The Official CAG April 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']They were still going for a pretty penny before the show started. Saw a few sets 1-99 or higher go for around $2000 maybe the last 6 months. Usually go for 3-4. I was thinking about buying one and then selling the key issues then the rest as a lot and keep #1. I'd make most or all my money back, so one would be free... Just would be a lot of work.

Oh yeah, they are also having a variant of number 1 for each Wizard Con this year. Portland was Michael Golden, St Louis was Arthur Suydam. Go for around. $30-60 each on eBay. The other variant cover artists haven't been announced yet.[/QUOTE]

Haha funny that you mention that. I worked at St Louis Wizard Con and ended up buying a TWD #1 Variant from an attendee since vendors weren't given one. Ended up buying it off a lady for 20 bucks.

Went bouncing around between the flea market, Goodwill and Salvation Army. Unfortunately, the weather got really bad, so I only managed to pick this up from the flea market for $10:

9u6ov4.jpg

I went through three different Goodwill stores and neither had anything worth getting, which really drove me up a wall. None of them had any games, let alone DVDs or even PC games. Salvation Army was my last hope. I managed to come away with this for $3 total:

25i9jrm.jpg

20130414_155910_zps5bb8ceab.jpg

Pretty sure I'm just going to hang on to my Songbird edition at this point instead of returning it, since it seems like it's selling out at most places. X-Wing for $3 at a local place, the Tomb Raider controller and Luigi's Mansion were both from Newegg for $40 and $30, Fire Emblem from Ebay for $60ish, VC3 artbook from Amazon, MAG from Gamestop for $1, and the PS3 from Target clearance for a friend for $150.

ME3, Medievil II, Mario Kart and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked were from AWD for pretty good prices. Mario Kart and SMT are both going back though, as Mario Kart was listed as the version with the wheel, and SMT has a good sized dent/rip on the front. Alas.

Took a trip to the Super Flea (local flea market) today and acutually came away with some decent stuff. The Genesis games are all pretty rough but were worth it.

eLsPyRd.jpg

Dragon Warrior cost me $4 and Life Force cost me $10, not the best price on either but didn't want to leave empty handed at the time. Finally as I was about to leave came across these Genesis/32x games and walked away with them for $25.

I got:
Sub Terraria
Chakan
Grindstormer
Mystic Defender
Mega Turrican
Vapor Trail
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Tempo (32x)

Not a bad day overall when I went in expecting nothing. Would've liked the Genesis games to be in better condition but I've been looking for a few of them cheap.

[quote name='dodgeme']Took a trip to the Super Flea (local flea market) today and acutually came away with some decent stuff. The Genesis games are all pretty rough but were worth it.

Dragon Warrior cost me $4 and Life Force cost me $10, not the best price on either but didn't want to leave empty handed at the time. Finally as I was about to leave came across these Genesis/32x games and walked away with them for $25.

I got:
Sub Terraria
Chakan
Grindstormer
Mystic Defender
Mega Turrican
Vapor Trail
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Tempo (32x)

Not a bad day overall when I went in expecting nothing. Would've liked the Genesis games to be in better condition but I've been looking for a few of them cheap.[/QUOTE]

Of all those games the one that didn't work was Grindstormer, the one game I wanted the most ...... I've cleaned it many times but it appears to be a dead cart, from what I've read on the internet Tengen games seem to have issues, I may try to swap the rom onto another Genesis game PCB but that is for another day.

Just picked up Sleeping Dogs for $21 on Amazon this weekend. I've heard a lot of good things about the game. Looking forward to trying it out.

[quote name='dodgeme']Of all those games the one that didn't work was Grindstormer, the one game I wanted the most ...... I've cleaned it many times but it appears to be a dead cart, from what I've read on the internet Tengen games seem to have issues, I may try to swap the rom onto another Genesis game PCB but that is for another day.[/QUOTE]

Well I got it working. I took it to the extreme level of swapping rom chips. I sacrificed Joe Montana Footballs PCB and swapped the rom onto it's board. Had to desolder 42 points on each board and then solder the rom chip onto the board. Never thought it would work but it did so I managed to revive my copy of Grind Stormer. Gotta say I am quite thrilled.

