrong... And by the way it is mbps not MBps.

Your wireless receiver must either be old, or you have screwed up settings. Even when I used old wireless stuff back in the day, I got 50mbps. That was back when it was a/b only.[/QUOTE]

No, it's MBps. And there's no way you got 50 mbps on a/b/g, because the real limit is something like 18 mbps per direction, if you have one and only one thing connected.

[quote name='elessar123']No, it's MBps. And there's no way you got 50 mbps on a/b/g, because the real limit is something like 18 mbps per direction, if you have one and only one thing connected.[/QUOTE]

Ok, you seem to be confused on how your connection strength is truly rated.

Your connection is rated by Megabits (Mb - correction from my previous post), NOT MegaBytes (MB). Capitalization makes a world of difference. And no, I did have a 50Mbps connection with my a/b/g connection back in the day (cap back then was 54Mbps).

Anyway, you must have been talking download / upload speed then. In which case, your still doing it wrong, and besides N isn't the best anymore, unfortunately.

Honestly tho I think it comes down to whatever you are using to receive the signal rather than transmitting if your only getting a 2Mbps connection rate.

Sigh. Last post on this from me.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Ok, you seem to be confused on how your connection strength is truly rated.
[/QUOTE]

No I'm not. Look at what I said for gigabit.

[quote name='StryderOmega']And no, I did have a 50Mbps connection with my a/b/g connection back in the day (cap back then was 54Mbps).
[/QUOTE]

No you didn't. First, you said back on a/b. 802.11b real speeds cap at around 2-3 mbps, which is a measly 0.25-0.375 MBps.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Anyway, you must have been talking download / upload speed then. In which case, your still doing it wrong, and besides N isn't the best anymore, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

That just sounds like you're realizing you're wrong, not me. Wireless N is still the de facto leader, because 802.11ac is not finalized.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Honestly tho I think it comes down to whatever you are using to receive the signal rather than transmitting if your only getting a 2Mbps connection rate.[/QUOTE]

Once again, I didn't typo. I didn't say 2Mbps. You chose to read it that way. 802.11n has a THEORETICAL maximum of 300 mbps on 2.4 GHz. Real world speeds is a maximum of like 100 mbps for the best equipment, and closer to 50 mbps for consumer products. This is also only true if and only if you have only one device connected.

As I'm typing this, I'm wondering "who the fuck cares?"

20130419002612.jpg

From Craigslist. Only really wanted the Rock Band guitar, but the guy didn't want to split it up. For $15, I think it was a decent deal, and brings me one step closer to moving all my rock band stuff from wii to 360;)

[quote name='StryderOmega']Why so much Ethernet? Buy a repeater, place it near the last known good spot of the wifi signal, and it will increase the range by half in that direction.

Ethernet is so stone age, haha.[/QUOTE]

We find wired to be more reliable than wireless, especially since she streams a lot of tv shows.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']
20130419002612.jpg

From Craigslist. Only really wanted the Rock Band guitar, but the guy didn't want to split it up. For $15, I think it was a decent deal, and brings me one step closer to moving all my rock band stuff from wii to 360;)[/QUOTE]

Nice pick up. I love the strum on the Xplorer I do way better on songs with that but the buttons on the strat are way better haha.

Since you guys are arguing about wireless and stuff.

Which kind of wireless router would you recommend?
I'm looking for a new once since my current one which is a like a $30 Belkin router doesn't even connect to my phone unless I'm in the same room. My house isn't even big either.

I have been very pleased with my D-Link, but I don't have as much to add to the conversation as some of the rest of you seem to... lol

My newest D-link had good ratings on Cnet, but I sort of hate it as it randomly decides that it won't go to certain, obscure sites like Yahoo mail, and some place called google ???

Not often, but once a month or so I have to restart it so I can back to those really niche sites that are really of no importance.

[quote name='wiggyx']15 bucks. Having fun pulling giant shards of glass out of small children :p[/QUOTE]
Inserting the glass is the truly fun part!

I've been there; it happens. But don't worry, it only lasts for the rest of your life. My son is almost 3 now and I can feel myself getting dumber by the week. Congrats, by the way!

[quote name='Seraphinianus']Got the urge to pick up some PS1 games and Xbox 1 stuff and it all went horribly wrong (read: right.) I haven't been a proper "collector" in about 7 years b/c of school, but now i'm bored.[/QUOTE]
Have you played Gekido? If so, is there a level with waves or rising water levels or some such? For years, I've been trying to remember a fighting game that came out for either N64 or PS1. The only thing I can remember about it is that the commercial or preview I saw showed a small group of characters fighting each other while trying to escape a flood or tidal wave. I wanted it so bad back then, but I can't remember what the hell it was. I do remember it having a one-word Japanese title like Gekido, though.

[quote name='diazt350']Which kind of wireless router would you recommend?
I'm looking for a new once since my current one which is a like a $30 Belkin router doesn't even connect to my phone unless I'm in the same room. My house isn't even big either.[/QUOTE]
For a few years now, I've been using a $40 Belkin router and I have no complaints. I can connect to it from anywhere on our property...down the street as well. Sounds like you should've spent 10 more dollars!

[quote name='ZombieToast']
I've been there; it happens. But don't worry, it only lasts for the rest of your life. My son is almost 3 now and I can feel myself getting dumber by the week. Congrats, by the way!![/QUOTE]

I bet it does!

Thanks man! We're really looking forward to bringing the little booger home :)

I imagine that by 3 that he'll be smarter than me and putting me in my place. I'll probably need to be put into a retirement home by 40 :p

[quote name='diazt350']
Which kind of wireless router would you recommend?
I'm looking for a new once since my current one which is a like a $30 Belkin router doesn't even connect to my phone unless I'm in the same room. My house isn't even big either.[/QUOTE]

I use an Netgear N600, and it works pretty well. Also has support for 5.6Ghz mode, and only cost about $70 or so a couple years ago (so should be cheaper now).

[quote name='ZombieToast']

Have you played Gekido? If so, is there a level with waves or rising water levels or some such? For years, I've been trying to remember a fighting game that came out for either N64 or PS1. The only thing I can remember about it is that the commercial or preview I saw showed a small group of characters fighting each other while trying to escape a flood or tidal wave. I wanted it so bad back then, but I can't remember what the hell it was. I do remember it having a one-word Japanese title like Gekido, though.
[/QUOTE]

i only played one level last night (it actually seems like a decent brawler.) but a quick google search says there is a flood stage in the game.

Built my house a few years ago and wired it with ethernet.

Its faster (dont care what you say about wireless, its not as consistent fast as Gigabit), more secure, and not everything comes with wifi (such as bluray players).

Also all of this speed talk is nonsense anwyays, even g wifi is fast enough to stream HD video, the only time gigabit or really fast wifi even matter is when you are transferring large files over a network, and how often does one do that?

[quote name='elessar123']
2013-04-19_12-13-22_326_zps22794fa3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to judge, but if I was a girl walking into your place, and saw that...might be just a tad weird.

But hey, I guess some people dig that kind of thing;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm not trying to judge, but if I was a girl walking into your place, and saw that...might be just a tad weird.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it would be weird if you were a girl. And walked into my place. I'd probably call the cops.

[quote name='elessar123'][/QUOTE]

Nice, Kuroneko is cool!
I have a ton of figures (for her I think I have the kotobukiy one, maybe others, and the figma/nendoroid), but generally avoid the swimsuits ones. Just think they are cuter with clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back