The Official CAG April 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

actually the other ones don't mention sd card, also that site is a wiki anyways
Well, that one I linked to mentions how you can use an SD card to play more games via emulation. Which also only seems to have been released in Europe and nowhere else. Which would actually be nice if it's possible to import it and still use it.

The Arcade Ultimate and the Arcade Ultimate Portable seem to have the use of an SD card for more games. However I don't know if those two were only released to an exclusive region. http://www.atgames.net/front/bin/ptlist.phtml?Category=100719 (Seems like you can purchase them off Amazon)

Last edited by a moderator:
This finally came for me in the mail today. I've been dying to get my hands on it.

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

And the horrors that await for me by building the Jehuty

For the most part yes. I'm working on a complete US Wii game collection so there are a bunch of games I probably won't play. I do plan on playing a decent amount of them though that I'm interested in or look weird.
Been out of this thread for this month (since I haven't picked up much worthwhile I'm keeping), but I always like checking out your Wii pick ups. Games like Fritz Chess, Dokapon Kingdom, Calling, Exerbeat, My Horse and Me: Riding for Gold, Oregon Trail, F1 2009 and the like (about half a dozen more I could think of) could be costly. I'd check local GS stock constantly if you aren't already.

EDIT: Wow, I just checked the price again on Dokapon, it really went up in the past few months since I sold off my copy. Maybe Atlus will do another reprint...

Wow, Dokapon has gotten pricey. And yet GS has dropped its price down to $24.99. I already have a copy but that'd still be a no-brainer pickup.

Wow, Dokapon has gotten pricey. And yet GS has dropped its price down to $24.99. I already have a copy but that'd still be a no-brainer pickup.
I don't think it even matters what price they drop it down to since finding one in store will be completely dependent on luck, and finding one complete, even more so.

I don't have any within 200 miles of me. XD

Atlus did work with GS for the reprint in Winter 2012 (all GS stores suddenly had practically new "used" copies at that point, if that sounds familiar), and if they get wind of what its selling for on the second-hand market now, I don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

Sorry to derail the pick-ups thread in the mean time!

Is that porcelain thing in the middle supposed to be a breast?

And recent pickups:

7ArbyFu.jpg

Dark Souls II guide from BBY with 1/2 off Gamer's Club welcome coupon. HP and Batman from WB shop sale. Conception, Ys, and vanilla Demon Gaze from BBY. Demon Gaze LE from NISA. Witch and the Hundred Knights from Amazon. Steelbooks from Zavvi. Kid Icarus and Duck Tales from TRU clearance. Steins;Gate from Rightstuf. ZoE/P4G/Soul Hackers from Gamestop B2G1.

And not pictured: A 2014 Trek 1.5

I don't think it even matters what price they drop it down to since finding one in store will be completely dependent on luck, and finding one complete, even more so.

Know anybody in the military? There is a copy at Fort Irwin that is 100 miles away from me, they had a copy of Ninja Five-0 that I would have killed for too.

And I used to find Dokapon everywhere a while ago. :lol: Oh well. If I find it again, I'll pick it up for sure.

@ elessar123

Dat Steins;Gate box. :lol: xD 

Man, I just realized I haven't posted in like a month :(

Happy birthday to me, from me :p
null_zps3ab1dde7.jpg

Couple of DS flash carts which made covers/cases for.
null_zpsbebab5cc.jpg

Japan-only F-Zero GBA game. No I haz all 3 :D
null_zps7e28d22f.jpg

Pickup at the local "Exchange" store.
null_zps59f51d31.jpg

No more rubberbands and twist ties for my controllers.
null_zps1af94484.jpg

Been wanting to get this for a while so I waited for the prices to cool off a bit and got it for $54 at my local gamestop.

m7lVP4Q.jpg

WP_20140426_008.jpg

I got my first ever arcade stick today at 2nd & Charles in Greenville, which is an Asciiware for the PS1 alongside a Pelican-brand "PS2 to PS3" adapter. It works for the PC and I tried it out with Vampire Savior on GGPO.  

The stick is pretty good although it is certainly not arcade-build... but if you wanna practice some combos or want to play something arcade-y, this stick happens to do the job!

Been wanting to get this for a while so I waited for the prices to cool off a bit and got it for $54 at my local gamestop.
Might want to go back to GS and pick up 5 other .49-99 cent games. Spending the $2-$4 knocks Xenoblade down to $35

Sometimes, as someone who doesn't watch much anime, I enjoy looking at random covers.

Strike Witches, AKA: 6 year-old catgirls wielding heavy machine guns, wearing booty shorts and sailor tops while having one leg in a trashcan.

We all know we only watch Anime for the plot. Hopefully people in here know what I meant by 'plot'.  =P~

(Sarcasm, or is it?) 

Last Pick Ups of the Month.

Black Flag from BB DOTD. Red Alert 3 and the Anthology were from Ebay. Paid about 22 for both. $8 of that was from shipping. :/ :lol:

Gamestop Buy  6+ get 40% Off. I was going to get these anyways, thought I might as well buy it now. :lol: 

Not Shown: Warioware Inc for Gamecube. 2.99 at Goodwill. Also traded in Need For Speed Rivals at Gamestop for 30.80 with Trade In Bonuses. 

bread's done
Back