[quote name='dodgeme']Well I got it working. I took it to the extreme level of swapping rom chips. I sacrificed Joe Montana Footballs PCB and swapped the rom onto it's board. Had to desolder 42 points on each board and then solder the rom chip onto the board. Never thought it would work but it did so I managed to revive my copy of Grind Stormer. Gotta say I am quite thrilled.[/QUOTE]

Well congrats man! Gotta love that perseverance!

Nothing too big this time, just got a skin for my 3ds.

Thought it came out to look pretty nice! Too bad I don't get to see the bottom of it because I alway have the powerpak on haha.

That's absolutely gorgeous. I can't afford to go with an outer skin for my XL since I use the NERF armor for it (somehow, my XL was getting slight scratches while being in my pocket despite not having anything else there), but I am definitely interested in getting something for the inside. Do they offer skins for 3DS XL's where you got it from?

[quote name='Tsukento']That's absolutely gorgeous. I can't afford to go with an outer skin for my XL since I use the NERF armor for it (somehow, my XL was getting slight scratches while being in my pocket despite not having anything else there), but I am definitely interested in getting something for the inside. Do they offer skins for 3DS XL's where you got it from?[/QUOTE]

I got mine from this seller off of ebay.

Seller here

Came in pretty fast, and was decently inexpensive. Would reccommend if you found a design you like!

In fact, I searched and there were around 40 available for the xl.

And if you liked that design, there's a similar one here

Design Here in This Link

[quote name='zlatour']Do those come with their respective figures?[/QUOTE]

You literally can see the figures through the plastic windows (the "slices")

[quote name='zlatour']Do those come with their respective figures?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have gotten them if they didn't have them. Used to love the original TMNT when I was a kid but much prefer the 2K3 series now.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Well, even though the creator of the show wasn't there like she was supposed to be, stupid illness, I still got a signed by the producer of my new favorite documentary.

[/QUOTE]
Is that some kind of Golden Girls/Beatles/Star Trek crossover above your light switch?

[quote name='DNukem170']I wouldn't have gotten them if they didn't have them. Used to love the original TMNT when I was a kid but much prefer the 2K3 series now.[/QUOTE]

I can't stand the TMNT cartoon from nick. Jason Biggs voice acting sucks. Not to mention i think one of the turtles is voice acted by a girl which is just horrible. The animation is bad imo too. It's way too digital.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Is that some kind of Golden Girls/Beatles/Star Trek crossover above your light switch?[/QUOTE]

I'll answer for him: Yes (aka Dr. Who).

Couple recent pick ups:

20130416181521.jpg

Mag, de Blob, and Rock Band from gamestop ($3.90), Shadow from a CAG lowball ($3 shipped), and Pokemon Colosseum from a thrift shop ($3):)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Couple recent pick ups:
20130416181521.jpg
Mag, de Blob, and Rock Band from gamestop ($3.90), Shadow from a CAG lowball ($3 shipped), and Pokemon Colosseum from a thrift shop ($3):)[/QUOTE]

What's with that SoC art?

[quote name='elessar123']What's with that SoC art?[/QUOTE]

It was disc only, so I found some I liked on vgboxart.com. I'm rather fond of it, and for $3 I don't really care that it isn't the official art;)

[quote name='salty tbone']I'll answer for him: Yes (aka Dr. Who).[/QUOTE]
Oh jeez, I didn't realize that's the cover for The Five Doctors! Ha ha ha, I seriously thought Hartnell and Pertwee were Betty White and Bea Arthur, respectively.

Pickups from the last few days:

From MovieStop:

20130417_182923-1.jpg

20130417_183418-1.jpg

Naruto and InuYasha were $15. Magic User's Club and Stratos 2 were free.

From Amazon/eBay:

20130417_183457-1.jpg

20130417_183523-1.jpg

Gamestop 50% off games: http://imageshack.us/a/img577/2461/021fi.jpg

B2G1 DS games from Gamestop: http://imageshack.us/a/img818/820/022psq.jpg

B2G1 Wii games from Gamestop: http://imageshack.us/a/img541/4094/024zy.jpg

Misc. Gamestop/ Target clearance: http://imageshack.us/a/img855/7194/025eoc.jpg

ACIII Gamestop converted to used/ SCII HOTS pricematched to Frys $60: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/663/026sql.jpg

Amazon Warehouse Deals (all like new, although the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time came with a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team inside): http://imageshack.us/a/img809/6721/020gk.jpg

Lastly, got around to cheapo framing the Club Nintendo poster and Batman lithos: http://imageshack.us/a/img32/7638/027vi.jpg

I just got this little guy, love the pillow, its like one of those Pillow Pets lol

I think its cute when it stands up

531977_363359433763842_978963708_n.jpg

554932_363359420430510_1171623208_n.jpg

Got some good stuff this month so far :D
imag05221.jpg

Got the Portal Mini Gun off Think Geek. The Android plushies I ordered as filler were also very impressive. Sold two of them for $10 and kept 3 of them.
imag0428y.jpg

I went to a Target after my classes were canceled one day looking for clearance games. Found Conner chilling by himself and scanned him and he was out of the system. Manager came to give me a price and told me she'd take $40 off the original price. I was kinda disappointed to hear that but then saw the $42 price :D
imag05191.jpg

Got Reach and Darkstalkers from Amazon Warehouse for $6.xx each. Now all I need is Halo CE for :xbox: to complete my halo collection (I Played Halo CE on the PC before I even had a 360, first time ever playing an online multiplayer game). BlazBlue and BF:BC2 from Gamestop's used game sale. Enjoying BlazBlue very much, glad to have a good fighter again (Besides MvC 2). Alice in Wonderland Blu from Amazon, got it for my mom and looks very good. I didn't watch it with her since she watched it in Spanish while I prefer English. Pandora's Tower was a pre-order I forgot about, didn't wanna pass it up like XenoBlade but it seems there won't be any issues getting a copy. Saw Mad World when I picked up Pandora's Tower. Always meant to try it and after beating Anarchy Reigns I wouldn't mind playing some more Jack.

[quote name='trollape74']
imag05191.jpg

Got Reach and Darkstalkers from Amazon Warehouse for $6.xx each. Now all I need is Halo CE for :xbox: to complete my halo collection (I Played Halo CE on the PC before I even had a 360, first time ever playing an online multiplayer game). BlazBlue and BF:BC2 from Gamestop's used game sale. Enjoying BlazBlue very much, glad to have a good fighter again (Besides MvC 2). Alice in Wonderland Blu from Amazon, got it for my mom and looks very good. I didn't watch it with her since she watched it in Spanish while I prefer English. Pandora's Tower was a pre-order I forgot about, didn't wanna pass it up like XenoBlade but it seems there won't be any issues getting a copy. Saw Mad World when I picked up Pandora's Tower. Always meant to try it and after beating Anarchy Reigns I wouldn't mind playing some more Jack.[/QUOTE]

I really need to start watching AWD, I've really been wanting to pick up Reach and ODST (have 1-3 already). $6 is a very nice price indeed:D

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I really need to start watching AWD, I've really been wanting to pick up Reach and ODST (have 1-3 already). $6 is a very nice price indeed:D[/QUOTE]
Just started ordering from AWD, I actually didn't like Reach at all but $6 for getting closer to completing my collection was very tempting. Thanks to CAG I'm getting a decent sized backlog and constantly picking up cheap games. :lol:

[quote name='ZombieToast']Oh jeez, I didn't realize that's the cover for The Five Doctors! Ha ha ha, I seriously thought Hartnell and Pertwee were Betty White and Bea Arthur, respectively.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, picture was kinda blurry, Ha. But yeah, my dad found it at a garage sale a year ago or so. The 5 Doctors is actually one of the few Classic Series episodes I've seen.

$10 craigslist. Doesn't have av cable, but ill get one on ebay. Always wanted one, this is my first.
image48y.jpg

$2 flea market. Complete, in like new condition.
image38msy.jpg

$10 craigslist. New Super Mario Bros is bootleg I think, its "new" but looks like a shotty wrapping job, and printed artwork. Disgaea 2 is wrapped, but doesn't have a ps2 sticker on the case, so I don't think it is new even though marketed as new, but for $10 total, not too bad.
image28n.jpg

$15 craiglist. Love the Zelda Pickup. Gamecube controller is 3rd party.
image11ui.jpg

$25 craigslist, already turned around for $40. was console only
image110x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back